Women In Equestria 349 members · 250 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Immortan Joe
Group Admin

Hey, guys!

If you have, or know of any stories, that maybe worth promoting. Share them here! Be sure when you do you provide a link and a brieff synopsis. Remember though: the MC mudt be female and human.

Story: Megan Williams of Equestria
Author: MrNelg
Notes: Much as fans of the genre might dislike it, HiE fics often have problems: poorly written, unpleasant main characters, unlikely or ill conceived romances, unapologetic Gary Stu's and little thought given to world building. When a fic that bucks all of these trends appears, it is always a cause for good cheer.

Megan Williams is one such fic. The protagonist is engaging and well written, with none of the tell tale traits of a tedious self insert. The plot is interesting and well paced, with fascinating supporting characters. The story is ambitious: the protagonist must overcome cultural differences and language barriers. She must be creative in her use of the talents she has. The world building is excellent, and revealed gradually through her eyes.

Clichés are avoided: she doesn't appear in the Everfree, save the Crusaders or meet the Mane Six. It is a fantastic fic, which needs more love. I advise everyone to check it out.

4852902 You know it's funny that you mention the whole self insert thing, it can be well done but that's not the point I want to make. The reason Megan is well developed is because she Megan from My Little Pony G1. This story doesn't seem to take those events into account however but Megan is very in character from what I've read. That's just who she is to be blunt.

That is quite possible; the name and looks and characterisation are unlikely to be a coincidence. Even so, I stand by my point: it may not be to everyone's taste, but I certainly recommend giving it a shot.

4853985 Oh yeah I've read some of it already, the chapters are longer than I usually deal with but it's really well done. More frequent updates to the story would help it's cause quite a bit, but we don't know what's going on behind the scenes so that may not be possible.

My hope is that if it gets enough of a signal boost, the author's interest will be renewed. As you say, though: we don't know what's going on.

4854007 I for one think that would be great, but yes there may be very good reason for why it doesn't get many updates.

I know its not a "woman in Equestria" (since she is in Earth, not Equus), but Metamorphosis from PaintSplotch is a great story.

Project Sunflower would have to be my personal pick. As for my summary...

The Earth is doomed. It is the year 2038 and the Earth is slowly being overrun by a self replicating parasite called The Black Tide. Project Harmonics is a team of scientists (and unpaid college interns) trying to find a new world to inhabit. After months of effort, they find one that may be suitable. The only problem? It's already inhabited. Now it's up to Erin Olsen to blend in with the locals and find out more about humanity's next potential homeworld.

I really like the sci-fi start to it, but then it blends in to more of a slice of life deal before finishing with an adventure. It's currently complete with a sequel in progress.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9