Crack Ships Inc. 612 members · 878 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Ladies and gentlemen, mares and stallions, welcome to the unofficial crack shipping contest for October. Our illustrious leader hasn't been active lately, but a group of us decided that there should still be a contest.

As with the other contests, there are no prizes to be won, besides an ego boost and the knowledge that you contributed to the crack ships that our groups adore. And in the end, isn't that worth it?

The Rules :

1. All prompt entries must contain, in some from or another, two (2) or more of the chosen ponies entangling in some form of relationship. Which two, the depth of their relationship and how they act on it is totally up to you.

2. All entries must be in by the 25th of October at the latest (11:59PM EST). On the 26th, all entries will be displayed for a community vote, ending on the the 1st of November. You will have the option to vote publicly in the forum, or send me a PM with your choice.

3. All entries must obey site rules. In addition, stories containing clop and/or gore must be clearly indicated as such, for the benefit of those who do not desire such things.

4. Post a link to your stories here in this thread when you are ready to submit them.

5. Only stories submitted to FiMFiction after the contest begins are eligible. You are not permitted to submit a fic you wrote 6 months ago, even if it fits with one of the pairings.

---
Now for the ponies you have the honor of shipping...

Our first pony is none other than the Element of Generosity herself: Rarity. She's beautiful, she's graceful, she's amazing in so many ways. Will she find a partner as graceful as she?

Our second pony is one of the greatest and most powerful unicorns in all of Equestria... At least in her own mind. Still, despite her arrogance and lack of skill, is it possible for Trixie to find love?

Our third pony may not be as well known (or as party crazy) as her sister, but surely Limestone Pie can find someone to love her, right? It must get lonely on that rock farm...

Our fourth pony is a member of the Apple Family, so you know he's hard working! He even finds work cleaning windows in Canterlot. Can Hayseed Turnip Truck meet the right partner for him at a good old fashioned Ponyville Hoedown?

Our fifth pony may look like he belongs in a high school, but he's actually a well trained Royal Guard working in the Crystal Empire. Will Flash Sentry be able to meet somepony he loves in the frozen north?

Our sixth pony is one most should know - at least if you're the type to hang out in nightclubs, at awful fashion shows, or even at royal weddings. Vinyl Scratch, stage name DJ Pon3, is looking for love as well as another number 1 hit.

As a bonus, OPTIONAL challenge, set the story around Nightmare Night, since it's the October Contest. Remember, this is optional.

Finally, I'd like to direct everyones attention to this thread. A few weeks ago, a challenge was issued, and so far no one has met the challenge. If you love crack shipping, give it a shot! Everyone needs love!

Good luck writing this month, and remember to have fun!

Hmm.
Trixity and Flashity seem too obvious.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

If I wasn't so busy with One-Shotober this month, I'd love to write something for Hayseed.

They aren't common, but they certainly seem like the easiest to do. Rairty/Hayseed has a lot of potential... they've already had what could be considered a meet cute if someone decided to build off of it.

Hayseed x Flash could be fun. I don't think I'd be able to write a M/M ship and make it believable, but I think this is one I'd love to read if someone's daring enough to try it.

Up until the comic ruined headcanons everywhere, Limestone was known as Blinkie (often short for "Blinkamena") Pie. Her sister, Marble (or "Inkie") Pie was compared to Octavia. It is therefore possible to take the TaviScratch (most overused ship ever) and create a foundation for a Limestone x Vinyl ship:

Limestone and Marble fight over Vinyl, Marble wins, destroying her relationship with her sister. Years later, Marble is known by her stage name of Octavia, her relationship with Vinyl turned out to be a dud, and the sisters are still estranged. Is it possible for the pony who divided them to bring them back together?

A different slice of Rare Pie: "Built on a Solid Foundation" - When Rarity expands Carousel Boutique, Limestone Pie is in charge of the construction company. Rarity finds herself admiring Limestone's skill in both running the business, and not being afraid to get her hooves dirty. What issues arise when she finds out that her crush is the sister of a certain Pink Party Pony?

I am unlikely to write any of these, so if someone wants to take one of these ideas and run with it, you have my full blessing.

Somebody write one involving Falsh Sentry and Trixie! :pinkiehappy: Please! :heart:

Finished.

Once in a Lifetime, staring Trixie and Flash.

I would like to enter my story in the contest.

Title and Link: Beats and Turnips

Rating: Everyone

Characters: Vinyl Scratch and Hayseed Turnip Truck

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7