Authors Helping Authors 2,462 members · 8,593 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

just say it,
MARE-y

kind of like how MANny is a nickname for Manuel.

So....is Mary a pony name?

You decide. Hell, next time you need a name for the placeholder character OC that is the stripper at Shining Armor's bachelor party you might use it.

I've certainly seen 'Mary' used as a LABEL, but not a name. :applejackunsure:

Depends. I analyzed the name-archetypes of all three breeds of ponies. A name like "Mary" might work for an earth pony.

Well, if you put it like mare-y, then probably. They have used puns for names, like Mayor Mare.

1048574 Mari, as in Marigold

Why not? Need I remind anyone of the middle name of a certain pink powerhouse of Par-Tay?

1048574 Its an exotic name... which works for your supposed stripper... :facehoof: can't believe I said that...

I could believe it as a nickname for Rosemary.

This thread will now be used to discuss stripper pony names.
(Best fandom.)

I'll admit, the obvious pun was the first thing I thought of when seeing the title.

Yeah, it's totally a legit pony name. Babs is short for Barbara, after all. Even if it isn't, you could easily go with Merry, Marey, Mari, or a bazillion other homophones.

Pinkie had a big list of (what we would call) human names when she was guessing at Cranky's.

It's possible that non-ponies tend to have different naming conventions, which ponies might choose to adopt, for whatever reason.

Broccoli is best dropped name. (She used to be called Candy, but Broccoli is better for you)

If Rarity can name her rock Tom, I don't see why you can't name your pony Mary.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15