Human in Equestria 16,833 members · 16,990 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

Here it is... Fallout Equestria: Dead on Arrival!
It's about a merc who is the best marksmen in the world! So good that his agency orders his retirement, from life. It fails he's in Equestria in the aftermath of a war between the Crystal Empire and the rest of Equestria. He decides to find help in a land full of people who want him dead for reason's I will not explain yet.

1459797 That doesn't sound too stupid, really.

1459797 I'm confused about everything. Sort of interested no doubt, but confused.

What is it exactly that separates your main character from other main characters in Fallout character in Equestria stories? Also what exactly is happening when he gets to Equestria?

Still less stupid than The Conversion Bureau

A Fallout: Equestria spinoff that... doesn't sound totally fucking dumb?!
Never thought I'd see the day. :rainbowderp:

1459824 you'll have to read the story but I will say this about why he will be wanted rescuing and explosions!
Also he has seen some fucked up shit as a merc and marine.
Merc: Had to kill a wife that's pregnant because the kid ain't her husbands kid, had to kill a dog because guy who hired him wants to have a pretty lawn.
Marine: Kill an entire village of people (including kids) on the suspicion that one terrorist is there, watched all is friends get gunned down while they all were held hostage by a terrorist group.
Also he can shoot a flea from a mile away.

1459888>>1459839>>1459824>>1459806 wow. Either all you guys are joking or I've actually come up with a good idea for once!!!!!!:pinkiehappy:

1. Play it as a comedy if you want it to succeed
2. I really hate misanthropy and plot holes

Reverse psychology strikes again!

1459927 Well, the thing is that I'm more confused by your language.

You're obviously very excited about your story idea, which is a great thing and you should hold onto that energy as long as you can, it helps you keep writing and avoid writer's block. The thing is though that your story seems very run-of-the-mill in terms of its main character, as the merc-who-is-really-good character has been done many times on this site.

That doesn't mean that your idea is bad, in fact my favorite Fallout crossover on this site used the same character build and turned out very well. Its just that there are also a deluge of very poorly written fics with the same pretense as yours.

Personally I recommend that you read Wayward Courier before you write your fic, just to see how it can be done well. Also read a very poorly written fic with the same pretense as yours, so you can compare the aspects of the story that work to the one that didn't work, and see how you can make your fic as good as it can possibly be with what you notice.

Keep in mind that the story you want to tell may be above your storytelling capability at the moment, but don't let that stop you from at least trying, since testing your limits is the best way to improve, and you can always go back and rewrite the story later on after you've improved if you decide that the idea is too big for you.

Most importantly, ask for criticism on your work, and find out what you've done wrong from others. It sucks a bit at first, but hearing what you've done wrong from someone else is 1000x better than just going over your work by yourself.

Make sure that you have a prereader as well, grammar is seriously important in a story.

Nobody here likes comedies.
Sounds fairly generic if you ask me.

There's no such thing as a stupid idea, only stupid execution.

1460166 :eeyup: I just realized that but now that I think of it, maybe it should take place... Nope! I got fucking nothing!

People would probably still read it. I, personally, have a creativity fetish, so I try to avoid stuff that's been done before.

1460486 but this is such a serious story or atleast it's ment to be!

Detective Chmilewsky
Group Contributor

1460727 The problem is that - like others have said - is that this type of story has been done to death, and then some, with a badass mercenary character going to Equestria and wreaking havoc. Doesn't matter that said Equestria is vastly different from the Pre-War one.

1466944 o.k I get it don't do anything that pops in your head.

1466944 also I'm doing it because of Fuck You! Mr.Downer!

Detective Chmilewsky
Group Contributor

1467062>>1467063

1. I never said that.
2. Okay.

1467133you might as well have said that!

Detective Chmilewsky
Group Contributor

1467155 Saying an idea is overused doesn't mean I don't want you to write your idea.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24