Write For Fun, Not Fame 1,243 members · 5,498 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Would people find it rude if you unfavored their story if you moved their story to a bookshelf? I have a lot of favorites but thanks to the book shelving system, it's more convenient for me to use this method to find stories than having to sift through everything.

MadMaxtheBlack
Group Contributor

3744054 If you're moving it to a bookshelf, it's technically the same thing as favoriting it. The Favorites is just a default bookshelf. If you want to avoid being rude, just don't give any of your public bookshelves offensive names (eg "Dropped because it turn horrible", "Stupid POS", etc).

I moved all my incomplete favourites to tracking. Since it's a hidden bookshelf, I guess no one even noticed. Now I favourite only completed stories.

>>No1Special Not at all! I actually was delighted when someone bookshelved my new story, and only in a day of it on the site! so, I think it actually compliments the author by saying, "I'd like this on a shelf. I want to own this because it's good."

I really dont think people would notice.

Well what I do is use Favorites to track stories for new chapters.

I found you can have the book in more then one bookshelf.

So what I have done or am doing at the moment is creating bookshelves and placing them into that shelf. While keeping them in the favorites as well. At least that is what I am doing.

I have a question for you, what is the purpose of the tracking bookshelf?

I wouldn't think so. Lol
I mean it's your choice to fav something anyway.
Besides... people should be happy their work even makes it to a book shelf. lol

3744153 That is exactly what I shall be doing. Also, the new shelves I will be making may have books unread by me, but go with the fics I have read.

I wonder if there is a limit on how many bookshelves you can make?

3744054 I tend to read a story once, decide whether or not to fave it, and move on.
I haven't bothered with the custom bookshelves, because in most cases I don't plan on reading them again.
I am still alerted when an incomplete stroy gets an update, and that is all that matters.
Two shelves: Read Later & Favorites.

Well. thanks for your opinions. I've decided to separate most of my faves into book shelves personally.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10