Madverse 83 members · 18 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
MerlosTheMad
Group Admin

So, in case any of you would like to talk about things as they progress, here's a home for you to do it.

I'll start! Mary's going to give birth to a pony, and decide to stay as one. Whether she and her family will stay in hiding on Earth or accompany Twilight back to Equestria is unknown.

Cold Spike
Group Contributor

Twilight orders a vegetarian Pizza.... but she gets MEATLOVERS. DUN DUN DUN! :pinkiegasp:

Celestia comes to urf, G1 Megan saves the day. :pinkiehappy:

2408909 How would she give birth to a pony? She's not even pregnant. I think... :twilightoops: She did mention gaining weight or something once.

2409152 Where would G1 Megan come from? Would she be in Mary and Jo's Earth from another world all together?

I think it was heavily implied at some point, or maybe I read a comment chain that followed questionable logic to get to that. I don't actually remember, but "Mary is pregnant! DRAMA!" sticks out in my mind.

2412797 That might be interesting.

Megan is in fact the last human of Equestria. She was cut loose onto earth because it would have been cruel to keep her in Equestria away from her kind. You'll find the blond in the Massachusetts Institute of Mental health, high security wing... She's waiting for the day the ponies will come to earth... When they do she'll be ready. She wants to give them payback for what she's gone through.

MerlosTheMad
Group Admin

You're all crazy. Great guesses though. Only time will tell. :trixieshiftright:

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and say the that dragon that appears in the corresponding chapters called "Memories" in MLM and ATL is named Tiamat, the dragon from which the world was created in Babylonian mythology. Also the name of a dragon goddess in Dungeons and Dragons apparently. :twilightsmile:

Alright, to start off I haven't found the beginning of that pacific chain of comments about Mary having a baby soon. I'm also sure that some people won't like to to repeat such stuff. But I would like to point out some facts. Never in MLM and ATL does the story mention every having a instance of a period. Granted that kinda of stuff is overlooked on purpose for certain reasons. But we can imply that due to the life styles of everyone brought up, we can safely assume that bringing it up wasn't important. BUT there is other evidence that Mary could be pregnant.
1: Around the current point in MLM, it states that Mary has been gaining pounds, this could mean that her lifestyle is just getting lazy and she is eating too much. but when you take into account that ponies (and by that extend Mary) are herbivores which means that most of the their intake that would provide the fat to gain a noticeable amount of pounds is sweets (which yes we see Mary enjoy some celery and peanut-butter). But the show tends to show a large amount of sweet intake and ruling out :pinkiehappy: because she's :pinkiehappy: we could assume that a Pony's body can break down and process sugars and fats faster than we can. The only instances of over weight is Truffle the colt and Twilight after eating too much pie.
2: Getting back to the mention of Mary eating celery peanut-butter combos, this leads to the next point, She's eating a lot. Over the course of chapter 22 in the beginning, Mary displays a slight interest in her weight and debates about eating some more. Granted this could be looked at as she's gaining weight from eating too much. But keep in mind, mothers tend to eat more during pregnancy because they are feeding for two rather than one.
3: This is my final thing about this subject for now but also my most iffy of evidence. In the latest chapter for both stories, Memories, there is one scene where the memory cloud displays a scene from Mary's memory. If you don't know what I'm taking about, it's the one where they panic and try to shut off the memory. While funny as it is, I tend to look at every thing as if it was a Chekhok's Gun so this could be the every proof for this theory to go through. The only problem is that in MLM, Mary makes the comment that she's pass the point where she could get pregnant. But this rolls back into the Chekhov's gun by barely bringing this subject up as well as the other quips about her being pregnant.

The topic is still in the air, but until we can get solid proof of it being true or false, we can only theorize.

Now getting to the topic of Tiamat, I would have to agree with you mainly because Tiamat is know to be a powerful dragonic figure. But if were to follow MLP closely we would find out that Tiamat is not the Sun as the dragon shown in the story. the reason why is that MLP is using creatures based on a lot of myths, Minotaurs, griffins, pegasi, unicorns, and dragons to name a few. Granted they aren't depicted clearly to their historical mythical counterparts but we should at least take all myths into account as well as modern culture. this link shows that in Mesopotamian Religion Tiamat is depicted as a chaos creature and Goddess of the sea. These two points alone contradict that the Dragon in the memory say.
In the story, the dragon clams to have locked away the evil creatures in Tartarus and screams "I AM THE SUN", at past :twilightsheepish:. Being the sun is not being the Goddess of the sea and I think Chaos would say locking away evil things is not being Chaotic. And on a side note, Tiamat is D&D is the Dragon of Chaos as well while Bahaumat is more of the kinda of dragon that would lock the world's evils away.

This has been another session of "Over thinking about a Pony FanFic with Buring Wick." Thank you and good night.:scootangel::scootangel:

I remember the author's notes and the helpful signposts specifically saying there are five stories that are going on and the story lines will eventually converge into one. So, I couldn't help but draw this parallel.

There are six Madverse stories, but only five have begun. It is said that when the five are completed, the sixth shall be revealed.

(I haven't really seen something like this brought up, but I also haven't looked back through many many weeks of comments on the stories themselves either.)

2472339 I won't rule out pregnancy being a misdirection but I think I can add something to your list. Stan, and maybe his parents, seem to suspect she's pregnant as well. He was fidgeting over talking to her about something before they got fixated on contacting Twilight, that he waves away as asking about dinner. The only thing I could point out for his parents was Herbert saying they should talk about the elephant in the room, but that's reaching.

Then you've got the scene where Mary falls off the bed, though.

“Mar! Are you alright? You just landed on… your stomach.”

It feels like Stan caught himself before mentioning the baby to me. She follows it up pretty quickly with a rant about how she doesn't need any more big changes to worry about, which could certainly keep him quiet.

Considering the latest episode, I say, no, demand that there be a story set in the Sockpuppet Dimension.

EDIT: Blast it, that's what the other thread is for. My bad.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15