Sunset Shimmer 4,934 members · 6,779 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

And the sun has set! Minor spoilers a'followin' this sentence.
Ok, so Twilight outsmarted ancient magic mirror-makers by making a portal they can apparently use on a whim, which means Sunset Shimmer can now return to Equestria at pretty much any time, moon cycles be damned! And then there's the potential chaos of anyone else that decides they want to take a peek at the other world. (I'm guessing the Dazzlings are completely powerless without their ruby things, or they'd just hop through the portal for instant season premiere/finale action.)

So, if you've seen the movie or didn't and read the spoiler anyway, thoughts? On possible fanfic plot points or the sequel to Equestria Girls as a whole?

One more spoiler, for after the credits:From the looks of things, the next EQG will be about the other Twilight, who's apparently been investigating the weirdness at Canterlot High. Glad someone's at least looking into it. >_>

3663086 Personally, they looked more like Dragons than Sirens.

Cinemare Sins is going to have a word about this when he does the EWW EQG 2 video.

Also, I call Bullshit on the Dazzlings losing their ability to sing at the end.

On another note, if someone did an honest trailers for Rainbow Rocks, I can see "Chinese Folklore" in the "Starring:" segment at the end.

3663118 I too believe it's stupid that they lost their singing ability. At much the destruction of their necklaces should have only made them powerless, as in not 'dazzling' anyone anymore. But since they're sirens, they totally should keep their singin'.

3663086 I really wanna see Human Twi in the next movie, it's what I wanted from Rainbow Rocks, after all. And who knows, maybe she will get into the portal and to Equestria and have some misadventures there? I personally want Sunset doing more cute scenes like the selfie one.

Well my first reaction was-
"Wow, they really did make a 180 on Sunset's reformed personality.":ajbemused:

But the biggest highlight for me was a certain scene that reminded me of a chapter of a certain (awesome) fanfic on here! I almost want to call BS on the writers not allowed to look at fan-stuff. 'Cause the scene I'm referring to, has way too many things similar to be a coincidence.:pinkiegasp::duck:

Oh, and is weird of me to think 'Dick' Flash Sentry is 20% more interesting than regular Flash?:rainbowhuh::pinkiecrazy:

Are you talking about "Getting back on her hooves"?

Ummm...never heard of that one.:twilightoops::twilightsheepish:
I'm talking about Long Road to Friendship .

It's not weird, I think, if only by the principle that bad (or in this case, just kindof mean) characters are generally more interesting than the (usually) better-behaved protagonists. 'Dick' Sentry had one of the most relevant lines in the movie for Sunset's struggle with acceptance.

"Now there's the bad girl we all love to hate!"

Ouch. The talk she has with Twilight about expectations was nothing if not reinforced by that scene, perhaps a little more by Trixie rubbing it in a minute later, Sunset getting angrier at the notion that she meant the Rainbooms harm than she does anything else in the movie. Raging She-Demon jokes might be in poor taste.

Just take everything you loved about Sunset's redemption in RR and apply it to Trixie. And you got it.

Yeah, that must be it.
Damn! How did I miss that line?:twilightoops:
Totally agree with that except I'd say:
"Now there's the bad girl we all love!":heart::rainbowdetermined2:

The talk with Twilight is the scene I'm talking about! All it needed was for them to fall asleep while hugging each other to have made it better.:heart::twilightsmile:
But Maud's appearance made up for it.:pinkiehappy:

ACH!:facehoof:
Honestly, I wanted to punch the next alt. Mane 5/6 that made another demon reference!:twilightangry2:
And how Sunset shrugs it off with "None taken."
:flutterrage:"Stop using the Mule's line, Sunset!"

Albi
Group Contributor

3727802 Or maybe the author is just psychic like that. :trixieshiftright:

For realizes.

3728606 Though the Twilight was different, I believe that it was the only logical course of action, to have Twilight and Sunset bond with a serious, quiet and small, yet very meaningful talk. As seen when Twilight comes to the human world again, she hesitates to take Sunset's hand, which kind of made me want to punch her, since she was the first one in giving her a second chance, but it's later important in the development of Sunset's redemption and her acceptance by the school body.

But, boy, the fact that it was IN Pinkie's house, IN her kitchen, AFTER a slumber party, AT night, and Maud in the end of the scene... Just wow...

Though the Twilight was different, I believe that it was the only logical course of action, to have Twilight and Sunset bond with a serious, quiet and small, yet very meaningful talk.

Then kiss! :rainbowkiss:

3729549 Nuu they only friendz! Sunset must make Trixie go to the rainbow side and then kiss hur!

Anyway, how do you feel that the scene after credits was not shown in the TV format? I know that by now a good amount of people already saw it nonetheless, but still... If I hadn't watched the full version before, I'd have no idea about it...

Lol.:rainbowlaugh:
Maybe?:duck::derpytongue2:

But, boy, the fact that it was IN Pinkie's house, IN her kitchen, AFTER a slumber party, AT night, and Maud in the end of the scene... Just wow...

I know right?:pinkiegasp::rainbowderp::twilightoops:
Yeah, different Twilight (who built a 'WTF?' machine using the mirror and a 'vibrating' book:ajbemused::facehoof:), but pretty much the exact set-up.:moustache:

:rainbowkiss::twilightblush:

Why didn't it happen?:raritycry:

Meh, to each his/her own, I guess. :applejackunsure::rainbowwild:
I didn't even realize there was more when I first watched this!!:pinkiegasp::raritydespair:
After the "Dear Princess Twilight" spiel, I was like "Okay, I'm done for the night.":ajbemused::ajsleepy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15