Straight Shipping 2,895 members · 6,632 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

Is it weird that I have one between GIlda Garble and princess ember?? And I don't consider it crack??

Welp

What's your favourite polyship like give me some really wierd ones and I may make you a ban from them on diviantart, maybe for a small amount of points?

5906462 Don't use this group to further yourself.

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

5906473 Alex, he's inviting discussion. Well, for the most part.

5906462 He does have a point. Offering to make art for people can be done elsewhere.

5906473 I'm really sorry! I didn't at all mean to self advertise, I just meant it as like a passing remark or something like a just in case. And before this gets out of of hand I'm a she

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

5906958 I tend to find it's safer to assume male in this fandom :pinkiehappy: You have a better than average chance of being right. But don't worry, Alex's reactions tend to be on the grumpy side. You haven't actually broken any rules. There is one about not advertising groups but to my knowledge none about offering one's own services. Still, as stated, there are better places to make such offers.

5906958 It's a dumb idea regardless.

Plus, this has nothing to do with straight shipping.

5906462 I think my favorite straight poly ship is Shining Armor X Cadance X basically anypony. :twilightsmile: I just like the idea of the Princess of Love being so all-embracing that she can love others, or can let Shining love others. I don't really have a specific pony I fit into those extra spots, though. It's just about liking that couple with an open marriage.

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

5907047 1 male with two females is kind of what most straight men fantasize about. So long as the girls aren't making out that's pretty much straight, yes.

5908261 Threesome piss me off.

Nothing but people bringing debauchery into real life.

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

5908277 Well, that's your morals calling something into question. but that doesn't make a guy with two girls not straight.

Also, with ponies, herding is not debauchery, that's the natural order of things.

5908974 These aren't real ponies. They have marriages.

debauchery

You sound like my mother. :pinkiehappy:

What's so bad about a threesome, though? It's not like it's cheating, both partners are right there, aware and approving of what's going on, kind of by definition. So everybody is consenting, everybody is having fun, why is it bad?

With the scenario I have in mind, Ember and Gilda want a kid but obviously that's not going to work so they ask Garble for help because both females find him mildly attractive. Thomrough the endeavour they all end up falling in love. (It'a kind of sappy and unrealistic but eh whatever)

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

5909426 Oh, well that's bisexual then.

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

5909406 Who can know what their definition of marriage is? In a society of herd animals it's probably a union of two or more adult sentient beings.

bookplayer
Group Admin

Great, now I have a story idea about Pinkie's family being based on fundamentalist Mormons instead of the Amish, and Pinkie's father getting a second wife. This is your fault.

5909534 Dooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. (And this makes my "reminds me of my mother" thing even funnier, my mother is Mormon. Though not the fundamentalist kind, just the regular sort.)

5906462 shiny armor x pricness Candace x Twilight sparkle
those 3 for the win,

5909438 God you're really picking at strings aren't you?

5909534 Or, you know, you don't do that.

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

5909888 It makes more sense than monogamy. Honestly, polyamory makes more sense in general. And in a society that doesn't have weird religious hangups, I don't think there would be a need to impose things like limits on romantic partners.

5909888 We've seen a relatively small number of married couples in the show. Obviously monogamous marriage exists in Equestria, possibly it's even quite common, but it's not that out there to speculate about pony polyamory. I doubt the show would ever show it, of course, given that it's aimed at American children and meant to be non-controversial, but it's really not much of a stretch to picture equines in herd-based social systems.

5909892 No it doesn't you bloody twit. What the hell happened to your life that turned you like this?

It's a cartoon, not you bucking wet dream.

5909978 Or maybe polyamory doesn't exist in that universe because it's an actual beautiful world to live in.

5909993 Maybe it'd be a beautiful world for you, it'd suck massively for me. Do you really think that every single person in the world should live their lives exactly like you do?

5910016 No, I never implied that in the slightest bit. But everyone deserves to live in a world that is happy for them.

Only not when they cross the moral line.

5910019 WHAT moral line? You've still never explained why threesomes or polyamory are bad. What about them are bad? Why are they bad?

5910022 Threesome aren't too bad by itself. I just don't care about it. It's a closed door kind of thing.

Humans aren't polygamous. It's just another step into debauchery.

If you can't understand do not talk to me anymore.

5910030 :facehoof: So the moral line is "I say so, therefore it's wrong." You don't actually have any explanation or reason, you just don't like it.

You really do sound just like my mother. Are you by any chance a sixty year old, devout Mormon? :pinkiehappy:

P.S. Humans are totally polygamous. I'm polygamous. I'm human. Therefore at least some humans are polygamous. Unless you're going to try and argue that I'm not a human being. Maybe I'm an alien, somehow accidentally raised by humans and I don't even know it! :twilightsmile: But that's not terribly likely.

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

5909993 ... I think you need a time out, alex. Take 24 hours to remind yourself not to personally insult someone you're having a discussion with. I'm not angry, but you need to keep it civil.

As for how I turned out this way, it's simple philosophy. If we're talking about how I conduct my life, that's entirely different. I won't explain further, because you don't wish to hear it anyway. But, at the very least you need to be able to see an opinion you don't like (in this group anyway) without being an ass to the person expressing it.

[Polyamory] makes more sense than monogamy. Honestly, polyamory makes more sense in general.

I’d probably agree with you. But there’s one problem with polygamy: The gender ratio. When men marry multiple women (and that’s usually the way polygamy works), there aren't enough men for all the women. That leads to trouble. I think the West was right to make polygamy taboo.

But Ponies don’t have a one to one gender ratio. They have a lot more women then men, so polygamy would be necessary for them. If Equestrian society enforced monogamy, there’d be a lot of lonely mares.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30