Humans are Superior 4,459 members · 1,250 stories
Comments ( 46 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 46

Our group is very diverse, many of us being from several different countries. I myself am from the United States. So, I was curious, what is your favorite uniform era of your home country? I'm particularly fond of the American Civil War era uniforms.

Sorry the image doesn't look very good.

Sweden had especially nice hats. I mean... just look at them!

3993089 I suddenly want to be from Russia or Germany dammit. :trixieshiftleft:

Today's Canadian expeditionary soldiers.

3993089 I for one am american, so... out of all our uniforms, I would choose the chocolate-chip camouflage. Cause only us Americans would name a military camo, after a food item.

Comment posted by Enduring Laughter deleted Jan 21st, 2015

3993089 While I am American, I also consider myself German from my father's side. So my answer would be the WWII uniforms of the German Armed Forces........even the barbaric SS.

3993153 Looks good. :moustache:

3993246 :facehoof: I've never thought about it like that and now that you've mentioned it, I can't stop thinking of it that way.

That's fine. I don't mind if you include the heritage of you parents/grandparents, or if you previously lived in a different country.

3993089 Uniforms from my country? All right, here goes a few...

Imperial Army & Navy:

Pracinhas in Italy (WWII):

Modern day:

I'm from the USA, and i think our best uniforms were from World War II.

Modern day Canadian Forces

CADPAT is just sexy:rainbowwild:

Lovehearts and bunnies

I'm gonna go back few centuries. Polish Hussars. Anime knights in real life. Shiny armor, wings, leopard skins, and all this while kicking ass with odds 40 to 1.

3993089 Modern day ACU of course. And confederates with uniforms? Hwah! Those incompetents couldn't even manage standardized currency, let alone distribute real uniforms. Where'd they pull those out of? Andrew Jackson's concept art folder?

3993249 What pattern are you talking about? Flecktarn? Just look at atacs au for example:

3993089 As much of a fan of WW1 and WW2 Canadian uniforms, I like modern CADPAT uniforms a little more, eh.

CADPAT is just sexy eh.

WW1's British Soldiers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421782837&v=N84Iq1PnEPQ&feature=player_detailpage&x-yt-cl=84359240
Warhorse was a great movie. I'm from Devon as well so that makes it even better. I recommend it to anyone really.

They had to cope with what they had. From what I've seen, rebels from any war usually don't tend to be too well off financially.

I can't deny... they are damn sexy. I like yours more than our ours.

I suspect you already know this, but I've recently found out that having a moustache used to be a requirement for British soldiers. :moustache:
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2012/08/from-1860-1916-the-uniform-regulations-for-the-british-army-required-every-soldier-to-have-a-moustache/

3996501 That fact made me lol the first time I heard it. Then I wondered if it was true.

3996455 The Canadian Forces know how to make our army mans look good, eh. :rainbowkiss:

3996455 Yours are pretty good too though, I love MARPATS

and NWU's

3997373 Those some snazzy looking uniforms, eh.

And you just ruined Winged Hussars by comparing them to anime.

3997446 Dude, I didn't compared Hussars to anime, I compared anime to Hussars. Most anime knights are basically Hussars without even knowing this (most of the time at least I think). Intimidating and beautiful at the same time, and unbeatable.

Besides, you got something against anime? I love it, and I would howl to the moon if I'd saw real Hussar in some anime.

Why would I not have something against anime? It's the most autistic form of art in existence. Not to mention the fucking commie weeaboos that it attracts.

3998153 Than you have some seriously bad experiences, to make you think like that.

3996440 Well, that, and the fact they were illiterate hordes as opposed to real military. These guys are nearly half the reason everybody dislikes rebel-types.

3997642 Unbeatable? Tell that to the collapsed USSR, Germany, and Post Poland Rule Ukraine.

3998201 Dude what? Hussars cased to exist for a long time before USSR even came to be. In their time, they didn't lost a fight for 125 years in a row, and they fought one war after another, and most of those were against crushing numbers. 10 to 1 was something usual for them.

I don't dislike rebels most of the time. I see it excessively in video games that rebels are (almost always) portrayed as the good guys. Despite how video games convey them, you have to remember, there are both rebels with good and bad intentions.

Thanks. :twilightsmile:
I like NWU's as well.

4004210 Fair enough. Though 85% of the time I consider rebels scumbags.

3998728 Nah, I mean like historically, post hussar, their efforts didn't mean jack. And then they never reassembled. Poland itself certainly wasn't unbeatable. Look at the French Foreign Legion if you want long lasting effective combatants.

4004248 But that pattern... sky camouflage... wtf? Almost as bad as that darker blue variant the navy uses. I know they need to signify they're navy/airforce but seriously, oceanic camouflage is ridiculous.

3993089 Ancient Illyrian Hoplites. Basically just Spartans.

4005320 That pattern isn't mean't to be a tactical pattern, the Navy has a desert and woodland variation to fulfill that role. It does have it's uses though.

3993089 From South Korea:

Honestly, everything Koreans have used since 1945 has been copied straight from America.

And from my home country, America,well,I preferred the uniforms from the end of the last century.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 46