Christian Bronies 982 members · 235 stories
Comments ( 42 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 42

Pony Spotlight -- Applejack

Applejack is the Element of Honesty -- Wiki Link

Please leave your comments on Applejack and post your favorite pictures, or videos!

WOO HOO! I love AJ. She is awesome. I like her because she is always honest and she is a country girl! I love country music.:ajsmug:

This is an amazing remix of raise this barn which by the way is my favorite song in My Little Pony. Apple Jack is my favorite character besides Rainbow Dash.

heres a few things

and heres a link to a comic series:
Applejack's Poison Joke Adventure

The first of the Mane 6 that I could relate to since my Dad grew up on a Missouri farm.

The time has come: best pony is getting her spotlight.

I must post pony like I have never posted ponies before. :applejackconfused:

Lets start with some quality Applejack songs from one of my favorite brony artists, Mandopony.

First up is "With a Sister", made to be the song that so obviously should have come in the episode Sisterhooves Social.

Second we have "Sweet Apple Acres", a country rock song also produced in her honor.

With that, I'd like to take a pause, and pace the Applejack posts throughout the weekend.

To finish for the day, enjoy this silly video.

Thats all for now, folks!

2121954 'Bout time best pony got her spotlight. Time to break out the southern vernacular!:ajsmug::heart: ...NOT! :ajsleepy:

Let have this lovely young miss tell us a little about best pony.:heart: (No seriously, she's gorgeous!:rainbowkiss::heart:)

Picture break!

Awesome video if I do say so myself.

Picture break!

DRAW!

Picture break!

I know you're real Applejack. I'll find you one day! :applecry::heart:

After all this proof of best pony, it's a wonder way she isn't the most popular.
What do you think BronyCurious (Tommy Oliver)?

2122224>>2122155>>2122140>>2122089>>2121974 Warning incoming long post.

No idea what this YouTube is but it says applejack and is popular. May or may not cause nightmares.

This last YouTube video is link to a spoiler for season 4. Only watch if you want to hear the best song in MLP. Warning may cause you to explode in giddiness and unrestrained anticipation for the coming season.

There is so much Applejack! :applejackconfused:

Truly this is the greatest thread ever.

I heard the last video before, and the first is also good. Applejack should obviously replace Twilight as protagonist.

Curse you!

I must avoid this, to savor it in its full glory in an episode that seems likely to be Applejacktastic!

Have an apple.

2122962 went, didn't care for a lot of the ships there :unsuresweetie:

Well my favorite Applejack ship is her dying alone a bitter old widow with no one there to spend her last days with. But when I say that people get angry and say stuff and things and best pony, yadda.

Who would you ship her with? The most eligible bachelor in the show is her brother...

2122684 Applejack as protagonist?:applejackconfused:

2122986 I ship AJ...

I dunno. I shipped her with Soarin' once, but that was a long time ago.

I don't really have a ship for her that I like :applejackunsure:

Applejack would have no problem finding a partner!

Just re-watched the best episode Apple Family Reunion, and caught on to what she meant by implied background.

Two stars shoot across the sky early on and later at the end, likely symbolizing Applejack's parents...which is sad. :ajsleepy:

The show would immediately have more Applejack, and therefore improve!

Who could resist?

2123003>>2122964>>2122684

Now see this is what I meant in this response. 2122986. Applejack dying a broken lonely old widow would be interesting. She is an interesting character. When I am reading something I like when the author subverts traditional ideals. Now stay with me here;

Applejack is very traditional. She is a bit of a stereotype for an American Southern Girl. In reality girls like that are meant to find a husband marry have kids and then become Grandmothers. It is boring.

So subverting that to where she runs the farm on her own and makes her own way in life is interesting. In the end I think she would regret not having found love though.

So subverting that to where she runs the farm on her own and makes her own way in life is interesting. In the end I think she would regret not having found love though.

that's... interesting...

and sad...

I guess I can see her with Spike, if Rarity doesn't work out :moustache:

Applejack deserves better.

Besides, Granny Smith is already a grandmother who has been running the farm.

That said, I guess it would be just another Applejack fic, and we can never have too many of 'em.

(And I have family in Texas I could safely call American Southern Girls: I didn't see a culture of planning nothing but getting married and being a housewife.)

I went to college in a small town in the south for two years. One of the things that struck me was how many of the women were there to find husbands. I mean literally they went to college with the express intent of finding a husband. I was a friend with some of them. They were bright and very smart, yet once they got married they dropped out to have a family.

It is sad and I was confused by their choice at the time. Now that I am older I can see why but also how damaging it is. I don't know this could be a topic for a whole other thread so I will stop there. Just don't think I hate Applejack. Really she reminds me of a good friend and makes me kind of sad.

2123085 Applejack loves her work to much to quit it, though.

Chances are, her husband would be the one at home and she'd be the bread winner.

AJ is awesome like that :ajsmug:

wow... I guess there are bigger Applejack fans than I am... :applejackunsure: :ajsleepy:

'sigh' I guess there's no point of me posting now, everypony else seems to have that handled pretty well...

keep up the good work ya'll!

The more the merrier!

We need this to be the best spotlight ever, for the best pony ever!

2123069>>2123093

This starts delving into gender roles. Maybe we should make a new thread. Here.

that girl reminds me of WhatsupElle! XD

AJ is my favorite pony, and by quite a bit. I think a lot of that is just my falling in love with a more rural setting (possibly because I've never had to deal with one).

And I love the gravity comic. :twistnerd:

2124354>>2123275>>2123139>>2123093 2123003 AJ could get married or not but really it is up to whoever writes the fanfiction. They will never get boyfriends in the show, or a least I pray they don't.

2123106 FedX?

Anyway now that the interlude is out of the way more AJ pics.

There was talk of rule 63 so here is some.

Epic Pie Time!

And some AJ as a human

You shouldn't have made Pinkie sing AJ!

2125814 like the middle human one better.

It's more classy :ajsmug:

It is interesting how most human AJ pictures she is wearing a crop top. I think it is so she won't get over heated while working.

2125898>>2124354>>2123139

How Appledash may have started

You don't like Appledash, you didn't like my thread where there are example paring with every eligible pony in Equestria, and you disliked like my theory of her being a strong independent woman who doesn't need a relationship. So what do you like? AppleMac?

2126160 Spike or Soarin' :moustache:

Apple Dash wouldn't last more than a few months.

Spike is a kid, so no :twilightangry2:. Soarin' is a free-spirit flying Pegasus that would hate being tied down to farm life, so no to that also:ajbemused:.

2126209 Soarin' is a blank canvas, so we can do with him what we will :moustache:

I think AJ would end up married, myself. Family is extremely important to her, and I imagine she wants one of her own.

I don't see that happening with Rainbow Dash, and not just from biology. They're too similar in one way -- being competitive -- that'd lead to occasional resentments, and too different in others -- Applejack is a hard worker and proud of it. Rainbow Dash... isn't.

I think if they got together, each one would end up talking to herself. :trollestia:

I've had one story with her in a relationship, and the relationship was almost strictly background material -- she was married to Caramel, because of the pun. And was pregnant with twins, which may have led to her not becoming an alicorn. Yeah... It's complicated.

Which is probably just as well. An alicorn Applejack might just be too much awesome in one place. It'd rip a hole in the space-time continuum or something. :twistnerd:

I think I may have initially Googled the wrong thing. But in addition to being pat of a healthy breakfast, Applejack is also an amazing pony.

Look at that. LOOK AT THAT. How can you not call her heartmeltingly adorable?

Not to mention that she's the cutest filly ever.

But what saddens me is that the reason why she's so good of a character is precisely why nobody shows her any love; she's a very mature character. She doesn't have any of the crazy antics that the other characters can have; no wacky sight gags, no sudden mood swings, no slapstick. She doesn't put herself first like a certain pegasus she often competes with. She not only exemplifies the element of honesty, but the others as well. She's loyal, always taking time for her friends and anypony else that needs it. She's kind, trying her hardest to make everypony happy. She always enjoys a good laugh, and is willing to give so that others can benefit. When she loses the rodeo in Canterlot, she doesn't go back to Ponyville not because she's ashamed or thinks that everypony will shun her, but because she felt like she let everypony down. She goes to a completely new place away from her friends and family just so she can fulfill her promise to bring back enough money to fix town hall.

But who do the ponies think is best pony?

It's unanimous; Applejack is officially the most awesomest pony in Equestria.

An' who doesn't lahk th' accent? Ah know Ah do.:ajsmug:

An' who doesn't lahk th' accent? Ah know Ah do.:ajsmug:

It would be southern to say something to the effect of

"Ain't reckon no body don't like an accent. Know Ah do."

Yessiree, mister. I do declare, that there is one fine best pony.

2132476>>2129943>>2126226>>2126015>>2125898>>2124354>>2123003>>2122113 Well this is a wrap for this pony spotlight weekend. Feel free to keep adding more pictures of video's as you feel like it. Just a few more pics to finish off.

What is coming next for Pony spotlight? Not sure;

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 42