The Collab Group 111 members · 90 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31
superpony55
Group Admin

Suggest some collabs! :twilightsmile:

Arcticbrony
Group Admin

alright going to put down a couple of ideas thats been buzzing around in my head for a while. so if anyone's game just say the word.

title: not decided yet
Hie:
a diver is knocked unconscious when exploring an underwater cave. when he wakes he hasbeen transported to equestria and has been taken in by seaponies to prevent him from drowning. The main character ends up caught inbetween the seaponies and the land ones as a negotiater as they are on the brink of war.

Arcticbrony
Group Admin

Title. not decided.
Crossover (banjo kazooie), originally a one shot but that can easly change.
Discord had finally been defeated and the ponies of ponyville are busy cleaning up the town. Pinkie Pie finds some lingering dimensional rifts caused by the caos and decides to jump in (because why not) the portal leads to the bottom of a certain shorts wearing bears backpack. join pinkie on her random shennanigans as Banjos companion while Kazooie is trapped with Fluttershy.

Comment posted by Arcticbrony deleted Jun 11th, 2013

I'll join your collab!

Arcticbrony
Group Admin

sorry took a while to respond, just got home from work.
lately i have been swamped with work so i dont know how much time i would be able to set off to write.
if you still want to do it, it will probably be wery slow (on my part) but you are more than welcome to steal the idea for yourself too.

Near Dawn (placeholder title)

Aiming for a romantic-comedy type feel with a bit of drama thrown in.

Light (Placeholder name) is a day guard, dark (also a placeholder name) is a night guard. Light is relaxed, easy-going (and distracted), all-round nice mare. But Dark is a lazy, but talented stallion that uses effort to avoid work. As part a plan to foster camaraderie and increase efficiency, the two have been assigned to each other. An unlikely friendship, coupled with rumours of organized crime on the rise means they are about to get a hell of a lot closer.

A potential way I see this working is we decide on the events of that going to happen in some detail, and then each author writes from one of characters point of view. This would leave a two sides, same story feel.

superpony55
Group Admin

1101936>>1100473

Go ahead and make a Notes thread and a Collab thread whenever you're ready!

(Title Pending)

Adventure, Comedy, Alternate Universe (literally, not just an AU fic)

Twenty years in the future, four bronies (fanboy ponies, not humans) decide to visit their idols. Since Ponyville is now a hotspot for tourism, they decide to find alternate means of transportation and accidently steal a time machine. Unfortunately, there's more to time travel than just going back....

It will start out as a parody of HiE brony fics (with ponies!) visiting Ponyville, but slowly develop a plot revealing a connection between the main characters and the Mane 6, and the implications of time travel... having an interest in time travel theories and pseudoscience will be greatly appreciated.

If someone is willing to collab with me, I will hand control of a character to you, and we can alternate chapters as long as we establish certain set perimeters.

Are we allowed to post a thread with our idea?

superpony55
Group Admin

Please post your idea here. :twilightsmile:

So, I'm writing this, and after I finish the epilogue, I have a set of side stories I want to write. However, it would be awesome if anyone would like to collab over the side stories!

These side stories are going to be combined into one story to be posted, but every chapter can be written by a different person!

The plot of these side stories are ponies coping with Pinkie's death. I want to start with the Mane 6 first before doing any background ponies. No OCs, sorry.

On Our Own

Set in the Five Score, Divided by Four Universe

Little Horn, a young unicorn filly, is learning her magic studies all over again after her ordeal in her own story, aptly titled, Little Horn's story.

Under the guidance of her cousin, Harmony, Little Horn is able to make connections with some fillies and a colt her age that need help when four humans end up transformed into the Cutie Mark Crusaders (with Babs Seed), Duo, a new colt and Princess Luna's nephew (played by JXWheeler) is helping out with writing for the Crusaders.

Little Horn had a foalhood friend and classmate in Magic Kindergarten, named Blue Skies. They haven't seen each other since Discord's attack on equestria. Hopefully, if Blue Skies does make an appearance it will be a wonderful reunion and a welcome addition to the Cutie mark crusaders.

Hello everybody! Just needing somebody to help/collab(if you want) with my new story! Send me a message so we can get started and get to know each other. If you do indeed help me I will give full credit in the top of the story description. THANK YOU!

Title: Flash Sentry vs. The World
Adventure,Human,Anthro

Flash Sentry is head over heels in love with this world's Twilight Sparkle but Sunset Shimmer and the rest of the girls aren't gonna make it easy for him. He has to prove to each one of them why he is worthy to date her! Will he ever get to take Twilight out on a date?

A Gentle Breeze of Change

Set in the Five Score, Divided by 4 Universe

Synopsis: Four siblings end up becoming Pegasi mares after they gain the Cutie Mark of their respective ponies. Autumn Breeze, Summer (my Original Character), Winter, and Spring are based on the 4 seasons and eventually help other humans turned ponies (unicorns, Pegasus, or Earth ponies). Along the way, they end up meeting the Mane 6 and Spike, and eventually help save Equestria from the evil Discord and his minions.

On Our Own
Set in the Five Score, Divided by 4 Universe

Join Little Horn and her cousin, Harmony Trebleheart as they work together to help other humans who have turned into ponies. Some of these ponies are familiar to Little Horn from school, while others have been recently discovered after responding to Harmony and Little Horn's video message online. The ponies are planning a road trip and need help getting to Iowa. Along for the journey are the Cutie Mark Crusaders with Babs Seed, and some new friends. Even the Mayor of Ponyville and Granny Smith have been found wandering around and need help reconnecting with the other ponies.

These stories are in the alternate universe folder of the collab group.

PM me if you are interested in a collaboration on either of these stories.

Hey I want to start a collab with someone or a group of people. I will give the info here
Equestrian Mythology
A frame story
a small group of story tellers come to ponyville and a small groups of ponies etc. come to listen to the tells of the past

Title = The Conceptual Chronicles: Equestrian Apostles

Concept = A member of each race from a book I'm making get sent to equestria (Totalling in 7) and have to protect each of the mane six and spike, (they are anthro) from monsters from their world, and a rising evil in the land

P.S. I'll give details as to the seven races, and you can choose from the remaining races left (I took three)

PM me if interested

:pinkiehappy:4467552
I'm definitely interested! PM me with the details and ideas, and I'd love to help!

The New Canterlot Academy of Magic: Trials of the Elements

Warning, this is more of a full synopsis than a description. I just want anyone who wants to join to know what they're getting into.

Please don't steal (if it's any good)

Warning, I plan on making multiple stories with this. You could join just for this, or stay for the whole ride.

Synopsis:

Kind of hard to start. The story is set about a century after the elements of harmony, or the Harmony Era. Since that time, things have changed.

Here is The New Canterlot Academy of Magic: Trials of the Elements

Technology is an important part of society, and the buffalo, griffins, and changlings (my theory is that there were still unchanged hives) are fighting for equal rights. Princess Luna is now the main ruler of Equestria, which has not been too harmonic since the end of the elements. They must constantly fend off attacks, and the unicorns' magic is no longer enough.

There is now a new school that teaches all tribes to harness the tangible magic that they possess. The essential building blocks of magic for unicorns, weather magic (no more factories for that) for pegasi, and earth (think plant magic plus earth bending) magic for earth ponies.

I know, that sounds like a mess. I'm horrid at giving summaries. But there is more, so onto the history!

Once upon a time, Equestria was the land filled with peace and harmony ruled by the two sisters and guarded by the Elements of Harmony. It was a beautiful and glamorous time to live in, where everypony flourished and all problems were solved by the magic of friendship.

As long as the elements stood together, nothing could defeat them. Sadly, in the end they didn't have much of a choice.

Each of the elements died one by one in gruesome ways which I'll give you the details of if you decide to help. Only Applejack makes it to old age, and the things she says in her deathbed will be brought back in the climax to help Twilight.

Only one element did not - could not pass on. Magic. Alicorns are immortal beings. When the princess of friendship lost all of her friends, she turned to dark, desperate measures to fill the void in her empty soul.

Midnight Sparkle took control of her darkened soul, vowing never to let go. As the creature wreaked havoc across Equestria, Celestial had to watch. Her old mentor, teacher, practically mother watched the dark shadow of her student cover Equestria.

She knew there was only one option to keep the ponies of Equestria safe, and it was the most horrific thing a mother could ever be asked to do.

The two sisters banished her for eternity. She was trapped within her now broken crown, forced to watch the outside world and its happiness. She grew more bitter with each and every second.

Celestia didn't take the situation well. She fell into a deep depression (Twilight was like a daughter, remember), avoiding society as much as she could as Luna took over most royal duties. She spent her day trying to fix the shattered puzzle of her heart with a missing piece.

It's kinda depressing, but now to the main plot and characters without names! There's is a unicorn, pegasus, earth pony, buffalo, griffin, and changling. Yes I have some plans for love arcs in the future, but it would be insignificant in this story. Just some subtle hints for now.

Each of the non-pony main characters shows a different way of dealing with the discrimination they face. One is violent, often getting in trouble with the law, another is peaceful and prefers to offer silent support from the sidelines, and another hides from it altogether.

Now a brief summary of each character, the basic plot, and some abject begging on my knees, and then pacing for hours until a response.

Earth Pony:
Female
Element of Magic
Main PoV (some other PoV though)
Earth Magic
Straight (shipped with unicorn)

"E" was a member of the Apple Clan, which is now (along with the Oranges) a main technological distributor. Her birth was a melancholy day for the family because her mother died in labor, and drove her father to the hard cider. In her younger years, he abused her mentally and psychologically, breaking her down and making her fear speaking her own opinions. When she turned 10 (human ages, not horses. I'm not a real equestrian) something in her father snapped. He began physically abusing her. It was then when she decided that something was definitely wrong with her family life. She called her Aunt and Uncle (orange dream and orange tang) in the city who immediately came to her rescue. They became her new loving and caring guardians. After a few years of therapy, she seemed to have recovered. She was witty, fiery, and sarcastic, though still kind, and had grown into a lovely young mare. She's a human 13 by the time she attends the academy, as are the others. The one thing she never does is reveal her true opinions on anything, instead covering it up with her loud personality. She is the element of magic because the magic of friendship flows through everyone. E is the only one aside from Luna to connect with Celestia and helps her come to terms with everything. She even becomes her apprentice. I have a horrible rough sketch (literally on a post-it note) of her cutie mark that I can send to you. She is a blank flank when she first attends the school, and is quite defensive when it is brought up. She has a pale green coat, a straw colored mane that she always pulls into a single braid, and freckles. Her eyes are a bright amber.

Unicorn Pony:
Male
Element of Honesty
Unicorn Magic
Straight (shipped with E)

"U" is brutally honest, and does not understand social cues. He doesn't see the point in lying and has no problem sharing his opinions. At some times, he can come off as slightly robotic and emotionless, though his close friends know he always has the best intentions for those he cares about. He brought his family out of extreme poverty. When he was young, his family was often moving around and they could never catch a break. He escaped this life through his writing and practice of magic. He began combining the two by writing spells. His natural talent was quickly recognized, and he began publishing books of spells. Princess Luna herself heard of the young stallion's accomplishments and invited him to apprentice under her. They grew a close bond and he gained his cutie mark (writing and the moon, also have a post-it note. Quite proud of this one) in their time together. He immediately took a liking to E, though she felt the opposite. And I only read Pride and Prejudice a little before coming up with their relationship! He has a plain white coat and a silvery mane. It was originally light blue, but the immense stress of his younger days took away the color. He still has vibrant blue eyes. His demeanor makes him seem very snooty and rude, though he is very different in reality.

Pegasus Pony:
Male
Element of Generosity
Pegasus Magic
Closet Gay (eventually relationship outside of the six)

"P" was raised by very traditional parents. His father was a world class racer, and his mother a stay at home mom. They always expected him to follow in his father's footsteps, and he always tried his best to give them that. He always did whatever others needed, even if it inconvenienced himself. He always had to give. Secretly, his passion was flying ballet. He loved dancing and could really be himself when doing that. Soon, he realized that this was what he was meant to be doing his whole life and gained his cutie mark (this post-it is the worst of them all), but he knew he could never let his parents know, so he used a special tape to hide it. He discovered around the human age of 12 that he wasn't attracted to mares like all of the other foals in his class. He was first attracted to his friend in dance, but he moved away before he could tell him how he felt. He wanted to tell his parents, but then he couldn't give them the life they wanted him to live. He kept his passion and love a secret, and always gave others what they wanted. It's really sad, but eventually he will learn to stand up and help himself every once in a while through the help of his friends, but he would still be the same generous spirit. Dark violet coat, dark blue mane, magenta eyes.

Changling:
Male
Element of Laughter
Unicorn Magic (can fly, no pegasus magic)
Don't know (I haven't thought about relationships for him much)

"C" is a a changling hatched into one of the unchanged hives. These hives still have horrible reputations, and Changlings from them are shunned, feared, shown nothing but true hatred. That's right, racism. It is absolutely horrible, so this would have to be written very carefully. Anyway, he was originally just as cruel and vicious as the other changlings, but something strange happened to this little nymph. On his first hunt (much younger than other backstories), his destination was the large city of Canterlot, to better blend in. C targeted a pony filly his age sitting alone on a bench in a park. As he gazed into her mind to find her loved ones, he was shocked to find it empty. Not even a friend. Something changed in him, and he shifted into a young colt, not to drain her of whatever she had left, but to share his own newfound love. They became close friends, but both his hive and friend grew suspicious. C finally revealed his true nature to the filly. As she recoiled in disgust and ran away, he thought nothing could be worse, but by then the hives spy's had gathered enough proof to banish him. One night, alone on the streets of Canterlot, he was sobbing in an alley when a mare (very important in future (cream coat, bright yellow mane, cherry cutie mark)) found him in his form. Instead of running away, she brought him to her home, gave him food and bed, and raised him like a son. She taught him to laugh in the face of despair, and he became really happy in his new life, hiding from the anger of the pony's. (Changling color scheme: mint; disguise: mint coat, very styled and gelled orange mane, violet eyes, smiling mask cutie mark)

That one was longer, but it's a complicated backstory - sorry! Just two more main characters.

Buffalo:
Female
Element of Kindness
Earth Pony Magic
Asexual

"B" has had the least tragic life, but it wasn't pretty. She was raised on a buffalo reservation, and I don't think I need to explain the bad conditions of those irl. They'll be carried into the story. She was raised by her father, the chief of their tribe, who was always kind and benevolent. He tried to make the best of the worst, and taught those values to his daughter. She took it very seriously, even becoming a pacifist. She never retaliates to any negative behavior towards herself, choosing instead to treat everyone with kindness in the hopes that they will follow. So nothing too tragic except for setting, which would be mildly addressed. She will be pony sized in the future due to a growth stunt and convenience, and a dark brown coat, auburn hair, and bright blue eyes with a matching headband (I made a sketch of the headband too).

Griffin:
Female
Element of Loyalty
Pegasus Magic
Lesbian

"G" was born into a rich, successful family by griffon standards. As she grew older though, she saw that there were certain things that people did not allow them to do just because they were different. She was furious. G's family tried to tell her to accept and submit to the unequal rights. She was enraged. She heard about an underground group for griffin rights and joined immediately. Sadly, this was not the best way to gain equal rights. The group held violent protests and committed illegal activities, furthering the stereotypes of griffons to society. She was arrested several times, but no matter how many times she was reprimanded, she continued on the violent fight. She is similar to Gilda style-wise, except more tan than brown, and a less bright eight. Her defining traits are accents and designs of red which I have sketched out, and amber eyes. This sketch is an abomination of nature, and I suggest not looking as much as you can.

Now the other stuff!

The school is actually more of a town for the students. It was made in Ponyville, and the castle is the academy part where they actually go to classes. I think the students will make the town very lively, street musicians on the corners, opening shops and places for entertainment. It will all have an old feel because the layout and buildings are all from a century ago, but the students would mostly enjoy it. The nightlife isn't that bad either, Luna (who is best princess!) being the ruling princess.

There is a social hierarchy at the school, the unicorns who used to go to Luna's School for Gifted Unicorns being at the top, the new ponies of different tribes are not that bad, but still looked down upon, and the single griffin and buffalo at the school are bullied endlessly. They take it in very different ways, and bond through their hardships at the school. C joins them as well, sympathizing, and is shunned as well. E is flirting back and forth, unsure of what to do. U defends them, but is still a member of the top, though he helps out a lot.

U and E absolutely hate each other at first, being polar opposites, only becoming friends at the end. They do not have anything romantic (other than chemistry) in the first one.

Midnight comes out of the crown, plans to steal the untapped magic from the school full of talented, magical foals.

Luna has hidden the other elements throughout the campus at the homes of the original elements. The new mane six (minus E) are each drawn to their elements and are tested in their own unique ways to see if they are worthy, and will see the spirit of the old element as they take their place as Elements.

Somewhere after that, E goes to visit Celestia, who tells her the full story. E helps her see that there is hope to heal, and then goes to the castle where Midnight Sparkle has taken refuge.

They have to come together, and try and use the elements against Midnight, but it doesn't work. They aren't friends and they don't have magic. When E comes in, she moves closer to the crown on top of Midnight's head, and is brought into her own test.

She goes into Midnight's mind, which is kinda of like Celestia's stalker room, but darker. She sees the real Twilight chained up and beaten on the wall. She tries to help her, but cannot simply unchain her to free her. Midnight Sparkle appears. E has to teach her to let go of the past and embrace friendship again. She says the same thing Applejack did a century ago, and changes her back to Twilight Sparkle, who then chooses to die instead of live on. E then inherits the element and goes back to the others, and they think about what thjs all means. Luna takes them back to Canterlot to help them understand what it all means. Touching moment between Luna and U, glad he's safe, she always knew he would overcome the trials...

E meets up with Celestia, tells her about her element, and then asks her to be her apprentice, finally ready to move on. It is then when E gets her cutie mark.

When they return to school, they get rooms in the castle and continue their studies. They also meet mostly in the throne room around the table which will later serve a different purpose.

Whew, (did I really just write "whew in a message?) finally done. Feel free to share your thoughts, and I really hope that someone likes it.

*Insert Abject Begging On Knees*,
CC :pinkiehappy:

Contest:

Write a Story (in Jan) about Redemption (of a villain).

I need many people for a story called "A Canterlot Play"

And it's about the main 6 and other ponies putting on a play of course, but then something terrible tragic and horrible happens and then, DRAMA!!!!

No limit as to how many can join.

Please PM for more details.

My friend Skalltrox Defiance Knight and I am working on a collab and we need your help for the story, Lavender Heart.

Basically, the main character is turned into an anthropomorphic Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends end up as the mane 6. Some group calling themselves the "Brony Analysts" have set up this little adventure in motion and perhaps help others who may end up as anthro ponies in a later chapter (I'm looking at you, Starlight Glimmer, Sunset Shimmer, Trixie, etc). There are these videos that have the mane 6 info on them and each person has a character trait that connects them to the elements of harmony, which twilight has discovered and tasked to protect along with her friends.

PM Me or Skalltrox Defiance Knight for more info. We need Pinkie Pie, Spike the Dragon, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy, with twilight and Applejack already transformed from human (some male to female transformations will happen).

Hey guys, I've tried posting this in other groups, and have seen very little interest. I'm looking for someone, or a few someones, to help with stories that I have partially written. There's a total of nine, mostly crossovers with various games I play.

From oldest to newest, they are:
My Little Mousehunters (crossover with the FB game MouseHunt. Features Twilight Sparkle.)
Battalion Wars: Equestria (crossover with the Battalion Wars series. Features most of Mane 6.)
Without a Scope (not a crossover. Features OCs.)
Mindcracked 2 (crossover with Modded Minecraft. Features Celestia and Luna, hopefully with Mindcrack players. Currently being rewritten.)
Mindcracked 2.5 (another Minecraft crossover, set at the same time as 2. Features Pinkie on Super Hostile Online server. Unreleased.)
Xenoblade Chronicles P (Xenoblade Chronicles X crossover, set on Equis. Features all of Mane 6. Unreleased.)
Paper Mario and the Council of Friendship (Paper Mario Color Splash crossover. Features Mane 6 on Prism Island. Unreleased.)
Celestia and Discord Build Spaghetti (Factorio crossover. Features Celestia and Discord. Unreleased.)
Shantae: Dance to a Different Beat (Shantae series crossover. Features Shantae and Risky Boots in Equestria. Unreleased.)

I'm looking for one or two people per story. For the crossovers, I'd appreciate having some knowledge of in-game lore. Coauthors will be credited in the description of the story they help with. PM me for more details.

I really want to get moving on these, but between work and the internet, it's tough.

I am in this collab group with a story called Lavender Heart.  It's about this guy who ends up as an anthropomorphic version of Princess Twilight Sparkle.  Her five best friends end up as the Mane 5.  There is also Trixie, Sunset Shimmer, and the CMC, as well as other anthros.
Lavender Heart
Talk to me or Skalltrox Defiance Knight for more info!

Once upon a rose
Cross-over
It is a cross over of mlp and once upon a time
It take place in the mlp world and once upon a time world with my oc being the savior for her world and helping out Emma

A new Equestria Girls displaced collab is being worked on with The Blue EM2 as EqG Apple Bloom!

Characters end up as EqG versions of the mane 6 and other MLP characters (even OC's) as the scenes from the movies/series are played out.

No Title Yet (Pending Title: The Alicorn Game)

AU Canon-Diversion, the Human world is There but it is not EQG world. EQG world does not exist.

I'm not all sure what you'd tag: many, many humans transported to Equestria, transformed into ponies in the process, and have been there long enough (1000+ years) via Crystal Empire time-loop seal spell that most don't have many memories of Earth or being human, if any memories of that at all.

Features a few OCs that might as well be MCs, but they share that role with Canon Characters Twilight, Starlight, and Sunset. Due to the nature of the time spell on the Crystal Empire and weird distance/science-magic time differences between worlds, this might as well be non-linear storytelling.

Sunset is in the human world and is the only one there to have magic / be able to use magic, and is regretting ever looking at that "stupid magic mirror".

Starlight is on her own journey to find the origin of and magic behind Cutie Marks, in the hopes to get rid of her own. Other goals pending.

Twilight won the battle against Nightmare Moon alone, without the aid of the Elements or her friends, and is asking question after question as to how she even survived, let alone won.

Looking to see how many / who all would be interested in writing this thing that won't leave me alone. More details will delightfully be given at questions / requests.

Comment posted by Switch Swap deleted Dec 7th, 2020

I’ve got a idea for a collab
It’s kinda like a rewrite of one of my older stories, but different enough to not break the Fimfiction rules

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31