Authors Helping Authors 2,466 members · 8,674 stories
Comments ( 129 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 129

I've been thinking and one thing I would love is like for a group of members in this group a small number. No more than 6 to form a roundtable group where we review each others stories and try to help each other out with ideas.

This is just a feeler for now to see if there is any interest. If there is PLEASE let me know and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks

I'm always open to mutually-beneficial arrangements. :)

Sure, just pull your pants down and- wait, there is not that kind of group? Oh well, I'll join anyway.

Oh, are we washing each others clothing?

745081 Well I was thinking more of drenching them in the blood of our enemies, but then I remembered we are bronies and are suppose to be loving and tolerant sooo yeah, it's laundry day. (at least the soap will pay with its blood)

Okie dokie lokie. Maybe we can use this as to wash out the blood stains. I typically find cold water is beneficial

745090 I've been loving and tolerating in the Society for Creative Anachronisms with a sword. So, you can in fact do both. :moustache:

Jokes aside, I think it's a good idea with a small group so it's easier to sosialize with them. Of course that's what this whole AHA group is about, but it is kinda a 'take one before someone else' feeling. A small group on six will make it easier to ask and get a quick response from those you know in the group.

My purpose would be for 6 people right now those would be Me. DualThrone, The Illusive BadgerPony and DrTechno so room for 2 more.

We would have a weekly/biweekly/monthly meeting and discuss someone in this small groups story and offer help on how to improve, pros and cons. Almost like a book club, only with bronies/pegasisters.

Pumped I'm getting such interest in it.

I'm game. Sounds pretty good.

I'm game.

Seems like a good idea.
Of course, I once said that before jumping off a roof with a paper-bag parachute.

745262 745253 745249 745159 745118 745064

Ok group is full for now. We have.

Dual Throne
The Illusive Badgerpony
DrTechno
Nightmare Knight
Kazlene
Sonic Firestorm
RickyB (ME!)

Now I just need to know what days and times are good for you all?

Weekdays after 3 (Midwest time) are sometimes good, it really depends. Weekends I've usually a good amount of free time.

dang it. I am late as well...

Well, fur those of us that are late.

Shall we make round table group 2?

Sounds like a great idea!

I'm in group one, but you guys have fun!

Saturdays, monings and evenings. (I usually go to the gym from 1030 to 1630).

745316 All days, a wide variety of times.

Okay....

Uh, looks like, uh, dang I am guessing leader of group #2....

So,

American_Brony
Derping Doo

We have room for four more writers.

745316Well, normally any time after 4 pm PST (west coast) during the week and after noon on weekends are good for me. Except for Mondays and Wednesdays which are after 5 pm. Otherwise, I tend to have a somewhat flexible schedule.

Well I'm free most of the time currently. Especially on sunday

I don't really have a lot of stories I'm working on (save my flagship), but I do have some projects planned I could use some help with.

Plus, I have older ones that need revisions. You could toss me in.

745811 745798 745617 745540 745364 745159

So what is the best method for you all? MSN, YIM, AIM, IRC Chat?

746189 Y!IM and GTalk are my two IMs.

Skype... I know, a bit personal but that the thing I have.

Skype's really the only way I can communicate. But atm I can't even do that. Laptop (which has Skype on it) was taken away because of bad grades. Though term ends next week, so I should have it back relatively soon. Sooner if I finish my essay on time.

Well I'm working a GMT +1 or 2 I think so saturday and sundays are best for me. If anything beyond that, after 6 pm is when I'm on (house rules)

aim sounds good I think

Well lets shoot for next weekend, I just found out I have family coming Saturday and my sunday is already booked.

So how about March 9th a saturday I believe. I live on the East Coast in the states. Let me know what time is good.

I have a Skype but not the program, so that is an option. IRC chat as well.

We should find one common chat sevice before next weekend. It seems most of us in group 1 has skype, but we have to see if that's what we're going with.

Okay, uh should I create my own tread for group two?

745540 746820 So what is your guys preferred chat method? there is three skypes, one YIM/GTalk, one AIM and one IRC.

Why can't we just set up a blog on here and use that? It's simple and works.
Plus, I have none of those and no idea what half of them even ARE.

752479 Well if it's possible to make a personal thread then it's okay for me.

So have you decided on what chat method to use 746820 ?

Hey 752479, if you want I can help you create a skype account. its free and you can use mic if you want.

Sorry been sick as a dog, thing is I don't think my mic works for skype, but is there a text skype we can use?

764138 Yeah, just turn off the mic setting and you can just use it as a normal chat. Here, take a dog biscuit so you might feel better.

764081 Idon't have a webcam, so that's the problem there.

764285, you don't need one. You actually just need a keyboard since Skype can be used as a chat, but if you have a mic that works too.

764285 764320 746852 746498 746272 745617

Ok lets shoot for 3pm EST on Saturday March 9.

Any idea on what the topic should be?

Also which is better for people AIM or Skype?

764347 for chat I already have Skype, but if there is no expense to aim and most people wants it, I can try it out.
For topic I'm not sure... unfinished stories we're working on and introduce ourselves to each other.

764347 Explain AIM to the technoboob, please.

764370 Hey, just because I write clop doesn't mean I only think of boobs(not all the time)

If you go to www.aim.com

I'm just for introductions and discusion of unfinished stories.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 129