Celestia Is The Best Pony 2,895 members · 2,593 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
NorrisThePony
Group Admin

Princess Celestia has been given her own official short!

(Excuse me while I actually watch it)

Okay, that is awesome and she definitely deserves it. Bout time.

It was pretty cool. Her walk cycle was weird though did she always walks like her knees never bend?

Other than that I think this confirms the earth ponies do have some kind of magic

That have been confirmed since season 4 finale.

by the fans yes by the show well that ify

Ooh! I like this very much! Especially since it shows Celestia teaching, which I've suspected she really likes doing if she can spare the time from ruling.

*weird fanboy noises*

Ahem, lovely

How interesting that they hinted Daring Do into having an ability to locate valuable items... :moustache:

I like the idea that this is what Celestia considers her true calling, and that her Sun and shared rule are the necessities. I loved the informal tone she kept throughout this, kids that young have no time for formalities man, gotta get to the MAGIC. She even joked a bit at her own expense with her mane, this definitely had a Princess Mom Teaches Magic Class feel. I can easily picture a young Twilight stopping this lecture at several points waving her hoof and peppering Celestia with questions.

I understand this short was for fun and all... but I came in expecting some solid, legitimate foundation for how magic works in Equestria. Instead it’s the vagueness of its nature we were given. Oh well. We understand a bit more about what Daring Do’s cutie mark is representing and confirmation that Celestia’s (and by extension, Luna’s) mane is fueled by magic.

I know! It's got quite a lot of parallels with the EQG Celestia short, where she explicitly says she wishes she had more time to teach, and is frustrated by the administration she has to do. In many ways... being a princess might be simply what she is out of necessity, rather than what she loves.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13