The Chase Group 423 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Anybody notice Bloody Velvet's appearance in The Catch?

Rye turned to look at Bloody Velvet. Her pelt was a fiery orange and her mane and tail were a bright bloody red. She was twitching and the corner of her mouth kept jerking into a lopsided smile. She was distractingly beautiful.

Sound familiar?

How about now?

So... From Cerise Velvet, AKA, Bloody Velvet, we have Twilight Sparkle, who desends from her husband and the foals she already had... and another foal, from a father who I've not yet revealed (as the father) and it isn't Rye Mash.

Bloody Velvet is Twilight Sparkle's and Sunset Shimmer's great how ever many great grandmother.

With me so far?

This is IMPORTANT when it comes to the Chase, even though I might never explicitly say why.

But have a hint... Sunset Shimmer is descended from Star Swirl the Bearded.

Thanks Celestia you give us those inputs ´cause, slow as i am, i´ll need a couple of years to figure this out all by myself.

Actually, you should think ´bout making a tree with all the relationships between Chase and Catch. It would help a lot newcommers.

I'll speculate a little if I may.
It's always the scholar and the warrior. One from Sombra's line and one from Star Swirl's. Twilight is already the scholar to Bucky as the warrior. Maybe she's going to be the scholar to one of Bucky's foals who is going to be a knight like his or her father?

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Has more to do with the multi-generational curse and why Celestia was so certain about Sunset Shimmer being the Element of Magic.

See, curses are funny things. They don't care which side of the sheets you are born on. Once destiny pings you, things are bound to happen.

Sunset Shimmer will end up as Bucky's apprentice, as evidenced by the spoiler I posted earlier and the hilarious snippet of dialogue. She has a role to play in all of this.

Hmm. So the family lines don't deviate until after The Catch. Very interesting. And some evidence that Twilight was, in certain ways, a replacement Sunset after the first one failed. Good thing Celestia had a backup...

Genealogy projects are always fun. :pinkiecrazy:

Ah, ok.
:duck: "But didn't the princess realize that the magenta jewel that is the element of magic would look absolutely dreadful with Sunset Shimmer's coat and mane!?" :raritydespair: "Dreadful, I say!" :raritycry:
:ajsmug: "There, there, sugarcube. We'll get you Coco and then you'll fancy up Pinkie with yer new dresses."
:raritydespair: "But they are all in radiant shades of red! Red and pink, Applejack, red and pink!" :raritycry:
:ajbemused: "Ahw, darn."
:facehoof: "I'll get Coco, Berry and Bonnie."

Jokes aside, Celestia had a certain pool of possible candidates. I take it if Twilight hadn't been the one, she'd have gone to more into offense and track other descendants?

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Celestia, well... Spoilers!

Finally a new chapter, thank Celestia

Considering I like Sunset Shimmer waaaaaay more than I should, I am okay with this.

This site should help with the actual diagramming.

3724409 Well with the recent movie she is portrayed in a much better manner. Always thought of her as just 'meh, another villain' until watching that and seeing the change in her. Really seeing family trees would be interesting though there are so many others that could link in in hilarious ways. Would be interesting to see where Trixie fits in with it all as well.

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Okay, you remember when Sombra boned Clover the Clever?

Well, every single one of Clover's offspring have had wretched luck as a means of karmic rebalance.

:trixieshiftright: - Wait, what are you saying - :trixieshiftleft:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13