GrimDark 2,183 members · 2,448 stories
Comments ( 56 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 56

Now, this is the kind of thread I'd like to post on my new group, Prison and Punishment, but it's still just a minnow with less than 20 members. (Check it out!) So I thought to myself "Who might be excited to see ponies beaten, flogged, mutilated, thrown in foul dungeons and put to death!" And what do you know, I thought of this group.

So the long and the short of it is, I'm thinking of starting one of those bits-and-pieces fics which authors use to post all their scenes they can't actually wrap a whole story around. Since I'm me, those scenes will generally be of ponies suffering the above torments. But there are simply too many possibilities for me to narrow down on my own, so I figured I'd do what I'm better at - build on other's ideas.

So in this thread you can post ponies, crimes and punishments you'd be interesting in seeing, either as sets or separately. (You can include other requests like "humanised" too.) I don't guarantee that any will appear, especially without changes, but I do promise that if people actually bother to post stuff I will write.

Edit: Suggestions, since people didn't seem very inspired. (you can still nominate other options, too). Maybe roll them on a randomiser?

Characters
The Mane 6
Spike
Starlight Glimmer
The Princesses
The Pillars
The Young Six
Cozy Glow

Crimes
In-show offences, as seen in episodes like Bird in the Hoof, Lesson Zero and Tanks for the Memories
Foalish disobedience/naughtiness
Theft (anything from pickpocketing to highway robbery)
Assault/GBH
Nonviolent sex crimes (Adultery, fornication, prostitution)
Forgery
Arson
Espionage
Murder
Treason

Punishments
Spanking/paddling (mainly for foals)
Fine(I don't think I can make this one interesting)
Time in the stocks/pillory (how long?)
Whipping (how many lashes?)
Whipping out of town
Branding
Mutilation (basically any non-lethal permanent damage)
Imprisonment (how long? What kind of prison?)
Hard labour (like on a chain gang)
Enslavement
Torture (what method?)
Death (what method?)

Hope this helps!

I'd go with Sunburst....simply for existing. I have written a couple stories where he was tortured to death in very fun ways, very brutal ways and very sadistic ways. I'll go and check your group out.

Thanks. (But seriously, being a guy around your favorite lesbian isn't a crime even I find punishable).

What would be even more brilliant would be be if you suggested something and/or gave me more details on your Cozy fantasy image. Heck, the two are probably compatible - It's a punishment, after all.

6771989 What about that food review mare with the bland tastes? Surely her lack of tastes should be punished. Perhaps she isn't truly a food reviewer but something more sinister.

Zesty Gourmand? I have to admit I didn't expect her...

(Remember, you can also suggest crimes and punishments.)

6772014 I have to agree with Latecomer, just because you don't like Starlight being straight shipped that doesn't mean that Sunburst should be done away with. Especially because some of us actually like that ship.

6772068 Admittedly I am not too sure what Zesty's punishment should be. Probably something... poetic. :raritywink:

I'm sure Sunburst could be guilty of something else, like... I don't know, he's too much of a good boy! Maybe he gets (falsely) suspected of abusing his position as Crystaller, if you know what I mean? That would probably warrant almost as much retribution as StormLuna wishes on him.

6772090 Yeah, exactly. Perhaps he isn't such a good boy after all, perhaps he is a pedophile (this might be too soon:ajsleepy:). Or perhaps he is part of a cult that is trying to bring back King Sombra. :yay:

Those are just two reasons that are a million times better than "just cause." :pinkiesmile:

I misread and saw “...Ponies for President.” I would totally vote #Luna2020

Perhaps I'll start that thread next, but probably not in this forum. Got any nominations?

Feather Bangs.

Hydrofluoric acid.

(HF is the only chemical I triple-glove + gauntlet up for. Even radioactives are only double gloves in my lab.)

EDIT: grab a puke bucket and then google image search “hydrofluoric acid injury”

The show never explained how Evil starlight manged to not murder Feather Bangs the whole time they lived in the same town.

Maybe he moved in later? Or maybe his "mojo" was actually his special talent, which would explain why none of Starlight's other victims sought her prosecution - they understood what she had been protecting them from.

(Seriously, though, like Zesty I just don't feel him well enough to write. It doesn't help that he was in a terrible episode.)

I enjoy torturing Luna, but because I love her and I know she can take it, and come out the far side with the torturer’s head on a pike. (I’m basically writing that, The Novel, right now.)

Flash Sentry for grand theft waifu.

I could go for that, as long as Sunburst joins him. Torturing both of them for grand theft waifu would be perfect. "Uncommon Bond" seemed to make it look like an ugly bookworm like him could get any mare to give him attention he was clearly undeserving of.

You know, when you hate him that much for being even slightly interested in any mare there's another possible explanation...

I’ll tell y’all who loves the whole Sunburst-Trixie-Twilight-Starlight-Maud five-dimensional hypersphere in “Uncommon Bond”: my six-year-old. I’ll grant you all grand theft waifu, but Hasbro clocked their target audience directly between the eyes on that episode.

[desperately clicking Netflix remote] WHERE’S THE ONE WHERE SUNBURST VISITS PONYVILLE?

Season seven, my child. Season seven.

(We watch that episode A LOT. Maybe that’s why I like Sunburst myself?)

Indeed - even while we revel in pain and suffering, we must remember that the original purpose of these characters is one of joy and inspiration. You can subvert that purpose or let it shine through, but don't just ignore it.

And both Uncommon Bond and Sunburst are top class.

I totally see Trixie as best mare at their wedding, with Twilight as officiant.

Don't say that where StormLuna can hear you!

Nah, we cool. SL and I had a good talk in the Starlight group last week.

Okay then. We can now officially return to nominating.

Donut Joe irks me for some reason. Not sure why...

Do you like/hate donuts?

6772375 He does kind of seem like a jerk doesn't he.

I feel like I should like Donut Joe. He and Twilight seem to go way back.

I suppose I just can’t support someone who perpetuates the diabetes epidemic.

Oh, and Donut Joe... well, he was naughty in one of my stories and got off scott-free. (But in his defense, he thought she was over 18.)

I’ve got it!

Nopony is going to molest Flurry Heart. Think about it—she turned a hospital inside out looking for her whammy. (That eipsode is WAY FUNNIER to parents, BTW.) Cadance won’t believe that story.

But! But, if Sunburst if off having a threesome with Starlight and Trixie and an unattended Flurry Heart gets hurt, then yes, he’s in trouble.

Comment posted by the dobermans deleted Feb 24th, 2019

Probably not quite as much trouble as StormLuna would like, though. It takes some terrible sins to match the depth of hatred in a shipping war.

Call it a horror fic. I’ve woken up in the night in a cold sweat after a nightmare, thinking something had happened to my little one while out of my sight. Ain’t nobody going to argue with how Cadance punishes that pony.

True - one can't underestimate a mother's love turned to rage. (Although looking at it seriously, I don't exactly see Cadence as the vengeful sort - at least, where Chrysalis isn't involved. So what if thanks to his negligence, she was able to spirit Flurry away?)

Heck, I would write it, except it’ll be 40k words my style and I’m already four fics deep...

Unfortunately, it's not quite clicking for me, but I could always come back to it. Feel free to do it yourself if you're available first. Or we could just let StormLuna have it...

If I burn through my current stack I’ll play with it. Alas, I’ve always had 10 times more ideas than bandwdith...

This thread got me thinking and I’m pausing my Luna novel to write a novelette, “The Death of Flash Sentry” — thanks to everypony for getting me thinking!

Does he get killed by a sock puppet?

Oh well. As long as he dies before he steals all the waifus away. Glad someone's doing something about it.

I don’t want to over-spoiler, but.... Flash’ll die the hero.

Thanks for the follow! If you rescind the follow in light of the above spoiler I won’t be offended.

Good - if as well as not giving me any workable ideas this thread also contributed to the unwarranted hatred of a perfectly decent human being, then I might just have deleted it if I didn't not believe in deleting threads.

Oh no! Then he did get all the waifus!:fluttercry:

Okay, this seems a bit too vague - I think I'll add some suggestions in the OP.

Just bumping this one a bit - is no-one interested in this?

Diamond Tiara would deserve a paddling for being such a brat.

In-show offences, as seen in episodes like Bird in the Hoof, Lesson Zero and Tanks for the Memories
Foalish disobedience/naughtiness
Theft (anything from pickpocketing to highway robbery)
Assault/GBH
Nonviolent sex crimes (Adultery, fornication, prostitution)
Forgery
Arson
Espionage
Murder
Treason

I’m thinking of two you appear not to have put on the list.

In the Zephyr Breeze episode, Fluttershy keeps saying “peeved!” In front of foals and getting nasty looks from parents. I suspect cussing could get a pony into touble. I could picture somepony getting their bottom in a sling for saying “ass” in front of the schoolhouse. “You are sentenced to wear a muzzle for a WEEK! Second offense, we clip your vocal chords.” (Vinyl Scratch?)

The other one that didn’t make the list was rape. I’ve gamed out a story in my head where Sweetie Belle wakes up beaten and raped behind Sugarcube Corner, and Gallus gets arrested because they found a blue feather on her...and that’s where my idea peters out. I wanted to make it a mix between “The Fugitive” (prove my innocence) and “To Kill a Mockingbird” (racism), but I can’t think of who the real perpetrator is. (No other blue-feathered males in Ponyville...) punishment would be the lynch mob after Gallus (I’m picturing Starlight saving him), and the punishment for the actual perpetrator.

I’m never going to do anything with that story (police procedural is hard to write when there’s magic CSI), but feel free to any or all of that one.

The first seems interesting for lesser punishments - your greater one seems a bit too harsh for canon!

As for the second, I kind of left it off on purpose (a bit icky) but I'll take suggestions with it.

Any other nominations with the now-expanded lists?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 56