1) TWE was deleted
2) Rage
3) More rage
4) Sierra spoke in Skype
5) Even more rage
7) Wanderer saying he'll "talk to Knighty"
8) I skipped number 6
9) You just made sure of that
10) You just realized that I'm messing with you now.

Discuss.

4) Sierra spoke in Skype

Don't get used to it.

twow443
Group Contributor

It's not so much the fact that TWE went under the banhammer that is the issue for me, it was the arbitary way in which Knighty went about it. No warnings or offers on how to alter the group so as to avoid the ban.

While this is a privately run website in which accepted conventions like freedom of expression are not a legal right, the shitstorm that has arisen from this shows how poorly managed this was.

If he had posted that he would be deleting the group in say, a weeks time, then it would have given us time to rationally discuss what when wrong and appeal to the mods in a civil manner. Instead we got a dick move and multiple flame wars, revealing the almost dictatorship nature of some of the mods.

OtterMatt
Group Contributor

I actually feel personally affronted by this. Personally. I know you guys noticed that I was pushing HARD to make sure we could be known as a place where authors could get HELP instead of just abuse. We had guidelines, we had people COMING to us.

...we were helping...

I—god, I just don't know what I feel right now.
I'm seriously, truly hurt.

Distrance
Group Admin

Societies will never see eye-to-eye with one another. We simply find our niches and roll with them, opposing the other groups of niches built on different morals.

At least we weren't all jerks...:fluttercry:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

You were the one of the forefronts in the general reviews thread (and my regards to those I don't mention), i.e. where anyone could ask for help. This is why I can imagine your distraught feelings at the moment, considering your position. Heck, that's where I recently was referred to an enthusiastic and helpful editor. If there is another thread similar or the same as the aforementioned subject, I'd possibly be a boost to your morale and some other editors out there to help, not hurt.

517287 All we can do now is wait and see how Wanderer does.

If not, we need to re-forge ourselves as a polite and friendly review group. Obtain permission from the author first before launching into a review of their work.

You and Scribblestick were what convinced me to join up and try my hand at being a fair reviewer. You just seemed so helpful to the authors, willing to either point out or work with the author to help. You were doing a good job of improving the groups rep until this happened.

KillerSteel
Group Admin

We aren't banned, so nothing stopping us from trying again. We're always gonna have hecklers, but just like every coin, it's got two sides.

We had tons of supporters, and the flame war that cropped up with knighty's blog just showed us we did something right. It's time we took that something right and made it greater.

We may not catalogue badfics anymore, but our reviews will not stop, I can trust you all to not quit now.

So this is what we have been reduced to, mates? A ragtag group of labeled miscreants? Down on their luck companions trying to pick up the pieces? Aye… t’would seem so.

‘Tis a sad day on the internet, yes. But take the blow with your heads held high, gentlemen, for we know what we did was truly right. Knighty may have taken countless hours of camaraderie and work away from us, but by God…we still have our dignity! So keep going, mates, and show them that what we did was right. Show them that we were helping authors, and will continue to do so! Show them that no matter how many flamers we find, the legacy of our fine group shall live on! Because after all…true Explorers never die…

~The Disgruntled Grunt You Know as Schlippy...
and Resident Bowtie Enthusiast

10 things that happened:

1) Extreme amounts of rage
2) Knighty probably getting pissed the fuck off
3) Knighty probably going to distribute bans soon, probably temporary ones
4) Something probably gets posted on 4chan and shit goes down
5) Mods are probably all arguing
6) You didn't realize I skipped 4
8) You went back to 4 and was disappointed to find it was there
9) You didn't realize I skipped 7
10) You went back to 7 and expected me to be lying, but I wasn't
11) This shit is useless
12) You didn't realize I've made more than 10 things that happened
14) I skipped 13. kthxbai

Do I look like Op to you?

OtterMatt
Group Contributor

It's just astounding to me how you seem to either not realize that no one likes you or not care. Either way, you're adorable.

appletini
Group Contributor

Fuck it I'm keeping the "TWE Reviewer" image in my darn profile pic, I dun give a fook all that happened. It took me ten darn minutes to make the thing and I am too lazy to edit it out for a new one. (Plus you know "fight the power" and all that jazz :derpytongue2:)

Luz

517099 517107

4) Sierra spoke in Skype

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19