Humans are Superior 4,454 members · 1,248 stories
Comments ( 313 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 313

CLOSED!

Premise:
Equestria is under attack by almost every single nation in a world unified under the banner of a Greatlord (further explained in the fic), and all friends have forsaken them. They are lost militarily, but still have vast amounts of wealth. Enough gold to make anyone slay their mother just for a twentieth of it. In their desperation they hire sellswords and mercenaries to do the fighting for their depleted Royal Army.

As this happens, a ragged band of humans makes their way into Equestria from a faraway land, with nothing but the clothes on their backs, and a trapped god.

The moment they free the god, he gives them each a chunk of clay and a word, to use his small gift to make a larger one for themselves.

What this is: A warfic with a little sex in it and lotsa violence.

What I need from you (keep the weapons and armor medieval):

Name:
Clothes (not armor):
Description (physical):
Description (personality):
Armor and weapon preferences (heavy, light, none, etc. [not what you are wearing, but what you'd rather wear in combat]):
Preferred type of mount:
Favorite show sapient species:
How loyal are you? Elaborate a little, please.
Would you rather side with Equestria or with its invaders? (Can be changed at any point during the fic)
If you were the leader of a mercenary company, what would you name it, and what would be your motto?

Your mercenaries:
What armor and weapons do they use?
Do they use mounts?
Do they have any restrictions during, before, or after battle?
What do they look like? (Can be any species you want)

3460734 The fav species is just so I know which you are most like to appreciate best, or side with.

Also, just to make sure, you are not forced to pick between humans, orcs or whatever. They're just examples. Your mercs can be anything you want.

....Another Meta-Fic? Don't you have enough on your plate already?

Name: Russell Striker

Clothes:

But with a red shirt, black pants, black boots, and a certain logo on the belt. If Pat is involved....

Description (physical): 5'10 with a runner's build. Short Red Hair with a close cropped beard. Starting to grey. Northern European ancestry. (Going for a bit of an older look this time.)

Description (personality): INTJ/The Mastermind. Intelligent, just, and merciful. Prefers to avoid direct combat.

Armor and weapon preferences: Light, I need to stay mobile. (Preference for ranged weapons and short sword)

Preferred type of mount: Horse, lightly armored; when necessary.

Favorite show sapient species: I'll go with pony on this one.

How loyal are you? You'd need to practically stab me in the back to break my loyalty

Would you rather side with Equestria or with its invaders? Equestria, unless they seriously [CENSORED] up and actually deserve it.

If you were the leader of a mercenary company, what would you name it, and what would be your motto?
The Hazard Team
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (Either find a way or make one)

Your mercenaries:
What armor and weapons do they use? A mix of heavy and light
Do they use mounts? When appropriate
Do they have any restrictions during, before, or after battle? Don't do anything evil. (e.g. No Raping, Pilagaing, burning down innocent villages, etc.) We're The Hazard Team, not Blackwater
What do they look like? Mostly Human with a few of others mixed in.

3460777 There can never be enough...

One of them is a oneshot, the other updates weekly. It's easy! :rainbowkiss::pinkiecrazy::rainbowderp::raritydespair::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:

Actually, I need some help on the whole 'Mount' thing

3460797 No, Redshirt, mayonnaise is not a mount.

Horses, donkeys, zebras, hippos, leopards, motionless boulders. Whatever suits your needs in a battle. :rainbowkiss:

3460797 Heavily armored horses, lightly armored ones... Stuff like that. :rainbowkiss:

Edited application.

There will never be enough meta fics.
Name: Alexander but AKA "The General"
Clothes (not armour): Just remove the tree from the front.

Physical description: 6'4", short black hair, hazel eyes, average build.
Personality description: Very happy and joyous most of the time, stays happy in combat but will become deadly serious when things get REALLY bad. Other than that very optimistic person. Loves sneaking up on his enemies.
Armour and weapons:
No major armour to speak of however, he is very agile and quick.
This is what he wears into combat and he carries a longbow aswell as a shortsword.

Preferred mount: Would rather fight on foot and only uses a horse for traveling
Loyalty: Works for money but will never go back on a contract once he has agreed to it unless whoever he is working for tries to betray him.
I would rather work for the equestrians.

Merc Company Name: The Silent
Company Motto: Quickly, Quietly and with Honour, we shall serve
Armour and Weapons: Longbows, shortswords and knives.
They look like this, so basically the same as me although my outfit has a black cape instead of green.

Mounts: Horses for travel only.
We love setting up traps and ambushes. We are also very good at Hit and Run tactics.
restrictions: designed to be a small mobile force of about 40 men so we cannot fight a larger force head on, If a larger force on mounts appear we will fall back instantly.
Species: all human (mostly males but a few females)

Name: karl the red (bringer of death, owner of skulls, victor of a thousand battels)
Clothes
Description (physical): about 2.3 meters tall.brown hair,multipel scars across his face
Description (personality):when outside of battel can be friendly and chatty, in combat he is nothing more than a animal while still keeping his sense for battel tactics. either way dosent like disloyalty
Armor and weapon preferences heavy or for refrence
Preferred type of mount:
Favorite show sapient species:ponies
How loyal are you? very loyal
Would you rather side with Equestria or with its invaders? equstria unless he gets paid alot more
name: the collecters of skulls
Your mercenaries:
What armor and weapons do they use? mostly heavy armour but with light infantry and medium infantry for support
Do they use mounts? yes
Do they have any restrictions during, before, or after battle? before battel they work them selves into a beserkere frenzy, after the battel they take some heads of the enemis and put them on pikes. after that they loot the corpses for anything usefull
What do they look like? mostly humans but also other types (zebra,griffon,etc)

3460792 Don`t fucking close this in less than a day, I`m at work and want to sign up

ClassyGeneral
Group Contributor

Name: Kokyuna Classy
Clothes (not armor): A simple Men's Kimono
Description (physical): Short with extremely strong and high endurance but vulnerable to longer ranged attacks. Black hair, blue eyes...
Description (personality): Psychotic, brutal and extremely aggressive to his enemies, but honest and loyal to allies.
Armor and weapon preferences (heavy, light, none, etc.): Medium to heavy, prefers Japanese weaponry over anything else including Katana, Naginata, Yumi and Tanegashima Matchlock.
Preferred type of mount: Look at my horse...
Favorite show sapient species: ...Meh, Griffins, I guess...
How loyal are you?: Loyal enough to kill myself for you. But since I am a mercenary, you can consider me a ronin, thus my loyalty is not that of a true samurai. I will simply fight with who I deem right and which way is more profitable.
Would you rather side with Equestria or with its invaders?: Depends on who follows The Art of War better and pays me more.
If you were the leader of a mercenary company, what would you name it, and what would be your motto?: Kokyuna Yohai Rentai (Kokyuna Mercenary Regiment) Watashitachi no ryōshu no shōkan ni! In redemption of our lords!
Your mercenaries: Anything that can come from Feudal Japan, even ashigaru.
What armor and weapons do they use?: Feudal Japan, meaning katana, dachi, yari, naginata, tanegashima, fire bombs, yumi...
Do they use mounts?: But of course!
Do they have any restrictions during, before, or after battle?: They perform The Bushi-Nin Sake Ritual, in which they drink sake and meditate before battle to prepare for death and glorious honor to be achieved.
What do they look like?: We'll take anyone as long as they can use the weapons and armor. So mainly humans and griffins, because of claws and fingers being similar with gripping.

3460777 Nuclear launch detected.

Can I just bring a national army?

Name: Lord Alessandro Rorken
Clothes:
Description (Physical): Around 6'4 in height, medium cut figure with slicked back black hair and green eyes.
Description (Personality): Cold and stoic, but very loyal. A overall dark personality and dark sense of humour.
Armour and weapon preferences: Light or medium armour, prefers his two curved sabres but is also proficient with lances and other pole arms. Armour is pictured here:

Preferred Mount: Lightly armoured horse.
Favourite show species: Ponies.
Loyalty: Will fight to the bitter end to those he has sworn his loyalty to.
Equestria or it's invaders?: Equestria all the way!
Mercenaries: The Order Of The Burning Lance, Motto: Redemption Through Annihilation!

They have a very spartan lifestyle, meaning no drinking, excessive amounts of possessions or pleasures. Have a strong sense of honour and believe in an honourable fight. Have a strong martial code and when not eating or sleeping will be sparring and practicing. Weapons include swords, sabres, lances, and other polearms. All prefer to ride horseback.Composed mainly of humans but will also take any willing to adapt to our lifestyle and join us. All armour incorporates the wings on the back (Inspired by the Polish Winged Hussars)

3460718 WHAT THE FUCK!? WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER METAFICS?!...

Name: Lady Patlestia
Clothes: A simple teal dress.
Description (physical): Is 6'7" tall, has an athletic build. Also, I have difficulty putting my large breasts under my chest plate, eh.
Armor and weapon preferences (heavy, light, none, etc. [not what you are wearing, but what you'd rather wear in combat]): *picture below shows how I look like, and what would I wear in combat* The only weapon I take to battle is a long sword, also I don't use a shield in battle.

Description (personality): Likes to keep to herself in her inner circle of guards, but even then her guards don't even speak all that much... So she's also lonely, but likes to think that her Guards are her friends. Despite being a hardass she's somewhat shy in meeting new people, but likes the thought of making new friends once in a while. Since her Custodies don't speak all that much she sometimes go into one-sided conversations with them, and gives them names.

She also likes to cook for her Custodies and anyone else who's hungry. She doesn't like to talk about her past seeing how she's on an adventure right now, and that her past is grimdark as fuck... Since she suffers from some sort trauma caused by her past she sometimes talk to herself, and gets all shaky and twitchy. Although on the battlefield she feels perfectly fine killing her enemies, eh. She also says 'Eh' quite a few times for some unexplained reason...
Preferred type of mount:

Favorite show sapient species: Ponies
How loyal are you?: My loyalty is bought with gold coin, so, the more you pay me the stronger my loyalty is to you.
Would you rather side with Equestria or with its invaders?: If Equestria does something that I fucking hate like betraying any one of the other mercenary groups than I would consider trading sides, but even then I wouldn't leave until I'm the one that has been betrayed.
If you were the leader of a mercenary company, what would you name it, and what would be your motto?: I wouldn't call the men who follow me mercs seeing how they are more of my personal guards than anything else, and they would go anywhere and do anything to protect me. The name they go by is The Royal Custodies, and they're motto is: Always Ready, Always There.
Your mercenaries:

What armor and weapons do they use?: *picture above shows what armour they wear* A simple long sword, and kite shield.
Do they use mounts?: Yes they do as they use the same type of mount I use.
Do they have any restrictions during, before, or after battle?: Their only restriction is the inability to go anywhere without me since they're my guards with undying loyalty.
What do they look like?: Human... I don't know how they really look like as they always wear their armour, but I know they're Human!

Did a little bit of editing (Mainly fixing the picture and making my weapon preferences clearer.)

3461364 You mean, a pony army?

Name: Cyrus de Montigau III
Clothes (not armor):

Description (physical): A stoic, coffee-colored man of average height, noted for his goatee and clean-shaven scalp.
Description (personality): Honor? The prospect of fools. He'll do whatever it takes to get a paycheck, even if he has to resort to some less than reputable means. He's got a wit as dry as the mead he drowns himself in, which he usually spends his remaining money on when he's not upgrading his arsenal. People stray their eyes from him when he's around, as he's easy to anger and is unnaturally brash to strangers.
Armor and weapon preferences (heavy, light, none, etc. [not what you are wearing, but what you'd rather wear in combat]): Heavy
Preferred type of mount: Cold One

Favorite show sapient species: He likes the ferocity of the Griffons, but basically anyone who pays him well is his favorite :raritywink:
How loyal are you? Elaborate a little, please. The order is basically his family, and he'd never betray them. Especially with how much money they're making him.
Would you rather side with Equestria or with its invaders? (Can be changed at any point during the fic) Depends how much they're paying.
If you were the leader of a mercenary company, what would you name it, and what would be your motto? We're called The Knights of Candlehearth! You best remember that name, boy, and our motto: 'We are the light in the darkness!'

Your mercenaries:
What armor and weapons do they use? Typically, they use black-colored plate mail of various crafts, usually the best that money can buy, and whatever weapons they prefer, although morningstars and warhammers are quite common. They always wear helmets that conceal their faces.

Do they use mounts? Giant lizards called Cold Ones, as shown above.
Do they have any restrictions during, before, or after battle? Nope! They never limit themselves, and use as many dishonorable tactics as possible to obtain an easy victory.
What do they look like? (Can be any species you want) Mostly human, but a few scummy ponies and griffons have joined their ranks.

3461415 I am juggling them all like balls! :pinkiecrazy:

I can do it! :rainbowkiss:

3461498 When will the first chapter of this story will be out, eh? :trixieshiftleft:

3461524 Yesterday! :pinkiecrazy:

I'm working on the second chapter!

3461532 Wait, what?! :twilightoops:

3461555 .. so when can we read it?! :twilightoops:

3461584 As soon as I finish chapter two and get it approved by teh fimfics GAWDS OF APPROVAL! :rainbowkiss:

3461555 Better fucking wait for mw to get home... I have the best mount idea.

3461587 Approved? You're actually gonna be publishing it for everyone to view? :twilightoops:

....But we aren't allowed to submit Meta-Fics.

The mods are welcome to try and stop me.

3461598 I fear for your safety... Since meta-fics aren't allowed to be submitted, eh.

3461621 You're submission will be denied... :derpytongue2:

(Today, it is gif day)

I am a genius of stealth and glorious ingenuity! None can hope to stop me! :pinkiecrazy:

3461632 No one but our FimFic gods, eh. :pinkiecrazy:

Just you wait and see, Pat. Just you wait and see...

All we need is for Swarmy to get here before we can set a time limit for applications, and then HE WORLD!1!!

3461645 AND THEN HE WORLD! :pinkiecrazy:

HE WORLD!!11!!

3461663 World War II veteran from Belarus Konstantin Pronin, 86, sits on a bench as he waits for his comrades at Gorky park during Victory Day in Moscow, Russia, on Monday, May 9, 2011. Konstantin comes to this place every year after WWII finished. This year he was the only person from the unit. :raritydespair:

:pinkiecrazy:

3461686 They did good, eh. :fluttershyouch:

Edited the link in the clothing section.

3461704 D: where's your applicashun? :3

3461792 Nowhere because my phone doesn`t like to upload pictures, wait four more hours.

Your mercenaries:
120 total.

Weapons and armor:
Same the image.
Mounts:

Only for getting to the battle.

Restrictions: Old Roman Tactics.

Looks:Same as top image.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 313