Equestria Divided 706 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 269 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 269

Here is hoping that PoorYorick shall come down from the mountain and tell us what he thinks.
First up: For my Caravan Game, I present to everypony: The Caravan.

Art by CK-Faux
Based on the Original Equestria Divided House Sheets by PoorYorickDA

Thoughts? Comments? Insults wrapped up in cans of tomatoes? Send them on... *needs interaction to live* :pinkiecrazy:

Man, that's beautiful. Looks damn near official. I haven't been playing any of the RP threads, cause I haven't a clue how to do it. Been following them lightly, though, and I like the way Caravan is going.
If I had the ability, I'd totally make one of those for the selection of Dark Knight villains I've been doing in the response thread, but I can't draw or do any sort of art worth shit. Guess I'll just have to watch the world burn.

Interesting, now that I actually know more about the caravan it seems slightly similar to a trading guild type group I've formed in by head.

That... and OMG Shamrock's hair is amazing!

Thats pretty good, although she does seem a little to perfect, if you know what I mean. I had considered creating a minor House myself, which I might follow through with sometime soon when my other fics are out the way. House Lazarus, A nightmare militant Theocracy working in unison with things from beyond much like the cult of laughter, but in direct conflict with the cult over the direction of the horror which is to come.

955685 Every house has secrets... darkness... and skeletons in the closet.... and the Caravan is no exception. But this is how they present themselves to the rest of Equestria.
And as one can see, there is a reason that the houses want to root out this little insurrection 'before' it gains momentum.

Indeed, although I am surprised the other houses have not attempted using sleeper agents to infiltrate the Caravan.

955715 Oh... they're trying. As it says, they don't quite understand how the Caravan recruits... it's still fairly new. :derpytongue2:

Nice! Is there a link to the art on dA? The words are a bit too small there.

955728 Auto-resize by FIM... just right click and click 'view image' for large version'.

That is pretty wonderful. :raritystarry:
I ask the authorization of adding RTS quotes about these characters in my quotes for the Archmagister.
Can I? :fluttershysad:

Color me impressed this looks mighty legit. I'm also living the image of her very nice detail!

I hope no one minds I jump this bandwagon and make one for the Hornless Minotaur :o

Good good, maybe you should write a fic about the caravan, give us more of an insiders view of the whole situation. This new "House" has got me thinking, I might speed up the process I was involved in, I wonder if I can find an artist somewhere... hmmm....

Anyway, I hope Yorick gives his blessing to this!

Oh God please do that!

My, my, this is very interesting. And gave me an idea for my fanfic's sequel! (funny, I may not even start writing it anytime soon...:derpytongue2: )

955685>>955697

Have to agree on EldritchSpires point on perfection. But it is good to know from your post Loyal2Luna that even this faction holds secrets close to the chest that could potentially damage their growing support.

On another hoof, if darker secrets there are, revealing them here and now could possibly be a potential spoiler for a future event on the related current RP ; something the other roleplayers might have and prefer to figure out by themselves as the plotline evolves, don't you think?

Would it be okay if I can get the name of the font you used, and a link to the paper texture you used?

Comment posted by Broadsword deleted May 6th, 2013

*Throws can of rotten potatoes at L2L.*

It looks nice. Trixie especially likes the pony there.

Shamrock: *takes can of rotten potatoes... gives it to one of your pony slaves for free along with a can of soup... gives slave a knife....points to nearby inquisitor units who pays no mind to the weak willed slaves nearby... watches the results*

:trollestia:

Love it, brilliantly thought out, would definitely insta-ally.

GaP,GI Trixie Lulamoon: *Looks idly over to a slave ready to ponce on an unsuspecting M&S troop.* http://i.imgur.com/zHCXTpS.png If they are dumb enough to turn their backs on the slaves, then they deserve to be stabbed in the back. *Watches the results as well as the rest of the slaves.*

An entertaining faction certainly, they seem to be much more dangerous as a movement then as an actual fighting force though, which may actually be the 'House's catch.

957174 It is actually. They are not a stand and fighting force. If this were an RTS, then the appeal of the Caravan is an M.O. of surgical strikes, units that specialize in high mobility, (explained later) and conversion of enemy resources into Faction Resources.
Their core group and actual fighting force is also meant to be the smallest of the factions (as they are the rebels) but their intent is to incite revolution and dissent among the houses at every turn.

.."conversion of enemy resources into Faction Resources."

On the topic of RTS's, have you ever played LOTR, the Battle for Middle Earth 2 before? In the game, their is a specific unit/world upgrade/hero who can attack enemy resource buildings to earn resources. If your faction was in an RTS I'd suspect many if not all units would have a similar skill.

I've been writing up a proper Bandit Faction with this specific rule in mind, that they can't generate money on their own and it forces Bandit players to always be aggressive.

But back to the topic at hand, reading on how Shamrock was able to sneak into Rainbow Dash's own quarters on the Caravan RP, I'm getting a Grey Fox-esc feeling from the Elder Scrolls franchise in that her abilities aren't entirely natural. There's more to this Mare than meets the eye, the real issue is that I can't quite narrow it down as to what I'm missing about her. With The Laughing Mare or the Forest Liege I have at least a vague idea as to what's coming. With her she has the potential to be anything really and that is frightening.

Now we have to wonder... Is this a savior come to help the downtrodden? Or merely another hidden player wielding their hand with care until the moment when the hood is removed do we realize another iron fist has trapped us for their own ends. :trixieshiftright:

957645 And there we come across the 'real' question. :trollestia:

Hum, did you miss my question? I asked if I could write quotes about your characters in my Archmagister's post...
In a RTS, it could be special missions with a little group trying to catch the rebels at first, before devolving in real battles after the Caravan manages to launch a revolution.
So, can I?

I did miss that... Sorry. And yes by all means. Was waiting till my characters are more developed before putting them in. You already have some of Shamrock. Hmmm, need to put in a picture of her on that to draw attention.

957716 These questions and more! Next time on Equestria Divided: Caravan, same pony-time, same pony-channel!

The first time I read you guys were calling this Caravan all I could imagine Shamrock Isle's and the others' personality as being like this... :ajbemused:

Now that'd just be perfecto, no? :derpytongue2:

Heheheh.

When somepony seems to be perfect... too perfect... in a world at war, the brightest things might hide the darkest secrets.
Dun dun dun...

I like it, the drawing is of great quality and the concept is interesting.
Of course Shamrock is probably some horrible tyrannt who will plunge equestria into a new dark age should she ever come to power but hey, what can you do.

No problem. And I should also wait for more intel about the other Caravan main cast before writing quotes about them. I hope I did well enough for those about Shamrock.

I wonder now if the crusaders still keep in contact with each other.

Here, have a theme-song for the Caravan to sing around fire pits at night:

:raritywink:

956680 For that information, would be best if you PMed the artist behind the sheet itself: CK-Faux.

959831 And when everypony is drunk enough they sing this around the bonfire :facehoof:

Created my own Minor House, The Sleeping House, a militarized eldritch Theocracy with its hub in Struttgart and rumours of its spreading across Equestria. :applejackunsure: They worship the Mysterious entity "The Dreaming God" and are currently in conflict with the Cult of Laughter over followers. Still need Artwork though, Heres a preview of what I have though up:

962536 I guess Cthulhu is joining the fray.

Comment posted by Sunken EldritchSpires deleted May 8th, 2013

Comparable, but no, The Dreaming God is something else.

Man, how do you people make these things? :applejackconfused:

I do love me some eldritch horror! Save that last bullet for me.

However I must ask, do you plan on making this cult omnipotent? For example, if a well trained pony faced a well trained cultist, what are the chances for either combatant?

I know Lovecraftian lore dictates that mortals are well underpowered to their kind, but there are still chances for mortals to win the day, as slim a chance that is.

Alot of free time and photoshop my friend. :eeyup:

The Cult isn't Omnipotent, it can be defeated, but It would take an awful lot to destroy them. Whilst the Cult of Laughter stays alive because it is able to infiltrate and go everywhere, spreading so far as to be totally impossible to eradicate, These guys did the exact opposite. They Took over Struttgart and turned it into a fortress, manipulated with black magic and covered in traps, a private hell to invade. They also focused on elitism rather than numbers, giving them a literal army of Spartans to use to further their agenda. to this end, it might take quite a few well trained ponies to take down one cultist but they would get there eventually, if they had the numbers.

If for instance, House Moon and Star (or another faction) decided to attack with about 8,000-9,000 soldiers, they would have a good chance of crippling the House (probably resulting in a 6,000 loss on the House, 2,000 loss on the cult), maybe not so much to eradicate it, but so far as to make it struggle to maintain ground. If it did this, another swoop of maybe 4,000 would likely wipe them out completely from Struttgart. The problem for the Major Houses is of course, that to do this would mean drawing away vital forces from the front, leaving them open to attack. so on the general approximation I would say 3 ponies vs 1 cultist could result in a pony victory, but that is reliant on troop quality, morale etc. The House is also weakened by the fact that it cannot expand properly, House Moon and Star surround it, and even if there was another free city, it would mean splitting their forces until that city could rebolster its numbers, leaving them open to attack.

The statistic above is dependent on a pitched battle between the two, with no outer horrors dragged into the mix however. The reality is that the House would probably be attacking by any means possible, including unleashing the Dreams, eldritch horrors, assassins and whatever horrible tools they have available. So to answer your question, yes, you could, with enough force, eradicate the cult, but the conditions of getting that force are fraught, and the losses would be heavy. This is partly why House Moon and Star have left them to their own devices after the "Grey Campaign", its a leave now, kill later approach. They are however aware of the cults danger, if they think it might have something to beat them with, they will act beforehand to stave off whatever they are planning.

Oh my lord... what have I unleashed. :unsuresweetie:

A bunch of organized raiders taking over Old Ponyville, and a cult of Deep One ponies it seems.

well, as long as it's understood taht this is all non-canon to Equestria Divided :pinkiesad2:

Of course, this is all merely fan generated content and nothing more. Yorick's already neck high in canon flavor that he doesn't need us throwing monkey wreches into his continuity. :derpyderp1:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 269