Block Breakers 243 members · 75 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28
PiercingSight
Group Admin

Doesn't matter what kind of idea. It doesn't even have to be for a story. Throw it out here, give it a home, and maybe it'll start to grow big and strong. :rainbowkiss:

3532147 Wall-A transported to Equestria.

3532147 "Now let's check the undercarriage," said the announcer as he held the snail in his grasp.

>someone has got to use that line in their story<

Now let's check the undercarriage," said the announcer as he held the snail in his grasp.

(Sounds like it was from a movie :rainbowwild:)

Equestria mashed with a fantasy-like touch (Elves, dwarfs, golems, etc etc). But, a revolt happens leaving the ponies against the other creatures. They fight, but the rest is up to you! :rainbowkiss:
Do the others live, or with they perish? Will this end peacefully?
(There, a story idea! Have fun with it.)

PiercingSight
Group Admin

Some ideas:
- Luna invades others' dreams... not help help mind you, but simply to spy on what they dream about... :trollestia:
- Twilight accidentally casts a spell that removes her horn and leaves her mute...
- Spike sacrifices his life to protect Rarity...
- [Comedy]Rainbow Dash comes out of the closet and tells every pony she's straight. Le gasp!
- Angel Bunny dies...

A new creativity challenge idea! That seems eerily like the one word challenge... Behold! I give you...:

The One Sentence Wonder!

The point to this challenge is to make a sentence as long as you can, introducing characters, plot events, etc., with only a max of TEN commas available at your leisure. Then, write a story about it. :rainbowkiss:

The last pegasus.

3622215 I may just write that. Someday.

Things that just popped in my head:
I can fly! I can...not fly. Darn it, Rainbow Dash!
Why am I purple?
Why does everypony think I love meatballs?!

PiercingSight
Group Admin

So like, an entire story in just one (giant run-on) sentence? That'd be awesome! Anyone want to add to this? I'll be adding it as a Creativity Exercise soon! :pinkiesmile:

Creative Exercise ideas:

Random Rant/Ramble - Write a rant about something random. Turn it into a ramble. That helps me write for some reason.

Conversation On Paper - Write down a conversation you have with yourself. The entire thing. Don't skip anything.

Summary Starter - Write a story idea. The next person writes a short story about that idea, and writes the next one for someone else, and so on.

Found Poem - Find some small piece of writing you like, and turn it into a poem!

Detail Game - Add one detail that makes a character unique until the thread has created a character! Then, everyone can write a short story about the character. :twilightsmile:

PiercingSight
Group Admin

Wow, these are some great ideas. I might just combine all of the creativity exercise ideas into one thead except the ones that need their own thread (like the Summary Starter/story chain, and the Detail Game).

I'll chew on these and a good way to present them to the group. Thanks! :twilightsmile:

Story Idea: A magical professor at the School for Gifted Unicorns in Canterlot (or, for bonus points, you could instead tread into new territory and make a School for Gifted Earth Ponies in Manehatten on a School for Gifted Pegasi in Cloudsdale) starts his first year working with students. The only problem? He got the special bunch, the bunch that barely made it by the seeds of their pants. They (the students) are very disruptive, don't know a lot of things except for their talent, and are all- in- all complete douches. This is a story of said professor trying to get through his first year with the special bunch.

3532147 A monstrous-appearing...thing...you make up appears in Equestria, how do the ponies react?

Not gonna lie, used the last one. Here
Thanks

I had a dream awhile back. it was so realistic and epic. would be great for an HiE fic

This is copied from my blog post.

it was so realistic that i had to write ( Or Type ) it down as soon as i woke up.

Anywhorse.

Heres what i typed down.

and yes... my grammar is bad sorry

I'm in the middle of chaos. A battle between ponies and what appears to be fanged shadow beasts
i dodge an incoming strike only to see it go right through the pony standing next to me.
i quickly drive my enchanted sword into the beast in front.
it screams as it turns into dust which blows away in an unforeseen wind.
glancing around at my surroundings i notice that on one side there is a rocky hill and on the other a dense forest that all the shadow beasts had been pouring out of.
we are fighting on what appears to be a field of sand that sits between the two.
I hear a faint cry and turn to see that a fellow warrior was still clinging to life.
Something was off though. Werent there shadow beasts all around us a second ago?
not letting the chance go to waste i carried the injured pony to the back line where the medics were.
A massive shout could be feltas the ponies cheered at the sight of the fleeing shadow beasts.
As i neared a medic wagon i noticed a light yellow pegasus that iv never seen before.
she was caring for the injured and comforting them.
As i walked up carrying my fellow comrade she immediately flew over and started treating him.
small trails of tears rolling off her beautiful face.
of course my train of thinking was completely derailed as a massive Roar shook the forest from beyond.
it was then that i saw what i could only describe as a nightmare.
a huge beast... no... a giant Manticore.
it was different than any iv ever seen standing at about 100 ponies tall.
Blood red coat with fangs bigger than a pony laced with venom that singed the ground as it fell from the beasts jaws
All watched in horror as it ran with such speed and started devouring ponies left and right.
none stood a chance against such a monster.
a feeling of dread took root in my soul as i watched it devour even more of my comrades.
screams of pain and fear filled the air.

"RETREAT!" our commanding officer shouted.
so much bloodshed...
it was chaos...
if only one of the princesses were here...

it was too late though. The beast had us cornered up against the rocky hills
it would be a fight to the death as we would never leave our wounded to suffer such a horrible fate at the jaws of such
an Abomination.
I picked up my sword and started walking forward.
if i was going to die it would be with honor.
i was not afraid anymore.
This was for the land i loved...
This was for Equestria!

I woke up shortly afterwards. right at the time i was about to face the monster.

dreams i have dont make much sense so its rare to have ones that are like this :D

:yay:

A collab where every sentence is written by a different author!

We get a bunch of authors together, then we go around in a circle and everyone adds one sentence to the story. Then one of the authors can publish it as long as they give credit to everyone who was involved.

I'm not really sure what I'm typing.
RANDOM IDEAS:
- The adventures of a motley crew of 17 drunken pirate ponies who travel around Equestria
- Other livestock invade the land (why just ponies?)
- Equestria is just a bunch of copied snow globes, and its fate is given to whichever humans buy them. Each chapter could have a different owner/catastrophe/whatever
- A pony whose words are always literal. Ie, *name of pony* is in a pickle, then said character is encompassed by an enormous pickle
- What if Discord was a female?!
:I
~Wywint

The Elements of Harmony become corrupted by the seven capital sins and each one of them has a great time while it happens, but when they realize what they've become it affects them differently: some embrace their new corruption while others try to revert it.

It's pretty neat. I may do this one.

3680594 Seems legit enough. Go for it!
~Wywint

Here's a thread I've just posted to the "The Accusation Fic Collection" group. The idea is a bit cliched, yes, but it's from an angle that I've yet to see.

Random ideas that I've toyed with:

-Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are street urchins in a version of Cloudsdale oddly reminiscent of Rotterdam from Ender's Shadow.
-Twi and the gang make a robot. The robot acts like a pony, while everypony else acts like robots.
-Sweetie Belle is actually a very incompetent angel. Nopony is surprised.
-The Mane Six switch bodies with their respective pets.
-A collab between two authors where they take turns adding a single word to the story at a time.
-Everypony in the MLP universe is actually a zombie. A living pony enters the universe and everyone flips out.
-MLP/Katamari crossover.
-A pony gains the ability to make everypony and anypony around them break into random musical numbers.
-Diamond Tiara sends her spoiled daughter to live with the CMC and their children.
-MLP/Ghostbusters crossover with recurring Ghost Nappa cameos.

Feel free to take these sportsballs and make sure they don't leave your possession until you are past the sport line.

3532147 Here are some ideas!

Bwahahaha! I went there!

Ooh! Idea!
An Earth teenager who is totally anti-brony somehow gets transported to Equestria, where he becomes a black and red alicorn with a giant sword. He immediately meets the mane 6, has to explain his planet to them (as if they haven't heard it in the other million crossover and/or HiE stories), he lives with one of the ponies, then proceeds to fall in love with said pony. They then fight off some evil foe that is also transported to Equestria from Earth, he beats the foe, then gets to go back home and becomes a brony because the whole time he was learning the magic of friendship and became the seventh Element of Harmony.

Yeah I got nothing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28