Celestia & Luna 2,705 members · 4,439 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26

Only took them 6 Seasons to find a way to remove Celestia and Luna from the Massive Conflict without making them look totally incompetent. They even kept things consistent, since one fly by through the frozen clouds froze RD's wings solid, giving more believably to their claims that this was actually a difficult force of nature to contain.

One thing, though. Celestia and Luna both admit that a natural born Alicorn is something they have never seen before. Does that mean that they were transformed Alicorns as well, or that they are something else entirely? Lots of questions, few answers.

-Lumino

5134805 Hell yes... Finally they let Celestia have some dignity. I hope this turns into a habit. Even if Luna was there too. I don't mind... But I want to see Celestia being awesome on her own too, at least once.

People want Celestia and Luna to be special. I do too... But I think it's pretty safe to bet that ponies being born alicorns are not a thing that we should expect. To me that is good. I prefer "alicornhood" to be earned, even if I wouldn't complain about the two sisters being born alicorns. As it stands, I think that if they were born alicorns it would put the baby in the same level as them, while at the same time putting Cadance and Twilight on another... And that wouldn't be a good idea, in my opinion. And I don't mean necessarily a higher or lower level, but in different groups. I prefer to think that Celestia and Luna somehow earned being alicorns. And forget about Flurry Heart ASAP.

Does that mean that they were transformed Alicorns as well, or that they are something else entirely?

They just don't understand alicorn genetics, that's all.

Someone on EQD commented that Celestia and Luna aren't from Equestria, so Celestia saying a born alicorn is unknown there doesn't preclude her and Luna being "naturals" as well. Not sure if that's canon, but I hope so.

You misunderstand. They said there has never been a natural born alicorn before. Assuming they aren't lying, that means one of two things.

1) Celestia and Luna are ascended, just like Twilight and Cadence, but are apparently Immortal. Odd, since we have Word of God that "Twilight will not outlive her friends."

2) Celestia and Luna were not 'naturally born'. Which opens up a whole new can of worms.

-Lumino

5134904 Maybe they are archangels who were sent to defeat Discord and stayed to keep defending ponies? That statement has actually opened new doors for headcanons and fan-theories.

Someone on EQD commented that Celestia and Luna aren't from Equestria

I think the username was 'Journal of the Two Sisters'.

5134904 In Equestria, never a born alicorn in Equestria.

There has never been an alicorn born from parents who aren't both alicorns, that's what they meant. Rightfully so, Cadance is the likely the first alicorn to breed with a non-alicorn.

5134805 As others stated before me, Celestia said that no Alicorns were born in EQUESTRIA. In the Journal of the Two Sisters, it's implied that Celestia and Luna came from some sort of a country of Alicorns. In that place, I believe, Alicorns are normal to be born, not Equestria. Not to mention that Cadance is probably the first Alicorn to breed with a non-Alicorn but give birth to an Alicorn.

Good old Journal, saves the day again. Love that guy.

5135062 Yeah, he's a cool guy.

About damn time, indeed. I've been saying since Season Three that buying time is a great role for Celestia (and Luna). It gives her something that's useful without stealing the spotlight from the show's protagonists. I hope we see more of this.

As others stated before me, Celestia said that no Alicorns were born in EQUESTRIA.

That would effectively be a lie by omission. Celestia knows damn well what Cadance is asking and would be ducking out of answering it by making this stealth distinction. It would be answer that deserves an irritated eyeroll followed by, "Okay, fine. What about outside Equestria?" I'm going to assume she wouldn't do that.

5135826 The answer wasn't followed by "what about outside of Equestria?" because I think it's obvious that Cadance and probably Twilight and her friends know where Celestia and Luna came from, but it's US the viewers who don't know.

"Twilight will not outlive her friends" was a total knee-jerk reactionary post to calm one of the idiots who thinks that immortality is bad.

In any case:

1) It was never canon. It was a Tweet. If it isn't on screen, it isn't canon.

2) There are numerous other interpretations of that which could mean that all alicorns are immortal.

A) Twilight will die young.

B) Twilight's friends will become alicorns.

C) Twilight will continue to always make new friends, meaning that while she will outlive any one particular friend, she will always have friends, and therefore will never outlive her friends collectively.

D) Twilight is already friends with three immortals (Celestia, Luna, and Cadance) and is befriending a fourth (Discord), meaning that she will never outlive her friends because her friends are already immortal.

3) It is possible that Luna and Celestia's alicornhood is unrelated to their immortality.

4) It is possible that only Celestia is immortal. Luna may well have been in stasis for a thousand years.

I don't know, I wouldn't really consider them doing what Rainbow Dash does on a daily basis (albeit with magic lasers) to be "competent". Sure, it's not as bad as getting slapped across the floor by an enemy, but you know...
Weather patrol... woooooo

I'm going to take a guess that you didn't actually watch the episode. Rainbow tried to stop the storm, and nearly froze over while doing it, and was forced to quit right away. So no, they did better against it than Rainbow or any pegasus could have.

I did watch the episode.

Then you obviously weren't paying attention to the part where Rainbow tried to take out the clouds.

I saw that part too.

Then you are an idiot who didn't register what was happening OR you understood it but completely ignored it.

That, BTW, was the just response you earned by trying to be a smart ass with your last two replies. Great, you watched the episode, woo for you. Your comments make it perfectly obvious that you didn't understand anything about what happened, and so you may as well have not watched the episode.

Celestia and Luna: Fighting the weather back for hours.

Rainbow Dash: Wings frozen after one pass through the clouds, reducing her to running, since she can't fly anymore.

-Lumino

Your face is rude.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26