SpikeDash 897 members · 199 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27

So, I want to propose a marvelous idea to you all.

Let's try to get SpikeDash to the top 5 of Rainbow and Spike's most popular heterosexual ships. Hell, if we all try, we could possibly beat Sparity and SoarDash (I don't know the absolute numbers so far)

Yes, I know you all are thinking, "Why, that's not even possible, YNA! They will never be beaten!". Well, I'm here to change your perception of this idea, with this.

I win, hands-down, case closed, end of discussion, <insert more shit here>

1668359 I'm certain we can beat Sparity.

Vexy
Group Admin

1668359>>1668401

I'm pretty sure that we're already in the top five for Spike's shippings. I believe that we're only behind Spilight and Sparity.

Rainbow Dash on the other hand... well she's shipped with everything, so I can't even fathom what her most popular ships are... although I guess the top five would be Rainbow Dash x each of the main six.

Vexy
Group Admin

On a much more serious note, I think we're going to beat Spilight soon.

That is perhaps the most disturbing, hilarious and downright weirdest thing I have seen in at least the last six weeks.

I could see this ship become more popular if Spike grew wings in the show and Dash showed him how to fly properly Then there'd be an influx of this sort of thing.

"It's bullshit! I did not hit her, I did not!" :trollestia:

"Oh hai Mark." :trollestia::trollestia::trollestia:

1668422 Well, if you read my post, I said HETERO ships, because let's face it, it's obvious that Rainbow's a lesbo. There's so much proof, like when she tapped Fluttershy on the shoulder in that one episode.

OBVIOUS SIGNS!

Why, rum, why did you insult my mother?

Anyways, Hetero ships. SpikeDash, top 5, WE MUST!

Vexy
Group Admin

Hetero ships?

Hmm, I'll see if I can gather up some statistics when I find the time. :moustache:

1668505 I'm already on it!

*looks up top 5 Rainbow Dash hetero ships on Google*

Darn, I thought that would work.

Since school buses are yellow, and today's Monday, I don't have to eat breakfast tomorrow.

1668429 I thought we did?

1668435 What's up with people and The Room references?

:trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::trollestia:

Vexy
Group Admin

Spilight group just hit 200 members yesterday.

Also, in the case of heterosexual pairings, SpikeDash is the third most popular pairing of both Spike and Rainbow Dash in terms of group numbers on Fimfiction.

1668605 Ah, Vexy. Always one to stray away from the subject.

I meant, in the whole fandom in itself, what is the most popular hetero shipping among those two. Not only on just Fimfiction.

However, that is amazing to see that we are getting popular. Soon, we will have stories about rainbow-scaled kirins!

Spike and R.D FTW :moustache::heart::rainbowkiss:

Vexy
Group Admin

That would be a lot more difficult to calculate.

Take, for example. the SoarDash pairing. On DeviantArt is has over 1600 members, but on Fimfiction the largest SoarDash group only has 186 members. What's more is that SpikeDash is likely to be even less popular over on DeviantArt due to the lack of key figureheads in the groups promotion such as MallaJong and Denim Blue. I, myself, rarely venture over to DeviantArt, and I know the group over there is only around 200 big, if my memory serves me correctly.

It'd be very difficult to use any of these figures to gauge how popular the pairing is in the fandom over all. I think the best bet is checking out that shipping survey that was done a while back. I believe the most popular heterosexual shipping in the fandom is SoarDash, and if that's at 1600 members over on DA, that's what we should aim for.

1668678 Ah, yes, the calculation would be a problem. It's like a very, very beautiful statue. In the end, the results are amazing, but the work is painstaking.

I would do it, but I'm excruciatingly drunk. Plus, DA and Fimfiction is really all we need. And I think MallaJong once posted a SpikeDash picture in one of his blogs, and it was linked to DA, so that could be considered promotion. Though, I don't know about Denim.

1668578 Simply because I saw the Nostalgia Critic review and the "Everything Wrong With the Room in 8 Minutes or Less" videos on Youtube.

I can't even believe this movie was made. I want to see it just to laugh my ass off.

1668721 You should see it, it's a riot. The fact that it's meant to be a serious drama makes it that much funnier.

In any case, we're not up there, that much can be said. And the hard thing about this is obviously on Dash's side of the shipping. Most popular Spike ship will be easy to break in comparison.

So how do one stimulate the popularity growth?
I guess the obvious one would be if season 4 contained a shared episode between Dash and Spike, but there's nothing we can do to influence that, sadly.

Then I'd say... competitions, like the recent one. Lot's of people writing SpikeDash to promote it on the site works a lot, but if it's held to often I think it'd probably just wear on everyone.

Getting things going over at DeviantART is a whole other story. I have no idea how to do that :trixieshiftright:

1668448 (hey, that's not the reason why I ship it :raritydespair:)

Yeah, main problem is that the nomber of member doesn't define de real popularity of the ship
For example : TwiDash is the group with the most high number of members, but it doesn't mean it's by far the most popular ship (well maybe in the fiction). If you look at the statistic, it's only the eigth (and behind AppleDash and FlutterDash) :unsuresweetie:

I mean, I love SpikeDash, but I never met outside this group somebody who ship it, or even has an opinion on it. I think there's a lot more of people that will ship Sparity, Spilight and even AppleSpike even if SpikeDash has more members :applejackunsure:

But hey, that would definitly be a great way to show this ship to the world if we can beat SoarDash and Spilight. :rainbowdetermined2:

(And if we have to make a top 5 RD hetero ship, I would say : SoarDash, MacDash, ThunderDash, DashBurn, and then maybe Spike)

Anything related to beat the complete lack of originality in Mane6 and almost every female group/mare shipping (aka "They're friends, so getting these girls together is obviously logical") has all my approval. Don't forget SpikeDash is a wonderful pairing and the dragon is da boss.

1669895 Not saying anything is better than anything, though, SoarDash is a bit too cliche in my opinion.

1671684 Probably so, but still. SoarDash is my OTP, but I can never help but fall in love with this ship.

1670011 Actually, I looked into it a bit more and managed to get two of her top hetero ships

So far, I have:

1. SoarDash (which was pretty obvious)

2. ThunderDash

If my predictions are correct, (and by predictions, I mean looking at number of members on DA and Fimfiction) then SpikeDash is third, with MacDash coming in as a close fourth.

Jeez, I guess people really do want her as a lesbo. :twilightoops:

1671726 Not especially her, but most of the cast :pinkiehappy:
For example, all the most popular Twilight ship are lesbo (TwiDash, TwiPie, TwiXie, Twirilee, TwiLuna, Twilestia...) even if she's straight in the canon (EG)
It's just that RD is the most shipped character, so of course we have a lot of gay ship, but not more than the other Mane 6

At least RD is the only one with Flutters that has a popular straight ship (SoarDash and FlutterMac)

Vexy
Group Admin

1670011>>1671726

2. ThunderDash

What the hell is wrong with Fimfiction???

Also, why are there more SpikeDash images on google than there are ThunderDash. Where is this ThunderDash group on DeviantArt you speak of?

Lot's of people writing SpikeDash to promote it on the site works a lot, but if it's held to often I think it'd probably just wear on everyone.

Aye, that's why I don't want to be too pushy with the SpikeDash, and instead think up something else. I've got a few ideas bouncing around my head, but I think I'm going to leave it a few weeks while I catch up with the all the writing I've been neglecting.

1677226 Woops, looks like I better check my shit. :derpytongue2:

Sorry about that, have this as an apology gift.

Acapella is amazing with everything.

Garbo
Group Admin

In quality, for sure. In quantity ... idk.

1706978 One day.... One day.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27