Star Wars 1,561 members · 289 stories
Comments ( 33 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 33

A strange old mountain man comes to you and ofeers you the possibility to become a sith or a jedi in the real world.
What do you pick?

4806367 Jedi, I can turn Sith later.

4806367 Damn that's hard to pick but I will probably go Jedi

Meh i would probably become jedi so i could fall later.

DAMN YOU FOR MAKING ME CHOOSE
Probably jedi though

Jedi, the dark size seems to have unfortunate effects on peoples sanity.

Sith, because im already an angry person

4806367 Sith hands down. the rule of two will have strengthened me beyond anything the Jedi could muster.

Probably Jedi. The Sith are just plain... evil.

Sith, I like women. The Jedi frown on that.

4806695 with the exception of one asshole that shows up at the worst possibly moment with a rebellion at your back because you pissed off way to many people for your own good.

4806367 Jedi. The sith have a tendency to breed assholes.

4807726 Ha, pissing off people. Yeah, that's not me, that would be my successor.

Woah woah wait a minute they were grey jedi?!

4807989 Qui-Gon in the sense that he generally went maverick from the council's decisions, Mace in the sense that he does use dark side techniques but they both ultimately serve the light.

4806367 Sith, because I don't want to be an emotionally stunted, sexually repressed, pretentious asshole like the Jedi are.

4806367 Too much Light, and one would go Blind. Too much Dark, and one cannot see. People must strive to live in balance with both sides combined as one, not separate as "a truth".
I would choose the path towards Balance: The Je'daii.

Am I the only one who's always hated the idea of Gray Jedi? If you look at every single Star Wars film until The Force Awakens, and the Light Side is never mentioned. It's always "The Jedi serve the force". The Dark Side is an aberration on the Force, a corruption, and Balance in the Force was the Corruption being burned away.
Besides, people are always very quick to point out the flaws of the Old Jedi Order, and say that the Je'daii and the New Jedi Order are much better. Let's have a look at their track records...
Je'daii: Fell apart in the Force Wars of Tython, due to a shit ton of Je'daii falling to the Dark Side.
Old Jedi Order: Was highly impartial, the council were complete and total bastards (KOTOR era).
Jedi Order (After Ruusan Reformations): Kept the peace for 1,000 years, very few Jedi ever fell, this was a time of great learning and compassion for the Jedi.
New Jedi Order: A shit ton of Jedi fell to the Dark Side, all that returned got off lightly (Kyp Durron got of lightly for falling to the dark side, after DESTROYING CARIDA!).
Also, don't bring up the thing about marriage. The rules are not there to prevent those who are emotionally capable of handling it, but to protect those who aren't (Which, in a Force User, is pretty fucking bad, given that they're very powerful magic space wizards)

4808211 see my problem with the normal jedi is that they have to many rules that deny nature me I would want to follow my own morals and path not one set for me for example lets say your on a mission on tattoneing you find out a female sandfarmers daughter was taken by tusken raiders me I would go and save her even if it cost me my life because isnt that what being a jedi knight about ? Serveing as a guardian of peace and justice ? Now on the other hand if was something more important yea I might do my main mission but I would feel guilty about it

4808250 Several things: you were allowed to leave in the Jedi Order, if you wanted to, (The Lost 20 were Masters who decided to leave the Order for philosophical reasons. Dooku was among them.). On the mission to Tatooine example, yes, a Jedi would be allowed to rescue them. The problem (If you're implying what I think you're implying), is when there's a conflict of interest. When Anakin went after Shmi, he ended up slaughtering the entire tribe of Sand People. are those the actions of a Guardian of Peace and Justice? The Jedi Order's restrictions were mainly about emotional control (Not cutting yourself off from your emotions, as many would lead you to believe, otherwise Obi-wan would have been kicked out of the order a long time ago.).

Sith.
I don't feel like being forced into conformity in a creepy cult like environment not allowed to have sex and such. I like being free to do what I want and I'd just turn sith eventually with my lust for power and absolute fear of death anyway.
Also I get badass maximum edge eyes out of the deal.

4808250 Do you... know how to punctuate.... ???

Also, why is a Jedi on Tatooine? It's not a Republic world. It's like really damn far from the Republic. Also, that's like the worst planet in Star Wars period?

4808211 I don't strictly hate the concept? Like, I just kind of hate how far fans like to take it. There are a lot of decently done grey jedi, for example. There's Jolee Bindo, right? Old hermit from KOTOR. Left the order. Freely uses dark side techniques but completely knows the score behind what it is he's doing. Then you have Revan, who we see as a tale about what happens when you dabble to much in both. You either still fall, or you try and commit genocide on probably trillions of people, so he shows what happens there. With Kyp, on the Carida thing, you can maybe defend it because they were at war at the time and it was a military target, mostly. However, what's more concerning is what he pulled after he left the Jedi for a time and that's a list I don't feel like typing out.

I mean, you're really right, especially because fans put so much emphasis on the fact that the Jedi are known to be restrictive, but they do have a point to a certain degree. The Jedi did have a thing where they needed to adapt to new realities, but didn't. They did some things that alienated the galaxy around them that could have been avoided and they really could have used a few much better grief councilors.

That being said, people give the Jedi to much shit. Over emotional force users feel the emotional resonance of the whole galaxy. Feeling detached to a certain point is very much needed in their line of work, because if you don't, you get guys like Kyp Durron and girls like Barris Offee.

4808366 Flash fact: That's a myth. The Jedi were actually allowed to have lovers, just not relationships. That's right! The holy order of monks was allowed to have emotionless sex!

sith eventually with my lust for power and absolute fear of death anyway.
Also I get badass maximum edge eyes out of th

4808211 First off: half of the Je'daii falling towards the Dark Side wasn't their fault entirely, their world was being invaded by the technologically-superior Infinite Empire; whose own technology and weaponry was powered solely through the Dark Side of the Force along with possessing weapons that outclass their Force Katanas; many of these Je'daii lost loved ones to the monsters and their Force Hounds without barely any means of succesful assault or retaliation, so they took up whatever of the Force Hounds' Forcesabers were discarded upon death for themselves to fight on a (seemingly) even playing field against the invaders; and just like the weapons and equipment being attuned to the Dark Side; so too can it slowly corrupt the wielders/users in-turn with each usage of them (While it IS known that an individual can cleanse the crystal of a weapon of its former master's influence, Forcesabers were only recently-discovered; and with the pressures of war distracting them, the Je'daii probably were unable to find a way of attuning a Forcesaber to ignite when channeled by a Force-User in Balance with the Force).

"To rise above monsters, we have to abandon our Humanity" -Armin Artlet, Attack on Titan

After the defeat of the Rakata, the Tythonians were scarred The users of the Forcesabers were slightly corrupted -"Irradiated"- from using the Dark Side-imbued weapon, while the survivors that rejected the weapons were turned away from anything having to do with the Dark Side in any capacity after seeing what it was capable of doing if left to its own devices. With the Je'daii Order practically in shambles on Tython and possibly in the rest of the star system itself, there were few on Tython itself that held an official role on the Je'daii council that would be strong enough to work things out between the two stringent groups of Veterans (the stories themselves only talk about the Je'daii that were on Tython and nowhere else in the system, possibly members of the council that were offworld during the invasion and were trapped on the Settled Worlds fighting in battles against the Rakata on their journey towards Tython), with no centre to try and quell things, tensions mounted to the decade-long Force War that ravaged Tython in the process due to the rampancy of Imbalance within the Force; and at the end of said conflict, the light-sided "Followers of Ashla" defeated the dark-sided "Followers of Bogan"; who were then forced to board starships and be sent out of the Star System to never return; self-proclaiming that the Light Side of the Force was the true -and only- path to walk, and thus sought to find a new world for themselves and took whatever information was left for their own before leaving Tython behind for Ossus: re-naming themselves the Jedi.

Condemning a percentage of their own population to death, claiming arrogant superiority, committing of theft... not to mention that centuries later the Jedi Created the Sith Order!!

"I am a monument to all your sins" -Gravemind, Halo 2

Also, while the Jedi Order did serve the capacity of protecting worlds from threats, they have done their fair share of harm: both knowingly and unknowingly...

Katarr
Kalee
Uphrades

Taris

Coruscant

next time, get your facts on the Je'daii Order straight.
Also, whose to say that they are a dead Order?
Balance will always prevail, no matter what. The Prophecy can attest to this theory.

Balance will always prevail, no matter what. The Prophecy can attest to this theory.

The natural state of the force is the light and the dark side is a cancer that infects it. Balance in the force means everything is harmonic within the light side, and that's not me spouting Jedi propaganda, that's coming straight from Lucas's mouth:

Many fans incorrectly assume that balance refers to an equal mix of both light and dark side users. However, as George Lucas explains in the introductory documentary for the VHS version A New Hope, Special Edition, this is not the case:

"[...] Which brings us up to the films 4, 5, and 6, in which Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe..."

In an interview, Lucas compared the difference between the light and dark sides as being like the difference between a symbiotic relationship and a cancer. A symbiotic relationship is one which benefits both parties and in which neither is harmed, whereas a cancer takes without giving back, eventually causing the death of both parties

Gray Jedi who has dabbled in a bit of the Dark Side.

4808882 But no matter how hard one tries to rid their body of it, the "Cancer" will always find a way out again... Symbiote or not, this is the fundamental truth, the Symbiote will experience great pain and strive to remove it from themselves; expunging it with rigorous treatments in different ways: always delaying the inevitable long enough to try and last out longer than others can. But no matter how hard they try...

"At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box." -Cortana, Halo Reach

The collapse of the Jedi Order was inevitable; the Prophecy calculated it to be just. Where "the Light" would fade, Obi-Wan and Yoda came to the same conclusion during Order 66, the Order had committed atrocities throughout their 25,000 year history, done terrible and unforgivable things...
...By the word of a twisted Republic...
...By the paradoxical Code of the Order...
...or by their own misinterpretations of the Will of the Force...
And in the last years of their life, sought to atone for all the hardships and pain that their order had caused; to erase it all.

"Everything has it's beginning. But it doesn't start at One... It starts long before that, in Chaos... The world is born: from Zero. The moment that Zero becomes One, is the moment that the world springs to life. One becomes Two... Two becomes Ten... Ten becomes One-Hundred... Taking it all back to One, solves nothing. So long as Zero remains... One will eventually grow to One-Hundred again." -Big Boss, MGS4

To this end, Obi-Wan and Yoda would train Luke Skywalker in the Force with the basic nature of how it works, minus the mindsets and restrictions that most of the Order followed before the fall, and when he was ready; he served at the end of the Prophecy with his Father, allowing his father to let go of what he had become as Darth Vader and write the last line in history with the death of Palpatine to end the Sith -labored and crafted by the Jedi- forever, and then with Anakin's passing, the last of the old order was gone forever: the prophecy complete and Balance restored...

"When the host dies, the virus dies with it." -Naomi Hunter, MGS4

This would leave behind a new beginning, a Hegelian Dialectic that would serve to mold and shape the future of the galaxy.

"How do I put this simply enough? It's a philosophical theory, the kind you might encounter if you took time to read some books. The fundamental premise is to envision history as a sequence of 'dialectical' conflicts. Each dialectic begins with a proposition, a thesis. Which inherently contains, or creates, it's opposite - an antithesis. Thesis and antithesis. The conflict is inevitable. But the resolution of the conflict yields something new -a Synthesis- eliminating the flaws in each, leaving behind common elements and ideas." -Caesar, Fallout New Vegas

With the Jedi and Sith both gone entirely, fractured and dying. Luke would effectively be the first Je'daii in the galaxy in over 20,000 years, adhering to the ways of the Force, but following his own path. Cautious of the dangers of the Dark Side, but not to reject them entirely. Had Luke continued to have walked this path in the Expanded Universe instead of straying more and more to emulate the Jedi Order, we might have ended all Force Sensitive-derived conflict in their entirety: bringing about the first true Peace to the galaxy since the destruction and fall of the Infinite Empire.

"What has surprised me most about Mankind during the Great War; is not our ability to adapt to the new arenas of conflict, but instead; our willingness in victory... to so quickly return to the old..." -The Director, Red vs Blue

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 33