The Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau 5,456 members · 49,225 stories
Comments ( 40 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 40
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

This thread is for keeping track of promotions that are either restricted to being promoted less than once a week, or are outright banned. I'll adjust it as needed for the future.

Two Weeks:
The Crazy Creators League.
The Unified Creators Alliance.

A Month:(30+days)
Either of the major Foalcon groups, or similarly themed groups.
Any promotion involving petitioning to reboot, restart, revise, or cancel any generation of My Little Pony or spin offs. Proposals to cancel G5, redo season 9 of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, and restart Equestria Girls (Save My Little Pony) would be examples of things that fall under this category.

Banned:
Promotions that are against site rules.
Promoting any sort of 'sex party' or orgy at a convention or other meetup. (Don't laugh, it's happened...)

Any new restricted promotions will be added here for the future, and I'll probably be adjusting things for a bit.

Additionally, if you happen to want to voluntarily add your group, fanfic, etc... to this list, I'll be willing to add it as long as you are the head of the group in question, author of the fanfic, etc...

--Sweetie Belle

How about restricting The Unified Creators Alliance to two weeks too? It would make things fair in this group.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

They've already been spacing out their promotions where it's been normally at least two weeks between them.

I suppose, in the interest of parity, I can add them, though.

--Sweetie Belle

You haven’t been paying very close attention, have you?

Hopefully this will help calm these promo threads down. I hate seeing the same shit storms erupt on a weekly or even biweekly basis....and I'm sure it ain't good for your stress levels either.

We don't agree on much but that suggestion, I could definitely go for....oh and cute avatar by the way.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Hopefully this will help calm these promo threads down. I hate seeing the same shit storms erupt on a weekly or even biweekly basis....and I'm sure it ain't good for your stress levels either.

Believe me, my stress levels were already pretty high from work, and then I end up having to deal like situations like this every week, with people getting upset about it no matter what decisions I make... anyone who thinks running a group like this is fun should probably rethink things.

--Sweetie Belle

Oh I've seen all the turbulence you have to put up with and I commend you for doing this for free. If I didn't keep my head shaved, I'd probably rip my hair out putting up with drama like that all the time.

You really keep your fingers off the pulse. No medical school for possums. 😭

Go take in a little site history. His "vague" statement shall be made clear.

The whole fiasco kinda started with people getting kicked out of groups, imo. Doing it again would probably cause even more controversy at this point.

And the groups sure as heck weren't this one, the SSPB.

Robipony
Group Admin

I do wish we could rechannel the chaos that a lot of the troublemakers unleash. It would be nice to see perhaps some other SSPB promotional threads getting some constructive feedback instead of the strife we see in some of the threads provided by the restricted groups above.

It would certainly make the jobs of the admins here easier and less of a nuisance.

I have a similar thought process about driving a truck for a living. Everyone wants to drive a large car until it's time to do large car things...

I think 'splainin' is a bannable offense in this day and age.

Would I be allowed to promote my account? Or would that be bad?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Depends what you mean by promote your account. The main thing on that front is that in the site rules, there's this one here:

Following an excessive number of users is not allowed, nor is any behavior that rewards users for following you. Following is for users to use because they want to see updates in their feed, not as a reward or otherwise.

In regards to a different promotional group, Eldorado said the following:

So any promotion of yourself would have to fall within that. You could promote your stories, you could promote a blog post you posted, your groups, you could promote your services, like if you have commissions available, or that sort of thing. Asking for follows wouldn't be something allowed, though.

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

No problem!

--Sweetie Belle

Are we allowed to promote MLP discord servers??

Are we allowed to promote needing proofreaders lol

there's a few other groups like Looking For Editors that'd be a better place for that.

Have ya seen that group it’s insanely complicated to find someone and you have to jump though hoops just to use the forum and what’s more annoying all I need is someone to clarify if my pacings to fast for a starting chapter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All I did was provide some info on what I was writing and my terms for the prereaders and now I've got two more on my team. How's it complicated?

Wait how I’ve tried before nothing and I can’t even use the search function which it states have to use first before using the forum that’s the confusion I’m having like do I have to jump though hoops or just ask

It’s in the groups dukes in the main page saying you can only use the forum after trying to use the search things for it

Ah. Well, the group as far as leadership and rules enforcement has been dead for quite some time, and I haven't exactly been seeing anyone else doing that. Pretty much every post that I see in that group would be breaking the rules by those standards. Especially this part from the main page:

When you’ve found help, please remember to delete your thread. Posts that are two months old will be deleted on a (mostly) regular basis, but you can help the admins out by deleting your thread when it's no longer needed.

Thanks for clarifying that

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

The general rule on what's a promotion is that you have to have something you can point at and say that that's what you are promoting. So you can promote a story, since you can point at that, but asking for editors doesn't actually have something you can point at. You could promote your blog and be asking for editors on that blog, though, or someplace already existing where you are asking for help.

--Sweetie Belle

Ah so making a thread for a proofreader then promoting that threads ok?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

The thread itself would need to be someplace else, like in that Looking For Editors group, but if you made a thread asking for proofreaders someplace, you could promote it here.

--Sweetie Belle

That’s what I ment lol.

Wait you can ask for proof readers in looking for editors

Yup. That's what my own post there was asking for.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I'm adjusting the list for two things.

First of all, I've tentatively removed The Crazy Creators League and The Unified Creators Alliance from the two week list, because it seems to me like that feud is no longer active. I just struck them out for the moment, in case I have to reconsider.

Also, I'm adding anything promoting cancelling any generation of My Little Pony, redoing seasons, rebooting them, or continuing no longer running generations of My Little Pony to the once a month list. Not outright banning it yet, but I really don't want to have to deal with those threads too often.

--Sweetie Belle

I'm with you on those groups involving the generations....one month promos for those is a good idea because of the drama those always caused. Those groups where people think season 9 needs to be redone, g5 should be cancelled, g5 sucks, etc. are downright annoying.

Does things that are not fimfic related?

1. All new threads have to be promoting something, and it has to be pony-related, or at least site related. It doesn't actually have to be something of yours.

Can I post a group

Comment posted by Mixmaster226 deleted Sep 22nd, 2023
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 40