Love and Tolerate 819 members · 6,324 stories
Comments ( 315 )
  • Viewing 251 - 300 of 315

Well, it's in Twilight's Library now, anyways. Knowing how how much to promote your own fanfics on your own group is a tricky matter, though. I get very tempted to try to use my group to promote things I've written recently, too, like Making Friends and On a Rainy Day. I tend to compromise by making sure I mention them with links in just about any post I write in a thread. :pinkiehappy:

With The Tears Of a Siren, the fact that the only tags are Other and OC work against you, since people tend to look first at fanfics with characters they like.

And the description might stand a bit of tweaking. What the first sentences people read is important, since if people are skimming through fanfics, they won't even necessarily read the whole thing. Perhaps modifications along this line? (Basically removing the first two lines, and tweaking the rest.)

Each night, as she lay in bed, the sea called to her, and the tide pulled at her bones. Soon, Siren Song will have to answer its summons, lest her nightmares consume her. She will find herself mounting a perilous journey, and her reality will be shattered forever in its wake.

Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions. Currently seeking cover art. Rated teen for fantasy violence.

funkyferret
Group Admin

You're right, I do need a better hook. For my first story it was the platypus in a canon. :pinkiecrazy:
Also they won't be near Canterlot or Ponyville... so no other tags I guess. *shrug*

ReaperofSouls42
Group Admin

This video is just... Wow.

SUBMITTED FIRST STORY, Y'ALL!!!!!!!:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

...aaaaaaaand it was denied because it couldn't pass as teen rated.:flutter cry:
....so I MADE THE NECESSARY CHANGES AND RESUBMITTED IT!!!!!!!!!!:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

Yeah, unless Luna walks into her nightmares...

Glad you liked the edit to the description, btw.

Whisper The Saint
Group Admin

If you want, you can also promote it on the Story Promotions thread. :pinkiehappy:

And if you want someone to review it, just make a post on Writting Help thread. :twilightsmile:

You know what every group chat could use? CREEDENCE!!!

Whisper The Saint
Group Admin

Well, that sounds good! :pinkiehappy:

Dude, It's Creedence. Sounding good is in their job description.

funkyferret
Group Admin

so cute... squee.

Whisper The Saint
Group Admin

Cute things you say?

You know, I don't think any Fraggle Rock has had any songs posted here yet. I'll have to fix that...

[youtube=eOsFgAXkPI8]

Oh my. Ok, whatever you might think of tomorrow's episode, this is awesome.

[youtube=2H82h3SmCGo]

Whisper The Saint
Group Admin

Well, I did shed some liquid pride at today episode. XD

Hello?....HELLO?....IS ANYPONY OUT THERE?!!?

(silence)

My god...It's happened. I'm the last person on this thread...

There's nothing left. I'm alone. Marooned on a desolate thread that has been rendered but a cemetery of what has been...It's all over.

Well...seeing as this truly is the end...I guess I'll just log off now. I'm sure I'll be forgiven...I know I'll be forgiven...

(wavers cursor over "logout")

...wait a minute...

(sees remaining fanfics)

The fanfics...that's right! How could I forget about the fanfics? Why, there's enough literature here to last me the whole week!...and the week after that...and the week after that...and the week after that!

All these works of literature, and no one to share it with! And the best part, THE VERY BEST PART...now there's time...all the time I need, all the time I want...

Time, time, time...there's time enough at last!

(Leans over to pick up beverage, but loses glasses when they fall off)

MY GLASSES!

(Searches blindly for glasses, only to find them shattered on the ground)

But...there was time...all the time I needed...

(cries while surrounded by fanfics I can now never read:raritydespair:)

Boo!

Have i introduced myself yet? I probably did.
I probably already self-advertised my fic too.

I'm Nyte-Blade. Just a guy who got inspired to write by watching MLP.
Can you believe It? I'm a bit of a script-writer for Visual novels. At least that's what I'm starting out anyway. Hey-oh!

But alas... I'm just here to write, and occasionally read a story or two whenever I have the time.

BY GOD, A SURVIVING MEMBER!!!

Apparently so, from the looks of it.
Guess a lotta peeps get bored or something.

HELP ME FIND SOME GLASSES!!!

Try some contacts instead =p

WHERE'S THE CONTACT PLACE?

Ya gotta call'em! 1800 Contacts!
THEY DELIVER YOUR BRAND.

WHERE'S THE PHONE?

By the orange glowing light, in the sky, TO THE EAST.

Okay...

(Walks to orange light)

OH MY GOD I JUST WALKED INTO AN ACTIVE VOLCANO!!!

that's an alien light!

BUT I'M BURNING ALIVE IN A VOLCANIC ERUPTION RIGHT NOW!!!

that's not even possible!

HOW IS IT NOT POSSIBLE? I'M BURNING BECAUSE I JUST FELL INTO THE LAVE IN MID-ERUPTION AND IT'S REALLY HOT!!!

Uhh...................................

whelp... time to be hitting the ol' dusty trail... >.>

THIS IS NO TIME FOR A WESTERN MOVIE ENDING!!!
I'M IN A VOLCANO AND I CAN'T SEE WITHOUT GLASSES AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE CONTACT PLACE IS AND THERE'S NOBODY ELSE IN THIS THREAD!!!

Whelp err... yeah, that's true, eh? kinda weird. But what can one do when stuck in a volcano, burning and could die any second? Aiya.

SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION?

funkyferret
Group Admin

Cheese liked ponies before they were cool.
[youtube=rJr7tmgg-7g]
Why is this so funny? I have no idea but I love it! :rainbowkiss:

*gasp* MORE SURVIVING MEMBERS!

Whisper The Saint
Group Admin

Oh. XD I am always here, I just don't post too much. :twilightsmile:

I keep more doing administrative work: changing fanfics folders and such. :pinkiesmile:

I was also choosing a fanfic per week... but sadly I never got many suggestions, so I stopped it. :pinkiesad2:

Is the thread always this deserted?

Whisper The Saint
Group Admin

Well, it was far more activity. At least on the forums. :scootangel:

Nowadays people use it more only to publish fanfics... and to request reviews every now and then. :pinkiesad2:

funkyferret
Group Admin

I'm bored, so have a random cartoon.

[youtube=wyhwVEz8jSU]
I find Perry oddly adorable.

Whisper The Saint
Group Admin

Oh, Spliced?

I love Spliced! :pinkiehappy:

funkyferret
Group Admin

I like the new Japanese dub, but I still think AJ sounds off. :applejackunsure:

And don't even get me started about the mayor. :rainbowlaugh:

funkyferret
Group Admin

[youtube=d0aAPQmE_Is]
pffft!

I'm an admin of a group I'd like to link to here, as it needs more members,

It's a nice, friendly group that specializes in being a safe haven and getting more viewers for fics that are constantly hated for no good reason.

I saw "Now You See Me" yesterday.

It sucked.

Whisper The Saint
Group Admin

Really? What was it about? :derpyderp2:

By the way, we also have a new group symbol. At least until we get a new one. :derpytongue2:

It's about a group of magicians who rob banks (even ones from other countries) and give the money to their audiences.

It sounds cool, but the characters are ungodly lacking development.

Whisper The Saint
Group Admin

So they are like this?

Sort of. They've sort of aiming towards certain characters, but half the time you have no idea who to root for: the magicians, the FBI, Morgan Freeman, they never develop the characters enough for us to pick the intended side. Heck, there's moments where the magicians (who we're supposed to be rooting for) are acting completely obnoxious towards the FBI and another one where they escape by having hypnotized audience members tackle Mark Ruffalo as he's chasing them.

• Viewing 251 - 300 of 315