Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31

wow... I really need to get back on top of this...

Prompt: Ruins
Theme: Hope
Challenge (+1 point): have more than one charachter
Genre: Any
Rating: Everyone or Teen.
Length: 10-100 words
Deadline: 15th of February
Prizes: Featured on group

10-100?
That's more of a short poem than a story. :applejackconfused:

4070924 that's because its flash fiction :raritywink:

Well, this will be challenging if nothing else.

Well. Including a second character indeed deserves additional recognition. Good grief.

I get that it's flash fiction, but I think 100 words might be too short. Perhaps 200 or so would work better? It's still not that long, but it at least gets us past five paragraphs (give or take).

I cut this down to 95 words according to my count.

Twilight Sparkle and Spike were once again looking at the remains of where Ponyville's library once was. It was a daily event for them to pass by the recent ruins. Although they gained a new residence, they still grieved over the loss of their old home.

"...Hey Twi'?"

"Yes, Spike?"

"Do you think Owlowiscious will come back?"

"I hope so, Spike. I miss him already. Don't you?"

"Yeah. I wonder where he is now..."

"Who?"

"You know, Owlowiscious."

"Who?"

" Owlowiscious."

"Who?"

"I told you already! Owlow-"

" Owlowiscious! You're back! Spike, look up!"

"...Wise guy."

"Hoo!"

There was a garage sale in the neighbourhood. One of the items they sold were foal’s clothes, second-hand. There was a notice on it that read:

For sale.

Never used.

Might return to reclaim them.

A classic but a good one.

Title: Rainbow Castle
Word Count: 99

The castle teetered, defiant a thousand feet above it's inevitable grave. It clung to it’s friend in the morning sunrise.

The sun reached out to to the home of her old friend. It whispered small words of encouragement as it's magic reached out to stabilize the outcropping one more day. But simple wishes and faded magic could not save the castle from the cold wounds left by the moon.

A statue to a forgotten god fell to the ground far below, shattering into dust and flecks of power.

The sun caressed the castle with a rainbow as fountains wept.

Why do almost all my stories for this group seem to be sad :applecry:
Least I had one extremely happy one.

4070794 Here's my entry:

Ruins

This was it. The final beacon of civilization, Canterlot, and it was nothing but rubble. There was nothing left to fool myself with anymore. It was time to face it. I was the only living being in whole of Equestria.

"Hello, stranger," said a voice from behind me.

"Dusk, what do you think you're doing? Your dad specifically said that we weren't allowed to go into the Everfree forest!"

"He also told me that this is where Auntie Twilight defeated Nightmare Moon. There's supposed to be a huge ruined castle somewhere in here that Princess Celestia and Princess Luna used to live in. That's where it all happened."

"You're also not to wander off. Aren't you still grounded after Manehattan?"

"Dad called it 'probation.' Besides, I'm not alone, Cacophony. You're with me, aren't you?"

“Fine. I heard there’s a zebra living there, so it can’t be all bad.”

4070794 Exactly 100 words:

Nothing.

That’s all there is.

As I stare at the moon I remember her smile, her laugh, everything about her. Icy cold tears slide down my cheeks at that. Half a millennium gone, half left to endure.

Alone.

Behind me, I hear a guard’s voice, “Princess, are you alright?”

Brushing away my tears, I turn, my usual smile upon my lips. “Yes, Lieutenant, everything is fine.”

Once he is gone, I drop my mask. For everything isn’t fine. Not here in the ruins of my heart. A millennium alone, but I will survive. For her.

For my beloved little sister.

4071033 4071538 4071991 4071396 4072094 4072703 It's a shame that this contest never made it as far as judging. For what it's worth, of the entries listed here, had this been an open-voting contest, my own vote would have gone to Bad Dragon's simple but effective tale. I stress of course that this is completely unofficial, but it's something. :twilightsmile:

4070794 OP, can you please pass the judgement. You're keeping us on the edge of our seats. How long must we wait?

4316773 Thank you. :heart:

I'll take completely unofficial over never getting a verdict at all. :eeyup:

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4317123 Um, about that. Terein actually lost interest in the fandom recently, so he never judged this. I apologize for everyone who entered and was left hanging. I'll try and judge it, but I'd say Loganberry's thoughts are just as valid as anyone else's here.

4317255 Perhaps you and 4316773 should judge this contest together.

And while you're at it, could I, perhaps, also bother you to judge Contest 17. I really want to know who the winner is. The anticipation is eating me alive.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

Perhaps you and Loganberry should judge this contest together.

Maybe. I actually am tempted to ask him if he wants to be a contributor, as he seems to be good at judging. I'll look into contest 17 as well, while I'm at it. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

4317279 Hmm, I don't know. I don't think I could really commit to being a full-time judge, so to speak, as I have too many other commitments and in any case might want to enter some contests myself! Plus if the former requirement for judging within a day or two is maintained, that might be too much to ask.

But if there's a flash fic contest like this one, say, and I don't enter it, then I could probably help out if you simply wanted someone to give their opinion. On an ad hoc basis, I mean. Obviously, if there's someone else out there who's better suited, then go for it. I'm happy either way. :twilightsmile:

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4317665 Sure. If you'd be willing when one rolled around, I'd enjoy hearing your opinion. Thanks for the swift reply, by the way. :pinkiesmile:

4317710 Then I'd be glad to help out from time to time. As I say, I can't give any actual promises, but if I'm around (and haven't entered!) then I'd be more than willing.

I'm sorry , I'll try and get this done.
I may be back to run run this eventually, I'm not sure if I've really lost interest in this fandom or if I just need a break.
anyway, I'll try and have the scores up by thursday

4320777 Yey! You're back! :heart:

I'm looking forward to your judgement of Contest 17 and Contest 18.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4320777 Hey! :pinkiehappy: I'm glad you're back, even if it's only going to be for a little bit. :raritywink:

4320777 Thank you! :pinkiehappy: And it's good to see you around here again, even if it's not for long.

Actually, contest #16 (the "Spark" prompt) was never officially judged, either... but no pressure. I don't want to start pestering you, so if you felt like looking at that one too, that would be great, but don't push yourself. :twilightsmile:

4070962 4071026 4071033 4071396 4071523 4071991 4072094 4072703 4316773 4317279
And the winners are
1st place: 2006midnight
2nd place: Piquo Pie
3rd place: Bad Dragon

4328941 Me???? Seriously? How...???

4328941 Congratulations to everyone, and 2006midnight in particular! :pinkiehappy:

4328941 You guys are awesome! Congrats! :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31