Comments ( 149 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 149
Masterweaver
Group Admin

Actually I was going to save the Hippocampi label for "unicorn sea ponies". Pegasi would be Merpones and Earth Pony Sea Ponies are Sirens.

....I can explain better later...

Masterweaver
Group Admin

The Tribes of the Seaponies

The seaponies, so named because of their superficial facial resemblance to ponykind, are the native denizens and caretakers of the oceans. Like the ponies of old Equestria, seaponies have blood flowing with magical potency and come in three tribes. In fact, intermarriage between the two species is not uncommon, and most pony/seapony hybrids will have luxurious manes around their cranial fins. Seaponies are capable of walking on land, contrary to popular belief, but they are not nearly as fast as they are in water.

The "generic" seapony is known as a Siren, and like the earth ponies of the land they serve in a myriad of roles. Like all sea ponies they have a spinal fin ridge and a pair of flipperhooves for swimming, as well as a long semi-prehensile tail that anchors them when they sleep. Where earth ponies have a connection with the land, Sirens instead have a magically potent voice which can sooth and tame a number of aquatic beasts; in point of fact this is the basis of the seapony nation's survival and economy in the depths, although their magical voice has caused some more notorious shipwrecks.

The Merpone tribe is roughly equivalent to the pegasus race, although they control the ocean's currents instead of the cloud's motion. Their flipperhooves have large, extendable fringes which they use to channel their power and manipulate the water around them. Like the pegasi, many Merpones are charged with the defense of the realm, as their current control not only provides high speed paths for important military messages but can be used to batter and banish any of the monsters that rise from the deep.

The Hippocampi are so named for the ridgeless horn jutting from the forward portion of their brain, through which they channel magic. When compared to that of a unicorn's, a Hippocampus's magic is generally more powerful, but somewhat harder to control; for this reason, they did not "reign over" other seaponies as their unicorn counterparts did in early Equestrian history, though they still tend to more scholarly and academic roles.

TheDboys
Group Contributor

2141741 your explanation is much more detailed then mine so I'm fine with your version of seaponys.
I removed all references to hippocampal in my entries and also my sea pony entry but left the rest.

Edit:One Last underwater race

Races:

Bunyip-

Bunyips Are Carnivorous Bipedal Creatures that originated from Swamps Before the Flood. They resemble Large Otters with Fangs like walrus tusks and clawed webfeet for swimming and combat and a bushy tail most likely for keeping it balance when walking two legged on land.. Bunyips May Look like savage beasts due to their large fangs,claws and predatory Eyes but Bunyips can be Quite Intelligent creatures and are capable of speech. Bunyips stand on average equal in height to regular Minotaur, they Also match Minotaur in terms of strength. Bunyips Breath using lungs ,because of this they l mostly live near the waters surface, but they have the ability to hold their breath for up to 50 minutes allowing them to make short excursion to the sea floor.Like Otters Bunyips tie themselves to kelp when they sleep.

Most Bunyips as a species are divided in loyalty to the Triton Empire, and the Deepbred Alliance. Bunyips in the Deepbred have darker colored coats and Larger fangs and Serve as Heavy Troops for Naga Raids and have a fearsome reputation for devouring the bodies of those they kill in battle. Bunyips in The Triton Empire Have Lighter colored coats and serve as Heavy troops in combat , more civilized then their Deepbred cousins, as well as Metalworkers in Atlanta's Forge well known for Crafting great quality weapons and armor, their Heat Resistant fur allows them to work in the open mantel located their. Their also exist neutral bunyips living solitary lives on the ocean and some can even be found in the Equestrian Remnant making livings as Blacksmiths and sailors.

M3Xkillers
Group Contributor

I just thought of something, slime cannons. I somehow wants those.

Goldenwing
Group Admin

Well honestly, the stuff in the gdocs is the exact original post, copied and pasted. I'll post it here then try to flesh out any holes.

Battle Harness - Amongst the hooved and handless members of the Equestrian Remnant military, a clever Magitek innovation known as a "Battle Harness" is used as a means of wielding and using weaponry. The harness consists of two parts: a helmet and a saddle. The helmet has a primitive mind-reading spell built into it. This spell is capable of interpreting simple mental commands from the wearer such as "fire," "reload," or "unsheath." A small bit in the mouth is used as a safety; the helmet will not respond to commands until the safety is toggled off via biting the bit. The harness is attached to the helmet by a Magitek wire, which is protected by the helmet itself in better designs, that usually runs down the back of the neck. Slots on each side of the harness allow it to execute these commands when attached to harness-compatible equipment. There is one slot on each side for a single gun, as well as additional slots for wingblades. Compatible guns are listed below.

E-42 Flechette Gun - The flechette gun is extremely deadly in close quarters, firing clouds of hot shrapnel to devastate anything at close range. The gun require some experience to use, and soldiers that favor it often show small scars alongside their shoulders; rookie users often forget that it fires in a cone, and accidentally graze themselves with improper aiming. It works with a gravity-based mechanism that basically drops another load of flechettes into the chamber after each shot. At ranges further than ten meters, it becomes little more than a deterrent.

E-47 Stealth Rifle - A relatively new design, the E-47 uses magic sound absorbents to silence the characteristic bang of firearms. The new technology requires a special-made harness to use. Although the gun is fully automatic, the absorbents take up so much space that only five bullets can fit into each clip. It is favored by special ops soldiers, and is known to break when used in harsh conditions.

EM-30 Repeater - The EM-30 is the current pinnacle of harness technology, allowing a single soldier to fire a hundred rounds before having to reload. It absolutely cannot be used in flight, as the powerful recoil will knock even the strongest flier out of the sky. The EM-30 must be manually reloaded, and is usually used with teams of two. One soldier wears the gun itself, as well as an ammo container on their other side that feeds into it. The other offers support with Mk. 10s and reloads the gun.

Mk. 1 Rifle - Popularly referred to as the "Mark" amongst soldiers, the Mk. 1 was the original gun design of the battle harness. After going through several iterations, the clunky, high-caliber Mark has been optimized for long range engagements. The large caliber requires the Mk. 1 to be manually reloaded by slipping a new bullet into the chamber after each shot. Because of this, it is not favored by earth ponies. Its heavy weight requires some strength from the user, and winged users often wear a counter-weight on the other side to balance themselves during flight.

Mk. 10 Rifle - Standard issue battle harnesses come with two of these. The Mk. 10 is a simple self-loading rifle, capable of firing 10 shots with good accuracy over medium ranges. The complex loading system often takes as long as five seconds to load the next bullet, requiring careful planning of the user. It is a very dependable and well-rounded weapon, making it the prime choice for rookies.

So, what are your questions again?

Goldenwing
Group Admin

Well, let's see. It's important you keep in mind that the Remnant does not have a good ranged advantage compared to other factions. They are a primarily melee and magical force, relying on physical attributes like the pegasus' speed and verticality, earth pony's strength and endurance, and unicorn magic. All of their guns are support weapons.

The Mk. 1 is basically a DMR. It's kind've like an M1903. The Remnant utilizes its accuracy to pick off enemy officers and support infantry assaults. Its primitive technology (breech-loading) means that pegasi and earth ponies can't use it, but it doesn't have much magical components, which makes it more precise. The magic parts in other Remnant guns result in some lack of precision, due to their analog nature, as opposed to the more digital technology.

The Mk. 10 has a long-reload time because otherwise ponies would be OP. It also has to be light enough that a pony can still be fast and maintain melee superiority. It's a support weapon, designed more to allow ponies to close into melee range than to score kills. It also uses relatively new technology (the autoloader), which slows it down.

The E-42 is a shock trooper weapon, designed to amplify the close-range advantage of the Remnant. Think of it as an AA-12 with a small clip. Although three "shots" worth of powder are in a standard clip, the gravity-fed loading mechanism and powder ammo allows a veteran to fire shots of varying sizes extremely fast, and stretch out the clip longer. It is devastating in close range, when complimenting the equine close-range power.

The EM-30 is another support weapon. It uses experimental and difficult to craft spells as well as the latest in Remnant mechanical technology, giving it more firepower than any other gun in the force. It's similar to a WW1-era machine gun. It only fires two rounds a second and is rather inaccurate, but that's a lot for the Remnant, and the slugs are large enough that usually only one hit is required to kill. The extreme weight of the gun means only earth ponies can equip it, and the belt-feeding mechanism means unicorn magic is needed to keep new rounds flowing.This makes it rather cumbersome, and since the earth pony has to stand still to fire it, they're usually vulnerable to enemy marksmen. Deploying just one effectively requires a small team of unicorns to erect shields and load the gun.

The E-47 is used exclusively for stealth situations. Its only real perk is its suppressed firing; the small clip, high firing rate, low caliber, and inaccuracy make it incapable of dealing with more than one target at once.

Goldenwing
Group Admin

What are some statistics of the AC-4? It sounds almost modern in technology level, which would be extremely OP.

Can you tel us some more about the ships? Propulsion systems, technology levels, etc.?

Masterweaver
Group Admin

From the description, the Ocean Lions sound like they're multiracial. Goblins and pones. And probably sphinxes.

Comment posted by Metal-Max1991 deleted Nov 21st, 2013

Would Underwater Dart Guns make sense?
Underwater Firearm

Masterweaver
Group Admin

See, the Ocean Lions are not a race yet. So that tells me nothing. Please, please, please put some thought into this.

1905088 hey, does this story have any waterlogged type zombies?

Masterweaver
Group Admin

Are you... referencing something?

2213530 I just had a funny idea after seeing the Creepshow story something to tide you over. Since the world is flooded and people have died, what if there were waterlogged zombies

Masterweaver
Group Admin

...See, I haven't seen Creepshow. So when I hear waterlogged zombies, I think "Wet Zombies." There are zombies in this world. It's a sea. Logically, there would be the occasional waterlogged zombie. Thus, your question seems... redundant.

Sparx
Group Contributor

So, I heard we're in need for a few cities, I have a few ideas I can pitch in. Also, be aware that I'm terrible at naming these, so think of the names as merely placeholders, unless they're liked.

((edited))
Broncolombia
Located on Celesmian, west of Steel Towers, Broncolombia has provided food for a majority of the Equestrian Remnant, tending to the farms and trees, it is also the new home of Sweet Apple Acres, where many of the Apple Family have taken to residing and tending the orchard.

Steel Towers
A city of iron, smog, and steel. Located on Celesmian, directly south of New Canterlot, the towers are where many of the weapons and technology of the Equestrian Remnant are built, smog and smoke fuming from the towers of the factories. While the air is dark from smoke and fumes, it's toxins have been filtered through unicorn magics, making the air breathable, but still thick and difficult. It seems there are more factories and mines than homes here, as work has become the lives of the folk here, and the clanging of metal never stops ringing. The fires of the forges always burn, coupled with the smog, makes Steel Towers a very warm place to live.
The ponies that live here have been hardened like the steel and iron they work, with tough hides, thin coats, and large lungs. The earth ponies work diligently at the forges, proving their strength and endurance, while their knowledge of the earth makes them very clever and quick miners as well, finding rich deposits of coal, iron and more. While strong lungs are necessary in Steel Towers, the Pegasi have benefited the greatest from it as they fly through the smoke and ash above. Most unicorns of Steel Towers came to the city because they have focused their magic to cleaning the air, detecting ore deposits or twisting the metals into the desired shapes, making them very good at their job.
The smoke that billows toward the sky could easily be eliminated altogether, though from the sky it serves as a signal for ponykind, making it a visible landmark for airships and travelers. It also serves as a warning for their enemies, for many know of the brawn and power of a Steel Tower pony who has adapted to the city's harsh environment.

Nimbustang
A city built in the clouds, much like Cloudsdale, but much smaller. Nimbustang was formed around the time of the great flood, by pegasi who fled the ground. A city built from fear, it's cause for creation remains it's motto, as the pegasi residing on these clouds have heard various tales from the surface since they formed of pirates, and massive monsters beneath the waters and other horrors. This xenophobic city houses only pegasi, and are very reluctant to welcome strangers into their clouds. As such, they have had to organize a group of gatherers, swift and trained fliers to head to the surface and fetch food. It seems with every excursion to the surface, somepony has some new story of the horrors below, but with no way to determine who is simply exaggerating and who has seen true danger, most stories are accepted as true, and only fuel their fear of strangers. Their fear brought them to building a fearsome military force who defend the city with wary eyes and armor forged from lightning and thunder, as was done many years in the past. They have built weather factories, but have adapted to using them for survival rather than bringing more rain to the land below, using their rain water for drinking and lightning for heat and defense.
The city is run by a council of three ponies, consisting of the head gatherer, the head of the military, and the head of the weather factory. When approached by foreigners, the city of Nimbustang has always been more accepting of other pegasi than anypony else, with 'accepting' meaning 'fewer spears pointed at'. While their weapons and armor are primitive, their cautious nature has made them fierce guerrilla fighters, using their surplus of storm clouds to devastating efficiency, however they more often will chose to avoid battle than engage in it.

Goldenwing
Group Admin

I am pleased with your work. The Writer's Council has seen this and we're gonna come over here and help you perfect this.

Steel Towers is almost perfect; the only problem is it's on Pony Island. Pony Island is very small, and is completely taken up by the settlement on it. As in, we basically took Ponyville, traced its borders, and made it an island. Then shuffled some terrain. Steel Towers will have to be somewhere else. Perhaps you could make a new, larger island and put both Broncolombia and Steel Towers on it? It would make for some interesting contrast, and even some politics as the two radically different lifestyles clashed.

Broncolombia has a weird name. Also, Applejack lives on Pony Island. I personally think it'd be okay to have Sweet Apple Acres there, and just have AJ not live on it (she seems to be mostly a cider maker in this verse anyways), but that's up to discussion.

As for Nimbustang, the premise is good and actually makes sense. I'm surprised we haven't come up with it already. It makes an especially nice contrast against Cloudsdale, which is just a big floating charity case in the Thunderverse. My only worry is that it may be too powerful. How big is this nation? I'm not sure if I should imagine it as a secluded town of a few xenophobic pegasi, or a major force like the Migrant Fleet.

Good work, bro.

Sparx
Group Contributor

Aye, wasn't sure about the islands, if there were settlements there or not, but yeah, they could easily be placed somewhere else, probably nearby for communication purposes.

Yeah, I know the names are weird, just kinda went with the show's habit of 'Horse pun'. Also I mainly put acres there not for AJ, but any of the Apples that remained from all around Equestria.

Nimbustang came to me as more of a very isolated town that would wander the skies, tending to avoid battle rather than seek it, but dangerous to engage.

I have a few more ideas and can post them and more details on these ones if you'd like. Any races in particular that need a city desperately?

Goldenwing
Group Admin

Problem: There's not enough work to be done in this settlement, and it doesn't contribute much to the Remnant; it's actually rather a drag on their economy. There are a few ways we could approach this.

1. Emphasize the uselessness of the islands. We can then integrate it into Remnant politics as a major talking point: abandon the ponies on them, or continue spending the resources to keep them alive?

2. Make the islands somewhat distant from the rest of the Remnant. Then they could be an important strategic asset as a refueling station (like Hawaii or Midway in WW2). That still leaves the problem of them being rather unsustaionable though...

3. Turn the islands into a military outpost, and make them distant. Unfortunately that will mean they can no longer be slums.

4. Put the islands close to Steel Towers. Then the ponies that live there can find plenty of jobs at Steel Towers, and it'll complement the Steel Towers' theme of metal/pollution/industry with some poverty.

Or maybe mix these up or come up with something of your own?

2D
Group Admin

2214052>>2214402

Only quarrel I have here is the races from Steel Towers. Whilst I am a-okay with the Earthpony variants, the Pegasus sub-race seems all too much like an already existing race -- known as the Longwings, who have huge amounts of stamina and larger/bulkier wings and skin/coats. Also Steel towers could perhaps be the new Fillydelphia, last I heard we have done nothing with that place. Much like how Manehatten rises from the deep, Steel Towers could take the concept as well. Also the Unicorns in Steel Towers don't sound like a sub-race, more like they're good at the jobs provided.

Otherwise, I'm liking this idea. :twilightsmile:

Goldenwing
Group Admin

2214491>>2214451
Making Steel Towers Fillydephia wouldn't make any sence. The Remnant is 1000 miles north of Old Equestria.

Though we could say that the ponies from Fillydelphia founded Steel Towers, and gradually rebuilt their lifestyle.

Sparx
Group Contributor

They aren't really a subrace, more like when comparing a person who has spent their life working in a mine against another who has worked in an office, the one from the mine will be stronger and more callused than the office worker, they're very minor evolutionary benefits that suit their lifestyle, but it's definitely noticeable in comparison.

2D
Group Admin

Unfortunately, genetic adaptations don't form over short periods of time. If they've been like this for so long, then they would have evolved farther and much sooner. Am I correct to assume that they've been working like this, as a group, for at least 500 years or so? :duck:

So then why do we have Manehatten as one of the cities being used? Why is the Crystal Empire still around in the form of the Vaetir lands? Why are the Zebra and Griffins still so close? At any rate, if this is the case then perhaps Steel Towers could be a far off manufacturing plant.

Sparx
Group Contributor

Fair point. I'm a little uncertain at the time period it's at by the moment as I still have to do my research on the history. I'd assume however that most of the folk that come to work here are used to the work that they've been doing, probably only pushing themselves a bit harder.

Goldenwing
Group Admin

I don't think Manehattan is part of the Remnant. It's the one city in Old Equestria that survived, and is mostly underwater. I always thought of it as an independent entity, where sea and land creatures lived together.

Or is it a part of the Triton Empire, where land ponies also live? That would also make sense.

Making it part of the Remnant wouldn't make sense. It's 1000 miles south and has no land on which to grow food, making it heavily dependent on imports (or fishing, I guess?) Since it consists entirely of skyscrapers, there can't be any room for heavy manufacturing, so I doubt it has many exports. It's so far away that the logistics would be a nightmare. If it wasn't for communication stones they'd probably be a part of the Remnant only in name, much like America was practically independent while under Britain. The ponies there probably stayed behind while the ponies of the Remnant fled, meaning there was a disagreement.

It makes more sense to me that they be seperate.

There's no reason for the Crystal Empire not to be around. Trinity is the whole world, where Equestria is one land.

Zebra and Griffon have never been explicitly said to be close. With as little land as there is, they're probably far away from eachother, but still share borders, most likely established on military outpost islands.

Sparx
Group Contributor

So I'm only throwing this out there to see if anyone likes the idea, I'm not expecting it to get through, but no harm in trying. Keep in mind it isn't a race suggestion, so much as a potential monster/lore.

Ravener
When the rains came down, they washed away a lot. Unfortunately, that meant uncovering things as well. The raveners, undead dragons of incredible power and age were buried, years before the age of Discord or the others. Avaricious by nature, dragons would spend their entire lifetimes searching and hoarding treasure, but when they realize the inevitability of death, it may drive them mad. The most sinister of dragons may take their frustrations out on the countrysides or lands below, the more clever of them though, may look to other means, feeding off of the lives of others, making dark deals that strip them of their flesh, leaving a skeletal frame that house glowing flames that vary greatly in color. Their favored prey were strong; powerful unicorns, would-be dragonslayers, great beasts, and even other dragons.
This practice was forever forbidden, and raveners were sealed deep into the ground. But when the flood arrived, it uncovered these dark beasts, awakening them, and the years have only made them hungrier. They are few in number, but terrible to face, they are thought of as legends, even when spoken of by someone claiming to be a witness, 'a pirate's tale and nothing more.'

Comment posted by ActionPony deleted Nov 22nd, 2013
Goldenwing
Group Admin

Have you...
read any of the lore?

I'm sorry, no. I don't really know where to get to it, and I looked mostly at the forum and group description. I'm mostly throwing out ideas at random. I'm really sorry :twilightsheepish:.

That lore comment I left was very stupid, and it's now deleted. There, I admit it.

Goldenwing
Group Admin

Well, no big deal. I know we all get excited with this stuff.

The TSoT Noob Guide Thread has directions to the most important parts of the forums.

Unfortunately, I couldn't access it :twilightsheepish:.
I also hope that you can use the less idiotic elements of that comment, such as Magebane. Basics are this: Metal that dissipates magic, very rare, horrendously expensive. It's not likely to play a big part in any story, as most protagonists would bankrupt themselves for a million years just to get an earring of this stuff, but it can be there.

Goldenwing
Group Admin

Really?
Did you click the link here?

My computer wouldn't allow me to do it.

Sparx
Group Contributor

Right, got another city idea here.

Maretropolis
Located south of Pony Island and northwest of the Metal Islands, Maretropolis is the main trade city of the Equestrian Remnant, and as such is large and bustling. This is where creatures from all walks of life will dock to make trade with the Remnant, as well as the main marketplace. To be a merchant here is like being in war, as there are many many ponies in the profession, and even a few other creatures who have settled down. Bits is the language of the city, and if you have none than you have no business here, unless you wish to take up a position as one of Maretropolis' homeless. The most successful merchants have formed a guild, assuring their success continues, and to be invited into the guild is a great honor and pleasure. That being said, if one is not within the guild, they will either struggle their entire career, or fail without ever having had a chance. Those that have proven successful but denied their access to the guild have had to suffer greatly through the guild's rather underhanded sabotage tactics. Corruption does run through the streets, and there are many a pickpocket and cutpurse here, as money means life in this city.
If however, you come with a fat, heavy bit bag, and you manage to keep a hold of it, you can find most anything you're looking for here, from weapons, furniture, food, antiques, and various services. Chances are that if you can't find it in Maretropolis, it doesn't exist. That being said, there are many artisans and creators willing to make what you're searching for.
Among the influence of the city, there is more than the Merchant's Guild at work, as there are organizations for thieves, and a black market as well, though with their skill and power, they've managed to keep knowledge about their existence on the down low, little more than rumors to those who aren't already a part of them.
Though even lesser known than the thieves and illegal wares, is the organization of homeless. Not every urchin on the street is a member, but those that are have eyes that see much. Much like the rest of the town however, their information is not free. They have heard nearly every passing rumor, seen every subtle exchange, and it's all available, to those who know where to look and can afford the price.

Goldenwing
Group Admin

You may want to address the issue of the Deepsea Alliance. Where you've described Maretropolis to be, they'll be right next to the Alliance's territory, and the Alliance is actively hostile against the Remnant.

Sparx
Group Contributor

I meant to place it on that Island with an unnamed city.

Goldenwing
Group Admin

Oh, okay.
So northeast of the Metal Islands, then.

Sparx
Group Contributor

Whoops! didn't mean to say west there. Yes that is correct.

TheDboys
Group Contributor

For M3xkillers
Technology:

EverFlame ammunition: The Result of Years of extensive Research and even longer experimentation by the Alchemists and mages of private New Canterlot research facility's. EverFlame ammunition was first created on accident when the Remnant military was looking in ways to develop an edible jelly that lasted years for sailors on long voyages. The first batches were reported to taste "Worse then barnacles covered in seagull dung", the Batch was thrown into a disposal furnace which shortly after violently exploded and engulfed the room in flames, the room was filled with water from the emergency sprinkler system but the fire refused to go out. Even after Unicorns attempted to use magic to freeze the room and drown the flames the fire continued to burn melting ice and evaporating water on contact. The whole facility was evacuated and the mysterious green colored fire burned the entire west wing of the facility to the ground, luckily the facility was isolated and the incident was blamed on a faulty water boiler.

The Remnant military representatives who had come to see the progress of the jelly Immediately canceled the Project and erased all traces of it's existence while simultaneously hiring all the scientists involved in the jelly's creation into the military's private research & developed program. Because all the notes on the Jelly's creation were burned in the fire, it took the scientists 13 years to recreate the process. but with the rediscovery came a new secret weapon to give the Remnant an Edge over it's Enemies, EverFlame Ammunition.

EverFlame Ammunition comes in two varieties,yellow Jelly and green,jelly. Both Versions will continue to burn whatever object their attached to even when completely submerged in water. EverFlame Jelly Requires a trained alchemist and a skilled mage,as well as a classified list of ingredient given to each ships Chief Master Gunner under oath, to produce, despite the large store EverFlame in most Remnant Armory's, EverFlame is a Rare Substance Requiring 3 days just to produce a gallon of Yellow EverFlame and 7 days to produce a Liter of Green EverFlame. Because of The Time it takes to makes, it is only used in desperate situation or when the advantage is most needed in the beginning of a fight due to the Danger of setting your own ship alight.

Yellow Jelly-Yellow jelly has a lower viscosity and is usually dropped from barrels by sea ships or carried in leather pouches as special grenades by pegasi and griffons. once enemy ships are near enough to the ocean barrels or have been coated by yellow jelly grenade they can be lit by any flames or heated object, Even sunlight will cause it to ignite eventually, which requires to jelly to be carefully maintained and stored in cool dark areas at all times.

Green Jelly- Green Jelly unlike it's cousin is a much more Violent Variant when used. It must be stored and sealed by advanced spells at all time due to it volatile nature. Unlike yellow EverFlame Jelly which Ignites upon Contact with heat or flame, green Jelly Explodes upon contact with air spreading flames in a much more uncontrollable manner. upon exploding, its deadly Green flames are thrown across a wide area increasing is usefulness as a ranged weapon but making it riskier to use in close range. The Green Jelly is Fired from a Special Cannonball Made of Compact Clay which when launched weakens the Clay's shell and allows it to crack on impact Exposing it's deadly contents to oxygen. Incredibly Dangerous substance that Requires Authorization from that highest authority's to transport and use.

Sparx
Group Contributor

Oh! Question!
I noticed that there is no account for the Diamond Dogs on the race list. Are we assuming they're extinct, are they not in this universe, or have we simply yet to post anything about them?
If it's the last one, I'd gladly write the entry on them.

Masterweaver
Group Admin

They're endangered. Most of them are goblin slaves. Bit of a flip, really, given that the first Goblin King in pre-nightmare era was a diamond dog.

Also I'm going to be updating the lore tommorrow, so don't approach me or I'll SNAP YOER SOUL UP AND EAAAAT IT

Doccular42
Group Admin

Finally made the Remnant political system. Here goes...

DISCLAIMER! I hate politics, and thus all the parties are kind of stupid in their own unique ways. Just like real political parties!

Branches:

The Equestrian Remnant Government has three main branches. Note that this only covers legislature and executive. The judiciary system is beyond the scope of this study, and shall be listed elsewhere.

The House of Lords was the first part of the government to be created. It was originally composed of six Houses Major, and seven Houses Minor. Each House was a family of Nobles, who made up the House of Lords. Today, it is composed of five Houses Major, and seven Houses Minor. Each house can have up to four representatives in the House of Lords. The House of Lords itself creates the laws, and originally voted on their passing and enforced them.

In 11 A.D., certain members of the House of Lords realized that there was too much potential for trouble in the future if all the power remained with them. They knew that they had the population’s best interests at heart, but would their descendants?

So, the House of Lords created the House of Commons and the Regent’s Office.

The House of Lords still created laws, but now they had to be passed in the House of Commons before they became permanent laws for the Remnant.

The House of Commons was made up of what its name implies. Commoners. No noble could hold office there. The House of Commons were responsible for several things. First, any laws created by the Lords had to be approved by the Commons. Second, they were responsible for bringing to the House of Lords certain matters that needed to be settled. Anypony could become a member of the House of Commons if they were elected. Several Gryphons, three Zebras, two Changelings, and one naga hold office as of the time of this manuscript’s writing.

Finally, the Regent’s Office, which has been renamed the Prime Minister’s Office now that Princess Luna has returned, is responsible for enforcing the laws, declaring war, and managing the government itself. The Prime Minister also acts as oversight to the Houses, who in return, oversee him.

The Prime Minister is elected once every five years. He must have at one time been a member of the House of Lords, and must be elected by a majority from the general population. A member of the House of Commons may run for Prime Minister, but only with the approval of the House of Lords. This has only happened once, in 506 A.D.

The Prime Minister has the power to create a law and force the House of Lords to vote on it. The law, if passed, then goes to the House of Commons to be voted upon once more. The Prime Minister also has the 13th vote in the House of Lords, if the other twelve are divided. He also has several ways to affect both Houses in legal matters if he has the support of the other house. However, this is a dangerous method.

The Prime Minister must have the support of both the House of Lords and the House of Commons. If a majority in either House finds the Prime Minister to be in error, they can make a movement known in Remnant Politics as a “Puddinhead Strike.” The Puddinhead Strike is a dangerous political move, which causes a few peculiar laws to come into effect.

First, the House of Lords and House of Commons convene together, in what is known as the Great House. Each member of the House of Commons has one vote in the Great house, while each member of the House of Lords has three votes. Every member is forced to vote in the Great House. Abstination is not allowed.

The Great House can only vote on one thing. The removal of a Prime Minister. Each member casts their votes, yes or no, but there is far more to this vote than just the Prime Minister’s position. Every vote requires the signature of the politician who votes.

If the vote comes up yes to remove the Prime Minister, he is immediately removed, and the House of Lords elects a new Prime Minister from within their ranks. This Prime Minister can only serve for one year, and then a new election is cast amongst the general population.

However, if the vote comes up nay, every politician who voted yes is required to abdicate their position. Even a member of the House of Lords.

Only three times has a Puddinhead Strike been attempted. The first was by Chancellor Puddinhead VI herself, who was the first leader in the house of commons. When Princess Platinum, the first Prime Minister, was assassinated along with all of her known family, another Regent was elected. This Regent abused her power terribly. Puddinhead came up with the idea and told all the members of the House of Commons about it. She then took it to the House of Lords, in secret. Within one hour, the law had been created and ratified. The Great House convened, and the Prime Minister was removed.

A Puddinhead Strike has been executed successfully one other time in history, and it has failed once.

Parties:

The political system in the Remnant is made up of five parties, divided by two main ideas: Government form, and personal freedom. The five parties are as follows:

Conservatives: Originally founded by Commander Hurricane Flithoof, direct descendant of the Equestrain Founder Commander Hurricane, the Conservative party is dedicated to the protection of the Remnant. Their original stance was to not allow any races besides ponies into the Remnant, and to keep the nation isolated. They believed heavily in a strong military force, and a rigidly controlled country. Today, the party, like all of them, has changed. Now, they are mainly isolationist, believing that the Remnant should stay out of the affairs of other nations. They desire a stronger military, but just to protect themselves. They do not understand other nations, and they do not want to. If it was up to them, all the Remnant's borders would be closed, and all non ponies would be banned from the country. They are often accused of racism, and they often are quite racist. The are ideologically opposed to the Liberals. The current leader of the Conservatives is Prince Rigid Flithoof. The Conservative party is opposed to Prime Minister Blueblood’s Moderate Government.

Liberals: Following the hoofsteps of their founder, Witty Cookie, the Liberal party fought for many years for equality amongst all nations and races. They heavily supported passing laws allowing other races to immigrate to the Remnant. Until the year 312, all members of the Liberal party forswore titles, until control of the party found its way into the hooves of Lilly Toity. She forced an ideological shift onto her party. She took upon herself the title of Princess, saying the the people needed a voice, and that if she did not become it, then no one would. She then became a political ‘crusader’ who sought the decrease of the military and an increase in peace agreements with other nations. Today, there are two schools of thought in the Liberal party. The first is Cookian Liberalism. It focuses on the personal freedom of all citizens and a strong government to protect them. The second is Toitian Liberalism. It focuses on political activism, taking power from the military forces, and making peace with other nations. Toitian Liberalism is far more common, but most of its followers do not understand the necessity of the military, and are often called ‘ivory tower intelectuals.’ They are ideologically opposed to the conservatives. The current leader of the Liberals is Prince Hoity Toity. The Liberal Party is supportive of Prime Minister Blueblood’s Moderate Government.

Loyalists: Founded by Captain Pansy Do, the Loyalist Party desires a return to the original government of Equestria. Pansy originally pushed for a return to Diarchy, with the two most powerful unicorns being elected as supreme leaders. Backed and protected by a powerful guard of pegasi, of course. But when the other parties disagreed, the Loyalists changed their approach. The Loyalists are dedicated first and foremost to the protection of the citizens. This is one of the quirks of the political system, as their antithesis, the Progressives, do the same thing. They believe that following the laws originally appointed by the two princesses would be the best way to do this. They push for laws that follow in the Princess’ hoofsteps. Today’s Loyalists are exactly the same as the original party. They are ecstatic that one of the Princesses has returned, although they would prefer it if she took a more active hand in governing the Remnant. They are ideologically opposed to the Progressives. The current leader of the Loyalists is Captain Daring Do. The Loyalist Party is supportive of Prime Minister Blueblood’s Moderate Government.

Progressives: The brain child of Princess Moonbeam Platinum, the Progressives were the first political party created in the Remnant. Dedicated to the ideal that ponies posses the ability to govern themselves and that a changing world required a changing government, the party dedicated itself to forming new laws to help their citizens. Like the Loyalists, their first priority are the ponies they govern. However, things changed after the Black Day of 15 A.D. On that day, three insane assassins infiltrated New Canterlot, killing Regent Moonbeam Platinum and all of her family, save one baby filly, who was stolen. For years the Progressives refused to elect a new leader, instead seeking the lost child. But they never found her. With a heavy heart, Lady Elegant Pants assumed control of the party. But before she did, she bound her party and all her descendants to a blood oath. If a descendant of Princess Platinum was ever found, he or she would resume control of the party. Several generations passed, and most of the Progressives forgot this ancient oath. The aim of the party wavered, and they quickly veered off course. from then up until this day, the Progressives have become best known for passing new laws for the sake of passing new laws. “Self absorbed windbags” is the term used on the streets. They are ideologically opposed to the Loyalists. The current leader of the progressives is Prince Fancy Pants. The Progressive Party is opposed to Prime Minister Blueblood’s Moderate Government.

Moderates: The final party, formed by Prince Arturious Blueblood the First, was created to balance the four other parties. The moderates themselves are an enigmatic bunch, covering the spectrum from Loyalist Liberals who want a strong military, to Progressive Conservatives who don’t feel comfortable being labeled racist windbags. Moderates look at each law on it’s own merits, and not as to how they apply to the party’s goals. The members are encouraged to vote their own conscience, instead of what the leader wants. Because of this, the Moderate party is the largest, but also most fractured, party. More than half of the Regents and Prime Ministers elected have been Moderates. They are ideologically opposed to no parties. The current leader of the Moderates is Prime Minister Blueblood. The Moderate Party is supportive of Prime Minister Blueblood’s Moderate Government.

2113890 The Mist of Despair: an area near the Deepsea Alliance considered to be cursed. A bit like the Burmuda Triangle, but with some variations. The area is clearly marked by the mist inhabiting it. This mist never spills out for some reason, and very few who have ventured into it have come back out alive and unchanged. Why venture within? Black End Temple, located near the center of the mist. Said to hold Discordian artifacts of great power, the temple tests whoever enters. Only those with a good heart and pure soul can use these artifacts, since they are the only ones who can control the chaos radiating from them. Monsters corrupted by said chaos (known in nearby islands as the Spurned) occupy the entire area, both within the mist and the temple.

Does it at least have potential?

Masterweaver
Group Admin

Sorry, but historically we are operating under the assumption that Luna and Celestia were not around at the founding of Equestria. Your system is in line with canon, but your dates must be altered to Before Drowning by a period of at least eighty years. And honestly probably more like 150 years before drowning.

Masterweaver
Group Admin

Could you edit in any new information to this post please?

Sparx
Group Contributor

You got it.

Sparx
Group Contributor

Was anything else needed other than establishing Nimbustang as a small settlement and moving the other cities off Pony Island?

2D
Group Admin

Maybe editing the races a little, also feel free to go ahead and plonk Steel Towers somewhere on it's own if you'd like. I have the idea of it being some kind of massive city built out of an early fleet of ships, crashed into a shore bank besides a chain of small, ore rich islands. That's just me, though. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 149