Sonata Dusk 1,429 members · 642 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26

When we were first introduced to the Dazzlings in the movie, we saw them consuming the negative emotions and calling it a snack, which has led me to believe that the Sirens did not need to eat food to survive, but instead literally ate those emotions for sustenance. That being said, we are also shown that they can and do eat other things (tacos), which then led me to assume that while they do not need to, they do eat common food recreatively.

So, now that they don't have their powers anymore, they'd need to adapt to having to eat constantly to survive.

Just a thought I had. :rainbowkiss:

I was curious about this for a while now. Where did you guys get the idea about Sonata like Tacos?

3704726 The movie :rainbowlaugh: She was so adorable in that scene :rainbowkiss:

Ohh... I'm kinda missed it because I want to watch the important part only. You know... the arguments.

I love to see the others around me fighting and I am going to sit down and enjoy the show.

Could be that they need to absorb emotions to charge their mind-control powers, rather than for sustenance.

So, they're like shinigami then?

3704732 I didn't see them eat a single thing during the whole movie other than negative emotions tho. Explain that, atheists!

That's a possibility, yes, but I'm putting out an alternate thing which is now canon for me. If you want we can 1v1 irl to prove who is right. Have at thee, coward!

>F4D3

:rainbowlaugh:

No idea what that is tho.

3704732 3704744 Actually Adagio explains that to be the case a few times throughout the movie. They require strong magic and humans don't have enough for them to really allow them to control others to the wide scale of what Sunset did for example in her demon form.

They need to suck the magical energy ala Tirek to further extend the potency and range of their influence through their songs of discord. For lack of a better word.

So... Yeah. I just figured one was to empower their pendents (which COULD double as a means to extend their lives as some myths have Sirens sucking the life force of others to restore their youth) while they still had to feast on basic nutrients since they are still flesh and blood.

And here's the creepy part. They have canines. Which means, they mostly eat meat. Though I guess you could call them omnivores now that they're humans. But their true forms released as spirits at the end shows they could work really well as succubi or what have you in Dark stories.

3704769 Awesome! Adding to my headcanon now. Please stand still while I steal from you...

3704753 I don't like Japanese cartoons. :rainbowkiss:

Bookish Delight
Group Admin

Ehhh, not necessarily. They could just be stuck being "ordinary teenagers" now. Robbed of their identity and the very thing which made them, well, worth anything and at all special (in their eyes). Just as crappy a fate, just on a mental level.

Or it could even be both if you're going for TEH MAXIMUM ANGST.

3704724 That kind of reminds me of Tyrael from Diablo III, who had a tendency to forget to eat since becoming mortal because he hasn't needed to eat before.

3704724 Twilight said that they were now just ordinary teenage girls so I'd say they do eat food.

3705236 I don't see it as angsty, just as a side that could be mentioned to add depth to the characters.

3706628 You missed my point tho.

3706643 ... logically?... Food fuels their bodies, negative emotions fuels their magic.

3706682 Still missing my point.

EDIT: Well, not really. I think you got my point. Thanks.

3706714 Oh man, headcanon so accepted. I'm seriously loving hanging out with you guys. So much headcanon to assimilate!

3707199 Go away, Gray. I'm trying to write a fic here.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26