Human in Equestria 16,836 members · 17,015 stories
Comments ( 83 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 83

Ugh, don't know how to post the story in this place and what if my story falls in detail of the catagories?

First of, you need to create a story in your account. Then, you need to create a chapter (at least). There are two kinds of publishing. Chapter publishing, which means that the chapter is now viewable by readers and you need to have at least 1 chapter, and at least 1 thousand words total, which means you could have 2 chapters of 500 words, for instance. The second type of publishing, is where you publish the STORY. This being your first story, it will undergo review by the site's holy inquisition. If it is found to pass the marks (not break any of the rules that are posted in the site rules—check at top of site) it will be published for everyone to see and read. Remember to publish at least 1k worth of chapters before posting the story, though. This can take from hours to a day or two, depending on how much reviewers have to go through as you're not the only guy publishing stories. Remember, first publish some chapters, then the story. Also, don't forget the descriptions, long and short, and a cover if available (highly recommended).

The categories, as long as they're not complete fabrications, are going to be fine. You tag the story mostly for the benefit of your readers so they can find a story that's up to their liking and know what they are going to see. If you're unsure about any of them, there's a guide (again, check top of site) or ask the story reviewers. For best effect, remember that less is more, and go for the main elements or what you think believes to be warned of. If you have a single Original Character that's going to make a single appearance and say 5 sentences, you don't need to have the OC tag, for instance.

Thanks for the advice (my story was rejected anyway though it may be a long time)

Someone by the name of "dferbrt" has been continuously spamming stories in the "Hie" feed for a few days now. Honestly, kind of annoying, and I'm apparently not the only one who thinks this. Commenting on the user's page asking for him to refrain has been fruitless. Not sure if what he or she is doing is actually violating any rules or if I'm just being OCD. Was just wondering if anything could be done.

Alright, so it's my first time talking on one of these forums but anyway...I have a story, HIE of course, but the ratings aren't really looking so good. The only thing I want is some actual feedback from people who know what they're doing. I don't think this counts as self-promoting since I'm just asking for a constructive response because the most that I've gotten was that I'm too wordy and that I'm a bit repetitive with my wording. So where should I go to ask for feedback for my story? Because I always wanted to do this and I'm sorry to the admins if they see this as self-promoting but from what I can see, everyone in this group is quite smart and would just tell you what the problem is and not sugarcoat it.

Can there be some guidelines for commenting in threads as I've seen comments that are a long the lines of Oh no not another reaction thread and they don't add to the discussion.

You mean like, I don't know, rules? Well, sir, you are in luck! Reaction threads, that have basically been 90% of the recent thread activity are covered under Rule No. 5!

5. "For fun" threads are allowed, but threads that clearly belong somewhere else may be removed. In addition, 'for fun' threads that are a repeat of the last ten 'for fun' threads will also be removed.

So, yeah. Reaction threads are currently against the rules as they are repetition of the same thread. Ta dah! Turns out the guy going "oh, no, not another reaction thread," is right. Who knew?

Actually they're not against the rules.

Did you think I pulled that quote out of my ass? Or do you think that "threads that are a repeat of the last ten 'for fun' threads will also be removed" do not cover reaction threads because they're not explicitly named?

I know that's an actual rule, I read the rules, and I do so believe that it relates to a repeat of the exact thread.

Then you believe wrong. Reaction threads are the same type. By your logic, if I put up fifty reaction threads of "how would ponies react to music band ————" and change the band at each thread, then that's allowed. If that's not retarded, I don't know what is.

Question; My fic is an action-adventure that not only has a lot of cursing but can get pretty violent. The rules say no NSFW fics, but ones with lots of swearing are fine just as long as you keep the sexually graphic content out of it, which my fic doesn't have. My question is, as violent as it can be (rated M) is it ok to post it here, or would it still violate the rules?

Main question: Do I post the story in each folder it fits in?

I mean, there is a ton of stories where this occurs, so I'm sure.

Are we allowed to ask for feedback on our stories?

Story comments, I'd say. Can we ask for those on this group?

Okay, makes sense. Thanks so much for the help! I'll look for comments elsewhere.

Are there any restrictions on how many categories/folders we can add our story to? Shortly after publishing my story, I added mine to the Adventure folder. However, now my story has progressed farther with the relationships having started and includes clop scenes. Would it be acceptable to have my story added to the clop folder as well?

If this has been answered or posted somewhere else, I apologize, but I couldn't find it or misread it.

Thank you for the clarity.

Are stories allowed if the 'human' is a demi-human/sub-human

need help with idea's and punctuation this is the story i,m doing the human vrn of pinkie pie goes from nice to insane because she lost her friends and broke the mirror in the pony world after pony pinkie from cupcakes throws her in and over time pony pinkie learns to use her pinkamena side for good instead of evil by becoming friends with the human mane six while human pinkie uses a double sided axe and murders the ponyfolk in ponyvile at the end i,m ganna have a battle of the good vs the bad pinkamena

I have a fic with humans in it but I haven't the slightest idea on what category to put it in.

[Adult story embed hidden]

Help me 😆

Thardoc
Group Admin

based on the tags probably Dark

Comment posted by Queuefka Palazzo deleted Apr 10th, 2023
Comment posted by Thardoc deleted Apr 10th, 2023
Comment posted by Queuefka Palazzo deleted Apr 10th, 2023

I've got to ask, how exactly are the views tallied, and what metrics are actually displayed?

When I look in the corner of my story's page, it says I've only got hundreds of views. But when I click on it and hover over the characters, it says my totals are in the thousands.

How exactly is all that counted and displayed? Does the corner stat just count the individual users that have viewed my story? When the total views are counted in the charts, does that include views on individual chapters?

I'm genuinely curious.

Does this group accept stories that deal with somewhat normal humans entering the uncanny Technicolor world of Equestria Girls?

Thank you for that information

:trollestia:

You're looking for the 'Looking for Story' thread section instead. this is for general questions and concerns.

IMO, there's enough Harry Potter crossovers that they could use their own thread.

:trixieshiftleft:

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 83