Human in Equestria 16,819 members · 16,976 stories
Comments ( 63 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 63

This is a thought experiment...

Ponies and Equestria do exist, AWESOME!!!

But how do you think our law work on them? Will they have the same rights as us humans? Will they be considered human or sapient creatures as well? What about marriage and other types of intimate relationships, will that be allowed? What about alliance and technology? Will Equestria be considered as another country or something else entirely?

Personally, I imagine this would feel a bit like first contact with alien life-form.
But imagine the diplomatic issues went without any war or something for the sake of this argument.
What will happen next?

What do you think Mankind?

Before you ask, yes this is a desperate attempt to move an admittedly good argument from a Story Pitfalls thread. Feels odd, scrolling through that thread and found arguments about bestiality and technological development.

Build a wall around Equestria

Yeah, and I think I know which side of the wall I'll be living in.

Hint: The side with the least amount of humans.

We can’t get along with mother fuckers in our own species who live on the opposite side of town. Getting along with ponies is gonna be a lot harder than that.

We'll hold a party after your departure in your honor

#MakeEarthLitAgain

You made some good points there bud...

I say yes to rights, don't care about the romance (Hey it's your kink), we could share technology if they get the appropriate training and I personally think it should be its own country

Like gay marriage, or marijuana, there will be two opposing protesters about this: Those who are for pony equality, and those who are against it. The real question is: Which side are you on?

Me? If they talk, have emotions, and love, there is nothing wrong with it. The world is your oyster, people. The world is your oyster.

As for the love and marriage part:
Love is love, people. If you want to love a pony, then love them! It doesn't matter about how they look. It's about being together at heart. :heart:

Depends on the country, mostly.

Humanity as a species is way too xenophobic to even get along with each other. Let alone get along with a species that posesses equal self-awareness yet doesn't look remotely human.

Giving them equal 'human' rights? Not going to happen. I can already hear the first argument: "But they aint even human, why should we give them equal rights?"

Don't even get me started on the various religious fanatics who would no doubt decry them as monsters, demons and ungodly creatures. Or, on the opposite side of the spectrum, the weirdo's who would start worshipping them.

call me a pessimist, but i can't see anything good coming from this. Humanity simply isn't ready for such a thing. Despite all our advances, mentally we're still very much immature as a species.

remember the old saying: a person is smart. but as a group were dumb as rocks.

Yeah... I guess you're right...

(And here I am hoping for our first contact with alien life...)

:pinkiesmile: As cool as it would be to meet alien life, you gotta considder the following: Any species who has the technology required to travel the vast distances between our world and theirs in any expedient manner, would be as far above us as we are above ants.

6231727 Well I mean... we can. I get what you're saying that historically there's been a lot of national and racial tension but that's kinda gone down in recent decades, no?

Good answer which I approve and support.

My answer will be pretty much similar -- an astonishingly huge and deadly political, social and religious shitstorm. Gay marriage, abortion, drugs and other stuff like this will feel like a friendly argument about the best character build in some MMORPG, compared to this.

Well, that is definitely not an easy question, and a good answer will have to take a whole load of variables in mind.

First of all, let us not kid ourselves. This IS going to be treated exactly like first contact. There are already ideas and regulations tentatively put in place, discussions that have been done for this eventuality. Treating this as if Equestria is going to nestle as a country somewhere in the pacific and we're going to have the first discussions about human/pony wedding in a couple of weeks is exceptionally naive.

The first stage will be nothing more than light finger touching in terms of diplomatic contact. Representatives meeting from both sides, and simple data being exchanged. I have the personal assumption that Humanity will be the one to take the lead into the pace we take. Equestrians simply already HAVE exposure into different species and acceptance for them will be far easier. On realisation that we do not they would simply back off and wait for us to make each approach. Think of it as how you act when you attempt to befriend a dog.

Second stage would be meeting of leaders. I assume that it won't be like movies like to show and instead of having a solitary leader, like, God save us all, Trump being pushed forward, we will have a more full and eligible representation of something like the UN Council meeting with Celestia. Which is a great thing since we are talking about persons of diplomacy conversing with the no1 friendliest creature.

Stage three depends on a lot of factors. I am going to say that Equestria doesn't plop down on the pacific ocean and the rising waters don't kill a large percentage of the world population. Instead there is a gate or other transportation method, and we most probably will make a trade of scientists, diplomats, and perhaps of the art. Expect that stage to hold for over a decade at the very least.

In stage four we might have the very first long-time transitions, which will be a long time away.

Now, how is this going to be handled on a Humanity political and non-political level?

First of all, opportunitists will try to do their thing, and many of you already go, "oh, it is all fucked," based on pop media and expectations. To this I contend that we already have a weapon against this. Pop media itself. The people who do this, the religious fanatics, the political dissenters, the conspiratists, have been so clearly identified as a problem and an inner enemy that they will be hard pressed to find any support. Oh, the stupid ones will fall for the stupidity spouted, but they will fall for it as they have already fell for everything so far. Seeing aliens won't make the idiots multiply like rabits. We will have the same numbers as we always have, and if they have managed to do shit-all for progress and decency, then they will continue to do shit-all for all now.

Frankly, to believe that we will fuck it up because we "always fuck it up" is insulting. We have been on nothing but an upward curve so far, and the only reason some atrocities feel so humongous in this age is simply because of their rarity and condemnation where decades before they would be seen as normal.

What I am trying to say is, stay away from the edge. It is for the fools, not the wise.

Religiously, yes, there is going to be some concern from some people. Westboro and the likes will have found a new devil. They have been doing so like every week. Nothing changes. Dogmas and explanations to fit our mythologies will come, popes will do their explanations, and the ponies will find their niche in time, especially as benefits of our relationship with them start flowing in.

Yes, benefits. Can you even imagine what progress awaits with just the CONCEPTS that we will come up with applications of the new forces discovered? Whoo, boy! Who in their right mind will want them gone or hurt? The real powers that might have a chance of turning people against them will be urging us to freaking hug them and love them when they see what is going to roll in their coffers.

Now, the questions themselves.
But how do you think our law work on them?
Diplomatic status at first. Contact with actual populace will be minimum for decades. Which means we are talking, especially after contact with them, about a radically different society. I expect integration simply. Follow the law of the land when immigrants start rolling in, both sides.
Will they have the same rights as us humans?
I do not see any possible reason why not. In first world country, hatred of this kind is going to booed down, and considering this will come way down the line, after we know about them and began very profiting trade, this would be extremely stupid and an egregious mistake. Yes, the law will give them same rights. We simply know that well by now. Remember that we are actually far more prepared for this eventuality mentally that we think thanks to acclimatation by movies and stories. It is just that in these movies and stories this acclimatation is absent for the sake of conflict. Don't mistake them for current reality.
Perhaps a few variations or limitations. No fucking around with the weather while on Earth or something like that, but generally, same thing.
Will they be considered human or sapient creatures as well?
Sapient. Human will denote our species, ponies theirs. Their sapience is EASILY proved by simply asking them a question and them answering. It is not a hard test.
What about marriage and other types of intimate relationships, will that be allowed?
Consider how long it has taken for gays to be accepted. Now consider the exponentially must faster rate that transexuals (is that the right term?) have. Remember we are also talking about future generations at this point and culture that will be shaped by extraterrestial knowledge and knowing we are not alone in the universe. Yeah, it will. There might be a few blocks or some difficulties, but nothing that won't be crushed down in the end.
What about alliance and technology?
Definitely alliance. War with them would be dreadfully stupid with almost zero gain against those provided by alliance. Tech will OF COURSE be traded with. Hell, do you think Apple will not sell their iPhone to ponies when they pay in fucking gold coins?
Will Equestria be considered as another country or something else entirely?
Now that is an interesting question and one that will probably take FAR more debate in such a setting that anything. How do you classify that, and how do you classify us? The easiest answer, and most practical solution short term, is another country. This may vary later on.

Of all the negative views and theories I received, your logic, optimistic, and factual arguments are the best one. Seriously, that was beautiful. That really returns my faith in humanity. 11/10, you're awesome! :pinkiehappy:

But since you've already make a pretty darn good argument, I'm gonna try not to analyze but summarize it.

1. The Diplomatic and Political issues will be dealt carefully with people who's already tasked in doing this sort of thing. Exchange of data, culture, and many more alliance building will be much easier since Equestria itself has already dealt with these sort of thing.

2. All those pop-cultures and medias brimming with idiots will be hard pressed in stopping this glorious development. Just because mankind has screw up quite a bit, doesn't mean that they will at this point. We humans have grown for the better, it's you misanthrope lot who doesn't have any faith in humanity that will be ignored by the smarter race.

3. They are human, sapient, intelligent, in everything but fingers. Okay, that's a bad analogy, but the point is: Ponies like the one in Equestria are equal to us humans. Doesn't matter if they looked different and has some weird powers. It just means that they are unique and gifted with another thing.

4. Our relationship will grow much like what happens in the real world. So is the Technology and everything else in our world. So yeah, it will probably be nice in the long run. (I mean seriously... MAGIC + SCIENCE! What kind of idiot would pass that some sort of development!?)

See that? That's an argument. Crimmar's good at this stuff.

Your move 6231764...

See that? That's an argument. Crimmar's good at this stuff.

D'awww. That's totally going in my screenshot folder... :twilightblush:

Xenophobic...

Well, tell you what, I just took a shower and half of my Alter Ego's are waking up. So...

First of all, what is Xenophobic? Answer: having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.
Is it really human's nature? Answer: Yes, it is an adaptive evolutionary trait
Finally, are we already past that stage? Answer: Some of us do and some of don't

Human's are Xenophobic in nature, they dislike, fear, and feeling repulsed by the unknown. It is their primal fear, the fear that kept them alive during the hard times in the ancient past. This fear against the unknown like ponies, aliens, and stuffs are still within us. It will certainly stop us from tolerating vastly different species in nature, but is that all?

Overtime, in our thousands of years of development, humans began to develop something else. Something that is not a part of our nature. Something mysterious and powerful that has driven humanity to this beautiful age of development. Something that quench our fear to explore, to learn, to step into the great unknown.

Curiosity... That feeling that resonates within us when we saw something new. That feeling that shapes humanity to become what it has become today. This powerful force... It leads to the two of the most beautiful and important thing about humanity itself.

We are Explorers and Creators. That's what I believe is a human's true nature. We spent a better half of our history fighting each other, going on a pointless wars, and being a general douche.

But then, we stopped, why do we stopped? Because we wanted to start learning about this world around us. Because we wanted make our mark in history. We all wanted to Explore and Create, that's what humanity is all about, we learn, build, and we make history. Every country wanted to grow big and develop because most leaders are Creators. Then there's the international organizations like NASA who wanted to learn, study, and research because they are the Explorers.

Then you put Equestria into the mix. Yes! People will be absolutely terrified and not accepting to this brand new life form. But I believe that our desire to Explore will lead us to learning about this brand new world. I mean, humans are more curious than cats! We plunge ourselves into space just to see the earth from the moon. We connected a massive pile of data and servers to connect people from all across the globe.

Then our desire to Create will lead to a beautiful alliance unlike any other. Just imagine, Magical Smartphones Can you get anymore cooler than that? Or maybe that's not really your thing so how about, Instant Teleportation. Grow up guys, we're talking about the greatest achievement we can possibly hope to create.

Humanity is amazing, sure most of us screw up but in the end.

We're all Explorers and Creators. :twilightsmile:

We're all Explorers and Creators. :twilightsmile:

Are we? Are we really? Or is that just the famous minority? Most of humanity aren't the great inventors and scientists. It's only a very small fraction.

Hey... Come on now, don't be like that.

Aren't you exploring the web? Exploring doesn't have to be something mind blowing or unheard of. It could start from something small like looking at the news and see what's going on outside your country. Every students is an explorer, every time you pick up a book or click a link to a story, you are exploring a new world beyond reality. New perspective unlike any other, opening up your minds and imagination. That's what it means to be an explorer, learn, to find out, to see what's going on in this beautiful world of ours.

Creating doesn't have to be inventing new technologies or devices. Aren't you creating stories? Aren't we all trying to create something in our life? Even if it's something small like a cute little shop or a new thread in HiE Forum it still counts as creating. Every workers, entrepreneurs, why are they working? To get some salary sure, but they are also trying to create a purpose in their lives. We all try to create a happy and perfect life. Whether from building an empire or building a youtube channel.

In the end, we're all creating, exploring, and share what we've learned and create. That's what makes us humans. That's what makes us different from animals. We have imagination and curiosity, to create and explore, and share it with the world. :pinkiehappy:

To be honest, the answer to "what" we are can hardly be pinpointed to a single theme. Oh sure, we are Creators. We are Explorers. We are also Fighters, we are Survivalists, we are Docile, we are Rebellious, we are Traders... the list can go on and on. You could find enough arguments or justify each choice to a degree for pretty much everything.

And all these attributes, the "famous" ones are not actually wrong. Look at the simplest thing of all; games. We love games where we explore, where we create, where we fight, where we save, where we do the Right thing. I'm not talking about video games even. Hide and seek is about searching and finding, and this is one of the oldest games there are.

I like to stick with the idea that we are people of Stories, an attribute that contains all of the rest within it. We explore because we love stories of exploration and make further stories out of these explorations. We create miracles and stories, we inspire courage within ourselves with stories of valor and turn acts of valor into stories, and everything else. There's a reason I love this site.

Stories...

I like that, very philosophical. Pretty cool yeah, who doesn't like good stories every now and then? And what better way to explore a story than experiencing it ourselves? (Just make sure it's a good kind of story.)

So basically, what I'm trying to say is... We humans have grown up from all those Xenophobic problems. We've evolved for the better, we are more curious than we are more afraid. We are more fascinated than we are disgusted. We are more accepting than we are rejecting.

So yeah, good points! (Damn you're good at this...)

I love the idea of creation through stories, something that humans are very good for. It is a concept that I first came into contact with through Terry Pratchet's book "The Hogfather." Here's is the scene. The premise is that someone tried to kill Death by destroying the idea of the Hogfather (Santa Claus) and thus removing the anthropomorphic personifications of them. Death itself took the place of the Hogfather while his adopted granddaughter, Susan, found the mortals responsible and stopped them (a very sweet scene was where he met the equivalent of the Matchstick Girl dying in the cold and he gave her life, the Robed Skeleton with a scythe being extremely happy that now, this night, he could give).

“All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."

REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

"Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"

YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.

"So we can believe the big ones?"

YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.

"They're not the same at all!"

YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.

"Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"

MY POINT EXACTLY.”

Civilization is just a story. Decency is just a story. Love is a story. Friendship is a story. Virtues are stories.

We make up stories. And then we make them reality. We ARE actual reality warpers.

Against that, what hope do the relatively few little people with guns and hate hold? We have already chosen the story we want to believe in. That we will find extraterrestrial life and if we do we will prove ourselves worthy of being the best we can be in the cosmos. Explorers, traders, creators, scientists, protectors... The stories are already there.

In other words, this whole reality around us is nothing more but Quantum Energy Waves and Particles going around with the Four Fundamental Force of the Universe. Nothing, not a single atom represent anything about we've believed in.

This world, this world you're living in, your very existence is shaped by your perspective. Everything in our world is just lies we told us, meanings that we made up, but in the end. It's okay! Because it's about our perspective, it all depends on how we look at the meaning of everything,

We can live our whole life thinking that nothing has meaning or thinking that everything has meanings. We can believe that miracles do happens or we can believe that everything just a stupid coincidence. We can believe humanity is good and nice or we can believe that humanity is bad and not nice.

It's all about looking in the right direction. It's all about our perspective.

That's what this world is all about.

“WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF YOU HADN'T SAVED HIM?
"Yes! The sun would have risen just the same, yes?"
NO
"Oh, come on. You can't expect me to believe that. It's an astronomical fact."
THE SUN WOULD NOT HAVE RISEN.
"Really? Then what would have happened, pray?"
A MERE BALL OF FLAMING GAS WOULD HAVE ILLUMINATED THE WORLD.”

“YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?”

Like I said, perspective

PS: I might gonna grab some of these delicious inspiration for my story.
PSS: And the remark about the Ball of Flaming Gas was also wrong because the Sun is made out of Plasma. (Fourth State of Matter)

I highly suggest the Discworld series, as well as more books of Terry Pratchett. Perhaps "Good Omens", written by both Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, very famous in the comic community from his Dream and the Endless comic novels. His stories are higly comedic but explore philosophical and social matters in a very serious, practical, and positive way.

PSS: And the remark about the Ball of Flaming Gas was also wrong because the Sun is made out of Plasma. (Fourth State of Matter)

It is, as all stars are, a hot ball of gas made up mostly of Hydrogen. The Sun is so hot that most of the gas is actually plasma, the fourth state of matter. The first state is a solid and it is the coldest state of matter.

To put it very simply, a plasma is an ionized gas, a gas into which sufficient energy is provided to free electrons from atoms or molecules and to allow both species, ions and electrons, to coexist. [...] A plasma is a gas that has been energized to the point that some of the electrons break free from, but travel with, their nucleus.

Nevermind, Jews do wear headdress, but it's a completely different style.

Well, ionized gas aren't gas anymore. They're plasma, not gas.

Here's an actual song about it.
(Yeah it's a kids song. But aren't we all watching kids shows?)

The sun is a miasma
Of incandescent plasma
The sun's not simply made out of gas
No, no, no

The sun is a quagmire
It's not made of fire
Forget what you've been told in the past

(Plasma!) Electrons are free
(Plasma!) A fourth state of matter Not gas, not liquid, not solid Ooh!

The sun is no red dwarf
I hope it never morphs Into some supernova'd collapsed orb
Orb, orb, orb

The sun is a miasma Of incandescent plasma
I forget what I was told by myself
Elf, elf, elf

(Plasma!) Electrons are free
(Plasma!) A fourth state of matter
Not gas, not liquid, not solid

(Plasma!) Forget that song
(Plasma!) They got it wrong
That thesis has been rendered invalid

If we're talking about the ponies being native to our world, then considering early humans, they would have been considered either a resource to be exploited or a threat to be overcome. And considering that slavery has ALWAYS been a part of human culture, likely even eons before modern homo sapiens if you count evolution, likely outcomes would be the subjugation or extermination of one species or the other.

I love how immediately all the atheists in the room start saying, “Well, see the big problem will be them religious folk! They’re the ones who will hate them ponies the most!”

Everyone worships something, be it diety, money, self, etc. There are no true atheists.

Yup. Atheists also seem to worship anything they think they can use to say anyone religious is wrong.

Y’know, reading this makes my brain warm and fuzzy. It reminded me of something interesting my history teacher once said:

Reading is staring at a piece of paper hallucinating, and writing is staring at a piece of paper lying.

It was his way of saying that nothing in history is absolutely true, yet we believe in it anyways because, well, it’s all we got. That, and a few conspiracy theories.

And as for us and ponies? It’s a damn good fairytale.

Nothing would really happen.
If Equestria would appear out of nowhere like a new island it would stay isolated for a good while, the Princesses and UN would start sending messenger and begin communications, while scientists would try to figure out how something fictional can be real and there the whole concept of magic to sort out and near immortal horses.
Religiosus people would have a mental breakdown as there is no mention of ponies in any religion and yet there they would be defying everything we knew.
Ponies would also have a their minds blow due to being in a new more advanced world but also finding out that they’re form a cartoon and the sheer amount of porn of them, their world few would also be challenged.
For the princess not much would have changed, they would continue to play the political game as they always did, remember Equestria is not the only nation on thier world, the Princeses have to very well versed in politics to avoid war for as long as they did against Diamond Dogs, dragoons, yaks, griffins, zebras and many others that weren’t mentioned in the show.
Lastly if Equestria Girl was cannon for theses ponies they would have already had some insight on us as much as we have on them which would make things much easier and faster.

HEY now, not everyone with religion would go 🦍💩. We might have to reevaluate our view of things, but that would be normal for most people.

I knew this would definitely come up, and lo and behold, it's the first comment I read.

Hooray, a rational and factual answer for once! But yes, I agree with you (though I could never word it as well as you).

Really, I think everything in the world, heck, the universe, has someone who hates it. But, it's really a matter of how loud they are. If they build a big presence on the Internet, or are taken up on the news, there will be (stupid) people who'll believe them, and that hatred will spread. However, most people won't be affected, and it will never spread as much as some people seem to think. This goes for such ideas and beliefs as conspiracy theories, too. At least, that's my opinion on the matter.

But then, that hatred (or belief) seems to spread far. This is due to the fact that the haters are loud, especially on the Internet, whether it's on social media sites, YouTube, or their own blogs. And to the average person surfing the Internet, it seems that the belief has spread far and wide, and while it technically has — as in the idea of hating an object — few people actually hate it, so it hasn't really spread far and wide.

Related to this matter, is why stupid people seem to be rapidly increasing these days. In the past, global communication for the average person wasn't as advanced as nowadays (read: Internet), so people couldn't spread stupid beliefs widely, and most people will never notice them, since they don't have a noticeable presence. However, now that the Internet is a thing, people can spread their beliefs (or at least, the ideas of their beliefs) widely, it seems to us that the number of stupid people have increased, since they now have a bigger presence than they did in the past. So while it seems stupid people have increased (well, they have, a bit, since more people are exposed to these ideas and start believing them, but not by much), in reality, only their presence increased.

If you think about it, you can take this as proof that the world around us can really be changed by our perception of things, too.

So, there'll definitely be people who hate ponies, and they'll definitely have a big presence, since another sapient species suddenly appearing is no small thing. However, there won't be much of them (relatively), though it'll seem like there's a ton of them

Now, I think that everyone is all so serious in this thread, so let's have fun while discussing about this. I'll provide something that might be fun to think about.

On the matter of ponies appearing in our world, does MLP:FiM exist in this hypothetical world? Since if if does, we'll definitely be in for a lot of chaos (Discord would love it).

Just imagine the ponies' reactions to it, and also those of MLP haters, and those who'll learn of MLP for the first time.

Also, funny question. Would that mean that until better sources of information for learning about ponies are obtained, world leaders and people going to Equestria have to watch MLP? Cause that would be hilarious. It might even be shown in schools. Us bronies would become valuable sources of information. In fact, some of us might become (temporary) advisors to the governments. :rainbowlaugh:

So, what do you guys think of my ideas and questions?

P.S. What do you think of my avatar? I just recently selected it, and would like some opinions on it.

Hooray, a rational and factual answer for once! But yes, I agree with you (though I could never word it as well as you).

Fuck yeah, since he's been around I've been able to palm a lot of this off to him, much as Europa palmed stuff off to me.

The Journey Continues...

On the matter of ponies appearing in our world, does MLP:FiM exist in this hypothetical world? Since if if does, we'll definitely be in for a lot of chaos (Discord would love it).

You know, I just can't get the idea out of my head that Discord would be one of the greatest celebrities EVER. And he would LOVE it. Constant attention AND people not just loving but asking for more (with the understanding that he flicks his fingers and fixes it all back to normal after a little while) of his jokes? It would be paradise for him.

Also, for some reason, I think he would be a fan of online personality quizzes.

Fluttershy, you must simply do this one as well. It is incredibly fun! I am Deadpool, obviously! Come on, do it too! Yes, just tick what you think, no, no, you are definitely more like this, yes, yes, no, yes, maybe... yes, yes, keep clicking... Ah. Hmm... Wolverine.

The quiz has spoken! *flicks fingers*

Fluttershy screams as adamantium claws emerge from her hooves.

Just imagine the ponies' reactions to it, and also those of MLP haters, and those who'll learn of MLP for the first time.

Complete and utter confusion for the ponies, followed by extreme shame. Maybe a few of them will try to find and lynch what they think is the most probable cause (Discord).

As for the MLP fans?

Would that mean that until better sources of information for learning about ponies are obtained, world leaders and people going to Equestria have to watch MLP? Cause that would be hilarious. It might even be shown in schools. Us bronies would become valuable sources of information. In fact, some of us might become (temporary) advisors to the governments.

I think they would go the writers for that. You know what would be extra fun? If some parts of the fanon are true. Try to imagine agencies like the CIA trying to dig through every piece of fanfiction and fanart in order to collate information.

...Oh god, when they get to foalcon...

P.S. What do you think of my avatar? I just recently selected it, and would like some opinions on it.

I, uh... *coughs* looks ok. Lyra is always good. I, uhm, wonder what site that could possibly be! I HAVE NO IDEA AT ALL!!!

It'll be a classic "alien first contact scenario". Of course, the first thing will probably be testing of the atmosphere and biosphere before any actual contact to ensure we don't give them any population wiping plagues and vice-versa.

And maybe then cautious remote interactions via television and radio and intel gathering.

Personally, I like to think once it's found out they're sapient, people will start treating them like Humans. Although realistically speaking, there will always be fundamentalists of all kinds decrying their presence as a sin/abomination/whatever. But hopefully, those people don't get to dictate how the world as a whole greets these aliens.

In a perfect multiverse, equal rights, Equestria (as well as the other nations on their planet) are recognized as countries, and all ends in harmonious unity.

But... then again... Trump's the president... maybe we should hold off on getting to Equestria for another 3 and a half years

Complete and utter confusion for the ponies, followed by extreme shame. Maybe a few of them will try to find and lynch what they think

Well, shame for those featured in episodes at least. Oh, hey, I wonder what Starlight would think of the various dystopias in The Cutie Re-Mark? It would make her feel very guilty, to say the least.

Oh no, I just though of the fandom infighting. Shippers and haters and lovers alike, they'd want ammo for their ideas, and I don't know what they'd do if the ponies their ideas are centered around exist. It might become Fame and Misfortune all over again, but with humans. :facehoof:

I think they would go the writers for that. You know what would be extra fun? If some parts of the fanon are true. Try to imagine agencies like the CIA trying to dig through every piece of fanfiction and fanart in order to collate information.

...Oh god, when they get to foalcon...

Oh yeah, I forgot about the MLP staff; they'd be gold mines of information for the government. But then again, there are only so many of them, and much more of us. If bronies become advisors, they'll probably be more like "a second opinion" advisors. Oh no, forget about the government, we'd be mobbed by the general public. :rainbowderp:

Also, I think the CIA has seen far worse. No, you need to imagine the ponies' reaction to the fandom. The government might as well try to prevent them from using the Internet freely at all costs; it would ruin their image of humanity. A controlled flow of information, along with a lot of warnings and disclaimers for the ponies trying to read fanfiction, heck, the whole internet (think of the dark side) would probably be best. After all, there are evil ponies (though there are probably far more evil humans), and if they understand that the truly bad humans are the minority, I think it'll be fine.

Edit:
I've just come across a short description of "Cupcakes" — and then its TV tropes page — and I shudder to think about how the ponies will react to it. In fact, I shudder to think how ponies will react to the GrimDark and Clop genres at all. :twilightoops:
But then, it does explain why most reaction videos to "Cupcakes" I've come across have a horrifying picture of Pinkie as a cover image, since I didn't know about "Cupcakes" or its animation until now.

I, uh... *coughs* looks ok. Lyra is always good. I, uhm, wonder what site that could possibly be! I HAVE NO IDEA AT ALL!!!

I tend to focus more on the funny side of that picture; it was the funniest picture I came across while searching for an avatar, after all, and it seemed like something extreme fanon Lyra would do. Really, look at her face (and if you haven't noticed, what she's searching for). :rainbowlaugh:

Also, I can't get understand the readings on my sarcasm/lie detector when I put it near your sentence, care to help?

I wonder what ponies would think of the dark side of humanity, like WWI and WWII. They understand the concept of war, but I don't think they had one in over a thousand years a long time. I think that while they'd be horrified/shocked at first, with a bit of time they'd understand that every pony has a dark side, however small, and that not all creatures are alike (after all, I think mankind is darker than ponykind in general). They're nice like that. :twilightsmile:

Also, I'm pretty sure that they understand democracy, and why there are very few monarchies remaining in the world, along with why there were so many revolutions. :twilightblush:

But... then again... Trump's the president... maybe we should hold off on getting to Equestria for another 3 and a half years

We definitely should, or at the very least, explain that he isn't an accurate representation of humanity as a whole (he'd be a pretty accurate representation of an ignorant fool, though), and that he isn't to be taken seriously.

In fact, I once saw a TV show that compared Trump's speeches to sentences made by the auto-suggest of an iPhone. It was found that the iPhone was as good as, if not better, than Trump. And I agree. Here's an example.

iPad Mini auto-suggest:
"The government of national unity and the other hand is the only thing that would make it a lot of fun to use it for a few years back on my way home and sleep all night and I'm still not sure what I was a great way of life and the other hand is the only thing that would make it a lot of fun to use it for a few years."

Have fun imagining Trump saying that.

Could be worse. We could have Hillary as president. Really dodged a bullet on that one:rainbowwild:

Hillary: Very experienced and was involved in a scandal about private email. Has a husband who WAS THE PRESIDENT.

Trump: Went bankrupt multiple times, has an ego the size of russia, and talks about how he wants to nuke countries and build a wall to keep the citizens of a major US trade partner from coming in.

wat is wrong with you?

Got it. A heavily biased paper in favor of the right is TOTALLY correct 100% on the candidate they don't support.
yeah....

also we are humans, not ponies

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 63