Cutie Mark Crusaders 1,750 members · 4,495 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
EnderPon
Group Contributor

So how about it? Opinions?
Anyone?

2381023 I dunno about you guys? But uh...that didn't look like an orphanage to me. :scootangel:

Silver and Diamond were at their most evil ever and the song while not one of the best was an acceptable first season song. But more importantly NEXT WEEK IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!! FLUTTERSHY'S THE HULK!!!

2381023 Good, rushed but still good.

2381052 Indeed it doesn't. Scootaloo ain't an orphan anymore.

2381023 I really liked it! The song was catchy in its own way. The moral was good too. I do think they were playing it safe by leaving Scootaloo's situation up in the air by saying she may or may not fly someday. Still it was a great episode, and everyone's favorite Filly trio made a strong showing.

I was scared at first it was going to be another Rainbow Dash Centered episode so soon after the last one for some reason. :rainbowhuh: I don't know why...

I really dislike seeing 'Scootaloo is an orphan' headcanon. It always makes me feel worst about my entire life rather than be entertain by that idea. :ajbemused:

I've got to say this is my least favorite CMC episode, though given that I normally adore CMC episodes (especially ones with Diamond in them), that still means this episode gets to be a middle of the pack episode overall (but in the lower half of the middle). It just felt sort of flat to me overall. I miss the usual CMC antics.

Think the idea of the story, of Scootaloo and her wings, could have worked better as a Scootaloo and Dash episode, rather than a CMC with Dash episode. Instead, like AFR and Wonderbolt Academy, it tossed in bits that took time away from what could have been the main emotional arc. I also didn't care for what the episode did with DT and Silver Spoon. Not only did they resort to blank flank name calling (so S1), but then they went as far as to go for a possible physical defect. Even worse than that, the episode lacked the usual karmic moment for them (thereby depriving me of the cuteness that is truly annoyed DT and Spoon). I really wish Scootaloo had done something so awesome that DT and Spoon would have admitted it was cool to her (and then tossed in a token insult to restore the status-quo).

So, yeah, least favorite of all the CMC episodes and my least favorite episode of S4 so far.

I liked that episode.

The CMC getting hyped about something else than cutie marks? Very god. It got mentioned, which is alright, but overall this episode didn't care about it. It was the next step after One Bad Apple and I'd be glad they keep that up. They are more than foals looking for their talents. Finally, the writers start to work with that.

Next thing I liked was the continuity. I just love continuity and this was a nice follow-up on the, well, less than stellar Games Ponies Play episode.

And best of all, Scootaloo is officially unable to fly. That is awesome. Well, okay, not for her, that's not what I meant. But this is such a huge chance this story takes for character building and adressing a very sensitive topic. I'm definitely looking forward to what they're going to do with this.

In the same way, I like Rainbow Dash's role in this episode. Showing that she is in some a fan of Scootaloo is a nice turn. It's not just her being impressed with singe tricks or moves Scoots is doing, she seems to be impressed by her overall.

And that leads me to the things I didn't like. They could have put a bit more of the Scoots-RD-interaction into it. That was a nice little speech at the end, but I feel that there could have been more. Maybe a reference to Sleepless in Ponyville or a moment with just those two having a heart to heart to talk. But all in all that's rather a minor flaw.

What bothered me more was Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Again, just like in the third season, this seemed like a step backwards. At least in Silver Spons case, for Diamond Tiara it was more like a missed step forward.

I think they should have had a bit of redemption at the end. Something in the means of admitting they went too far with taunting Scootaloo about her disability or just that the CMCs performance was better. (Even though we never got to see what they did...) There's no need for them to just turn around completely, but getting them out of the "Bully, because the script demands it" role would be nice.

But, again, apart from these two points, it was overall good. Not the best, not by far, but still good.

Omg! Best CMC episode yet!! But diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.....uughhhh......they just really tick me off.
Love the episode, and the first song of the season kills!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10