Sunset Shimmer 4,925 members · 6,762 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

Hi, making this thread because I need some help coming up with ideas on how to start a clopfic with Sunset shimmer and the mane five 5 (Twilight will be absent). I have a pretty good idea of how I want to go about it once introductions are made, but I'm having trouble envisioning with the beginning.

What I WANT to do is have the first page or so dedicated to establishing Shim-Shim's current state at the school: it's in between movies, a good deal of time has passed since her attack on the school, and she's been on her best behavior for a while. I want her to do... something to show that she's really trying to put herself out there and repair her image, but despite what she does, the other students aren't buying it. That way it can buy some sympathy from the reader, before AJ comes along with her friends, and she says some words of encouragement, and (trying to) cheer her up.

The thing is, I can't really figure out what that something should be. Something to do with the school, something she can do on her own and away from the other girls (to show that she's still not best friends with them quite yet), and something that's in an area with a lot of other student passerby's.

Any ideas?

Update: all done, story is up! Very explicit descriptions of sex, so be warned.

Volunteering for activities like decorating the school, bake sales, fundraisers, and such. Passing out hand-made Christmas cards. Vlogging about the things she admires about those around her. Offering to help out wherever she can. Writing her own bra size on the wall of the boys' bathroom.

Shim-Shim

AAAHHHHHHH IT BURNS XD

Hmmm. Well, off the top of my head... possibly heading up a fundraiser? The school would certainly need it given the damage she caused. The details of said fundraiser could be anything from a big school event (a show, a bake sale, whatever) to her just going around town asking for donations or selling candies or what have you. For extra points, she could pledge some of the proceeds to charity.

Just something that show she's trying to help, and everyone would see her working at it selflessly and be free to draw their own conclusions. (EDIT: If you want to pump up the drama/emotion factor a bit, have her efforts go really badly while she's going it alone -- then have anyone who eventually comes around to trusting her enough pitch in to help out.)

This could also buy her some points with the principals, though what you do with that is up to you. They'd be good guides/pep-talkers, if nothing else.

Well, well, if it isn't my eternal rival. :rainbowlaugh:

(Also if Sunset isn't handing out holiday cards in the next IDW special I'll be sad now, thanks a lot)

Shim-Shim

That is fucking adorable.

Oooh! New idea! Sort of in a parallel vein to things that have already been suggested, but.

Make up some kind of traditional endeavor that CHS does every year to... I dunno, help people or spruce up the town whatever. It's a thing that usually brings the school together, where the cliques put aside their differences and simply work together for once.*

Sunset, signs up for the commitee, seeing this as the perfect way to show goodwill . The rest of the student body thinks otherwise. Instant usable drama and heartache.

(*There's a Winter Wrap-Up analogue in here somewhere, but I've just woken up.)

I immediately thought of these pictures. Perhaps they'll inspire you.

3862764 be easy on sunset simmer she is better now

She certainly is. She's Better Than Ever.

3863135 she is trying to fix her mestake that she did at the fall formal

She's Better Than Ever.

Hue

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough - I'm a big fan of Sunset Shimmer myself, so you don't need to defend her! :raritywink:

3863244 I am sorry, I am so used to defending me and character, do you forgive me.
:applecry::applecry::applecry::applecry::applecry:

3862634 Shim-Shim. That's fucking awesome.

She could participate in a bake sale selling some of her favorite foods from when she was young...but it turns out that her snacks are literally made from grass and hay.

I particularly like these ideas. I don't know if I'm going to have Sunset baking anything herself, but acting as the cashier, and handing out the goods the students purchased.

"Hi there, would you like to buy some Baked Cake goods? All the proceeds go towards repairs for Canterlot high!"
"Repairs, huh? You mean from when you went crazy and destroyed it yourself, right?"
"... Yeah. That."
Then after she's left alone, Applejack and the others can come in to cheer her up.

o, manners! :facehoof:
Thank you all for your help with this situation of mine. Feel free to keep pitching ideas, but I think I actually have what I need. You're all awesome

But you did nothing wrong! No worries, mate! :twilightsmile:

3862634 how about that sunset simmer stand I'm the midldle of aj, rainbow dash, rarity, pinkie pie, and flatershy are fighting and simmer try to stop them from fighting.

No thanks; the fact that the main characters were (yet again) squabbling over themselves was my least favorite part of both movies except brad of course

I hate to necrobump, but I just wanted to once again thank everyone who pitched an idea for how to handle Sunset in the clopfic I wanted to write; it was an overwhelming success. In fact, it did in about a month what took my last EQG story to do. This is probably one of the stories I'm most proud of in terms of length and character depth and progression. I also think it turned out to be a very sweet emotional story as well.
If anyone feels like checking out something explicit but heartfelt, you can check it out here yes, shameless self-promotion, fite me m8

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21