Displaced 4,437 members · 1,271 stories
Comments ( 192 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 192

Random idea i have in my head for the last couple of months. (Might actually do it, but i lack the skills to write, so i might just butcher it)

A displaced captain yamamoto from gotei 13 or any kind of master/old man archetype. I have always wondered what it would look like if someone like him or somone similar appear in equestria. Though i always wondered whether for the cliche of displaced by merchant or displaced by death.

Their is also dispalced by magical phenomena like disappearing in the Bermuda triangle during a storm. You could literally use any alleged supernatural event in any place that is notorious for that in the world. Walks into abandoned train tunnel and disappears is an example or by wishing to see equestria during some shootingstar/meteor shower

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

There is no wrong way to be Displaced, get creative. It could be some powerful entity, main character could die and be reborn, find a strange item or area that displaces them, it could be a wish made on said item. Drowning or suddenly dying in a accident is another way of doing it. Or they could be walking, minding their own business, suddenly area changes. Maybe they're a scientist and they created a portal?

May I suggest a Cozy Glow displaced? I mean it literally someone go to disguised as Cozy and end in Equestria as a copy of Cozy the problem is Cozy appear a little before season 1, and end in Ponyville, but is worried about what is going to happen in season 8 when the real Cozy appear. And of course as a Cozy displaced his battle power is very low, she will not be a element (No seventh magical element of harmony) and can only do what Cozy could do in the show.

Something optional could be if she is not the only displaced and the other villains also have their copy around, but that is optional.

idea, Meta Knight from Kirby games and show, get displace and end up with the mane 6,

How about someone Displaced as Jevil from Deltarune? I would love to see how someone would take on the challenge of writing Jevil, especially a Displaced Jevil.

Has anyone done a Devil May Cry displaced but as Virgil?

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

There are a few Dantes, but never Virgil.

Huh, I feel like there should be more.
In all the DMC stories I've seen, the protagonist is almost always like Dante. I think it would be very interesting to have the protag posses the stoic personality traits of Vergil. I feel like he would get along with the princesses very well if he wasn't in a power-hungry villain mindset.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

I'm more in favor of main character keeping their personality rather than them becoming the Displaced's personality, extra bonus if they gain the powers but keep both their original body and their personality.

I can not write at all tho i have two ideas for displaced. 1. Stephanie Plum 2. Clare from Claymore.

True but what if the MC's personality was almost like vergil to begin with?

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Then there is nothing unique about them and you might as well just write the original Vergil ending up in Equestria rather than a human Displaced as Vergil who ends up acting exactly like Vergil

How about someone Displaced as Bugs Bunny?

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

I don't think anyone has.

How about a retired Popstar/Pop Idol being Displaced as a Vocaloid or some other fictional Popstar/Pop Idol?

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Why would anyone do that???

No idea. Boredom maybe?

The best way I see it happening is if Jevil himself moves on from the party's pocket (his current shape won't matter) and decides to go on a road trip.

Takes a wrong turn at the Tum-Tum tree, greets that jolly giant surrounded by tiny people that are trying to tie him up with rope as he twirls his scythe, throws a diamond shot at that dumb-looking scarecrow dance-jogging with the lion and the tin man behind the silly girl since he finds his form offensive to his good taste, and finds good ol' Dissy in his bathtub when turning sideways in the imaginary w axis.

'Ohohohoho! What have we here? Smells of silliness ... and chaos!'

In all likelihood, it would work only as a one-shot, as his original personality is way too murderous for the MLP setting he'd find himself in. If anyone can find a way to make a long story, do share.:twilightsmile:

This. So much this.:moustache:

If only more people took notice of this. Alternatively, have the actual character end up displaced like Sanguine Blade proposed in his earlier post.

That's probably how it would work if it was the actual Jevil & not some random person Displaced as him, especially if their personality doesn't end up being overwritten by Jevil's own personality. Not all Displaced have to be done that way lol.

Meh, what makes Jevil Jevil is his personality. A serious shmuck with Jevil's looks wouldn't work - for me, at least.:trixieshiftright:

Has anyone done SCP-682 yet? I'd actually read it lol.

Has anyone ever thought about writing about a Displaced Sakuya Izayoi yet? I'd certainly be interested in reading that.

I never said anything about the person having to be too serious for his/her own good lol. I mean, they could be a bit like Jevil without being all murderous for all anyone knows & it could work better than the person being all work and no chill lol.

That exists. It also hasn’t been updated in years.

Has anyone thought to do a bayonetta displaced yet? Either someone displaced as her, or the real bayonetta displaced into equestria both work.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Oddly no. I've yet to see anyone write a displaced version of her.

How about a Displaced Eevee that was genetically modified to be a flying type? Also, the Flying Typing gets carried over into their Evolution. Or the genetically modified Flying Type Eevee can Evolve & "devolve" like a Digimon (which it ain't lol. Also, this particular part of the idea, which is the Eevee evolving & devolving at will, is originally from a Pokémon fanfic called "Ashes of the Past") but it still retains it's Flying typing.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

There are one or two Eevee displaced, but not as a flying type.

Mind sending me a link to those? Maybe in a PM so as to not go too far off-topic? Oh & has anyone done any type swapped Pokémon Displaced yet?

I know this might not sound new but what about a Displaced Digimon that's not a Renamon?

How about a Displaced All Might that, after fighting Villains for a long time, starts looking for a worthy Successor to their Quirk?
It could be called some like "My Little Pony: Heroism is Magic!" or maybe "My Little Academia: Justice for All!"

Has anyone done a Beetlejuice esque character? Spectre requiring someone to say their name? just spitballin random ideas

What about a displaced of?:
anime "High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World"
One or multiple displaced in one Equestria that got ultimate knowledge and abilities/become super prodigies of chosen fields
(If there is only one displaced he can get multiple).

No electricity?
They build a nuclear power plant.
Need to make a little money?
They take over economic control of the city.
How to repay their gratitude to an oppressed citizenry?
They upend the corrupt nobility by going to war.

A displaced that gets Overwrite ability or is displaced as XGaster

A displaced of gray Jedi who knows the weakness of seeing force as light and dark side and uses a fusion of principles, etc. Also, magic isn't the force but something like the lowest part/level of it

Displaced of blacklight person from prototype series. But this time the displaced should exploit his abilities more than just use limitations of the source and truly evolve and work, edit, upgrade on an atom, molecular level, etc

A displaced who gets the knowledge of Rick Sanchez and maybe other geniuses while he has enough of being normal like others and powerless and wants to take control of his life and be on top

All I hope is if someone will want to create these displaced I hope they will make them ambitious, you can even call it greedy but not stupid.
I'm tired of types like "I will guard these ponies because I'm a good boy in shining armor" or "I just want to live peacefully and away from problems, waste my opportunity but of course I will end up as a knight in shining armor anyway"

Okay so I suggest this idea a few years ago and nothing happened, so clearly posting it again will work!
Right guys?
.....guys?

.....any way here it is....

Here's a simple one, someone cosplaying as Grillby ends up in Equestria. He then decides that the best course of action would be too open up a bar. The story itself would be about Grillby interacting and reacting to the shenanigan of the locals, as offering some advise to those that need it.

I think it might be pretty interesting to see a Displaced of Ragtag from Static Shock. Maybe not as an old man, because suddenly aging several decades would be too much emotional turmoil by itself, but the existence of a guy with the ability to effectively rent out non-magic superpowers in a world like Equestria is a big enough deal to make Discord drool a river at the sheer potential for chaos alone.

I just thought of an idea. What if a person who plays a game with multiple custom character save files is displaced as once of them, but their enemies are their other creations?

For example,
A Person plays Xenoverse, gets displaced as one of their characters and then has to fight the others at different points.
(Could make it super challenging and have the main character displaced as a human now he has to fight sayains, frost demons, namekians etc)

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Oh damn, that would be a big hit to their mind. I mean they created those characters, became attatched, but now they have no choice but to kill them off.

Well they don’t have to kill them but some would probably be to self absorbed and thus stay an enemy leading to their death. So is it a good idea?

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Yea, mostly because of what I mentioned. It allows character growth, showing that MC is still human despite being a xenoverse character. I wouldn't say they'd be weak since xenoverse OC can use ANY move that exist in the game. However, their power will be limited depending on what attributes was used on what stats.

When's the next idea thread going up?

idea person is displace as Kyoya Ootori or Tamaki Suoh form Ouran highschool host club.

Now... here's an random idea that had been stuck in my head after playing a lot of of the game Hades. What if someone ended up as a Gorgon. Not the typical Gorgon, but one that's socially nervous around everyone that she meets, is a talking head, and is tasked with being the maid of Tartarus and to clean up every mess that happens within Tartarus. Put it all together and you get Maid Dusa.

Never did this before, but I thought I’d share a few story concepts that I tried and dropped after failing to do anything with it. If anyone wants them, take them.

1.) Warrior With no War.
The idea of this fic would have been to take a person in a Thor costume, buy a horse head mask from the merchant, and get whisked away to Equestria as Beta Ray Bill. The Herald of Thunder, as he would be called, would then raise the goddesses of the sun and the moon before something happened to make him disappear for a few millennia until the Mane Six time line would start up. Once he got to current Equestria he would have to grapple with trying to adjust to a time of peace where he wouldn’t have to question if every meal was poisoned or if someone would stab him in the back. This would result in him falling into a depression where he would have flashbacks of battles with monsters that would ultimately result in him leaving Equestria so he wouldn’t disrupt their peace with his PTSD flashbacks. Here’s some Dialogue I was originally going to use for that story.

“I am no God. I am simply a herald for the weather, much like how my daughters are heralds for the sun and the moon. We cannot command such powerful forces, we can only ask for their strength and beg for their assistance.

“I was once naive enough to believe that I controlled it, but I was never in control. I only managed to coerce the thunder to work with me, giving me the illusion of power. It was not until my epic fight with Grogar, the Demon King’s laky, that I realized how wrong I was.

“In a desperate move, I commanded the lightning to lay waste to all of the area, killing my foe with one hit. However, the weather did not obey for fear of killing off the wildlife. I tried to command it with all my might, and suffered greatly because of it. I would have fallen that day in an epic battle were it not for the help of my friends who fought alongside me.”

“I… It’s…. It’s complicated, young Sparkle. Before I was crowned the God of Thunder, I went by another title; I was the God of War, a monster that no creature alive could face in battle.

“And now, for the first time in millennia, I have no epic battle, no war, no enemy. I’m… I’m free from the shackles of battle, but in exchange I’ve become overwhelmed by all… This.” He said as he gestured towards the landscape.

“Peace that I had long forgotten. Even when raising my daughters, I could not allow myself any reprieve to fully enjoy what I had. There was always another village under siege, an enemy that had fallen from the stars, or a usurper who sought to take my power and control my daughters, to use my family as tools of war. Those fights… No, those were not fights, they were slaughters. No one who dared to harm my family lived long enough to completely regret it. I did not allow them to. But now, there is nothing. My daughters are safe, surrounded by legions of guards and blessed with the power and protection of the heavenly bodies. I feel… Irrelevant… What use does a world that has no battle have for me? What is a Herald of Thunder in a land where pegasi plan the weather themselves. What am I? ”

2.) Kite-Man’s Epic Friendship Quest!
This story would have followed a kite enthusiast being sent to Equestria as Kite Man. He’d end up meeting Starlight Glimmer a few weeks before she would meet Maud Pie and find the magical geode to steal Cutie marks and Kite Man would have talked her out of her whole Cutie mark cult plan. Chapters would have been as followed.

1. Hell Yeah. 2.What the Hell? 3. Who the Hell are you?! 4. Where the Hell is Equestria? 5. It’s one Hell of a story. 6. Aw, Hell No! 7. To Hell with this! 8. Who the hell are you? (Crossover) 9. Hell hath no fury. 10. One Hell of a ride. 11. Highway to Hell. 12. Hell if I know.13. I’ll see you in Hell! 14. The road to Hell is paved in Kites. 15. The the Hell just happened? 16. Aw Hell... 17. Hell to pay. 18. Hello, and Goodbye.

"Wha.. what about." God dammit! There has to be something I can say to convince her. Say something, ANYTHING! "What about the kites!" I blurted out. Starlight seemed to pause as my words echoed in the cave and I decided to continue my bullshit in the vain hopes that it could convince her to not do this. "The... The kites! All those fillies and colts who love to fly kites, the ones whose special talent may revolve around flying kites, what about them? Are you going to destroy their love of kites to do this? The Starlight Glimmer I know wouldn't build a utopia on the shattered corpses of kites and foalhood innocence. Stop while you can, Starlight, please. If not for the kites, if not for the colts and fillies, then can you stop this for me? Can you stop this for a friend?" I desperately pleaded with her.

3.) Shego and Blackhat.
The final story here is ironically the first story I came up with. It was going to follow two friends, a pegasister and a nerd, get sent to the Crystal Empire a few days before Princess Cadence or Shining Armor would arrive, allowing the two villains turned heroes to stop Sombra before either of the ponies could get there, cementing them as the rulers of the Crystal Empire. If I had continued this story then Blackhat would have gone through an arc of accepting the reality that he wouldn’t be able to go home and would learn to open himself up to the ponies of Equestria, eventually starting a romantic relationship with Pinkie Pie where he’d turn into the hero alter-ego of Blackhat, Whitehat.

Ideas
1) Main Character gets displaced as Shantae either around the time Luna & Celestia are fillies, during Discord's reign (before he was sealed in stone by Celestia and luna) or during any point of Seasons 1-3 to see how much Shantae will influence the Timeline from any of those times & see how Twilight will be influenced by Shantae's presence "pre-Alicorn" before she becomes an Alicorn.

2) Main Character is displaced as Ralph from "Wreck It Ralph" in Equestria Girls in an arcade cabinet.

3) Main Character is displaced as a Rotomdex (with a snarky personality) for Twilight to use in her Pokémon Journey across Equestria.

Respond to the Shantae idea: What kind of influence are you thinking of?

At best: Twilight is more likely to make friends easier than in canon.
At worst: Twilight gets more aggressive & takes matters into her own hooves when something bad happens.
Somewhere along that spectrum of influence.

You have a few examples?

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 192