Brainstorming and Story Swap Directive 196 members · 188 stories
Comments ( 41 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 41
Flint Sparks
Group Admin

So... Here is it. You asked for it, you begged for it, and here it is! The December contest.
*cue thunder*

Deadline: December 31, 11:59 PM PST. A day or two late is fine, but there better be a good reason. :rainbowlaugh:

The reward: Experience and prestige. Oh, and this nice person offered up a steam code or two for the winner(s). I may offer something as well... :trollestia:

The prompt: Since this IS a brainstorming group, these are only suggested prompts. I highly recommend you help each other out with brainstorming, maybe come up with a prompt yourself. There might be bonus points... Creativity is a MUST!

1.) Discord tries to help the CMC get their cutie marks. What form of chaos can be made with the personification of Discord itself, and the three silliest fillies in Ponyville?

2.) Pinkie Pie attempts armed robbery. (Hint: use Lyra)

3.) Trixie learns a magic spell to create lightning storms... with her mind.

Anyway, three winners will be picked by the judges (to be announced). Grading will be on originality, grammar/punctuation/all that good stuff, and genre (the stronger you play on the mane genre, the higher the score).

As a final note, this contest is open to anyone, not just this group. If you want to collaborate with someone else, by all means do so!

Submission: Into the contest folder it goes! Anything published before the contest is ineligible (duh). It must be a complete story.

those promts actually sound hard for me...

Oh yes! This is going to be fun. :pinkiehappy:

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

They're suggested prompts. You can basically do whatever you want. :pinkiecrazy:

This will be hard and fun.

So we don't have to use the prompts? I could just write something unrelated to those and submit?

Or are you asking us to mess with the prompts and make something new?

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

Both. Make it creative! :rainbowwild:

Cool shit brah.

And no word minimum/maximum?

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

Nope. Just has to be complete. If I get a bunch of 1k one-shots about someone's OC... :ajbemused:
Just kidding, I have faith in everyone. :rainbowlaugh:

2272310 You're entering, too?

As soon as I finish my work, I have an idea for something that I'd like to use for this...

I have no idea how I would write any of those. All I can think of is discord helps the CMC find their cutie marks while Pinkie uses Lyra to help rob a store and Trixie learns the spell inside the store and they do it all at once and explode Ponyville, and I don't think I want to do that. Can you think of another prompt?

Oh yeah! I'm entering, bro!

2272509 Nice. I can't wait to see your entry.

If you need some help with it, just PM me. I'd be willing to take a break. Besides, right now, I'm at a bit of a standstill. File conversion problems... :pinkiesick: :twilightangry2: :raritycry: :raritydespair: :flutterrage:

Darn file conversion problems...

I sure will! If I need it that is.

Hay, I don't think I want to write something for this, can I be a judge? :pinkiehappy:

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

Look, you can do anything you want. As for Pinkie Pie committing armed robbery? Think for a moment. Pinkie Pie. Committing. Armed. Robbery.

She's probably take five hours to just clean the cash register because she'll go on five tangents about her grandmother complaining about loose change or something.

Or Lyras would tell Pinkie that she was helping the cash register and that's why Pinkie is commiting a felony

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

Anything you want! :pinkiehappy:

500 words into what I hope will be a funny story.

Hm... freedom on the prompt... no word count restrictions...

I could just add the fic I was about to post anyway as my entry! :rainbowlaugh:

/thinking of participating if I find time
//with a new fic -- I won't cheat by using one I've been working on for nearly a year.

Edit:
Definitely going to participate. I'm at a loss for what to do next, anyway.
It's on.

2272250 Don't forget about what I have to put on the table.

(Also, I may have more cool things to add to it to make the stakes even higher :3)

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

If you haven't posted it yet, it's fair game. It just have to be complete. :pinkiehappy:

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

I plan on doing a Week One update to make sure everyone knows. :pinkiehappy:

2272250 what no HOME ALONE parday with Spike as the kid and Sombra and Discord as the thieves

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

By all means, go ahead. :pinkiesmile:

2294343 don't got time for it or the skills just throwing the idea out there like member

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

Well thank you! But why not try? You can only get better, after all. :twilightsmile:

2294359 that is why I am working on a story I am willing to pore my hart into and not a one shot

Nah... I'll write a new one.
I really do feel like it would be cheating to put my year's worth of effort up against others' month of effort.

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

I can't wait for it then! :rainbowkiss:

Comment posted by stanku deleted Dec 19th, 2013

So... does the emptiness of the contest folder mean that nopony has submitted their story yet, or does it not show the contents? Just wondering.

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

Nobody has submitted yet. :rainbowlaugh: You can enter any story you've written. It's the easiest prompt to write to! :trollestia:

My entry is awaiting approval, and will be posted in the folder soonly.

How about the results?

Indeed. I have the contestant's itch.

:ajsleepy: "Ah'll get the powder, Sugarcube."

No, A-J! Not that contestant's itch. The itch to be judged!

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

Will be announced tomorrow or Saturday. :twilightsmile:

Will be announced tomorrow or Saturday.

Not?

When's the next contest?

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

3065916 The next contest I run will be in a different group. :twilightsmile: I'll let you all know.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 41