Undertale 1,140 members · 160 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22
Aristagtle
Group Admin

Due to recent events, rylasasin and I are currently searching for new admins for this group.

We are mods in several other large and similarly active groups, and with the current growth rate of this group, there is no way we can continue to moderate it all on our own. One of the site admins already had to interfere in another thread because we didn't police it quickly enough before it escalated. If we don't find a solution to this problem and the site admins have to interfere again, the group faces possible deletion. I think no one here wants that.

Applications in this thread. No PMs, please.

5319154 What are the responsibilities of being a mod? I might want to be one, but I'd rather know what I would be getting into.

5319154 I wish to be one.

Aristagtle
Group Admin

A mod would essentially have to make sure that people post in accordance with the site's rules and the netiquette. They'd have to police discussions that devolve into insults and personal attacks, but also things like roleplaying in the forums or links to NSFW images. A good example for a thread that was in bad need of moderation was this thread, which was also the one that forced the site admins to interfere.

Aristagtle
Group Admin

Also, to be clear: The new admins should be people who are active in this group on a regular basis, preferably daily, and they should regularly read in most of the active threads. It doesn't make sense to make someone admin and then it turns out that they don't even read here regularly. It would just be the same problem all over again.

rylasasin
Group Admin

Also, having skype is a plus (but not necessarily a requirement)

We've also decided we're going to keep this thread open a few days then pick our new moderators from whoever applies.

5319176 Okay, I'd like to apply to be a mod for this group. I come here often, and read the threads for this group, and I like reading the comments as well. I also have played Undertale for a total of 55 hours, so I know many things about it.

Aristagtle
Group Admin

Detailed knowledge of Undertale or the fandom is not required, but appreciated. The most important qualifications are basic knowledge of the site's rules, an understanding of netiquette, and a feeling for when policing is needed.

5319213 well, I understand the site rules, and I really don't like seeing people fight and exchange comments on the internet. I definitely would be able to police an argument when people start exchanging insults. I actually despise cursing and never use it in real life nor in stories or anything like that.

Aristagtle
Group Admin

I actually despise cursing and never use it in real life nor in stories or anything like that.

Being a f:yay:ing saint is actually not required for application. :raritywink: :pinkiecrazy: But good to know. :twilightsmile:

TheShippingJR
Group Admin

Well I do certainly know how to stay active on many sites, especially this one and it'd be a nice little side thing I can also keep hold of on a daily basis. It'd also be fun to help and manage with a group of contributers which I joined in its early day. It'd be a fun experience for as long as I can uphold the requirements so if I can join, it'll be a blast to help the community. As much as I don't respond to a lot of threads by commenting, I can certainly check up every time a new one pops up.

I can also give you my Skype name if you need to. But if not, then I'll still be here to stay around.

Aristagtle
Group Admin

As Rylasasin said, having Skype is a plus.

5319154 I'll take the job. I'm active every day on this website.

Agklover
Group Admin

I can do it, i basically visit this group for any new threads, like Facebook, which i visit, often. I have Skype and i obey the site rules: Heres my Skype if your interested to Talk with me about the admin job: https://join.skype.com/O95Kweehq9M6
Also, this job will give me something to do during the summer, because i mostly play Video Games, all day. :)
i have gotten in trouble with the site rules, a little bit. Because of a story on fimfiction. But other then that, i follow the site rules

Is the applications still open? If it is, I'd like to apply. I understand if i'm not accepted. But I do come here around the group every often and check the threads, but not reply or post. I sometimes post around the threads if it actually interests me.

rylasasin
Group Admin

The applications are going to be open for a few days yet (I suspect 3-5 days depending on how many good ones we get.) Then we'll close thread and announce our selection.

I'd love to give it a go but I'm probably too biased. there's no way I'd last two seconds before banning SPC. Hopefully it happens by circumstance. the moderator is already pretty pissed. Other than the fact that that discussion got out of hand though, this group is pretty slow. it's kind of surprising they'd need more admin/mods

the one thing I do have going for me is exhaustive knowledge of undertale, but that doesn't make me much of a public presence. I definitely don't visit every day.

I am willing to apply for moderator for this group. I possess considerable knowledge about the game, and would love to keep this group at a satisfactory level, including policing the group's threads once or twice a day, making sure that flame wars never happen, endless waves of insults and generally trying to keep the group's ambient at a healthy level.

Generally, I come to FIMFiction every time I open up my computer, always check posts made in various groups and move on, all in all, I come regularly, and can respond to any issue relatively fast.

rylasasin
Group Admin

there's no way I'd last two seconds before banning SPC.

That's already been done anyway.

Comment posted by Agklover deleted Jun 29th, 2016
Aristagtle
Group Admin

For now, we've decided to give mod status to Agklover and TheShippingJR. In case we need more mods, we'll come back to the other applications as well. ShippingJR will get a PM from me with my Skype name soon.

Also, I think we have enough applications for now. This thread is closed.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22