Humans are Superior 4,453 members · 1,248 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

Basically I'm just wondering what people think could lead to a missunderstanding or over reaction with ponies? How would Celestia and the main six respond? Do get me wrong it's nice then everything works out in a fic but I'm will to bet many of us like it when a misunderstanding leads to conflict

5578273 The human says he eats meat, but fails to tell them that he doesn't eat ponies.

5578273 Realistically most misunderstandings could be worked out relatively quickly. More slowly in terms of a language barrier, but still nothing too conflicting. Neither the ponies on the show nor most human habits in the civilized world would be so alien as to cause offence (cant say the same about other parts of Earth however)

I saw one fic where there was a Catholic seminary in Equestria where the ponies had no concept of religion or god (just none, as far as the people in their world were concerned, the ruler was both king and god, there was no seperation of the ideas in their dominant philosophy so the dichotemy in most methods of human thinking was truly bizarre) so when Ponies witnessed a procession with Jesus nailed to a cross they took it very badly indeed. I mention it because the author was a Catholic working through these concepts logically rather than just the usual anti-religious spiel.

Religious differences and philosophical conceptions and 'realities' as far as either human or pony perception goes would actually be a decent source of conflict between the two, primarily pony conceptions of harmony and friendship actually having ontological effects in their world probably would be averse to the very idea that the same wouldnt necessarily be true for Humanity.

5578273 I'd say us using horses as animals of labor and tools of war.

Our views over the reality of "good" and "Evil". Where one persons good is anothers evil and vice versa, or that Chaos is a fact of life and a necessary event for true balance, where as pure order is not all that good in the long term.

In which direction would the misunderstanding occur? Equestria is ruled by royalty, a concept we are familiar with and they're a few hundred years behind us technologically broadly speaking. One problem humanity would have trouble with is magic and all the magically powerful beings that could possibly turn the tide of a conflict within the bounds of conventional warfare. The other is a bit more complex, from the show we see that their dimension operates under laws of physics very different than our own, allowing the cartoon physics we all are familiar with and causing the world to appear in pastel colors. If some portal opens up that somehow connects the two realities, I can see physicists getting very VERY worried about the effects of extra-dimensional particles causing irreparable damage to our space-time and our laws of physics. Still, I can't say if any conflict would come of that.

The amount of wars we had through history, some terms we use, the violence that occurs, and what we eat.

That Humans are smarter and dumber than ponies? Ya know, tell them about the whole moon thing then about the Atomic bomb or whatever?

5578303 You wouldn't happen to remember what the title was would you? :pinkiehappy:

It's not the political misunderstandings or the scientific, but rather the Cultural and Social differences between two species.

Us humans are descended from Prey/Predator species, and is shaped by the Climate we live in and over time we evolve around what we need to survive (Darker skin, smaller eyes and etc) leading to different cosmetic features from one another and views are shaped by our differences like our views on certain Ideologies or philosophies like good, bad or how destruction can equal new life in nature.

While the ponies are descended from a prey species with little to no large scale violence, and with their control over the climate and magic. They have no need to learn certain ideas, or exposure to certain things that leads to new ideas. They can lead extremely different lives from us and thus have completely different ideas and philosophies.

5578347 That's if the tear is able to allow the particles through. You could have a barrier that it incorporates that it only allows matter through. Not universal particles and energies.

5578491 And Thus different technological standings.

well in a sense we have a better grasp of scientific Technology, while they have a more advanced Magical aspect of it due to Humans never having magic.

5578663 We have a better understanding of the universe but only those that we've been able to test on earth. As we move out into space we'll be able to learn more. But we also have better weapons. Those that can wide out cities and states and leave the land uninhabitable for humans.

True. Though they do have the potential to rival us in weapons if they can focus or justify on militarizing it.

5579045 I don't think they'll be closing the gap any time soon.

I know, though one must consider that anything is possible no matter how unlikely it is.

5579159 They're at spears and crossbows. And it took humanity 700+ years to get from that point to now. By the time they have automatic weapons we'll have planet killers and Retribution-Class Battleships.

True, though I am more of a fan for the Emperor- Class ships.

5579187 Meh. I find it sucks even as a carrier. I'll take the dedicated ship fucking power of the Retribution any day.

I can't deny the power of the Retribution class, though I'm more of keeping your distance person rather then smashing thru entire ships.

5579045 Yet Their morals could prevent them, or we try our hardest to prevent them from experiencing the same fate that we have to endure.

What about our music. I listen to a lot of music like rap, rock, and metal that can easily offend the weak of heart.

Yeah, that'll probably cause some ponies to go into comas.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25