Anti-Depression Ponies 1,887 members · 2,434 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

For those who don't know, and I'm sure Harry Potter fans and the Brits already know about this, but for the others who are now just hearing about it. Alan Rickman, the man who did a memorable and fantastic job in all of his roles in film has recently passed away at age 69 due to cancer. It's always a very sad time when a famous celebrity or anybody really dies of a disease or natural causes. For those who don't know Alan Rickman, he played Snape in the Harry Potter films and was the main antagonist in the first Die Hard film.

Although I haven't read many of the books, I have seen the Harry Potter films and have watched a few of Rickman's films such as Die Hard. But we shall not let this recent loss bring us down! We must celebrate his life, his legacy! In his honor.

Rest in peace, Alan Rickman.
(February 24th, 1942 - January 14, 2016)

May God rest his soul.

Such a talented actor, was very sad hearing him pass away. :fluttercry:

One of my co-workers was talking about a Sci-Fi con in Boston this weekend, and how she expects folks to be pulling out their Snape robes for cosplaying in honor of him...

Thinking about it, I have to hope that in addition to Snape, which would be easy and predictable, a few folks honor Rickman by cosplaying the Sheriff of Nottingham, the Metatron, Marvin the Android...

It's rather strange though. Bowie and Rickman within a week of each other, both at 69, both from cancer. Not trying to disrespect in any way, but that's honestly what I consider the oddest part of this.

4981610 he was Severus Snape in Harry Potter film wasn't he...
damn I liked his portrayal of Snape...

RIP Mr Rickman...

SirRage
Group Admin

There is a time and place for this discussion, and this is neither the time or place. Please show a little more restraint next time.

4982181 Wow, who pissed in your coffee? That's not cool dude. Why don't you take your disrespect somewhere else where it's tolerated.

4982181 I'll be honest, this is probably the first and only time I'll ever dislike because of how disrespectful you are right now. Bring that somewhere else where it's tolerable :ajbemused:

4982213 I know what she's trying to do, she's trying to get a rise out of this shit and now she probably thinks she's the shit because she made a "clever" remark by using a lame ass video. Little does she know she just made herself the biggest prick in the forum, so jokes on her.

4982119 They say celebrities die in threes. So who knows, another fellow could pass on. God forbid that be the case.

4982222 I do not feel so great disliking something... even if they deserve it :derpytongue2: But yeah I agree with you tenfold :eeyup:

Well... you certainly in for a surprise:twilightsmile:

Haha, this is awesome

Best Alan Rickman moment.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18