The Clop Workshop 427 members · 691 stories
Comments ( 42 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 42

This is a Clop Workshop right? Well a big problem I've encountered with writing clop is my own naivety. I have the scenes in my head but not all the words I need to do them justice. For instance, one block in the fic I'm writing at the moment is coming up with more ways than one to describe a sultry look (bedroom eyes), I know a lot of words but having never written anything particularly racy before, my sexy vocab is quite sparse. So with that in mind, I believe we should bang our collective heads together and create what I like to call the Great Clop Dictionary. In which we list every single word we know relating to clop, complete with definitions. Then when the thread has run it's course, I'll compile everything into a big gdoc for us all to use.

Every position, every adjective, pronoun, verb, body part, sound, smell. Everything.

So... What d'you think?

The Dicktionary, amirite

Comment posted by The Fox In A Box deleted Oct 24th, 2013

So can I put you two down as contributors then? 2020815>>2020829

Mr Afro Pony
Group Admin

Count me in as well.

Actually I just wanted to make a shitty pun, but I guess I can offer suggestions if needed. I doubt I'd be able to dedicate a lot of my time to this project, however. Sorry.

I'd be interested, though I doubt I'd be that helpful.

< I say we leave all our Ideas in Sweetibelle then we'll have a Complete Dictionary.

2021085>>2020951>>2020829>>2020815

all puns intended

It can be a disastrous 'boner killer' when a good scene in a clop fic is described poorly, and I would be glad to make a compendium of general knowledge to help describe the art of passionate love making, if for no other reason than because it sounds fun. :pinkiehappy:

Cool, I'm busy tomorrow, I want to get some of my stuff for Uni out of the way first but I'll start putting together a plan on Saturday. So as of now the confirmed contributors are:

Myself.
Afro Pony
Etharian
Tomsketchit

Just comment if you want me to add you to the list.
I think we should get at least 10 people doing this.

2021208>>2021176>>2021163>>2021160>>2021085>>2020815

2021316 Why not? I joined this group more to teach than to learn.

I can help finalize definitions, but as for contributing new words... I don't have much there.

Since I'm currently working on my own clopfic, this would be so damn helpful. I approve!

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

2020741 2022618
Does this include puns and euphemisms? :rainbowhuh:
I can think of a few...
spear, sword, broadsword, crossbow, revolver, hidden dragon, little gardener, fire-hose.

Eh, not so great. It really depends on context. :pinkiesick:

Awesome!
Can't wait!

2025984 I think we'll leave those ones for scenes between Royal Guards.

You're not far off the mark though. Rather than saying just saying penis, cock or dick repeatedly, include things like shaft, rod, or pole. Euphemisms are fine and frankly the more words the better. I want to cover a whole spectrum, all the way from "making love" to a "Casual Dicking" (even if the latter should never appear in an clopfic ever IMO). This is just the info dump stage, refining comes later.

Take the word knob for instance. Means both a way to open and a door and a bloke's John Thomas. Even if for example, "X sucked Y's knob" isn't particularly sexy, and as a British Gent I only ever use the word knob as an insult, it's still worth noting it down. We can't have a compendium if we aren't comprehensive. At this stage I'm looking for quantity, the quality can come at a later stage.

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

Ooh, now we're talking! Perhaps we can have a 'genre' tag of sorts for each word/usage. Like you said, tags for 'making love' to 'casual' to even outright 'comedy.'

Plus colloquial expressions and innuendo.

2026595 Like I said, I'll be setting up a bit of groundwork for us to use. Tomorrow. Tonight I'm trying to finish some stuff so yeah, everyone start brainstorming.

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

Yeah, go ahead and add me as a contributer. I may not be a clopper, but a lot of clop on this site needs... this. :pinkiesick:

2020815>>2021085>>2021615>>2026654>>2026481>>2026014>>2021719>>2021163

I am still working on how best to layout the dictionary. However it was my Birthday this past week, I've been a bit distracted getting drunk and playing Pokémon X, so I'm not done yet. My sincerest apologies.

2038413 Dude, you don't apologize for Pokemon.

Take your time. I'm in no rush.

2040074>>2039233>>2038614>>2038508>>2026654>>2026014>>2021448>>2021208>>2021085

Okay I think I've linked everyone. (This site really needs a reply to all button for threads.)

So I've decided the way the Clop Dictionary is going to work, for now at least. Please note that I realise that what I am about to define fall more under the category of a textbook than a dictionary, but I really like that name.

The Dictionary shall be split into volumes (though all contained in the same .gdoc) that shall cover all areas of sex. So as you can imagine information relating to foreplay goes before sex which is followed by climax etcetera etcetera.

The volumes shall be split into sections, so for example the volume on the actual act of sex will be split into the likes of parts involved, sensations, actions, positions and popular fetishes. How comprehensive we are is entirely up to debate, personally I don't like the idea of there being a section on foalcon, instead I think that the more taboo subjects (foalcon, incest e.t.c.) whilst seemingly popular with some members of the clopper community shouldn't be directly addressed. If someone's into that kind of thing they probably have some idea why and there is no reason why they can't adapt the Dictionary for their purposes. Bondage on the other hand should be explained. Even I sometimes have difficulty understanding exactly why pain can become pleasure to some.

First of all, before any sexings™ can begin, I think it's important that authors become accustomed to both the human and equine bodies. Ranging from the various races and both males and females. We're trying to focus more on the ponies here but some people like writing anthro or humanized so whatever. Obviously when it comes to fictional ponies the anatomy seems to fit the author's mood. Still, knowing where things are on a body is something any author should know.

Then moving onto sexuality. Horses for instance, form herds, a popular theme for harem-style fics, and the skewed ratio of males to females means most fics are lesbian couples, just because there is more variety available from the cast. Different ways of tackling pony sexuality is one thing an author has to consider.

Then we move onto the fun stuff, and coincidentally the actual dictionary part of the dictionary.

In each section words of a similar meaning will be grouped together much like a thesaurus with their individual meanings located underneath. Alphabetically of course.

So for example, this would probably be under the section on anatomy I mentioned previously (Oh and do try to put both the UK and US spelling where applicable.)

I decided to start with this for no other reason than I'm an immature guy who gets a giggle from looking up rude words in a dictionary. And I know more words.

Male>Lower body:
Penis: Male reproductive organ, used in sexual reproduction.
For Humans: Whilst determined by a lot of factors, the accepted average length of a human penis is around 6 inches and an average girth of 5 inches. It is generally smooth, may or may not have a foreskin which retracts from the head of the penis during arousal and has a high collection of nerve endings in the tip which results in it being highly sensitive.
For Equines (Ponies): (No canon material exists, but if foals do then so must sex and therefore sex organs). Using real life horses as the basis we can assume that an erect Pony's penis extends between a third and halfway across the barrel (that's the stomach area.) Taking Celestia to be the size of real horse, so half a head taller than the average human female, puts her at about 6ft. Twilight barely goes over Celestia's shoulder, say 4ft high. Shining Armor and McIntosh are the intermediate. This puts a Pony Stallion at around 5ft~ish. That puts their bodies at around 4ft long and their penises at around 1.3-2ft long and an average girth of around 1ft, or a width of 3 inches
Accepted Synonyms
Shaft, Dick, Member, Phallus, Rod, Prick, Package.
Euphemisms (Synonyms that are used more funny than erotic:
John Thomas, Trouser Snake, Joystick, Dong, Knob.

Opinions???

Also all math was done purely in my head with rounded numbers, if you want to check and get an exact figure that's fine.

That all looks good. (Nice touch on the math, by the way.) One place for some more (semi-joking) synonyms would be the 50 shades generator. Just in case you wanted more.

2066317 Would this be the kind of format you are looking for?

Sexual Act: Frottage.
Alternatives: Frot, Frotting, Frotted
Male sexual act that involves the rubbing on ones penis against another object for the purpose of sexual gratification. While technically applies to any situation involving one male, the term is commonly used to refer to two or more males rubbing penises against each other, thus has inherent connotations with gay and homosexual themed works. May also be referred to as Dry Humping or outercourse. Frottage does not involve any form of penetration.

For female equivalent, see 'Tribadism.'

As this is going to be a G-doc's, rather than posted directly here, can we provide links to reference pictures? Not embeds, but links.

Pretty much yeah, that would be included under a section the likes of:

Sex>Non-penetrative>Male

Also, whilst frotting doesn't have much in the way of synonyms, Tribadism would also include mention to scissoring and the like.

Yes, we can also include links since it's a gdoc. However, we can also include some pictures, for instance that very nice, labelled diagram of a pony's anatomy I saw. I don't feel like we can go sticking NSFW pictures straight into the thing but links are fine.

Woo! Good to here this is getting under way.

I'm happy to see that this is being made and look forward to seeing the completed Dictionary.

This plan pleases me and Rainbow Dash

We look forward to seeing the document.

So whats the status on the Clop Dictionary?

2343913 Well Im currently putting all work on hold for a few weeks because of encroaching deadlines at Uni. However those involved can feel free to begin writing some of it in the thread if they so desire.

why is it that when ever someone tries to figure out the height of the ponies no on thinks about this

assuming the cow is the same size as a real cow, which stands at a height of between 4.5-5 ft with an upper max of 6 ft...
based on this picture applejack is at best just over 3 ft tall.:twilightsheepish:

Been a few months since any word of an update to this has been added. So I thought I'd ping the thread again for those who are still looking forward to it.

I sure know I'm curious on how things are going. :derpyderp1:

3132282 I believe my idea has been spearheaded somewhat. I'm too busy with my studies to put the time into I'd like.

http://www.fimfiction.net/group/12/clopfics/thread/81286/the-erotic-thesaurus

This isn't as detailed as I intended the clop dictionary to be. However, I think people have misread the brief somewhat. The idea is that entries would be written by people in this thread, myself included, then I'll organize and compile it. I'm not writing the whole damn thing myself. I have shit to do. :twilightblush:

Yeah, I thought a bunch of people were helping you on some gdoc somewhere. Sorry it didn't work out, but at least everyone knows now.

Plus, the link leads to something useful for anyone else viewing.

Thank you for posting that link. I saved it somewhere before, but couldn't find it when I needed it for a scene where Twilight teaches clop to Sweetie Belle.

I hope your dictionary happens also. I want it. I need it!

I've started writing a dictionary myself, but only managed to write 3 useful things. :facehoof:
Zentai (from the Japanese ゼンタイ) is a term for skin-tight garments that cover the entire body.
rimming - Sexual oral stimulation of the anus
Gaping - A mare orally stimulating a stallion with her mouth wide open.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 42