Fluttercord 1,614 members · 1,222 stories
Comments ( 78 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 78

The second one happened when I was gone, and since these help me write my other stuff and help us all with them fluttercord feels, and they're really fun...Why not do it again?
I pretty much copied and pasted MintyJoy's rules, but here we goooo!

* The mini-fic can be in any style, any tag, AU, humanized, whatever. It can be a cute scene, a snippet of conversation, or an excerpt from an Equestrian history book. It's not expected to be preread or proofread, and if you've never written before that's just fine. Just try to keep it rated teen or lower and make sure it's 100-500 words of fiction about Fluttershy and Discord and it relates somehow to the prompt you claimed.

* Claim prompts with a quick post responding to the last post. Just the word "claimed" is fine. When you finish, make a post with the mini-fic and the next prompt.

* Your claim is valid for four hours, to keep someone from accidentally holding things up all day. After four hours, another person could post a claim for the same prompt. If you ran out of time, and no one else has claimed it, and you still want to write it, just go ahead and reclaim it.

* In the event that people become confused, and two fics are posted for the same prompt, the first one posted contains the official next prompt.

* Please include a one word prompt at the end of your fic. There are lots of words, and they can mean lots of things, and it's up to the next writer what they want to do with it.

ADDITIONAL RULE : It can be romantic or platonic.

I'll start with some prompts! And I'll be sure to write some if it keeps going.
Prompts : feather , pajamas , hullabaloo

My first prompt, don't judge me.

Feather

"One year, has it only been one year?" Discord thought.

Discord lay in his chaotic garden, overlooking a tombstone in front of him, the words engraved in the stone hurt his heart every time he read over the words;

Here lies Fluttershy

A Sweet, Kind Friend

A Wonderful Wife

Died of old age

Discord sighed "I should of made her immortal, then would never happened in the first place."

This is the fifth time, Discord visited Fluttershy's grave this week, even though it hurt his heart every time he came, he couldn't stay away. He was rarely ever was in the mood for causing chaos, if he did cause chaos, he'd just make it rain chocolate milk on top of him.

"...I'm sorry sweet...Fluttershy." He uttered.

After a while, Discord got up and went to fed the animals. The animals felt pity for the fallen chaos sprirt, even Angel bunny felt pity, he often tried to make him feel better. He tugged on Discord's tail eagerly.

"What is it, now? Are you still hungry? Isn't me helping you bad enough?"

Angel squeaked saying; "Do you remember her last words."

Discord understanding rabbit language replied. "Yes, of course, I remember her last words; 'Behind the waterfall' it was. I still don't know what she meant by behind the waterfall."

Angel tugged on Discord tail and bounced off to the waterfall at the other side of the garden and Discord soon followed.

"Why did you bring me here for? I already checked behind it, nothing there."

"Yes, but did you look actually look behind the waterfall." Angel squeaked as he hopped up on the rocks and jumped into the waterfall.

"Angel?" Discord said with concern in his voice.

Angel remerged from the waterfall and gestured Discord to follow. When Discord caught up with Angel, he gasped to find a cave behind the waterfall, Angel hopped to the corner of the cave and came back with an envelope in his mouth.

Discord took the envelope and opened to find a letter, it was written in Fluttershy's hoof-writing. He read it-

To my Dearest Discord,

If your reading this Discord, that means I'm gone, but not entirely my sprirt still stays with you, watching over you from the clouds above. I'm writing to reassure you that death is simply just a normal part of life, so, don't keep blaming yourself of my death. Have fun with your life, even if I'm not there, I'm still there in your heart and remember I will always love you. Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times. I left something behind for you to remember me, it's in the envelope.

Love,

Your wife Fluttershy.

Tears were falling from Discord's eyes. He looked down into the envelope and pulled out a feather, but just a regular feather, it was Fluttershy's feather. Her young buttermilk colored feather.

There was a tag at the bottom of it-

-With love Fluttershy <3

Next Prompt Warm Feeling

4707707 Daww, that was cute!!! A really good first prompt fic! I love the idea of those two giving feathers to each other~<3

I claim warm feeling, and I already wrote it out~ Here ya go!

Warm Feeling

Ah yes. That warm feeling. That feeling that made a creature feel like he was being doused in warm syrup, or bathing underneath a waterfall of warm suds. Discord was new to the feeling when he was with Fluttershy, but he found that as time went by, the feeling began to grow.

…Grow to the point where the term ‘warm feeling’ became more than just a phrase.

They’d been a couple for a while now, but it had only been the second time that Fluttershy had said ‘I love you’ that it happened. He returned the words immediately after she did, leaning in and closing the distance between them with a kiss. While the Pegasus was more than happy to kiss him back, Fluttershy felt heat radiating off of his face as her lips were locked with his, and when they parted, she gasped to see that his entire body was growing pink.

“Discord, do you have a fever?”

“Hmm?” Discord blinked, staring at her as her hoof moved to his forehead. It was surprisingly cool against his skin. “My dear yellow bird horse, did you just say a fever? Ahahahaha!” He chuckled, bringing a paw to his mouth as he did so. “As if I could get something so commonplace! I’m much more prone to getting rare diseases, such as the Tatzlwurm flu. What makes you think I have a simple fever?”

“Because, Discord, you’re burning up!” Fluttershy squeaked, retracting her hoof, which was now steaming. The Draconequus himself gasped at that, gently taking her hoof and tapping at it with a lion finger. It was as hot as a pancake right off a griddle.

“Now that I think about it, I do feel kind of hot,” he said, suddenly realizing that sweat was running down his face. “And I’m not talking about my good looks.”

“Did you feel that way just a moment ago?”

“…You know, I didn’t! Odd, isn’t it? Ah, well,” he shrugged his shoulders. “I’m fine, Fluttershy, really. Actually, I think I’m starting to cool down a bit.”

“Really?” she asked again. “That…that fast?”

“Try it for yourself,” he said, taking her hoof and placing it on his forehead again. Fluttershy blinked in confusion, her mouth slightly open in surprise. He was right; his forehead was now much cooler than it had been.

“How…How did…?”

Another shrug from the Lord of Chaos, this time coupled with a suave smile. “You do know who you’re talking to, aren’t you? My body doesn’t exactly work like everypony else’s, you know.” He wiggled his brows at her suggestively, making Fluttershy blush at the perverse meaning that could have been behind such words, but unable to keep a giggle from escaping her lips. “I suppose so…”

Later that night, Discord walked her home, deciding that teleporting was too fast a method for getting her back to the cottage.

“Home sweet home, Fluttershy,” Discord said, opening the door for her like the gentledraconequus he was—sometimes. “I’d love to stay with you, but I’m afraid Sunny’s got a whole agenda for me tomorrow. Ugh….”

She only gave him a smile. “That’s all right, Discord. I’ll see you soon.”

“Yes, well—“

But he was unable to finish the words as Fluttershy burst forward and put her hooves around his neck, giving him a deep kiss. It was quite a surprise—usually Discord initiated these types of things, but he wasn’t complaining as he wrapped his arms around her and pressed his lips harder against hers.

“I love you, Discord,” she said breathlessly afterward, looking blissful as she looked back up at him.

There it was again. That metaphorical syrup being poured all over him…and no pancake in sight. He smiled with a sigh.

“I love you too, Fluttershy.”

She smiled, watching him as he turned completely pink again. His arms felt hot against her as they held her.

She was beginning to see the pattern. Yes, Discord’s body…It was very different, indeed.

Next prompt: blink

4707953 Claimed! Hope I can do something with this one. (gonna be posting it soon, so no one claim pls)

4709318 Can't wait to see what you do!!! :pinkiesmile: I know it'll be great! Feel free to take it literally, metaphorically, or both!!! :rainbowlaugh:

Blink
Winter arrived, the heavy, glistening snow its companion. Even he donned winter wear on occasion when he visited Fluttershy, even if it wasn't his favorite season. Some days, he’d wear a scarf and snow cap colored in a way that always made her laugh. Pink and yellow, of course.

One day, while Fluttershy created a snowpony, she was unsuspecting of Discord, who had created a most devious plan in mind. He dived into the snow, and as he clawed his way through the thick snow, he relied on her voice in order to find his prey.

“... Discord? Where did you go?”

Perfect.

Then he was close enough, and he lunged.

“Gotcha!”

Before Fluttershy could blink, Discord popped out from the snowed up ground, and she let out a shriek as he grabbed her.

Her screams turned into squeals of delight as they landed into a snow pile. Discord fell to the side right beside her, and her adorable laughter was apparently infectious, because he was soon to follow. Even when they stopped, they stayed laying in the snow together.

Resting so close to her, Discord took notice of how pink her nose was, as pink as her mane that was sprawled all across the snowy ground. Her lit up eyes as she smiled at him. Her breath coming out in icy waves. Her gorgeous laughter... wait!

“What?” A pile of snow appeared over his head, and it fell across his face. “Is it something on my face?”

When Fluttershy sobered up, and she brushed the snow from his muzzle and the sides of his face. And with only the slightest hesitation, she planted a light kiss on the tip of his nose.

His face, already a pinkish shade, blazed more of a bright red. It only made her laugh more, leaning her forehead against his. Despite the stupid cold and the stupid season, he preferred this part of winter.
But then spring came around the corner, and along with it, the animals returned from hibernation. And whenever Discord arrived to her cottage, she’d be caught up in tending to said creatures outside her cottage. Rather than leave, he’d rest on a cloud or on the roof, waiting for her to finish. And wait. Then wait some more!

“I’m almost done, Discord.”

His ears perked, but rather than let his surprise show, he blew out a small raspberry and said, “I’m not being impatient.” Did she read my mind?!

“I didn’t say you were.” Fluttershy’s gaze wandered back up to him.

“Neither did I.” He shrugged, but the gentle look in her eyes said all. He was beaten. And he let out a long, exasperated groan, slithering from his cloud cushion. “It’s just ridiculously unfair, Fluttershy. You had plenty of time to hang out before spring for us to hang out. And now I have to stand here and wait! As I said, unfair.”

Fluttershy smiled and walked over to the chicken coop. “Well, that’s because most of the animals were in hibernation, and now I have lots to take care of now that they’re back.”

“Can’t they wait?” Fluttershy didn’t respond, yet that nonetheless gave him an answer, and he groaned again. “I already miss winter. It just went in the blink of an eye.” He teleported in front of her, and his eyes blinked at different times.

“Spring is still nice,” she said, and she flew over to a bed of budding flowers. “All the lovely flowers blooming. I always miss that.”

Discord scoffed. “Oh, that’s nothing.” And with a snap of a finger, a bouquet of lilacs appeared in his hand, and he handed them to her.

Fluttershy took them with a light blush rising to her cheeks. She looked back at the other hungry animals, then smiled at Discord, leaning towards him. “Maybe you could help, so I could be done quicker. And then we can do something.” Discord’s face lit up, but she added hastily, “But don’t make the food scream and run off like last time, please.”

“I’m sure one of your animals laughed at that.”

Next Prompt: Queen

I had several ideas as to what to do with this, but this one seems decent enough.

Queen

"Fluttershy..." A voice echoed in Fluttershy's ear.

Fluttershy groaned. "Huh, what?"

"Fluttershy..." The voice said again.

Fluttershy opened one eye. "What is it?"

"Wake up... My Queen." The voice replied.

"My Queen!?" Fluttershy said, fully awake now.

Fluttershy gasped, she found herself in a small throne in a chaos wonderland. She wore a black and pink robe with a golden crown with red gems encrusted resting on top of her head.

She looked next to her, and there was Discord resting on his throne with a smirk across his face.

"Discord? What's going on? Where are we?"

"Why we're home, my Queen. Ponyville to be exact. Don't you remember yesterday."

"What did you do?!"

"What did I do?" Discord placed his paw on his chest shocked. "I'm shocked that you don't remember yesterday. You did this, my Queen. Not me."

"No, I didn't! And why do you keep calling me your Queen."

"Because you are my lovely Queen, you even told me and those guys to call you, my Queen."

"What do you mean those guys?"

Why those poor ponies down there."

Fluttershy glanced down from her throne and gasped to see ponies bowing down to her chanting. "Our Queen, Our Queen of Chaos." And Fluttershy's friends and the princesses were down there too, doing the same thing as the others.

"Discord, stop this now! I don't want to be your Queen!"

"But, I didn't cause this, you did, my Queen."

"How did I cause this!? I don't even have chaos magic! I'm not a unicorn!"

"Oh, but you do, you read a book about chaos magic and you became enthralled with it and counting from that horn on top your head makes you an Alicorn."

"I'm an Alicorn too!"

Discord smiled grimly. "Yes, Our Chaotic Queen Alicorn."

"I'm not your Queen! I'm not chaotic!"

"Our Queen..."

"No!"

The ponies and Discord keep chanting; "Our Queen, our Queen of Chaos." They keep on getting louder and louder.

"Our Queen! Our Queen Of Chaos!"

"No I'm not your Queen, please stop!"

"Our Queen."

"No!" Fluttershy covered her ears try to block the chanting.

"Fluttershy!"

"Our Queen!" They chanted again.

"No, I'm not your queen!"

"Fluttershy! Wake up!"

Fluttershy gasped as she sat up in bed, Discord had been shaking trying to wake her up from her nightmare.

"Fluttershy, are you ok? You were screaming." He asked.

Fluttershy sighed. "I'm ok, I just had this horrible nightmare, where I was an Alicorn that knew chaos magic and everypony and you were calling my-"

"My Queen?" Discord interrupted.

She blinked. "Yes! That was it."

"Don't worry honey, it's just a dream, it won't happen, just go back to sleep."

"Ok, I will."

"Good night, my Queen." Discord smirked

Next Prompt Word: Roses

So...what is this exactly? I don't quite understand what you do...

Here is a very short prompt fic

Prompt: roses

Discord stood outside Fluttershy's Cottage holding a bouquet of roses in his hand. Nervousness went through Discord like a tornado as what seemed like forever as her door slowly open to reveal Fluttershy herself.

"Happy Hearts and Hooves Day Fluttershy." Discord said holding the roses out to her all the while Fluttershy just smiled.

Next Prompt: Teacher and Student

4711253 Do you mean those are two different prompts--"teacher" or "student", or all together?

Either way I'll claim it!

All together :)

"This isn't right..."

Her voice was barely above a whisper. But it could be heard.

"I can't do this."

Not even a mouse could be heard in the reaping silence that followed her words, a sharp high-pitched ringing taking place before I began to tap my lion paw against the wood to create something to hear. Tap, tap, tap. It replayed both inside and outside my head. Tap, tap, tap. Her and mine. Our motion...

That night. It... it didn't happen, right? It was too good to be true.

"Let's be alone together."

She had taken my hand. Or, rather, paw. A stage out in the middle of nowhere for her to dance with me. Her favorite, soft-beat gutar song playing, mixed with some electronic sounds and beat. I remember it so well, and had taken the time to hunt it down just for her.

The sun beginning to set as faded purples and yellows scattered across the sky. Then, beams of the light they emitted alighting on her beautifully done hair from the spa ponies-a french braid with her top mane curled, a rose tucked behind her ear. Let's move on to what she wore; a lacy pale-green dress with white gloves on her fore hooves. She was there, in all her gorgeousness.

I was there, too, nearly forgetting so as I was lost in her eyes-in a tux, of course, but sadly no top hat since Rarity advised against it for this momentous occasion of dancing.

But enough about me and more about her.

Her hoof. I stretched out my paw, and she giggled like an angel before gently setting it down. In my paw.

Magical.

We danced alone, but together at the time... I don't know how to explain it. She was there, and we were dancing, but... She still wasn't together. With me. Not yet. Not until... Her legs in sync with mine as they went forward and back, before I stood her on her hind legs and had her twirl. Time flied by.

Then I did.

No, she didn't fall into my arms like I wanted so we could be together.

My ugly, spiral-y giraffe-neck fell into her goddess like hooves.

I'd nearly died from such a perfect moment ruined.

Yet instead, I saw stars shine in her eyes as her cheeks turned a bright red, before leaning in and...

She wasn't answering. Why wasn't she answering? I'm right here, like I've always been. Waiting.

Was was she crying? No need to make a hullabaloo about a kiss!

Or rather, a passionate make out session...

Nah, kiss is better for her.

I knocked on her bedroom door.

"J-Just leave me alone..."

I smiled.

"But how can I leave you alone when we're together?"

Silence.

How I hated it.

Tap, tap, tap. From her hooves, making their way towards the door.

It opened.

"I am being a bit over-reactive, aren't I?"

"Yeesh, that's an understatement! I didn't fall in love with Rarity here, Fluttershy. C'mon."

She laughed.

Never should she not laugh.

I used the reference 'alone together' in here a lot, soo...

Prompt: For You :trollestia:

4726036 AWWWWW that was cute!!! Not often you have Discord acting as the one that's worried over it. I liked it!

And now for mine since I only took forever to finally get to writing it.

Teacher and Student

“Discord, darling, that’s the salad fork. The one you need to use is the dinner fork. The smaller one, see?”

Discord groaned as he took the bigger eating utensil out of his mouth and put it down, giving Rarity the stink eye. “So you’re telling me that they have a specific fork…just for salad?”

“Just for salad, yes,” Rarity nodded with a smile. “It’s commonly found it most high-scale restaurants, and you definitely wouldn’t want to make such a social faux pas—especially on your date! Oh, imagine the embarrassment…!” Rarity said, putting a concerned hoof on her chin as she imagined herself doing the very same. “I’m so glad you came to me, Discord darling, so you could learn these things.”

“I didn’t come to you, Rarity. You forced me!”

“Well, either way, somepony’s got to teach you how to behave in upscale settings. You want to impress Fluttershy, after all. You don’t want some charming stallion stealing her away from you, do you?”

Secretly, Rarity knew she was merely toying with Discord. She had been close with Fluttershy for years, and knew that knowing the difference between several different kinds of forks and spoons and how to properly butter a bread bun wouldn’t impress her in the least. But when word had reached Rarity’s ears that Discord and Fluttershy were going on their first date, she had grabbed him the moment she saw him in town and forced him into her home to teach him some proper manners. How could she resist? Discord was rude, messy, and arrogant, and while he usually was on his best behavior with Fluttershy, Rarity found this the perfect opportunity to maybe sharpen his skills a bit, so he could be more pleasant for others. She was doing the community a real service here, truly.

Fluttershy loved Discord for who he was--he could stuff his open mouth silly with spinach pie using the salad fork, using his nose to drink from a straw, and go without a napkin on his lap, and she’d still manage to find him charming.

But everypony else? Sweet Celestia, no.

But to get Discord to care, she had to pull out the big guns. And reminding him of single handsome stallions that were hungry for kind and beautiful pegasi was just the kind of ammo she needed to get him to cooperate.

He huffed, a stubborn frown on his face, with a splash of red on his cheeks. “No, I don’t. But what makes you think I’m going to take her to some boring fancy schmancy restaurant? And besides, Fluttershy would never choose some stuck-up, stupid stallion over me.”

“Oh, I beg to differ, Discord,” she countered, straightening out her utensils with a small, casual smile on her face. A wine red cloth napkin suddenly glowed an icy blue, and it lifted up and wiped at the corner of Discord’s mouth. He tried batting it away (“I’m a big boy now, I can tie my shoes and count my toes and everything, so I don’t need you to mother me, Rarity! Gah!”) but she was persistent, and he eventually crossed his arms with a pout.

“Do you now?” he repeated.

“Oh yes. After all, even Fluttershy enjoys a nice dinner somewhere. And while I’m sure you can conjure up anything she wishes, I know for a fact that there are some nice restaurants she’s always wanted to visit. She loves Prench food, for instance. The poor dear doesn’t talk about it much, since she doesn’t want anypony to spoil her or compel anyone to take her, but she does. Take her to the Prench restaurant in Canterlot, Discord, and she’ll adore you forever.”

“…Really? She really wants that kind of thing? She’s so shy, I would think she’d feel uncomfortable in such a place.” He raised a brow at her.

“She wouldn’t if you were there with her.” She was sincere in her answer, but smirked as Discord’s face turned redder. “And I can easily get you reservations in that restaurant, should you let me teach you as my student of etiquette. That’s all I ask, darling.”

She could see the argument going on in Discord’s head as he sucked in his lips, stroking his beard and looking at everything but her. It was a good offer…and if Fluttershy really DID want to go to such a place…Discord himself despised places like that; they were boring and pedantic and prude. But if it made Fluttershy happy…

Then it wouldn’t be so bad.

He sighed. He grabbed the napkin and put it on his lap before looking at Rarity. He picked up two spoons.

“What’s the difference between these, then, Miss Etiquette?”

Prompt: answer

I claim answer!

YES! Thank you! The thread lives!

Okay, this is inspired from a Health Matters session from work.

Feelings Out

Discord was feeling grumpy. Why, you ask? Well, because Twilight Sparkle had dragged him into attending her session on Health Matters at her castle. Discord did not want to attend to that stupid session! Who wants to waste their time talking about feelings, emotions, and all that junk? When Twilight Sparkle invited him to her session, he did not want to go at all, no matter how much she pleaded. But Princess Celestia ordered him believing this would be a good way for him to learn another lesson of friendship. Additionally, this would be a chance for Discord to strengthen his friendships with Spike and the Mane Six since his little episode at the Gala. Discord had crossed his arms and shook his head. Then, when Princess Celestia promised Discord that he could have lots of chocolate milk for three meals, that is when Discord finally, but still reluctantly, obliged.

Now, he is in that pesky princess' castle, sitting in a wooden chair. He, Spike, and Twilight were waiting for other ponies to show up. Discord wasn't sure who would attend Twilight's session, but he wished they would hurry. A couple of minutes later Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy arrived. Discord's face had softened a bit at seeing Fluttershy. Only she can make things better for him. The mares sat in their respective thrones. Fluttershy took her seat next to Discord and smiled at him. He smiled back at her.

"So why are we here, Twilight?" Applejack asked. Twilight had a big chalkboard and wrote Health Matters on it with her magic.

"This is Health Matters," She said, happily. "We are going to talk about what we like about ourselves and what we like about each other."

"What, this is stupid!" Rainbow Dash cried in disgust. For once, Discord agreed with the multicolored mare. Twilight looked a bit hurt but shook it off.

"Knock it off, Rainbow Dash!" Applejack scolded. The cowgirl turned to Twilight. "So Twi, why is it important to talk about what we feel about each other?"

"Because it's good for your health," Twilight explained. "Talking about how we feel about each other is a good way to get to know each other. That way we can see what positive characteristics we have and what others have-if they have any," She narrowed her eyes at Discord, as she said the last part. Discord scowled and crossed his arms.

Oh sure, she let it go so easily when I sided with Tirek for a while, but she won't let go of the fuss I made at the Grand Galloping Gala? Sheesh!

Fluttershy looked sympathetically at Discord. Unlike Twilight, Fluttershy had forgiven Discord for his episode at the Gala. Treehugger and Smooze had forgiven him. Heck, even Princess Celestia went easy on him! Fluttershy was just relieved that after the Gala, she, Discord, Treehugger, and Smooze have become the Quartet and managed to hung out whenever they could.

"All right, everypony!" Twilight announced. "Now the first part of this session is to go around in a circle and talk about what we like about ourselves. Whatever characteristic that you like about yourself, I will write it on the chalkboard. For example, if you said, 'I like that I have big eyes,' I will write 'big eyes' on the board. Does everypony understand?"

All said 'yes'.

Let's get this stupid session over with! Discord thought sourly to himself.

"Great, let's begin!" The bookworm mare beamed. "Pinkie why don't you start first?"

"Yaaay!" Pinkie shouted, happily. "What I like about myself is that I'm...FUN!!! I like that I can make anypony laugh no matter what!!" Twilight nodded and wrote the word 'fun' on the chalkboard.
"That is great, Pinkie!" Twilight answered. "Applejack you're next!"
"Wait, I wasn't finished yet!" Pinkie whined, comically. "I-also-like-that-I-can-still-eat-sugar-can-still-have-milk-and-use-honey-instead-of-corn-syrup-unlike-other-meanies-"
"Hush!" Applejack growled, covering Pinkie's mouth with her hoof. Twilight added 'cupcakes', 'can still eat sugar and milk' and 'honey over corn syrup' on the chalkboard.

"What I like about is myself is that I am caring, honest, and hardworking," Applejack said, humbly. Everypony agreed that she is those things, even Discord.
"Got it!" Twilight said, writing on the board. "Spike you're next!"

"What I like about myself is that I'm always helpful to Twilight and I am the only dragon who likes hanging out ponies." Spike answered. Twilight wrote 'helpful' and 'friendly' to the list. Rarity's turn was next.

"What I like about myself is that I'm the center of attention!" Rarity boasted, flipping her hair. "Especially with stallions!"

"Oh brother!" Applejack grumbled. Discord and Rainbow Dash rolled their eyes, as well. Twilight, absentmindedly scripted 'center of attention'. Then, came Rainbow Dash's turn.

"What I like about is myself is that I can run at full speed!" She shouted, proudly. "Which makes me 20% cooler than Tirek!" Discord and Fluttershy shared a giggle. The words 'great speed' and '20% cool' were written. Then came Discord's turn. Discord was glad, because he still wanted this session to be over with!
"What I like about myself is that I can create anything out from thin air!" He said, boldly.
"Me too!" Pinkie added, by pulling out a party cannon from out of thin air. The others blinked before shrugging.

"Fluttershy, your turn!" Twilight said, while adding 'chaos magic' onto the list. Fluttershy gulped, not liking to speak much. She looked fearfully at her friends. Discord noticed her despair, so he squeezed her hoof with his talon. Fluttershy looked at him and relaxed at his touch. She took a deep breath.

"I like that...I'm caring and...surrounded by my good friends!" She rushed a little at the last statement before she could stutter again. Everypony clapped and she sighed in relief. Twilight added 'caring' and 'surrounded by good friends' to the board.

"Great, we have so many wonderful qualities that we liked about ourselves!" She announced. "Now what we are going to talk about what we like about each other!" Discord sighed, not believing that this session was far from over! "Each pony will say something they like about the pony on their left, and I will add it to the list, Pinkie go!"

"Ooh, what I love about Applejack is that she's a great cook and loves her family!"

"I like that Spike is always so helpful to Twilight no matter what!" AJ beamed. Spike blushed at AJ's comment.

"I like that Rarity is very creative with fashion!" Spike added, not noticing AJ's jealous look.

"I like that Rainbow Dash is loyal to everypony!"

"Thanks Rarity!" Rainbow beamed. "I like that dishrag-er I mean Discord, agrees with me that Twilight is an egghead!" She and Discord laughed, as Twilight scowled. After begrudgingly writing Rainbow Dash's answer, she turned to Discord.
"So Discord what do you like about Fluttershy?" She growled. Discord immediately stopped laughing. He looked at Fluttershy. Her smile made his heart skip a beat. Oh boy, I can't tell them now! Or else they'll know about my feelings for her! He thought nervously. Twilight tapped on her hoof, impatiently.
"Come on Discord! Give me your answer!"

"Um, all right!" Discord gulped. He took a deep breath. "What I love-like about Fluttershy is that she's the only pony that understands me!" Fluttershy focused wholly on him. "She's kind, beautiful, caring, sweet, adorable, intelligent-everything that I want in a mare-friend! I love-like that no matter how badly I mess up at being good, Fluttershy always finds it in her heart to forgive me and give me another chance-even when I don't deserve it!" He looked around nervously at anything but Fluttershy. "Th-that's what I love about Fluttershy," He whispered, the last part. He was still afraid to look at her. But Fluttershy looked at Discord and blushed and smiled that he felt this way about her. Her heart was exploding with joy. Spike and other mares were shocked at his confession-they did not expect something from him to say something so...touching! Twilight nervously cleared her throat.
"Um, Fluttershy you're next-although you do not have someone on your left-"
"I already know what to say, Twilight," Fluttershy assured the bookworm. "What I love about Discord is that he is somepony I feel comfortable with," Discord's eyes widened at this. "Whenever I'm with him, I feel safe and protected-I do not have to be afraid of anything! And he's brave, strong, handsome, intelligent, kind, active, and really funny-everything that I want in a stallion. He can really be a sweetheart, too! Sure, he can be mischievous, silly, and a bit chaotic (everypony chuckled at that part) but that's what I love about him and I'm so grateful to have him be part of my life!" She gave him a hug that surprised Discord further but he hugged her back. Neither of them cared that the others were watching them, stunned. Maybe this Health session wasn't so bad, after all. Discord smiled to himself.

Prompt: Kiss

DAAAAWWWWW I think I got cavities, that was so cute and sweet!
Who's next, y'all?

Cliché, I know.:facehoof:

Kiss

Every-pony knows Discord has a crush on Fluttershy, It was painfully obvious, but not to Fluttershy, she was oblivious the whole time, but no pony know she had a crush on Discord too. and yet still too shy to admit it. Until one day, when one of them couldn't hold back their feelings.

It was a Tuesday. an average day for Fluttershy and Discord to have a tea party, what they didn't know was this tea party would change their lives forever. After a stressful day of taunting for Discord, ponies were still making fun of him that the Lord of all Chaos fell in love with such a simple pony.

"Those ponies will regret making fun of me when I'm done feeding them to the flying badgers." Discord muttered under his breath as he took the long way to Fluttershy's Cottage.

He knocked on the door and her sweet alluring voice could be heard inside. "Who is it?" her sweet voice said.

"It's Discord, here for tea!"

There was a pause then her voice was heard again. "I'm coming!"

Discord got distracted by a sweet smell. he thought she was baking, once the door opened, it turned out to be her. Discord couldn't help but smile at her. Once Fluttershy noticed Discord was staring at her, she blushed bright red. "Um, Discord, you can stop staring now."

Discord snapped back into reality. “O-oh, h-hello, Fluttershy. Sorry, I was spacing-out there.” he face-palmed himself in embarrassment, muttering "Idiot." under his breath.

"It's o-ok, we all make mistakes," she smiled sweetly. "C'mon, let's go have tea."

They went inside and Discord summoned his world famous cucumber sandwiches, they laughed and gossiped just like any other time, Fluttershy noticed something was off about Discord, he looked like he had something to say or something was bothering him.

"Discord, is something wrong?" she asked, ever so politely.

Discord flinched. "Of, course not." he said, affecting calmly. "W-why do you ask?"

"Well for one thing, you haven't eaten or drinked anything, since you got here. Is it something that I did?"

"No, Fluttershy! Don't blame yourself for everything, it's because of me that's why..."

"What did you do?"

"..."

"You what?" Fluttershy was surprised that Discord was acting so quiet and shy now. "I fell in love with you, there I said it..." he grumbled.

He got from his chair and headed for the door. "Sorry, Fluttershy. But I'd like to end the tea party." And then he left, slamming the door behind him.

"Discord, wait!" She shouted, but he didn't hear her. "...I didn't get say how I feel."

The next few days, Discord isolated himself from the pony kind in his Chaos dimension, knowing nopony would dare step hoove in here. He stayed in his room laying on his bed, muttering under his breath. "She'll never love me for what I did." He had a agruemeant with his Shoulder Angel and Devil on what he should do, he listened to neither of them. A few moments later, his ears perked when he heard a knock at the door.

"What the? Is that the mail pony that got kidnapped by the Flying Badgers?"

He got up slowly and headed for the door, he opened to find Fluttershy, she looked tired, her mane was wrinkly, not her usual straight way, she looked gloomily up at him. He gasped and immediately took her inside, he sat her down in a chair and summoned her a cup of tea without saying anything.

"What happened, Fluttershy!" Discord said in concern.

"I came to see you, you didn't let me say anything."

He rolled his eyes. "I don't need your pity, I know your gonna say that I'm a selfish unforgiving-"

"Sweetheart." Fluttershy interrupted shyly.

"What?"

"I didn't get to say how I feel because you left in a rush."

"What do you mean how you feel?"

"What I'm trying to say is...I love you too," There was a long pause, then she spoke again. "Can you kiss me?" Fluttershy said softly, now blushing deep red.

Even Discord couldn't hear what she said he just went with his gut and leaned toward her and kissed her deeply...

Yes, yes I know I rushed it... Stupid me.:facehoof:

Comment posted by Toonsgirl deleted Sep 30th, 2015

No, that was cute! :pinkiehappy: :twilightsmile:
I can imagine other ponies teasing Discord for liking Fluttershy, tee hee!

What's the next prompt?

4747376 Whoops!

Next Prompt: Butterflies

4747404 I could claim this! (writing it right now--I know, I'm awful at doing it quickly!--so no need to re-claim! :P )

Yay! I look forward to what you write! Yes, help keep this thread alive! Like Frankenstein! :derpytongue2:

Butterflies

It was Tuesday. Which meant tea with Fluttershy, a day he always arrived on time for (except that one day where he arrived the day before, but the time was still right, so that doesn't count).

Recently, however, the excitement was being replaced with something else. Not that he wasn't excited to see her; far from it, he loved seeing her and telling her jokes that made her laugh.

As he flew to her cottage on this one particular day, however, and even while he amused her by teasing her ferret with his tail, a weird feeling slipped into his stomach. Like waves crashing about, but even that couldn't properly describe it. The more it happened, the more it annoyed him. As he tried to figure out what was causing the problem, his tail stopped swishing.

“Are you okay, Discord?”

Discord glanced over at Fluttershy, her face etched with concern. He looked down at the ferret who was now chewing his tail to its heart's content. He pulled his tail away, blowing a raspberry at the animal.

“Oh, sure, Fluttershy.” As he thought about it, though, did he really want to be bothered by this the rest of his visit? With a hum of thought, he thought maybe she could help solve this one. “Actually, I've just been having this strange feeling in my stomach for... I don't even know how long.” He grumbled to himself as he poured another cup of tea. “And I have no idea what the problem is.”

Her eyebrows arched upward. “Well, that is a little strange, but I'm sure it's nothing serious. Did you, uhh, eat something funny?” she offered.

“Food doesn't really have my sense of humor,” he answered, waving a hand around. “So I'd say no. Besides, it's more of a nuisance than a problem.”

Fluttershy nodded. “Well, could you describe it?

He scratched his chin in ponder. “For once, Fluttershy, I'm stumped." He rested his feet on the table that had turned into a tree stump. "Perhaps it's like...” He tried to think of the right words, but when he looked at Fluttershy, it came to him. “Like butterflies in your stomach. Thats the saying, right? Though for me, it's probably actually the case. And they won't go away.”

The one part he decided not to add was that it only arrived whenever he was around Fluttershy.

Okay, even then, he was lying. Just thinking about her made him feel those butterflies flying rampant in his stomach. And there were a lot of them. He never had the time to count them all, but they were also apparently busy, never taking a break until his thoughts drifted elsewhere.

Fluttershy, her attention now fully on him and the subject, continued. “Do you feel like this a lot?"

He shrugged, not able to look at her as he thought about how often they arrived. "Ehh, it comes and goes, I suppose." This was getting nowhere, and his patience was thinning. With careful ease, he added, "It does happen when I think about... err, someone." He cringed, realizing how lame it sounded out loud.

The answer hit her, apparently, as her lips curved into an 'o' shape. “Oh, Discord, I think I know!” And her wings fluttered in the air.

“What's that?” Her eagerness caught him off guard. Her face lit up with wonder, her eyes sparkling like emeralds as she flew up to meet him at eye level.

“Perhaps you have a crush on somepony."

What? "Really?"

Her enthusiasm faded a little at his dubious response, though she still smiled. “I mean, I could be wrong, since you're a draconequus, but that's how somepony usually feels when they have feelings for someone else. There are probably other things, especially for your kind, but I've had feelings like that before, and it was because of, well... that." She blushed at the last part, through the lightest shade of pink. But he wasn't as focused on that right now.

His brows furrowed. Why was she excited by this, him having a crush on somepony else? As if! There was no one but her in his head, that much was obvious. Or did she not realize it was all about her?

And why was she so close to him now, flying inches from his face? His own face felt incredibly warm all of a sudden. And the butterflies practically punched his stomach, and he stood up abruptly.

Fluttershy jumped back. "Discord?"

“I don't think it's that, but oh, would you look at the time?” His voice rose as he reached out an arm to show a clock that appeared on his wrist. “I have something that coincidentally starts right now. Such a shame I couldn't stay longer, but you know how things are. Ta-ta, Fluttershy!” And before Fluttershy could blink and even ask him any questions, he vanished and appeared back in his chaos dimension.

He plopped onto the couch, in his cottage that only now did he realize resembled a certain someone's house. A feeling reached his nose, and he let out a loud sneeze. Half a dozen butterflies flew out of his nose and floated around his head. Yet the feeling stayed.

Oh, poo.

Next Prompt: Electric

Let's say Discord don't know squat about love. Especially feeling it. I can relate. Perhaps why I don't write romance. Me: “The hell is that?” Also, it's longer than 500, I couldn't stop! DX
Is one-sided m'kay? Well, let's say in this case, they get together in the future hehehe.

Hahahaha! That was cute and funny!

This was amazeballs, Missy. They were both so incredibly in character, I loved every sentence. I'm so glad to have you as a reader, I hope you write more in the future so I can be YOUR reader! ♡

I claim electric!

Electric

Fluttershy sat in front of the mirror and sighed. She was meant to go to a ball later this evening but she couldn't think of anything she'd rather do less right now. Rarity had invited her, and she didn't want to let her down. It was just so difficult being around all those fashionista types sometimes. She felt comfortable around Rarity, but ponies she didn't know very well made her feel awkward.

Especially the younger gorgeous ones. She felt a little frumpy in front of them. Decades had passed and she no longer had the same figure. She was wearing a black dress and had put her hair up, but she didn't feel beautiful. She let out a soft sigh.

"Y'okay, Shy?"

Fluttershy had been so lost in thought that she had almost forgotten she wasn't alone. She turned to face her mate, who was relaxing on her bed with his paw and claw behind his head. He always seemed so confident. He didn't care about how he looked.

Nor should he, she thought. She still found him very attractive.

She was just worried that she didn't look as attractive to him.

Discord didn't age. He did have fluffy white eyebrows and a beard, but he never gained so much of a wrinkle. She, on the other hand had begun to worry about lines around her eyes, and a slight weight gain around her middle. She often wondered, with a pang in her heart whether the chaos god might prefer someone younger and more glamorous eventually like the ponies at the ball.

"A penny for your thoughts?" said Discord.

"Oh...um." She fidgeted slightly. It was so hard to talk about. "I...I was just wondering if I should go to the ball or not."

"I'll answer that."

"What?"

"The answer is no. You clearly don't want to go, and all those stuffy ponies are sooo boring."

This was typical Discord, but she had to admit she couldn't disagree. She looked up at her reflection in the mirror again.

Discord's head popped up in the mirror next to her, his paw and claw on her shoulders. "See, you even look upset about going."

"Am I ugly?" came the startling question from her lips.

Discord blinked once.

"I don't mean to answer a question with a question...but...'what kind of question is that'?"

"I'm aging Discord."

"And you think that makes you unattractive."

"Yes."

"Well then, I think I'm going to have to show you how wrong you are on that score."

She squeaked as he scooped her up in his arms and carried her over to the bed. As he gently lay her down on the sheets, he whispered, "Fluttershy, things change, ponies age, but you've always been interesting to me. I'm chaos, do you seriously think I'd want things to be the same all the time? Your appearance might change a little, but you're my Fluttershy, my friend, my mate. And yes, you daft mare, you're gorgeous."

With that he crushed his lips against hers and began to fumble with her dress. She gasped with pleasure as he shifted and planted soft kisses across her neck and chest. Discord's paw and lips made her feel alive, and electric. He helped her wiggle out of her dress. He undid her hair clip and her mane tumbled down, then he moved up and kissed her passionately on the mouth again. When he pulled back he said, "Yeaaah. I don't think you should go to that stuffy pony thing. Stay here with me. I want to make sure you feel beautiful."

She smiled up at him. "Okay."

Next prompt: Nightmare

*heart explodes*
Yep, you can writ excellent fluff, never doubt that ability ever again. And you made them mates...love it! I never thought you'd write then like that, but I LOVED IT ALL. OH DEAR HEAVENS THIS WAS BEAUTIFUL I WANNA FRAME IT AND PUT IT ON MAH WALL.

I claim nightmare!

P.S. I just read it a second time, like, a minute after reading it the first time. XD

Tater, if you decide you don't want the nightmare prompt after all, I have one. Had a dream about a Discord figurine that I'd like to turn into a nightmare for Fluttershy.

Prompt: nightmare

To Bits

Discord was a stone statue again.

He didn't look carefree, laughing, like he had for a thousand years, and he didn't look terrified, like he had when Fluttershy and her friends had turned him to stone. Instead he looked sad. Fluttershy couldn't remember why she had agreed to help her friends turn him to stone, and break her promise, or if she even had agreed – maybe the five of them found a way to do it without her. She hoped so, because the sight of him, head drooping, hands clasped in front of his chest, filled her with a terrible grief and guilt.

She couldn't bear the thought of him standing out in a garden, all alone, prey to nature and the weather. "I'm going to take you home and put you in my living room, okay, Discord?" she said to the statue. "And I'll talk to you every day, and read to you, and... and keep you company, because we're still friends. Even after what you did." She wasn't sure what, exactly, he did, but it didn't matter. He had to have done something to have ended up in stone, but she wished that her friends had shown mercy. Had they pushed her into helping them, or just done it themselves? She felt sick with guilt, and wished she could remember which way it had gone. If only they'd just let her talk to him! This was terrible for him; surely they could have found a better way?

But they hadn't, so she was going to take him home.

Carefully, so carefully, she wrapped ropes around him and tied them around her middle. Then she rose up into the air, flapping as hard as she could. The statue was surprisingly light. She hadn't been sure she'd even be able to move it, but she was carrying it without much effort.

Then Rainbow Dash slammed into her ropes while speeding through the air, and broke them. Discord fell.

Desperately, Fluttershy dove for the statue, but couldn't catch it in time. Miraculously the only thing that broke was his goat leg. She could get some epoxy at her house and glue it back on. "Rainbow, you just broke Discord with your carelessness!" Fluttershy shouted.

"Eh, who cares? He's just Discord," Rainbow Dash said. "Sorry, gotta scram!"

She flew off, leaving Fluttershy with the statue. With the broken ropes, she couldn't carry him again, and she really should glue him first. So she flew home to get more ropes, and glue, and returned... to discover with horror that an entire classroom's worth of foals were running around and playing in the meadow where she'd left Discord.

"Oh no!" She flew down to shoo them away, and found they had broken off his antlers and wings. "Get away from him! Go!"

"They're only playing," Cheerilee said.

"But they're breaking him!"

"You can put him back together, though, right? So no harm done. They're just foals," Cheerilee said.

When the foals left, Fluttershy laid out Discord's pieces carefully, preparing to glue them back together. Then Pinkie Pie came bouncing in.

"Hi, Fluttershy! I'm having another party! Do you want to come to my party?"

"No, I'm sorry, I have to glue Discord back together," Fluttershy said.

"Aw! You're gonna work on gluing that old meanie pants statue back together when you could be partying with your friends? Come on!"

"But I really have to – PINKIE!" Fluttershy shrieked suddenly, as one of Pinkie's bounces landed on Discord's broken bat wing, snapping it in half. "You broke him! You broke his wing!"

"Whoops, sorry! I'll be careful!" Pinkie said, and promptly bounced onto his goat leg, breaking that too.

"NO! Pinkie, just go away! I have to fix Discord and you keep breaking him!"

"You're being mean!" Pinkie said. "You should be with your friends, not fixing a dumb old statue! See if I invite you to a party again!" And she bounced off.

Fluttershy felt sick. She hated conflict with her friends, and now she had really upset Pinkie Pie... but on the other hand, Pinkie had broken two of Discord's limbs. Fluttershy tried to match the two pieces of the wing up, but there seemed to be a tiny little chip on one edge that made them not fit together right.

Then Rarity was there. "Darling, I've heard you're being very rude today, and I've come to ask you to stop it."

"I'm not trying to be rude, but I need to put Discord back together. Look at his poor wing!" She held up the pieces. "You're good with detail work, Rarity, maybe you could help me?"

"Hmm." Rarity levitated both pieces. "Well, this is hardly quality work. I'm not sure something so shoddy could possibly be repaired."

"But it's not a real statue! It's Discord! I have to put him back together again or I can't save him!"

"Some things just aren't worth saving, Fluttershy," Rarity said dismissively, and dropped the two wing pieces. They shattered into half a dozen pieces of various sizes, as Fluttershy stared in horror. "You really should stop worrying about this old statue and come spend time with your friends. We're more important than a nasty old thing like this. But I suppose you'll come to your senses eventually." She pranced off, as Fluttershy stared in horror.

"Discord," she whimpered. "How am I going to get you back together?"

She managed to glue the two pieces of his leg together, and set them aside to dry as she tried to find the pieces of the broken wing. "Oh, no, they're so tiny," she whimpered. "How will I ever find them all?"

Then she heard a loud "crack", and looked up to see Applejack rolling a barrel over the leg she had set out to dry. Not only had it snapped in the place where she'd already glued it, but it had broken in many other pieces as well. "Oh no!"

"Sorry, sugarcube, what'd I run over?" Applejack asked.

"Just go away! Just all of you go away and leave me alone! I have to fix him!" Fluttershy screamed at her.

Applejack looked at the broken Discord pieces. "Waste of your time if you ask me," she said, and rolled her barrel off.

Fluttershy started to cry. There were so many pieces now, how would she get them all together? None of her friends understood how important this was, or cared.

The sunlight was starting to fade as the sun approached the horizon. If night fell she'd never find Discord's pieces. She worked frantically, trying to find all the tiny bits and gather them, but some of the smaller pieces kept flying off as she accidentally brushed them with her wing.

"Fluttershy, you need to come in," Twilight said. "It's dangerous out here in this meadow. Night's coming."

Fluttershy looked down at Twilight's hooves. She was standing precariously over Discord's head, her hooves dangerously close to it. "Please be careful, Twilight, Discord is very fragile! You could break him!"

"That's not important. We have to keep you safe. You're our friend, but Discord's just a nuisance. He's better off in stone."

"But everypony has been breaking him into pieces! I have to glue him!"

"You can't fix everything, Fluttershy," Twilight said, and stepped forward. There was a crack. "Come on now."

Fluttershy looked down at Twilight's hooves again, in despair, where one hoof was standing where Discord's neck used to meet his head, except that her hoof had stepped right through his neck, crumbling the part she'd stepped on into dust and severing Discord's head.

I can't fix that, Fluttershy thought, numb with horror. I can't put so much dust and crumbly bits back together into part of his neck. I can't glue his head onto his neck with that piece missing. I can't save him.

"Anyway, you'd better go inside," Twilight said, and teleported away without even paying attention to the damage she'd done.

Fluttershy reached for Discord's head with shaking hooves. Tears welled in her eyes as she cradled the stone head that would never animate again, never laugh, never greet her, never tell her jokes, never never never—

She screamed, and didn't stop.

Fluttershy gasped, and opened her eyes to moonlit darkness and the little nightlight she had plugged in.

It was a dream. Just a dream. Discord wasn't really stone. No one had broken him into little bits. He was downstairs on her couch and her friends hadn't cracked him into little pieces with carelessness and recklessness and ignored everything she had to say and acted like it wasn't even important to save him. It was a dream.

She threw the covers off and fluttered downstairs, flying maybe just a little bit faster than she ordinarily would.

Discord slept on the couch. He didn't keep to the day/night cycle like ponies did, so when Tuesday tea time, practically the only time Discord actually bothered to keep, had rolled around, he was at the end of what for him had been a lengthy waking cycle, and he'd asked if he could crash on her couch. He'd been sleeping since shortly after dinner.

Fluttershy hovered above him and gently, very gently, touched his chest, confirming that it was rising and falling exactly as it should. She didn't know if Discord really needed to breathe, but he was definitely doing it anyway.

Choking down a sudden sob, she lowered herself onto the couch, wrapping her forelegs around his chest, nuzzling her cheek and mane against his long neck.

Discord stirred. "Huh? Whuh – Fluttershy?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," she whispered. "I had a bad dream."

She felt Discord smiling from where his jaw laid against her mane, rather than seeing it. "Oh dear. Most ponies think of me as the cause of nightmares, not the cure."

"I don't care," she said, and pressed her face and muzzle into his chest so she wouldn't sob, because the reminder of how much other ponies didn't care about him reminded her of her dream, and even though he was obviously alive and safe, the memory still made her want to cry.

"Well. If you need me to protect you from the bad things that go bump in the night, I'd be happy to," Discord said, shifting himself so he was holding her too, his lion leg supporting her from below and his eagle talon draped over her, combing through her hair a few times before finally going still again.

She lay on top of him, holding and being held by him, breathing his scent and feeling his fur against hers, as his breathing changed and he fell back asleep. She wasn't going to tell him that she wasn't here for him to protect her, but for her to protect him.

Next prompt: feathers

Heartbreaking and beautiful! I loved it, is it long enough for you to publish it?

I'm sort of in a bad funk right now but if I feel better soon then I may claim feathers.

4707323 Hey, sorry I've been gone so long. Has anyone made a compilation of these yet? Because if not, I'd like to, if that's alright.

Can we have a new prompt word that's something different? We already have feather, I don't think we need one called feathers.

Whoops, that was a dupe? I must have missed that prompt.

How about ocean, then?

I'll try to make something out of that.

I will take ocean.

Ocean

Discord paced up and down, the walls and the ceiling of the hallway. Beside him were the doors that lead to the operating theater.

“It’s not right, I am the lord of chaos, master of disharmony; I can morph reality with a single thought. And they expect me to what, just wait outside!” Discord ranted, turning his attention to a pony wrapped in bandages, giving him the appearance of a mummy, sitting in a wheelchair.

The only response from the pony was a blink.

“I know alright, that's what I said to her, but she wants our child to be brought into the world the natural way, so no using chaos magic.”

The pony blinked again.

“Of course that bothers me, my way would faster and be a whole lot less painful. Just make a zipper appear on her stomach and undo it and...our baby is..out” Discord voice had trailed off to a whisper. “Our baby!” he repeated .

The pony stared at him.

Discord had stopped his pacing, landing him in the center of the ceiling, he turned his heads to the double doors, his face filled with an ocean of emotion.

“ My best friend, my love, my wife, Fluttershy is in there, giving birth to our child…. and I am not allowed to be in the same room with them, all because of protocol.” he used air quotes for emphasis.

The pony’s gaze didn't waver from him as Discord turned to face him .

“Yes I know that word hasn't stopped me from doing what I wanted before, but it's different this time.”

Turned his back away “ I don't want to mess this up and I feel that if am in that room I will... but at the same time that room is the one place in Equestria I where I want to be...with the pony I love more than anything in this world which is soon to be added to by one and…”

Discord put his hands on every side of his head. “AAA!!!! things were so much easier when I was a chaotic overlord or statue. ”

Silence fell between them after his outburst.

When Discord next spoke his voice sounded far away,“I made a promise, that I would be there.” he stated, “I don't know whether it was to my wife, to our unborn child or to myself. Heck, I don't even know what it really means. But what I do know is that if I am not in that room when Fluttershy gives birth to our child, I would have broken my promises. And that's one thing I know I don't want to happen.” He said with new determination.

He turned to face the mummified pony.

“Thanks Doc, you've been a huge help.” He snapped his fingers releasing a male earth pony in a light blue doctor uniform, glaring at the draconequess.

“First , I am not a doctor I'm a nurse. Second, even if I was doctor I am not that type of doctor. Third, when I asked if you needed anything, that isn't what I had in mind an-”. His words however fell on deaf ears as Discord made his way to the operating theatre.

Next propmt: Tinsel

4937622 :rainbowlaugh: I loved it! It was the perfect mix of funny and heartwarming. :twilightsmile:

:yay:4939143

I am glade you liked it.

What a great story! I'll claim tinsel.

“Can you please hang the tinsel over the fireplace, Discord?” Fluttershy asked her husband, placing a roll of silver, glittering tinsel in his paw.

“You’re really going all out this year, aren’t you dear?” Discord commented, eyeing their living room, which now resembled the front of a Hearth’s Warming card. Multicolored lights hung throughout the room, and continued into the kitchen. Red and green ribbons were wrapped around the banister, and a large, evergreen wreath was placed on the front door. Fluttershy had hung three stockings by the fireplace, and many smaller ones on the front of each birdhouse and cage. Snowflakes cut out of paper dangled from the ceiling, and the entire cottage smelled of pine cones and candy canes, thanks to the scented candles placed on each table.

Fluttershy, who was wrapping tinsel around the window frame, stopped working to look about the room. “Oh dear, I really did, didn’t I?” she giggled. “I guess I just wanted to make this Hearth’s Warming special, since it’s Paisley’s first,” she said quietly, glancing over to bassinet in the corner of the room. Discord smiled, and glided over to the cradle that held the snoozing infant.

“Well, if she could speak, I’m sure she would say that mommy’s done a fantastic job,” he said in his normal joking tone, with a hint of fondness in his voice. Fluttershy giggled, and flew over to peer inside the crib. Discord wrapped an arm around her and chuckled.

“Discord?”

“Hm?”

“I think this is our best Hearth’s Warming yet.” He simply squeezed her hoof in agreement, and bent down to kiss her cheek.

“And we have many more to come.”

Wow, the first thing Fluttercord thing I've written!
Next Prompt: Blindness

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 78