Equestria Divided 705 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 263 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 263

Here we can share and/or discuss OC units for the Houses and Cult of Equestria Divided.

Let me start with a Whitegold Unit:

Bloodstone Banshees (Thanks go to Lyger101 for the name)
House Whitegold

"When we start screaming, they'll be bleeding!"

Former members of the Sapphire Sirens, kicked out for a lack of lady-like grace and a bad taste in music. Whereas Sapphire Sirens are pure support units Bloodstone Banshees are powerful combat units. In melee combat, Bloodstone Banshees use their hoof-blades and dance-based martial arts prowess to shred their opponents to pieces. The most devastating ability of the Bloodstone Banshees is their variation of the Sapphire Sirens voice magic, which allows them to instantly kill weaker enemy units, and stun and/or damage stronger units; needless to say this power is highly effective against Gem Golems, Illusion Projectors, and Sunray Cannons. There is a downside to the Banshees' scream, overuse of the power can damage, even destroy the Banshee's vocal cords, leaving them unable, at least temporarily, to use voice magic or even talk. Although Banshees and Sirens consider each other rivals they will work together, but because their styles of voice magic interfere with each other only one can use their powers at a time

Topaz Temptress
*Giggles* "We have a 'special' song for you~"

Unlike the standard Whitegold Sapphire Sirens, these band of scandalously sexy ladies have taken up their skills to the next level. Under the Pegasus' unique training regimen, these Siren's can use their Voices to 'charm' enemy forces for a limited amount of time and cause them to turn on their allies, wreaking havoc on enemy lines as Units scramble to get themselves back into order from sudden defection.

974057 I'll put it to good use~ ;3

974098 Done and done~! Also, believe it or not, I've never heard of Soundwave nor transformers until someone pointed it out.

Saw this thread and was interested to see what other units people have thought of for the Houses. Sure enough I was like I have three units that I discussed in another thread awhile back. (Referenced Thread) Now looking at the current two posted I'm like damn we love expanding on those dance mares... :raritystarry:

973755 Possible alternate names for your unit Sound Wave: (yes, their letters are made to match) :raritywink:
Coral Charmers
Topaz Temptress
Serpentine Seducer
Amethyst Allures

973672 all I could think of for yours was Bloodstone Banshees... sry. :raritydespair:

Whitegold Unit:
Emerald Enchantress
Quick, agile, and sultry these mares are perfect representatives of Whitegold ideology on refinement and class. Used predominately as bodyguards and entertainers for nobles and other prestigious members of House Whitegold. Their origins within the House began when the Emerald Enchantress were received as "gifts" from the Zebra Cities Viceroys as tokens of friendship for the lucrative trade shared between these city-states. Due to this only Rarity and a chosen few have actual Zerbra Enchantresses while the rest are mares formerly trained under them as Lady Rarity encouraged their expansion inorder to relieve much of the Crystal Golems for use by Whitegold forces.

Excavator, originally called "Diggers" (Thanks to Black Hoof for help w/ flushing this unit out)
Diamond Dogs equipped with magically enhanced digging gauntlets called 'Earthmovers'. They play a vanguard role using the gauntlet to go underground quickly and than appear where they want to during the battle, and attack isolated enemies, artillery pieces, magicians... from the rear or flanks. Usually Excavators are ranking Diamond Dogs within the Whitegold army.

Jassinaries
Background: Seeing as how there are the Northern Zebras in exile whose design takes after a more African tribal feel(Zulu).The Southern Zebras should take after a more Ottoman Empire style. This would include that they have Janissary troops sent to serve not only in Whitegold's army but also individual nobles whose pockets are deep enough to make use of them for personal excursions into the other House's territories for reason of raiding, personal glory, or adventure seeking. Basically, these units would consist of Zebras using their own newly acquired versions of the Arquebus that House Whitegold has so "generously" given to the Zebra Viceroys (for a hefty sum) to reengineer into their own muskets.

974057 Bloodstone Banshees...I like it! Changing the name now.

Under Sound Wave's command these Mares are more formidable than most other Sirens as unlike their defenseless Counterparts, these mares can protect themselves with hidden and improvised weaponry.

:facehoof: Totally not getting into Sue territory here. [/sarcasm]

here's a hint on avoiding that: If you have something that's like something someone else made, but better, re-think it. Your units are not only sexier and can fight, but have this ability to turn other units? Learn about balance first.

Aside from sounding obnoxious, the OC commander is obviously a self-insert and basically stole the name of a Transformer.

974098 Balance is a valid point that I think alot of OCs tend to ignore. Gets kind of annoying when you read character description that ignores the world's prior peaceful state and says they were already prepping to fight just because it was family history, or they were anti-social, or its an heirloom that deals with the specific enemy they've sided against.

However, if your gonna chose a Soundwave picture, please use a more proper one that captures his glory! :rainbowlaugh:

And no need to go sarcastic and offensive for this.
You could have worded your thoughs politely and nicely.

Poor Yorick's Juggernauts

These badasses not only are the strongest, but can also fly, thanks to Applebloom's newest invention - the rocket jetpack. They also carry a rotary hoof cannon for aerial dogfights, and thanks to Buffalo shamanistic rituals - are completely immune to spell-based magic.

They also raise the morale of every allied troop around them, and make the enemy shit their pants in fear, thereby reducing their movement speed to zero.

Also, they can summon quarry eels.

:ajsmug:

Magic Abominations (could use a better name)
Moon and Star mages that have gone really far beyond their limits with magic will turn into living beings of pure magic in the shape of a pony. The painful transformation gives them extreme offensive magic but weakens their physical bodies. While Archmagister Twilight Sparkle sees potential in using these beings, it is discouraged by the "sanest" mages. The reason for this is that the transformation is a kind of last resort, and is in many cases irreversible, plus the Abominations will be destroyed by their own unshackled power in a matter of time, with a very small number of these beings surviving battles, even ones that they won. The ones that do survive only have a small chance of returning to their normal forms, and if they do they will be weakened for a time.

Gem Wizards
Whitegold's gem wizards often take non-active roles creating Gem Golems. However, some of them get the urge to aid in battle as a way to test their magic. In battle, these Gem Wizards are mainly supporters, creating gems and crystals in the battlefield that have a variety of purposes. They create crystal walls to use as temporary shields for groups of units, large magic gems that buff allies' offensive capabilities and can even cause gems to burst from the ground below enemies. While they are very useful, they are not the best in terms of defense, therefore it is rare to see them without allies defending them, usually in the form of their own gem golems.

974280 This reply sums it all up.

Reading Pooryorick's post and I'm like... well this is over the top:applejackunsure:... then I see the quarry eel statement. :ajbemused:

974185 I could've but I can no brain in morning.

974122 I was actually looking for one of the more awkward looking pictures. As it is, Sound Rave is best Sound Wave.

No random Crits and they'll be balanced.

Bandit Faction

Bandit Runners

"If you wanna be as fast as me, I'd suggest a mixed green."

Slender and small, these young Stallions and Mares know one of the true facts of life; "Run fast and try not to die a virgin." Dressed in tattered clothes and small sacks, the other factions have taken to calling them 'Mummies' or 'Poor Ninjas' for sport. Equipped with dull daggers for self defense, they are best used as Scouts for the Bandit Faction, keeping an eye on enemy troop movement and high tailing it when spotted. Easily one of the weakest but fastest ground unit, they can run down fleeing soldiers and raid trade caravans with ease, popping in and out before they can get badly hurt. The perfect nuisance for an ill prepared enemy and a perfect nuisance for a very prepared enemy.

Fire Bombardiers

"One of my eye brows grew back!"

Consisting of Earthborn Engineer rejects, Pyromaniacs, and Apothecaries who've run out of herbs, the Bombardiers are the Bane of Everfree and anything that can burn. Practically covered in small clay orbs which burst into flames upon being met with a significant enough force. Capable of setting entire bases and legions of enemies in mere moments, they are usually a priority for ranged units whenever spotted. Thankfully their movement speed is lacking and they don't have armor to speak of. Another flaw they have is that anyone with a good enough aim can detonate one of their fire bombs while its still attached to its owner, causing a chain reaction for instant cremation.

House Moon & Star unit

The Hornless

“Show me the earth ponies and I will make them wish they hadn't taken my horn”

Unicorns that joined house moon & star after having their horns sawed off. They utilize a special technique developed by the House to reroute the magic they usually use to cast spells with to their muscles giving them enhanced strength and endurance, so much that they could fight evenly with the earthborn juggernauts despite their smaller size. They are known to carry weapons and gear that most ponies couldn’t even lift into battle and mostly focuses on melee combat. They are considered by the house to be lesser unicorn, though most of them could care less about it because all they want is to kill as many earth ponies as they can as payback for taking their horns and due to this they usually ignore other pony types until you get between them and their target.

This is just something that's been bounching around in my head since i watched Goodfellas. I don't care for OC units but i wanna give this a shot.

Whitegold unit:
Whitegold Mafia
Built from the remnants of the once-feared and infamous Equestrian Mafia by Mistress Rarity herself, this shadowy organization isn't usually seen on the battlefield if at all. Off the field, however, they've been essential with supplying troops and civilians alike with supplies, offering protection to various key parts of Whitegold and just keeping an eye out for bandit groups, rebel formations and other enemies trying to chew their way into the city from below. Their famous leader is Octavia, former celloist turned mafia don and one of Rarity's most trusted advisors.

Ahh, you took my Janissary idea! :applecry:

Mine is that in Earthborn, even for the unicorns that agreed to go under the dehorning process. They are still treated with suspicion at best, second class citizens at worst. Despite the hypocrisy, the dehorned unicorns formed a unit in order to feel welcomed and accepted by the Earthborn higher ups. They named themselves after the legendary slave soldiers of the Camels. To make up for their lost ability to create magic. They made up with technology instead, with flintlock muskets that are more advanced than Earthborn's Hoof Cannons or even arquebuses of Whitegold. Rumor has it, that they have ways to make temporary horns, to create magic for a short time.

The unicorns of Moon and Star consider them traitors and are baffled by those who even agreed to be dehorned. As they considered dehorning as magical gelding.

975557 The only critique I have for that idea is that these Unicorns have made tech more advanced then the faction they serve. The Arquebuses of Whitegold lack power but make up for it with range, and Earthborn hoof cannons pack a punch but are unreliable in firing accurately or at all. Suddenly, these second-class citizens supposedly made their firearms with better quality then the forges or artisans of either side when they lack access to facilities for manufacturing them. I'd tone it down a bit.

975349 I haven't seen such OP since the Necrons were introduced in Dawn of War: Dark Crusade :facehoof: Though seeing a Dehorned Unicorn doing something like this...

Would be awesome. Maybe a dehorned Inquisitor. (dibs on that OC)

THey got adavanced muskets with Magic! :trollestia:

975708 For that answer I give you this. -->10/10
But for the reasoning I give you this...

Here's a member of a new faction I'll be working on later; to avoid spoiling it I'm labeling them under Unknown Faction.

Iron Rifleponies
Unknown Faction

"Tod den Faschisten! Tod dem falschen Adel! Und der Tod der Laich des Lachen Dämon!"

No one knows who these ponies are, where they came from, who they’re allied with, what they want, or even if they’re ponies or some new form of construct, the only thing for certain is that all aggressive actions taken against them will result in heavy causalities for the attacking force. Clad in armor heavier than Praetorian or even Juggernaut armor, they are slow, but are everything short of immune to infantry attacks. While their rifles have neither the power of House Earthborn’s hoofcannons or the accuracy of House Whitegold’s arquebuses they are a perfect balance between the two, and are able to fire several shots before needing reloading. The Iron Rifleponies are almost as deadly in melee combat as they are in ranged combat, any unit short of heavy infantry that engages an Iron Riflepony in melee combat will likely wind up crushed to a pulp under their hooves. No one can predict when or where the Iron Rifleponies will turn up, but a few things can be predicted: If members of House Whitegold, Moon and Star, or the Cult of Laughter are in the area the Iron Rifleponies will attack these units on sight; if any civilians in the area are under attack the Iron Rifleponies will protect them, regardless of allegiance.

Yes, they seem overpowered, but there's a reason for it, just wait.

It's "Nor" not "or" when you use the word "neither" :raritydespair:

975780 I always thought that was a double negative.

Continuing my Bandit posts;

Bruisers

"Sticks and Stones will break your bones, and these will break everyting else."

Big, dumb, and not terribly clever, the Bruisers are the muscle of a good Bandit horde. Armed with large clubs or sledges, they can easily shatter the bones of common infantry and still cause significant damage to those wearing armor due to their weapons being Blunt, not bladed. Thick hides can soak up ranged and melee damages, armor upgrades making them even more dangerous (amongst other things). Though it is tough to get them from A to B and any decent commander can deal with them easily enough if they know how to use their ranged units properly. Smaller Bandit units around Bruisers also get a slight moral boost given they'd rather fight the enemy than to try deserting with these Bouncers around.

Smuggling Cart

"Settle down lads, passing a checkpoint!"

The Smuggling Cart is the Bandits go to transport given it disguises itself as a Factions Trade Carriage, allowing it to bypass checkpoints and encampments to gain access to the less guarded areas of an enemy base. Starting off as just a jumbled mess of junk on a cart, a decision is made once its built as to what Faction its disguised as. Further upgrades later on allow you to change the disguise on whim and increase the amount of Bandits that can be smuggled in. Can also steal enemy resources by following a trade route, denying the enemy some resources while adding to the Bandit's treasury.

Wheellock mechanism instead then, reversed engineered by Whitegold's Arequebuses. So, it's essentially reversed-reversed engineered

Stormwing Tagmartar

Among the wealthy nobles of Stormwing there has always been a rather subtle rivalry. One of the greatest traditions known is for them to join the Tagmartars, a legion of well trained soldiers equipped with some of the finest armour and robes affordable. It presented an opportunity for them showcase their wealth and fighting skill while also serving their House in battle. They became a key component of the Stormwing war machine, able to effectively and efficiently deal to many of their foes elite troops. While they number only 100 at most, each possess a variety of war gear handed down through their families from the Pegasi order of old. As a result they often lacked any proper legion coherency, but each of them was as determined as the next to outdo the soldier beside him.

Many of the Tagmartars sported cloaks, draping under their wings and hanging over their backs. Each bore the heraldry of his family, otherwise simply the icon of the House. Their armour was primarily focused on the protection of their front, rather than dare turn away from the enemy. As a result each bore a hefty iron shield, the size of which made it difficult to maneuver and carry around. Their chest was covered in a plate of iron armour backed with a chainmail shirt. The helmet was often the most prided piece of a soldiers gear, aside from his weapons. Many chose a far more traditional design that obscured their face and granted them excellent protection, but restricted their vision as a cost. Others chose a far lighter and mobile helmet that granted a wider range of vision. In the end it really did come down to who looked the best in their armour, whether it be on parade or on the battlefield. Each and every soldier would spend hours cleaning and polishing his armour so that it would stand out above his comrades. Some accounts even suggest that the sun shinning of their armour caused the enemy to shield their eyes in fear of being blinded, leaving themselves open to the thundering charge.

While they are efficient fighters, it is a heavy blow with each of them who falls. With but 100 of these troops to name they cannot afford to act rashly. As a result they are only ever deployed in battles of vital importance or where it is deemed absolutely necessary. But death in battle to the Tagmartar is one of the greatest honors a Pegasus could dream of. For what better way to die than on your hooves fighting?

I've updated my two OC units with quotes. Yes, the Iron Rifleponies' quote is a hint as to what they're faction is like.

976693 Those guys would make interesting characters in story. So little of them and the fact their self-deployed allows some leeway if you wanted to use one of them as an on and off again character.

975757>>974193 Holy crap its Germa-Neigh! Yeah I too can do puns PoorYorick, lol. :derpytongue2:

Perhaps they where a little op also i like the video choice and yes that would be awesome hehe
And by all means show me what an dehorned inquisitor is like

977228 Definitely a character worth writing about.

977218 Actually I was thinking of calling the country Germaney but your idea's better. Consider it stolen! ...if that's alright you with you, that is.

977341 haha, not really my idea. I got it from another MLP universe someone was making. The map for that universe was AWESOME though, if I can find I'll drop it here but seriously it was one of the most expansive imagined maps for Equestria I ever saw.

Comment posted by Lyger101 deleted May 12th, 2013
Comment posted by Lyger101 deleted May 12th, 2013

Edited my Bloodstone Banshees again, this time for a bit of balancing.

981083 Gotta edit the Onyx still being used in the profile.

Also, here is how a pony, Emerald Enchantress, would look like. Props to artist Otterlore
**note, did not commission this**

Here's mine, please give your two cents on what you guys think

Auxiliaries
As war went on, Stormwing's numbers are in danger of losing their well-trained but irreplaceable troops. Their Ground Guard fought well, but sadly, it wasn't enough and largely ignored. To counter this, Force Commander Supreme Rainbow Dash was persuaded by the younger generals to put more emphasis on their ground forces. Eventually, she agreed and formed three units to provide bigger support for the main Pegasus forces.

Pegasai Peltasts
Needing the horsepower (No pun intended), Order 313 (Execution of any Pegasus flying in other banner) was excluded for those defecting to Stormwing. To prove their new found loyalty, these Pegasi are under watch by either Griffons or Stormwing Pegasi in battle. Under lighter armor and armed with javelins, they harass air and ground units alike while the main forces go in for the kill. Despite seeing ranged weapons as cowardly, even the most traditionalist forces see their effectiveness in battle. Rivalry exists between them and the Wind Riders, but advocates of the former defended them that the latter's role has not been tarnished. Instead, they claim they are proving their loyalty by helping the house.

Ground Toxotes
Putting more emphasis on ranged warfare, the ground forces are given bows carved by the trees of the Everfree Forest. Despite, not being a traditional weapon and deemed cowardly. It has been accepted by Rainbow Dash's eyes after a crushing Earthborn defeat in a Battle of Dragonpoint Outpost where 2000 Earthborn troops lost their lives compared to a mere 100 Stormwing losses. Survivors of the battle recalled seeing a rain of arrows falling down on them, punching through even the Juggernaut Armor. The attempted invasion lead to a full retreat, and brought great praise to the ground forces of Stormwing. Beware of their rain of arrows who bring danger to both ground and air forces alike.

Sky Ballista
Blueprints of an aerial siege engine was given by the defecting House Moon and Star scientists. Although in the battlefield, Stormwing are considered highly disciplined and trained, they bring little help in terms of a siege warfare without conjuring the weather. The Sky Ballista as it was called, was light enough to keep up with the mobility but powerful enough to cause damage to almost any wall. Using reverse engineered techno-magic, the Sky Ballista can hover and fly like our world's helicopter except they can fire bolts of lightning instead of the traditional bolts. The only weakness in their attack is that powerful bolts required longer charges, and if they charge too much, the siege weapon would explode, killing the crew with it.

Changeling Colossus - A hoard of changelings mass together into one superior being. The size and strength of the Colossus depends on the size of the hoard, though any Colossus is a force to be reckoned with.

Changeling Priestess - While the Changeling Queen is much more powerful than any other changeling, she is not omnipotent. It is the role of the Changeling Priestess to augment the Queen's power across the battlefield, both boosting the projections of her will to the further reaches of the field, and enhancing the potency of her powers in a larger radius than she can manage herself.

Changeling Prophet - Much like the Changeling Priestess, the Prophet is a direct aid to the Queen. But, in the case of the Prophet, the Queen grants them higher abilities than other changelings and they are often acting commanders in the field of battle. Outside of war, they are either spreading the word of the Changeling Queen across the land, or acting as her personal guard.

Changeling Artillery Cannon - A complex Hive-like construct formed out of the exocrystals native to the Changelings homeland. This device is run by a changeling in an enhanced cocoon, which acts as a cockpit. The exocrystals can be used to launch arcane energy across the battlefield, drenching the land in balefire upon contact.

The Hive - Changelings grow stronger when they feed off of the emotions of others. So, in the event of battle they often decide to take hostages rather than lives, for the more hostages they can feed from, the stronger they will get. However, it would be unsafe to enact such rituals directly on the field, so comes the Hive. While most hives are immobile and quite expansive, the hives used in battle are easy to relocate and are often quite small. They act as holding quarters for the changelings' hostages and they also allow the changelings to safely feed in the heat of battle.

Moved from Arisaka's thread... probably better placed here...

Cult of Laughter

Deadnoughts

Constructed with the express purpose of establishing control over the skies, these airship behemoths are fitted solely with anti-air corpse cannons, and are a testament to the unholy combinations of pony and machine that the Cult is capable of. With the main balloon stitched from the flayed skin of hundreds of unfortunates, and the propulsion system reliant on severed pegasus wings, the grotesquery that is the Deadnought strikes fear into the hearts of all who encounter it in the open air ill-prepared.

Strengths:
+High health
+High armour
+Powerful anti-air weapons
+Serves as a troop transport

Weaknesses:
-Slow moving
-Very expensive
-Cannot attack ground units
-Extremely susceptible to fire damage

Maladies

These badly decomposed corpses are all but useless in combat and most - if not all - manual labour. However, their usefulness to the Cult resides in their ability to infect large areas with a host of diseases and illnesses. A group of Maladies can easily infect an entire enemy town if left undetected by incompetent guards.

Strengths:
+Fast moving
+Abilities recharge extremely quickly
+Can spread disease to thin enemy numbers and lower morale

Weaknesses:
-Exceptionally weak in combat, both on offence and defence
-Rely solely on stealth to infiltrate enemy towns

House Earthborn

Haymakers

Fitted with light armour with enough blades to make hugging a Smiling Doll the preferable choice, the Haymaker's strength lies in their ability to literally carve paths through enemy forces. Where Juggernauts charge and puncture enemy lines, the Haymakers follow, ramming and spinning wildly, becoming a veritable whirlwind of death within the confines of large enemy formations. Though reckless in their attacks - often sacrificing personal safety to close the distance between themselves and the opposition - the Haymakers are undeniably a force to be reckoned with.

Strengths:
+Fast moving
+Fast attack speed
+Can attack multiple units at once

Weaknesses:
-If allies approach the Haymaker in mid-combat, they will be damaged in the same fashion as enemies
-Cannot attack air units
-Low armour
-Especially vulnerable to ranged attacks

House Everfree

Flytraps

These enormous carnivorous plants coil up the trees of the Everfree Forest, towering far above the canopy and into the open air. Emitting terrifying screeches in battle used to find prey via echo-location, their purpose is to literally devour enemy flying units, or, should this prove impossible - or the enemy inedible -, thrash them violently into the earth below for ground forces to finish off, inspiring allies through displays of sheer force of nature as it does so.

Strengths:
+Incredible damage against air units
+Can injure clusters of enemy air units in one attack
+Provides morale boost to all nearby allies

Weaknesses:
-Can only be built on Everfree influence
-Only one can exist per team at any given time
-Can only attack air units
-Attack cooldown is extremely slow
-Cannot move from where it is rooted
-Very expensive
-Very susceptible to fire damage
-Takes high damage from all ground-based attacks, especially seige attacks
-Will proceed to wilt and die quickly if the Everfree influence it is rooted upon is destroyed

Tribal Drummers

Members of the zebra tribes adept at inspiring allies through battle marches, controlling animal's primal instincts, and breaking the spirits of opponents through the intimidating rhythms that usually accompany an Everfree battle charge. Though unable to participate in direct combat, the abilities of the Drummers should not be underestimated, lest you find yourself being torn limb from limb by beasts that were nowhere to be seen only moments ago.

Strengths:
+Provides morale boost to nearby allies
+Proximity to animals that require a Beastmaster to control will lower the control count of the animal by 1 (E.g. Hydras will be lowered from 4 Beastmasters required to control them, to 3 Beastmasters required to control them) [THIS EFFECT DOES NOT STACK]

Weaknesses:
-Has no attack
-Leaving the proximity of an animal that would require more Beastmasters to control in the Drummers absence will cause said animal to enter a rage state

House Moon & Star

Inquisitorial Ashbringer

Carrying huge tanks filled with flammable gas, their faces hidden behind intimidating magical re-breathers, the Inquisitorial Ashbringers are masters of Inquisition shock and awe tactics. Marching silently into enemy territories, these unicorns deal with their opponents with a huge jet of gas and a simple magical spark; the end result being a devastating inferno. Though used primarily to destroy larger enemies and defensive structures, the Ashbringers do not seem to show any hesitation or fear, though judging this is all but impossible due to their sworn silence, and terrifying re-breathers concealing their features.

Strengths:
+High damage against all non-fireproof units/structures
+Demoralises any 'weaker' enemy troops nearby

Weaknesses:
-Attacks are limited to very close range
-Cannot attack air units
-Has no effect against fireproof units/structures
-Can also demoralise nearby 'weaker' Moon & Star troops (Inquisition troops remain unaffected, however.)

Cult of Laughter
Yet another psychotic fiend has taken to the battlefield. Flame and Joy is what they bring!

Grinning Mummers
Out of the ashes of the Battle of Hoofington these pyromaniacs arose. The Mummers dress in clothing mimicking the style worn by Inquisition forces but instead flaunting brightly-mixed psychedelic colors. In further mockery the Mummers wield what they call “Pyre-Batons” fashioned from crudely rebuilt Inferno-pistols pilfered from the corpses of Inquisition Troops, from the Battle of Hoofington, used in close-combat as a short staff and as a flame-thrower at mid-range against massed troops.
The Mummers like to make their attacks wanton displays of chaos and entertainment. Thus, they have come to admire the fast-attack mania of the Harl-Equine, by making use of the piercing charge of the Harl-Equines’ to then throw themselves into the fray causing havoc among the throng of enemy troops beginning their pyro-technique display of death. This unity of speed and turmoil has solidified an alliance between these two merrymakers, leading to the Mummers sharing in the animosity that the Harl-Equines have toward the Jesters as well.

History
Their first appearance was in the city of Fillydelphia during the New Ponyville Victory Day celebrations. It at first came as a shock to Earthborn citizens and soldiers as what appeared to be a small gaudily-dressed troupe of Inquisition Troops paraded in their midst down the city’s main street comically dancing around several floats and playing tavern songs with lyrics that made many a mare blush and a stallion chuckle. The militia and citizenry thought of it as no more than a bunch of fools and eccentrics having a laugh. But it soon became apparent that these were not innocent ponies. Earthborn citizens then found themselves set upon by their fellows as the Mummers made use of a well hidden Carnival Contraption parading as a float to manipulate parts of the crowd into insanity as well as put many to the flame.
The events of that day were as one dying Mummer uttered, “The greatest show in equestriaaaa…”

Has anyone seen the new units for STormwing?

Talk about a coincidence, since he put a ballista now!

Comment posted by Tonto the Trotter deleted May 28th, 2013

The Manticores are a definite unit for House Everfree, PoorYorick just hasn't drawn them up, but he did mention that the beast tamers make use of them. The Sappers idea though sounds exactly like my Diamond Dog unit, the Excavators, but the difference is that your unit lays explosives so they have differing tactical uses. The Janissaries the same as well, the ones I put down make use of their version of the Arquebus but I did not mention them using swords however that is a very small difference from being considered modified... The Saddle Arabian Knights are definitely a cool concept though.

Glad you like some of my ideas. And yeah, now I've re-read your Janissary idea, I suppose they do sound nearly identical. The only key difference being my zebra janissaries fire the arquebus as a two-man team and yours seemed to fire them like one rifle to each pony. (Did that make sense.?)

Yeah I had this idea about Diamond Dog sappers for awhile. Originally it was pony sappers, but Diamond Dogs seemed to fit the bill better.

1013522 The two-man team does make sense, some early guns where ungainly enough that they required more than one to handle or at least a wooden brace for the gun to settle upon. The Sappers are interesting because it would suggest that the Diamond Dogs have learned enough about architecture to understand weight distribution and engineering. Leaves the possibility for future development of further units.

Yeah that was the idea with the Zebra Jannissaries, they have a modified Arquebus that is larger than the ones used by Whitegold, requiring the two man team. Similar to how Earthborn's gunner has to use a bipod to aim their guns.

I feel the Sappers could fill in the role of that Super-Siege weapon most factions have or be a first resort. Maybe Whitegold doesn't have one as they don't really need to go out and conquer places, preferring to acquire them with money, guile etc.

As for my Nightguard/Batpony idea. I dunno if Yorick ever mentioned if it was just illusionary magic on regular guards to make them look like bat-winged pegasi or if they were a separate species. Since they never get directly mentioned as being part of any of the other houses or having vanished.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 263