The Babs Seed Fan Club 134 members · 200 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

Any thoughts on the latest comic starring Babs seed and Rarity?

Er...... what?
Am i not welcome here?

Here's the comic... no need to be hostile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW1vTActQoA

I loved it! So cute! I liked how Rarity was dragging Babs around, and she was all wa....

4023252 It was cute in my opinion. I adored the art style, and the interactions between Rarity and Babs were also done well. I'd say it's worth a read for those who haven't looked at it yet. :twilightsmile:

4023252 Not bad. I appreciate the moral, especially how mature it was. But the fact that they recycled animation twice really bugs me. Still, it's better than the direction the main series is taking right now.

I liked the fact that we now know Babs likes roller derby! Put that in ya fan fics!

The Guardian and Friends
Group Contributor

EEEEEEEE I MUST BUY THIS!

Actually, we don't. Characters in the show are (often) different than the ones depicted in a comic.

~Twi

Babs has very little to no character development. Ill take everything we can get.

That... really doesn't make much sense.

Even though she has little or no character development, you can easily attach your own headcanons. It really makes no sense to wait for a media that is not really a canon to provide her character...

~Twi

I didn't really have time to say what i was going to say earlier because i was in a rush.

I do agree that the characters in comics are a bit different from the show. Even though the comics aren't true canon unlike the show they are still more canon then our fan fictions. Nevertheless you can disregard them since they are unofficial and not exactly true canon. What i said was my opinion and I'd take the comic canon over fan made canon. I can still understand what your trying to say it's just what i prefer to do. That and the fact that i really wanna see some roller derby fanfics :D

4042084 In this comic, Sweetie belle is sick and so Rarity accompanies babs seed around Ponyville and tries to get her to try out new outfits at Carousel Boutique in exchange for something Babs wants to do for fun (roller derby).

Another comic with Babs seed is when Apple Bloom and Applejack go to manehattan with Rarity to meet up with Babs and then get caught up in a mystery with Trixie Lulamoon (The great and powerful Trixie is framed for stealing a rare diamond by a jewel thief, Rough Diamond). Babs helps Trixie prove her innocence and discover the real culprit.

The Guardian and Friends
Group Contributor

Oh, I have a lot of headcanons to babs, so much that she's an entirely different character from the show.

Samey90
Group Admin

I've read it recently. It was cute, despite some art being reused and rather plain backgrounds (I didn't read many IDW comics, but those I read had more details there). Also, I kinda predicted the "Babs being a sports fan" thing in one of my fics...

Which parts of the art were reused?

Samey90
Group Admin

For example, the background and most of the poses between those two pannels:

Though it may be me being like Calvin's grandpa:

Its not exactly being reused. Each scene looks different its just hard to notice.

The Guardian and Friends
Group Contributor

OH GOD THE NEEDLES!

I can never forget the traumatizing event of the needles.

Samey90
Group Admin

Yeah. I think there was a comparison of two pannels (with Sweetie Belle falling from bed) and they indeed look slightly different.

One of the roller derby participants used the handle "Shining Harmer" and bore a close resemblance to Princess Cadence.

Babs and Rarity went backstage to talk with the roller derby winner and got her autograph. Babs was star-struck and the winner cited her inspiration for entering the roller derby was her own grandmother. Best part was when Babs was trying to explain the rules of the roller derby to Rarity, who was very clueless about the derby.

I felt bad for Sweetie Belle and her ear infection. There was the part where Rarity came in wearing her Florence Nightengale inspired ensemble to take her sister to the hospital and talk with the doctor. Turns out that the ear infection was not contagious, but Sweetie was not medically cleared to travel to Manehattan.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23