Science! in Equestria 508 members · 543 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

So, two pony scientist names. I can just say Rose for Rosen, but Einstein? I can't for the life of me think of one.

Eins Steine, AKA One Rock? Distant relative of the Pie's, perhaps? :derpytongue2:

Could always go with just Stein; it is a large earthenware mug. Could be One Stein, Beer Stein, ect.

I've wondered about this, too. Same with the "Boltzmann" in "Boltzmann Brain."
How about "Einsteed-Rose"?

I prefer "One Stone" as the translation - thus, perhaps a "Stone-Rose Bridge".

The usual trick there is the man/mare pun; "Boltzmare Brain" works pretty well.

Hmm, seem to have some good ideas. In the meantime I just said 'wormhole' in my fic. When my main character has to explain it scientifically, I'll most likely use the Einsteed-Rose bridge. That is simple, yet punny. Stone-Rose bridge was good, but the pun isn't obvious enough I feel.

Yeah, the usualness of that is exactly why I didn't want to do it.

I usually call him "Gedankenexperiment," but that doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. :twilightsheepish:

Maybe your could do a pun in german, as Einstein is german for "One Stone" or "A Stone", just written without a spacing and capital S.
Einpferd-Roses (One Horse, A Horse)
Einponie-Roses (One Pony, A Pony)
Einhorn-Roses (One Horn, A Horn, and also the german word for Unicorn)
Einflügel-Roses (One Wing, A Wing, maybe the pony version of Einstein was a crippled Pegasus that jumped into science due to his disability :P)
Einhuf-Roses (One Hoof, A Hoof... okay, an earth pony with only one hoof would be cruel XD)

Just by the sound of hearing it i personally would take Einponie-Roses.
If you want to know if other words would work as a pun in german, just ask, i dont mind helping out with a bit translating or help searching for german words.

"Eins Stein" would be wrong, Eins is the written name of the number 1. "Ein Stein" would be correct, and literally means "One Stone" or "A Stone".

To be fair, I never claimed to be good at German.

5124706 I never did assume that, i mearly corrected a small mistake and provided some infos. It was never meant as an insult or anything negative, im sorry if did look like that. But hey maybe in some future situation youll remeber such a small trivia and go "Haha!" on someone who doesnt, who knows? :derpytongue2:

Yeah, that joke requires some build-up to be properly received; it's not an easy connection to make. Likely a back-and-forth between someone asking about it which leads into a discussion of the history. Even then, you might need to drop other hints for people to make the connection between "One Stone" and Einstein.

5123880 I've heard him as "Einstallion" before, but that doesn't quite sit well with me, due to relying too much on horse puns.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13