The Accusation Fic Collection 1,049 members · 2,017 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

It seems recently whenever I come here, all people want to do is fight about one pony, or complain about that pony (or episode), and it becomes a screaming match between the users and their supporters. It’s like we can’t get along anymore without hurting each other. And I know its not my place to say, and I apologize in advance, so let me say this: why can’t we just stop this argument once and for all?

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Because sadly some people just want an excuse to complain, no matter what the reason. Some people just want an excuse to hate the series because they can't stand the idea if everyone else enjoying it.

Certain sections of the fandom simply can't adapt to a changing series, so they thrive on repeatedly complaining about it, demonizing anyone who supports it and generalizing the rest of the fandom as "blind sheep".

Those sections of the fandom are too immature to acknowledge both the good and the bad of the series, to them, it's either objectively perfect or complete and utter trash, there's no in between for them.

Comment posted by Humanity deleted Nov 6th, 2021

Even so, and no disrespect but arguing with them doesn’t make it better, in fact it makes it worse. I don’t care for Starlight Glimmer, but I won’t be yelling that she should be punished and her supporters are idiots for liking her. It doesn’t solve anything.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Try telling that to every other so-called "fan" who keeps whining about how she's a Mary Sue (look at this point they probably don't even know what that phrase means, having confused it with "character I don't like").

While you may not do it, there are people in this fandom who will go out of their way that blatantly ignore any development she has had in favor of complaining about her past actions and acting like any progress she made doesn't exist, claiming that "the writers handed it to her".

Going for the meta reason is pretty much or another form of giving up and using it as an excuse or a crutch to keep complaining.

Like I said before, failure to adapt.

You think this is bad? You should see the Thomas the Tank Engine fandom. If it could be called a fandom anymore.

6444523 Or the Sonic fandom, or Undertale's, Steven Universe, Rick and Morty, etc.

Please tell me you’re joking.

What about Fame and Misfortune? So what if the fans get called out? I really don’t care for it. The problem is that by griping about it, you’re proving them right.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

See what I mean? They'll dish out complaint after complaint and then have the audacity to get offended when the show fired back at them

Heck some of them boycotted the show just because of that episode.... the same way those idiots in the episode tried to boycott Rarity.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

They're complaining about female characters being on the show for the sole purpose of replacing the classic male characters in the main group, said male characters are no longer on the show because they're no longer part of said group, the realism, and this all before the entire special and 22nd season is out

People tried to do that with Teen Titans Go, and all it did was give the show a lot more ammunition for more episode calling out the audience.. They don’t care, and neither do the producers of My Little Pony.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

They don’t care, and neither do the producers of My Little Pony.

While I can't speak for TTG, it isn't exactly fair to make the same assumption for MLP. Especially with most of the more recent episodes that have been coming out. If they didn't care they wouldn't how to put any effort into giving this episodes like The Perfect Pear or great lore and world-building concerning the Pillars of Equestria and the origins of the Elements themselves.

TTG just makes the characters idiots. MLP puts actual effort into their ideas, some more than others.

I’ll have to admit that you have a point on what you have said.

The reason I’m talking about this is because we have some Starlight centric episodes coming up soon (not this weekend) and I’m dreading the eruption that’s going to happen.

The synopsis is that bad?

Comment posted by Humanity deleted Jul 29th, 2018

I think it's simply that every now and then, people like complaining. Sometimes we all just have to vent, and complaining can be an outlet for that.

The problem comes when either the person who started the complaint or the people responding to it can't defend why they did it.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Funny how you decide to get involved only when someone defends Starlight or the fandom for still liking the series, and yet you’re more than willing to turn a blind eye to the stunts other users love to pull. Last I checked, that is basic hypocrisy.

And what do you do when someone starts soapboxing about Starlight or how the series sucks now? You ENCOURAGE them to keep gong:

Like here:

Or here:

And here:

And let’s not forget here:

Or points where you just look for an excuse to be a jerk:

So it's ok to hijack a thread as long as they're shit-talking something you hate about MLP?

Here's a friendly reminder of what Psy said:

What was it you said before? Ah yes:

It is ok for you to like parts of the show that others don’t. It is NOT ok for you to be outright hostile towards people who see problems with the show that you don’t.

By that logic if you dislike parts of the show that others like that’s fine, but you don’t have any right to claim that everyone who does like it isn’t sound of mind. There’s a difference between disliking something yet acknowledging the positive points and disregarding any good points of it in favor of simply hating it any anyone who defends it.

And newsflash: the thread was questioning why so many fans were negative about certain aspects of the show, so I stayed on the thread subject.

Comment posted by DR-Fluffy deleted Aug 8th, 2018
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20