Sonata Dusk 1,429 members · 642 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

I think the dazzlings themselves aren't evil, but the sirens contained within the jewels corrupted them, using them as vessels for their own evil. Which would mean they would now be free of their control and could be protagonists!! :pinkiehappy:

I think none of you are evil. Especially you, Sonata! :pinkiehappy: I even wrote a poem about you! :pinkiehappy: It's called "Sonata's Sonnet" and it's somewhere on my blog history. I think it's also on my user page.

You are the One, the Only, and the Best. (You should be the Doctor's companion. I'll introduce you to him, unless you've already met.)

3697345 I think they're not evil, per se, but they're not exactly good either. I mean, those gems they had were what gave them their powers, so those powers were acquired. That means they knew what they wanted and didn't outright care about what it entailed.

However, they never harmed anyone, not directly anyway. I think they are uncaring, but not evil. They're just, bluntly put, bullies. They cause harm to get what they want without caring about what happens to their victims afterwards.

There's a difference between being evil and being a bully, so no, they're not evil. They're just not very nice.

Still love them, tho. I love the villains all the time. :heart:

Tennis Match Fan
Group Contributor

3697345 My personal headcanon is that the Dazzlings were normal ponies in the current time, they found the necklaces, and were corrupted.

I feel bad because every Dazzling story I write is in a different AU timeline. :applejackunsure:

3697345 I thought the jewels were a part of them. I personally think they're evil, especially with their exchanges with each other. A part of me expected a possible Heel-Face turn from all three, Sonata especially. She just seems so innocent with her personality and cuteness :rainbowkiss:

I was disappointed in the end, but the fanfics here keep me satisfied with possible redemption stories. :moustache:Namely Sonata...

3697345 They aren't evil, they just made a bad decision

Nah--I think they're really the monstrous hippocampi we saw. Raising negative energy and then eating it sort of makes them psy vamps, too. Not telling you what to think--that's just what I think. But I'm not crazy about "alas, poor Queen Chrysalis," either.

3697345 mnd if i take this idea and run with it?

I'm currently working on some headcanon theories where they sort of turned to evil for one reason or another. I dunno, the idea of an entire species, even if there's only a few of them (assuming Starswirl intended to stop ALL the Sirens, and we only see these three...), being entirely evil by nature seems kinda... racist. :twilightoops:

Also, I just flat out refuse to believe Sonata is evil, at least entirely. To the point where every time I read a Wiki/Tvtropes entry or internet comment saying otherwise, all I can think is-

And yet somehow I've never given this much slack towards changelings.:derpyderp2:While I don't doubt the possibility of there being GOOD changelings, I'm not as compelled to see them as I am what exactly makes the Sirens tick (well, aside from absorbing negative energy and relying on autotune jewels for power)

(in Zim's voice) YOU'RE LYING!!! :flutterrage::rainbowwild:
Although I would like to see them at some point in the next installment of the EGverse (whether that be a movie or the rumored Equestria Academy series), just to see what they're up to, how they survive without bending the world to their whim, see if they're desperate enough to try and gain power once more somehow... there's lots of potential here, even without any heel face turns (as much as I'd like to see one from at least OUR favorite siren.:twilightsmile:)

Bookish Delight
Group Admin

3697404 hit it the closest. See, there's this easy-to-miss concept called "well-rounded characters."

Well-rounded characters can have the capacity for niceness while still doing and believing in things we would consider "evil." And vice versa as well.

You really don't have to toss Sonata (or all the Dazzlings, for that matter) into one box or the other. Just sayin'. :twilightsmile:

The only evil Dazzling is that brat, Aria Blaze. Sonata is just a quirky little girl and Adagio was only trying to lead them their way. Aria acts like a complete jerk and shows neither Adagio nor Sonata some respect.

FUCK YOU, ARIA BLAZE!!! :twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2: :flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

My thoughts exactly.

3697345 I guess it depends on how you define evil? Shakespeare once said that something is only good or evil if you think about it and there are times (not often) that I feel that the only reason something is considered good or bad is based only on how many people agree to it and in a way makes it arbitrary and meaningless. But are the Dazzlings evil? I say yes and no, and I don't think those jewels made them do anything they didn't want to do already just like how I believe that their powers didn't make anyone in the movie hostile for no reason. That it only brought out whatever angry, jealous or other negative feeling they already had against each other out in the open. Their motives were just to be more powerful and adored and that by itself isn't bad, but the way they did it was not good either. You can argue that they were just following their nature as Sirens, just like a lion hunting for prey is not evil or how humans kill pigs, cows and chickens for food isn't bad.

Thanks for the input everyone. I formed a new idea, tell me what you think. The dazzlings and the sirens are the same, yet not. Cause even though the dazzlings are the alternate universe counterparts of the sirens, sirens don't exist in this universe, meaning they wouldn't have the desire to be truly evil until corrupted by the real sirens, for they would have no need to. Even after the sirens were destroyed, the dazzlings still tried to use the powers given to them, but realized they no longer possessed them. They long for this power that actually controlled them. To make a long story short, they became addicted to this power and over time they could recover and return to normal, or become even better

3697502 go right ahead, I'm interested to see where you take it:twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18