Printed Fiction Hardcopies 398 members · 710 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Themisto
Group Admin

Since the last months, the folder is grown from 25 to 245 Stories. Because of this, it is nowadays pretty hard to find the story/book you are looking for. That’s why I have decided to relaunch the folder with subfolders and links to the actual books.

Q. A.:

Whats will change:

• Every book with more than 2 Stories is now defined as a collection. They will get a unique subfolder and won’t be listed besits the Books which are not defined as a collection.
    This will have two positive effects:

1. You can see in one look what stories are included in a collection. This is especially useful when there are many  Stories in on print on demand book (There exist collections which have more than 20 Stories).
    2. The stories which are not a collection do not get overshadowed by the collections. They will be easier to find.
  • Descriptions will be added to the folders. They will list the print on demand books alphabetical in terms of the author’s name. The list will also include links about how you can obtain the books. It is planned that this looks similar to Friends of Ponyfeather Publishing list.

How will it change:
It will take some days (hopefully not weeks) to implement the new folder. That is why I will create a second Print on Demand folder. When it gets finished the old folder could be deleted but this will be by then decided.

Will every story from the old folder implemented in the new folder?
I will try to do this. But maybe they will be some stories that are not printed any more or have hidden links. I will list them in a separate subfolder. After the new main folder is ready it can be decided how to proceed with these stories.

What do I do when I find a new print on demand book?
Please add your fond stories to the old folder during the change. Only admins and Stroy contributors will have to exist to the new one during this time. After the change, it will be again the possibility to contribute your stories to the folder.
But of course, it would be also pretty great if you lett us know about it in the forum.

If you have any questions/suggestions let me know.

Thanks so much for your efforts. It's going to be really nice to have a comprehensive place to lookup stories and where we can find them in prints.

Also, something to note (if you haven't already) is that some stories will be included in multiple anthologies. For example, Horizon's Administrative Angel can be found in both Tales of the Sun and Songs of the Sisters.

Ah, that will be helpful

Themisto
Group Admin

Nice that you like my Idee. :twilightsmile:

The plan is to have stories like Horizon's Administrative Angel in multiple collections. The same applies to some stories from Horse Voice. (Holder's Boulder, Leviathan and The Writing on the Wall). All three can be found in his book Biblical Monsters and the collection Nightmare Nights.

I have also a question for you. :twilightsheepish:
The collection Nightmare Nights contains this books: list
As you will see it have 23 Stories (Rated T and under) but one rated M Story (Story 25 is was deleted on fimfiction). What do you think where should I put this collection? Under M or under T with an examiner?

By the way, the book was a nice read.

Huh, that's a tough question. I'm inclined to say M since by default one usually goes for the highest rating, but I can see this making stories hard to find. Maybe a third category for "mixed?"

Sorry I didn't get around to looking at the new structure beforehand and give feedback, I just didn't have the time. I have to say though, it looks very good.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6