Twist! 267 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Okay okay okay look I know that speculating on the parentage of any character is a dangerous game. It relies on a fallacious assumption that children and their parents are universally similar in appearance, behaviour, or any number of other traits, which is of course not true.

But it's just so darn fun to speculate, so forget what I just said because I'm doing it anyway. This guy!

This is Parcel Post (or 'Post Haste', if you want to use his fan name). He first appeared in the season 2 episode "The Last Roundup" as the mailpony who gets treated very rudely by the future Princess of Friendship. He (or somepony who looks like him) later appears as a beekeeper in the season 4 episode "Castle Mane-ia", and his most recent appearance was in the season 5 episode "Make New Friends But Keep Discord". And that last appearance is why I'm bringing this up now.

Because he has a lisp! In fact, he has a weird feminine voice all round, really, which is strange because in past appearances he's had a perfectly normal unimpaired male voice. But once I noticed the lisp, I began noticing other things too.

- Earth pony
- Similar curly mane and tail to Twist
- Heart motif in cutie mark
- Lanky legs (supposedly Twist has this too, although I've never been able to notice it)
- Why would a mailpony also be a beekeeper? I guess maybe he has a sweet tooth.

So I have no problem making him Twist's headcanon dad, because I like this guy. He seems really dedicated, in spite of the fact that both times he's appeared as a mailpony, he's been treated pretty badly just for trying to do his job.

Also, he's adorable. Like Twist.

4401465 Maybe he is, and maybe he isn't. He has that curly mane and tail that Twist has, so they could potentially be related.

4401465 I accept this headcanon, its better then the whole, Lyra/Bon Bon is her mother thing, this I accept.

Interesting. Could he perhaps be a single father, too? If he had to take up multiple jobs, it could be because he's the only parent. Then you can consider his dedication to his work, perhaps not wanting to get fired for said reason.
Previous headcanon would be that twist's family owned a candy shop, but even then, they could just be a regular family that makes candy as a hobby or side-deal. If Twist made candy for work, you'd think she would have gotten her cutie mark sooner.

4401490 I always thought that Bon Bon as Twist's aunt made more sense. Bon Bon doesn't seem quite close enough to be related to Twist in anything other than cutie mark, and her wearing Twist's nerd glasses as a filly.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I checked who voiced the mailpony in that episode, and it was Ashleigh Ball! Listen again, and you can kinda hear it.

Does Discord's laugh sound like Tigger to anypony else?

--Sweetie Belle

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Lanky legs (supposedly Twist has this too, although I've never been able to notice it)

Check out Twist in this shot and compare her to the other fillies:

They're definitely narrower, and they also give the appearance of being taller, even though all the girls are roughly the same height. (There's also a difference in this view from the front, although it's not as noticeable.)

Anyway, despite my creation of a Twist-dad named Tango, I could probably come around to your way of thinking. :twistnerd:

Bon Bon doesn't seem quite close enough to be related to Twist in anything other than cutie mark, and her wearing Twist's nerd glasses as a filly.

I'm okay with her being Twist's aunt, but she had more than Twist's glasses back then -- she had Twist's face!

Clearly, things changed a little as she grew up:

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

4401637 - hmmm, yeah, there is a teensy bit of Applejack in that voice. Maybe none of the guys at DHX were available that day. :)

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Check out Twist in this shot and compare her to the other fillies

I sorta see it, but it looks very subtle to me. :)

arcum42
Group Admin

Here, this might be a better shot to look at. Compare her legs and overall shape to Sweetie Belle, then Truffle Shuffle.

As a bonus, this is an extremely cute screenshot.

--arcum42

She grew up in the orphanage with Scootaloo.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Might want to post a larger version of that image, or link to it...

arcum42
Group Admin

In theory, that is the large copy, but here's a link to the page.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Scootaloo_enjoying_a_zap_apple_jam_sandwich_S2E12.png

--arcum42

4401637 I guess Cathy Wesluck was unavailable, or Natasha Levinger wasn't aware of who previously voiced the mail pony.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

That's an unusual but not unwelcome grouping of ponies. ^^

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well... the way it probably went was that the script said Anonymous Post Pony, and somepony said "Who wants to voice a post pony today?", and then the animators decided to be consistent (or not make a new model, anyways) and make it the same post pony they've used before...

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16