Thirty Minute Ponies 136 members · 57 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Esle Ynopemos
Group Admin

Well, the doors have been closed on TMP proper for more than a week now. I've heard a little bit of talk from folks like Journcy about putting together an unofficial continuation til the end of Season 4, but I haven't seen anything come of any of that yet.

So I've been thinking of doing something about it myself.

It wouldn't be daily, but just once a week. Probably Thursdays, since that's the day I get off of work. And instead of using Tumblr, I would post a thread here in the group forums. Anyone that wanted to write for it would just post their story directly in the thread.

Would it offend anybody if I went ahead with this idea? Is there any detail my plan doesn't quite account for? I suppose I should also ask, is anyone interested in this in the first place?

Yeah, apologies for kinda falling off the face of the earth on that one. I've been busy IRL. Hoof and Quill said that he might be willing to help moderate, but that would still only put us at three people...

Esle Ynopemos
Group Admin

2938387 That's fine. I figured it was something like that.

I never imagined we would get enough volunteers to make a daily thing like classic TMP was. Something informal and once a week, though, would probably be easy enough to manage.

2937693 2938387
Hmm. Well, since season 4 is half finished already, and these prompts will be weekly, and the mods at TMP have dutifully dried the prompt well...

This... this may actually work out. Count me in:twilightsmile:.

Honestly, if I did Mondays and Wednesdays, you did Thursdays (and maybe Tuesdays?), and then somebody else (or maybe two other people) helped for other days, it could work. Weekends are obviously much easier to work with. At least, they are for me.

Though then there's still the problem of telling people about it, and actually seeing if anyone still wants to submit. Idk. TMP was kinda dying down when Kyro finally ended it.

Esle Ynopemos
Group Admin

2938500 Idk. The TMP mods were burning out when there was enough of them to go one per day of the week (though they did, admittedly, last nearly two years). I can't pretend to have as much gumption as them.

As for getting the word out, it might work in our favor to have it here on the FimFic group. We could get in on WD's group activities post, and I'm going to put up a blog about it on my page. I don't expect to get a massive number of posts for it, but there still seemed to be a few folks interested towards the end.

Oh, I don't plan to pretend as much either. That's why I only wanted to run something until the end of this season.

It could. I'm sure that if I asked, Kyro would be willing to make a post about it. She seemed like she was positive towards the idea.

I have no classes on Tuesdays. I could volunteer myself if we want to try and make it close-to-daily. Or something.
Then again, I'm constantly struggling to be Not As Busy, so I'm probably not the right person for the job...

Esle Ynopemos
Group Admin

Well, we can see how this Thursday's prompt goes, and then figure out what we want to do from there, I suppose.

You said that you wanted to use Fimfiction, and also that you aren't very familiar with Tumblr, but just so you know, I did a thing just in case I would need it. So if you want, that blog can be used.

2937693 I'd be down for this, and could potentially mod on Fridays or another day, (Friday my time, anyways. Not sure what timezone you are all on), if you guys want.

Professor Piggy
Group Admin

Heh, it's really neat to see people wanting to keep this thing going. Warms my cold, dead heart. :pinkiesmile: Good luck, all of ye.

Donnys Boy
Group Admin

Yooooo. I might be in for helping (and almost definitely in for participating), depending on the time commitment. Also happy to plug this on my Fimfiction blog, Tumblr, etc. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13