Vinyl and Octavia 710 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

who is better in the storys? :twilightsheepish:

721810 Uhm...I'm not quite sure if I understand the question correct, but I would say it depends on the story itself, which character is 'better'. If that wasn't the question....I'm sorry...:rainbowlaugh:

721937 whitch carector is better in the storys people have read? i can never find any good ones.:twilightblush:

722223 Ever read Changes? I think their characterization is awesome in it.:pinkiehappy: And of course Allegrezza.

You can find some other good stuff from Lynked. I really like her works.

I kind of like A Philharmonic Staccato even though the Story didn't reach the 'romance' part just yet and currently concentrates more on LyraBon.:rainbowdetermined2:

Or some vampire-stuff?

There is a lot more....just can't think of anything else right now...and it also depends on the rating you are looking for^^

I enjoyed Two's Company, Three's a Crowd, but it's already novel length, and on hiatus.

The first chapter of Threes and Fours made me cry tears of despair and heartache, in a good way. Sadly, it's only 5k words long and may never be finished. Read it anyway.

Off-Rhythm is quite good, and has an interesting take on our favorite odd couple. Outgoing Tavi sweeping introverted Vinyl of her feet is fun. Also, the phrase "...sexy fun times!" is awesome.

Like Music might end up being very good, if IJAB ever writes any more of it, like he keeps saying he will.

Perhaps you mean, "Which of the stories you've read featuring Vinyl and Octavia have the best characterization?"

723216 I have to agree with your choices....but one. I don't want to seem rude or anything... But I don't understand what is so good about Two's Company, Three's a Crowd.:rainbowhuh:
I tried to read it...I gave up after chapter 29... I got the feeling that all the conflicts and dramatic scenes were solved way too fast and felt kind of unreal... :/

The reason why I'm writing this at all is: I want to understand what the appeal of said story is, I really do.:raritydespair:

I said I enjoyed it, I never said it was good.:rainbowkiss: I'm not really sure why I liked it. Maybe because it was the first TaviScratch fic I read? Maybe I'm remembering it as better than it is? Iduno.:applejackunsure:

*Edit*
I think that's it. It's not so much that 2C3C is good, as I love the interaction of Octavia and Vinyl(My OTP) as depicted in fanon in general, and 2C3C was just my fist exposure to it.

*Edit2*
Threadjack:
How did you get into TaviScratch shipping? What was the first fic you read featuring them?

727236 Well that makes sense...

My first fic would be My Roommate is a Vampire...(it just kept annoying me in the feature box D: ) ...and I know that the story went kind of downhill after the first half.... but I just love the mystery of (at least) one character in a story. I really hate it when you get the thoughts of both parties involved...

Sadly I'm not sure what I read afterwards... but at some part it was Allegrezza. The first time reading it I didn't know it was known as THE TaviScratch fic out there. After re-reading it I know why though^^ The origin of Philharmonica. And it wasn't over-used back then!:rainbowlaugh:

I guess I just love the flexibility of their characters/characterizations and the interactions that are possible 'cause of those. [does this make sense?]

It makes much sense. That's why I like bacground pony fics, and TaviScratch in particular. Fanon provides a template that can be built upon in so many interesting ways. The personalities are fairly well established, but not set in stone, so there's still room for unique perspectives on the characters.

I've read half of My Roommate is a Vampire, and a third of Allegrezza. I liked the first half of roommate, but I stalled out after the big reveal. I've heard many good things about Allegrezza, but I never really got into it. I had trouble believing the attraction between the two in that one. I should probably give it another chance, as it does seem to be the definitive TaviScratch out there. Does it get better, or do I just have no taste?

727721 I guess I know where you are coming from... the fun/good things about Allegrezza are the verbal fights they have. I guess the "attraction-part" came a bit later in the story... I guess you didn't read to the part where Lyra and Bonbon 'joined' the plotline?
I wish I didn't forget the exact plotline and could tell when it get's really awesome...I just know it was good and worth the second read:pinkiehappy:

If you didn't read Allegrezza....which fic did you enjoy except those you mentioned already? (Just wondering...Allegrezza seemed to me like a must-read somehow....)

there is a story that I am trying to find where Octavia is at home and Vinyl comes home and goes to her room and when Octavia hears Vinyl sobbing and is trying to find out what is wrong I had it in my favorites but it some how its gone now. Does any one know which one it is or know what its called?

I'm a pretty big fan of University Days. I like how it's not as contrasting a pairing in that story. There's a few others but I can't think of them to save my life. Oh, wait. Mercy, mercy, mercy. That's my fave version of Tavi.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14