Christian Bronies 982 members · 235 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

I've been feeling ill since Saturday night and it's now Tuesday morning. I got paranoid thinking I might have diabetes (a strange and random thought) so I searched for the symptoms, and wished I hadn't. I have some of the symptoms, but I'm not really thirsty. I have a cousin who has it and I know what they have to do every day. (Two shots, and pricking their fingers every few hours) I'm not the most unhealthy person I know, I drink plenty of water, I eat more salad than my siblings, but I do have my fair share of laziness :twilightsheepish:.
This all might be a coincidence though (I'm hoping) and my parents don't believe I have it and won't let me have a blood test. And I have a really painful head and neck ache.
I know that there is more important things to pray for but can someone please pray for me?

2489493 I hope you get better my fellow gamer

Proper Noun
Group Admin

Well, diabetes isn't really something you 'catch' just like that, and diagnosing yourself online will result in believing you have every kind of cancer, including ovarian (for the guys) and prostate (for the gals).

While I will pray for you, I also suggest taking deep breaths, calming yourself, and seeing a doctor for a medical opinion if the symptoms don't get any better.
:twilightsmile:

Professor Plum
Group Contributor

Online diagnosis is a notoriously bad way to check symptoms. It's almost certainly nothing so dramatic. Probably a bad cold, or maybe even a case of the Nocebo effect from the Web.M.D. I'd advise you go to a doctor to prove you're alright, but if my understanding of American Healthcare is correct, that would probably just end up being a rather expensive waste of time.

Still, I'm confident everything will be fine :twilightsmile:

It's entirely possible you have type 1, which is genetic and has absolutely nothing to do with lifestyle. What symptoms do you have? And also, is there a history of autoimmune disease in your family? People with type 1 tend to have a family history of those types of diseases (my brother has type 1 diabetes, and both my mother and aunt both have thyroid problems).

You might want to go to a doctor or hospital to see if you have diabetes, my Dad was not diagnosed correctly while he was in the Navy and a few years later on one night he nearly died from having pancreatitis and lack of insulin.

Thank you

Im actually going to the doctor to make sure it isn't anything serious
And thanks for taking the time to say stuff :twilightsmile:

I suppose it's possible, but I don't think there is anything like that in my family. All of my Australian cousins have some type of problem. two have really bad autism, one has type 2 diabetes, and one just downright has problems. I'm not saying the internet is correct, but if it is, the reason I might (hopefully not) have diabetes is from high blood pressure. I get stressed very easily and I'm not the most happy person in my family. (But I'm not the most unhappy person on the planet :twilightsheepish:) anyway thanks for the information :twilightsmile:

You might be fine. Autism isn't autoimmune and type 2 wouldn't have any bearing. It could be something from your blood pressure (you'd know more about it than I do). And if you've got only a couple symptoms, don't worry. If they're still there in a while though, you should see a doctor. And it wouldn't hurt to see an endocrinologist if you're really worried.

Comment posted by Proper Noun deleted Dec 30th, 2013

What do you mean? Autism is a mental disease, and type 2 diabetes isn't genetically acquired, so having family with type 2 doesn't put you at a greater risk.

Proper Noun
Group Admin

My own misinterpretation of what you were talking about, of course. :twilightsheepish:

Haha, it's all right.:pinkiehappy: Happens to the best of us.

I will pray for you.

2489493 I will pray for you.

Ezio Auditore
Group Admin

2489493 I'll pray for your healing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18