Cutie Mark(ed) Crusaders 502 members · 2,623 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Fluttercheer
Group Admin

So, this just came in and it's exciting beyond imagination! I put another spoiler warning here, so think twice if you really want to continue reading!

A few hours ago, the Season 6 Finale synopsis was revealed! It's not as detailed and spoilery as finale synopses usually are, but it contains some very interesting and unexpected bits:

To Where and Back Again:

Airdate: October 22, 2016

Part 1:
Without the help of Twilight Sparkle and the Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer assembles an unlikely team of heroes to defend Equestria from the return of one of its greatest threats.

Part 2:
Starlight Glimmer leads an unlikely squad of rescuers against one of the ponies' oldest and greatest foes in order to save her friends and Equestria.

An unlikely team of heroes, huh? I wonder who that might be..... At this point, you probably have the same thought as me.
Here is a little reminder on it why this group was founded:

https://www.derpibooru.org/998721?scope=scpe17cc002cce436c048f641cf90c43bb94d7910a72

We already talked about it numerous times here what this magical outburst when they got their cutie marks means and maybe we will get the answer now!
I don't know about you, but they were the first ones I thought about when I read that Starlight Glimmer forms a team with "unlikely heroes" to "defend Equestria from the return of one of its greatest threats"!

What do you think? Will our Crusaders be the heroes for once and save everypony? What could they do exactly to stop the foe?
What powers could they hold to stop it? And if they do, who is their enemy even going to be?

An unlikely team of heroes, huh? I wonder who that might be

Trixie; Flim; Flam and Gilda!

Please don't let it be Discord! King Sombra, Nightmare Moon, even Chrysalis, but not Discord!

Fluttercheer
Group Admin

5476099 5476108

The way the synopsis is worded sounds more like the heroes will be ponies who most wouldn't expect to be strong and to be able to fight off a foe.
Some of those you named, like Nightmare Moon or Chrysalis, would be unexpected to fight on the good side, but they are also powerful, so they aren't unlikely heroes, at least not in that regards that they can fight.
When I hear about unlikely heroes, then I think of unexpected heroes, heroes that doesn't seem to be capable to fight against a threat at first glance, but have means to do so anyway.
And I can't imagine better ponies to fit that description than Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, because barely anyone thinks they could do much against a villain, but there is that magical surge that happened when they got their cutie marks, which hints at it that they hold some powers they don't know of.
My bits go fully on it that it's them who fight the villain.

I hope it's a Male Alicorn... Wait I think that's for the movie :facehoof:

Fluttercheer
Group Admin

If the signs for it are true, then "Trinity" might become a reality with the Finale:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/293692/trinity

I'm so hyped for this! :scootangel:

I meant as the villain! Do you know what conniption I'd have if Discord becomes a villain again? Not to mention how upset many fans would be over it, not to mention the waste of Discord's character development. Now that I've said it outloud, I realize that the writers' have gone too far with Discord's character to turn him bad again. At least I hope so.

I hope not...

I have an entire fic on Standby where the CMC, upon finding out that the mane six are missing and causing Equestria to go to pot, go to the tree of harmony and ask it to let them have the elements so they can go and save their sisters. They are joined by Dinky, pegasys filly, and Diamond Tiara to journey to a distant land to become heroes so they can stop the bad guys.

Yeah, if they bring out the CMC, my entire plot is ruined! :raritycry:

DR-Fluffy
Group Contributor

5476017 Based on the writing of the recent episodes it will ether be amazing or complete trash, and considering its a Starlight episode I have little hope.

Can anyone give me some reassurance that whoever the villain is, it won't be Discord? Until I get some, I'll be a nervous over the possibility that Discord is going to betray the ponies...again.

FrostVortex
Group Admin

Don't know why, but this kinda reminds me of Suicide Squad. But it's waaaay different though.

5476552 Apologies but i have say that some of us actually enjoy the episodes with Starlight Glimmer.

DR-Fluffy
Group Contributor

5477321 That's fine, but personally I haven't found her that enjoyable.

5477322 Different strokes for different folks.

I tried to go for the bad joke

Fluttercheer
Group Admin

If Discord should become a villain again, then his character development would not be at waste. That would only be the case if it is assumed that with him being good, the character development is already over and set in stone and that being good is like, the end destination of his development and the desired outcome. Which is not necessarily the case, because anything can happen.
Besides that, it's Discord. He is a trickster and manipulator for life who enjoys it to mess with ponies' minds, so it would not be entirely a surprise if one day, he just snips with his fingers and is all like "Oh, I'm getting bored of this friendship faking thing, let's try something new!" and brings back the good old chaos.
With Discord, you can never be 100% sure. I don't think he will turn evil again (or that he secretly still is and just plays games), but it's a possibility.

I think a good bet is Chrysalis. "One of the ponies oldest and greatest foes" definitely sounds like her. She was also there already when the Crystal Empire got attacked by the Umbrum for the first time (Fiendship is Magic #5), which was presumably thousands of years ago, so she is very old.
And we also know that she regularly raided towns and cities of Equestria from her comic issue, even caused one town to fall entirely by killing the entire civilization and their ruler.
All of that does fit the description very well. Then there's the strong implication that she plans an attack on the Crystal Empire in the Opener and "The Times They Are a Changeling" and that she is after Flurry Heart.
It's very likely her.
And if it isn't her, then something old and evil is creeping out of the darkness and back to the surface again. And I'm not talking about 1,000 years.
I rather think in prehistoric dimensions here. A true, immemorial evil.

Don't worry, you can still write that. Chances are your story starts out a completely different point in time and the real events won't go down your route anyway. Only the powers they have might face a problem, because with them, they won't need the Elements of Harmony obviously.
But there is sure some way around..... And if in doubt and all else fails, turn the story into Alternate Universe. That always works.

It's not going to be trash because you don't like Starlight Glimmer. In fact, Starlight assembling this team and having to fight without the help of Twilight and her friends, is the best thing that can happen for the plot of the show, because it's something fresh and unexpected.
Sometimes you must bite in the sour apple when watching a long-time running TV show and accept that some things are needed, even those that you don't like, to give the show a long life. :ajsmug:

Can't wait to see whom it is though

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20