The Goodfic Bin 1,255 members · 1,297 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
BikerPon3
Group Admin

In light of recent events, we now have a new rule:

— Your account must be at least a month old to add stories to the Submissions folder. Any submissions from accounts younger than this will be removed and ignored.

Making alts to submit stories to the Submissions: Submit Other People's Work Here folder is not allowed. The alt will be permabanned from the group and the main will receive a strike.

4270428 I'm sorry that you need to put up this rule. :applejackunsure:

4270428 pretty bad when you have to make a rule like this

...I can only wonder why I'm not surprised. :facehoof:

Regis-Th3-Lesser
Group Contributor

It is sad, but don't people just don't accept leniency. Sometimes you need to put your foot down.

4270463 *Sigh.* I know it's just so sad.

And what's wrong with Haphazard that they can't go to the self submission folder.

Regis-Th3-Lesser
Group Contributor

The Self Submissions Folder had been overloaded to the point to where Haphazred couldn't keep up so we decided to lock it.

4270480 Ah, well I would just wait a bit. Cheating the system is a bad idea.

This doesn't apply retroactively, right? I submitted three stories before my account was 1 month. (Actually, I'm not sure if my account has been in here one month yet).

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4270486 Considering you joined FiMFiction in June of last year, I think you're fine.

Oh. I thought you meant you had to be in the group one month. Nevermind, I'm stupid.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4270471 To be honest, there are a few advantages over not using the self submissions thread. First off, the 'include a reason' part of the submission gets people a few times, and I have rejected submissions over them not providing adequate reasons.

Second, you can only submit one. If you want to get several in there, you'll have to wait until I'm finished each time.

Thirdly, if someone else submits your stuff, you look better.

I was actually tempted to be impressed by the lengths that people would go to to get in, but then I'm told he was pretty easy to spot, which just makes him look silly instead. Really, this rule is just going to enforce people using effective alts, so they should be thanking us for telling them how to do it properly.

4270926 thankfully most people are too lazy to try that kind of stuff, so hopefully we will get less insane sillyness that isn’t properly engineered by Pinkie Pie.

Charles Spratt
Group Admin

4270428 Great. Wonderful. Fantastic.
On a related note: WHY DOES THIS RULE HAVE TO BE A THING?!
Anyhow, it's sad how far some people will go to get an easy to submit to folder. Cheers :pinkiesmile:

4271118 Here, have a coke and rum with me. Heck I'll even share an home made bacon and egg english muffin.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16